Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Gryszzz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

what-in-tarnizzle-15115982.png
GB Cabs (resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

So I prefer the artwork with the firehouse/front ghosts on Pro model better than the Staypuft/White front of the Premium. If I swap the cabs, can anybody think of any issues? Wondering about impact on resale as well...would it make much of a difference?

GB Cabs (resized).jpg

#2 3 years ago

Shouldn't be a problem. With the Spike system, it probably wouldn't be bad...

I'm with you on the cab preference, though. I think the Pro looks the best out of the Pro, Premium, and LE.

#3 3 years ago

Might be able to get somebody to scan the artwork and print you a new front, although it would eliminate easily returning the cabinet to it's original form

#4 3 years ago

Can't believe you're going to replace it - SP is one of the main draws to the premium.

#5 3 years ago

I'm with you OP I'd rather have the pro cab with premium game

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Can't believe you're going to replace it - SP is one of the main draws to the premium.

May be a biased opinion!

(In all seriousness, I personally would probably keep it as well)

#7 3 years ago

I think it would be cool.

Definitely keep the premium backglass tho or your resale will be affected quite a bit

Hi Aquapin BTW!

#8 3 years ago

I love the art on my Pro cabinet. Stern did AC/DC the right way with the Premium games. It was easily distinguishable which version was the Premium. If you look at those two Ghostbusters cabs side by side, you couldn't tell which was the Premium version.

#9 3 years ago

I don't think it would impact it as its the playfield that matters. Both have really nice art packages

#10 3 years ago

Send me a pm, I may be able to help you out.

#11 3 years ago

Thanks for all the replies. Will keep the Prem transite and just swap the actual cab. With the Spike hardware should be pretty easy.

#12 3 years ago

Just order Pro decals for the sides and head for god's sake. Stern will sell those to you. They do not sell LE and premium decals unless you own one of those models but the pro you can get no matter what.

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Just order Pro decals for the sides and head for god's sake. Stern will sell those to you. They do not sell LE and premium decals unless you own one of those models but the pro you can get no matter what.

If he has access to a pro cab and can simply swap cabs, why in god sakes would he buy decals and go thru the time intensive and difficult job of installing new decals? That makes zero sense.

#14 3 years ago

Seems like an expensive experiment.

#15 3 years ago

This isn't just a matter of swapping playfields and installing the Premium/LE code is it? There must be more to it than that.....or is it that simple?

#16 3 years ago

It's probably a 20 minute playfield swap and the code. That's it.

#17 3 years ago

While I do think the pro cab is nicer.... there is no way I would do that to my premium or buy one that was.

I do think it hurts resale on a HUO mint piece as it limits your buyer to personal taste

#18 3 years ago

If youre just going to re-sell it, why even bother changing the cab? Seems like something that would be done for a keeper.

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

If youre just going to re-sell it, why even bother changing the cab? Seems like something that would be done for a keeper.

As long as he never changed his mind he's all good then

#20 3 years ago

Guess I should clarify:

- I have owned a Pro for several months, love the game and just want to upgrade to the Premium.
- No intention of selling it, but should there be need was curious what others thought as far as impact on resale
- As of tomorrow I will own both the Pro and Premium so doing a swap will be quite easy (far easier then decals)
- Pro buyer doesn't care what cabinet it has as long as it has one

#21 3 years ago

I say go for it. If I had the money, I would put a GoT pro playfield into an LE cabinet with LE backglass...and I bet I'd be able to sell the remaining LE in a pro cab for more than the pro costs, but obviously not as much as a normal LE. In the end I bet you wouldn't lose more than a few hundred bucks if you ever sold your "keeper" hybrid.

#22 3 years ago

what-in-tarnizzle-15115982.png

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Parsippany, NJ
Playfield - Plastics
ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside