9 months ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by hocuslocus
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 months ago

I was looking at ways to add machines to my collection... while not adding more to my house. lol.

I work next to w pizza place. Thinking of approaching them and asking if they want one on site. Coin op for their patrons to use and therefore generate some extra cash. Not expecting to make a bundle, but enough to pay for service on them at the very least.

Anybody doing this? What is a typical split with the property owner?

#2 9 months ago

Make sure you get with your province on licensing and insurance so you’re legit.

Then I would try for at least 70/30 split.

#3 9 months ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Make sure you get with your province on licensing and insurance so you’re legit.
    Then I would try for at least 70/30 split.

As in a gaming license?

#4 9 months ago

Yeah. Different states have different rules down here for operating coin OP equipment. I’d call your local government and see what you might need.

#5 9 months ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah. Different states have different rules down here for operating coin OP equipment. I’d call your local government and see what you might need.

Interesting. will definitely look into it. I know another Pizza place in town has one, if I don't get answers from government... I will reach out to them.
    Thank you!

#6 9 months ago

I’d say a lot of people operate equipment without any intention of getting a license and might get away with it. But best to do your homework and be legit.

#7 9 months ago

If you do. Really do your homework.

Here in the USA. I would go to the city hall in the city I would do this in. And find out requirements. License on you, your business, each game. Find out zoning ordinances, are games allowed in that area ? In that business ?

And get your own insurance. Don't depend on the location. Anyone gets hurt, place burns down and the machine is blamed, kiss everything you own away. Might be a one in a million chance. But can you risk it if your number comes up.

You work next to. Do you live close by ? Hate to have you just sit down to dinner and they call and want that thing fixed right now or out back it goes. And burglars and fires work 24/7, you can be contacted at odd hours.

I'm not trying to scare you. Just help you decide if it's worth it to you or not. Unless you plan on becoming an operator. It might not be worth the expense.

LTG : )

#8 9 months ago
    Quoted from LTG:

If you do. Really do your homework.
    Here in the USA. I would go to the city hall in the city I would do this in. And find out requirements. License on you, your business, each game. Find out zoning ordinances, are games allowed in that area ? In that business ?
    And get your own insurance. Don't depend on the location. Anyone gets hurt, place burns down and the machine is blamed, kiss everything you own away. Might be a one in a million chance. But can you risk it if your number comes up.
    You work next to. Do you live close by ? Hate to have you just sit down to dinner and they call and want that thing fixed right now or out back it goes. And burglars and fires work 24/7, you can be contacted at odd hours.
    I'm not trying to scare you. Just help you decide if it's worth it to you or not. Unless you plan on becoming an operator. It might not be worth the expense.
    LTG : )

All good points.... just was a thought that crossed my mind when I saw one in another local shop. My office is right next door, I'm a professional and wouldn't want them bugging me about it during my clinic hours. So will need to consider that.
    Just thought it was a good way to convince my better half to 'let me' get more machines! lol

#9 9 months ago

Here in houston,texas you pay 200-500 per year depending on how many machines you have for the business license.
    Then 60 bucks per machine, per year for the state license
    15 bucks a year for the county license
    and if your in city limits it's like another 15 bucks for the city permit.

I have another county I'm in, where I don't need a county permit unless you have more than 5 redemption machines (any machine where you get something back. like tickets, points etc..) If you have over 5 then it's a flat 1k per year.

There are places around me that don't have permits. Used to not bother me, but it's not cool when I'm paying close to 8k a year staying legit and the other guy isn't. Haven't ratted on anyone, but it's crossed my mind.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside