(Topic ID: 68179)

PINSIDE CHALLENGE: Let strangers play your machine(s) during Halloween!

By Jared

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 261 posts
  • 117 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by gliebig
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_06501.jpg
    IMG_06481.jpg
    IMG_06471.jpg
    IMG_06461.jpg
    20151031_195241.jpg
    20151031_220730.jpg
    20151031_193748.jpg
    image_1.jpg
    image.jpg
    20151031_194557-COLLAGE.jpg
    P_20151031_195855.jpg
    image2.jpg
    image1.jpg
    20151031_181708.jpg
    20151031_164200.jpg
    2015-10-31_16.13.25.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pezpunk.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 10 years ago

i would not be worried about theft - my neighborhood's way nice, i've got a security system, i've got insurance, and i really don't think any burglars are interested in moving a 300 pound object. in my experience it's usually teenagers interested in booze and easily-hockable stuff like electronics, musical instruments, and jewelry anyway.

i would be worried about condensation on the components though. it sure gets chilly around here in late october at night. wouldn't they get soaking wet inside and out once i brought them back inside and they warmed back up?

#35 10 years ago

man we get like 100 kids a year. huge, newish suburban neighborhood.

#47 10 years ago

weird that it's all the people who brag about their guns who are afraid of getting stolen from. wonder what the correlation is there.

#55 10 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

Okay, if you put a couple of pins in your garage on Halloween (maybe MB and CFTBL and SS) and invite neighborhood kids into the garage to play them...you'll find yourself arrested and booked as a potential child molester. Heck, you're already coaxing them to come close to you by offering them candy. But enticing them off the sidewalk and inside your garage? Better have someone ready with bail money.

what kind of weirdo paranoid neighborhood do you live in? jeez.

#56 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Good lord this thread has taken some seriously paranoid twists. You'd think the idea was to drop your pins off at the local bus station, with a piece of string tied to them leading back to your house with a sign hanging on them that says "come rob me".

seriously. do you people live in homes or barb wired bunkers?

#102 10 years ago

I would totally do this if I had a way to get them up into my garage.

#108 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Two word solution:
    Walkout Basement

my basement has a walkout, but then i have to go around the side of the house up a hill over lawn to get to the garage -- that is not a trivial journey with a widebody Williams!

#110 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Not sure if other people feel the same way. But I rather not let strangers or even neighbors know I own pins or any valuables. Window blinds are always shut and my pistols and AR15's are loaded by my bedside. I was robbed at gunpoint in my own home before, won't happen again. lol

yes this was discussed.

#137 10 years ago

this is awesome! would be fun to find a way to pull it off next year.

10 months later
    #158 9 years ago

if there were an easier route to my garage from my basement, i would, but i'd have to either go around the outside of my house up a big hill on grass, or up a winding staircase.

#160 9 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Guy just had a BBB stolen from inside his garage, and you're considering putting one on the porch?

not worried about it. it's a great neighborhood and i'd probably be there the whole time anyway.

#163 9 years ago

race card? you're the one blaming a race for crime.

1 year later
    #215 8 years ago

I wish I could do this, but moving games from my basement up the stairs and around to the garage would be a huuuuge pain.

3 weeks later
    #229 8 years ago

Happy Halloween Pinside!!

Carved this today ....

Rudy Pumpkin.jpgRudy Pumpkin.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pezpunk.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/put-your-pinball-on-the-sidewalk?tu=pezpunk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.