(Topic ID: 134937)

Put some REAL songs in my GN'R with Pinsound, short video- Awesome!

By shacklersrevenge

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by shacklersrevenge
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Someone wanted me to post a video, so here is quick rundown of some of the songs I tweaked out to my liking. It's unreal. Totally changes the game, the old sound package/board is so lame in comparison. I can't say enough good things about this Pinsound board- blown away! If you're on the fence, buy one, you won't be disappointed.

(sorry, it's a flip video, so sound and video quality aren't the best, but you get the idea of what you can do with this package)

Thanks!

#2 4 years ago

Much improved. I would just removed the start game voice. That guy drives me crazy.

I like this startup a little better. Even that I think would get old quick.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from eabundy:

Much improved. I would just removed the start game voice. That guy drives me crazy.
I like this startup a little better. Even that I think would get old quick.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=12&v=Z2o1XEh-wl4

I don't care for the ''it's time to play!'' intro or the ''of all the bands in the world...'' which is Mcbob,

Think i'm going to tweak that out with an original Axl ''you know where the F*** you are!? you in the jungle baby! wake up, time to dieeeeeeee''

#4 4 years ago

I'd probably just do a quick guitar riff. I think any verbal call outs will get old quick. "of all the bands in the world" is the worst for me..

#5 4 years ago

This game definitely could use the sound upgrade. I sold my GNR years ago because I could not stand the sound quality. The only game that could benefit even more than this one with updated sound / music would be Sterns Elvis. The lack of music with vocals & quality ruins that game.

#6 4 years ago

Just put mine in gnr tonight. The difference is incredible. I'm going to tweak some songs, but here's a quick vid of some of the changed.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from jints56:

Just put mine in gnr tonight. The difference is incredible. I'm going to tweak some songs, but here's a quick vid of some of the changed.
» YouTube video

Very nice lookin GNR...looks like a recent restore? The pinsound board really does make this game move up another level...it's that big of a difference maker. I'll be giving mine the full out treatment of a high end restore once I'm done with my others ahead in the Q....TAFG, MB, CV, IJ...waay too much work ahead

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Very nice lookin GNR...looks like a recent restore? The pinsound board really does make this game move up another level...it's that big of a difference maker. I'll be giving mine the full out treatment of a high end restore once I'm done with my others ahead in the Q....TAFG, MB, CV, IJ...waay too much work ahead

Thanks. It's in great shape and I've added some bling along with hergs ledocd board. The music is awesome now!

#9 4 years ago

I will be ordering mine soon. I like what the guy on their site did.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from jints56:

» YouTube video

Always thought the logical choice was ''You could be mine'' for Axl 3 ball

I cut mine to cut right into the action, so that when it launches into that mode it's like BOOM, almost right into the lyrics and juice of the song. Otherwise, it feels like a tease and chances are you're just left with the beginning instrumental as it's tough to keep 3 balls going.

#12 4 years ago

Definitely COOL ..... nobody has really stated if its user friendly or not ... is it a pain in the ass to setup? Might have to get one myself!

#13 4 years ago

I've been on the fence with this myself, any feedback on how user friendly it is to change songs, clips etc?

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from HighwayStarr:

Definitely COOL ..... nobody has really stated if its user friendly or not ... is it a pain in the ass to setup? Might have to get one myself!

Quoted from Doot77:

I've been on the fence with this myself, any feedback on how user friendly it is to change songs, clips etc?

Super easy to install and change songs. Just download the zip file from pinsounds community forum and unzip to your hard drive. I just followed this guy from pinsides directions and it worked like a charm.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/6a2hx5gtU3s?autoplay=1&rel=0

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from OldSchoolBlood:

This game definitely could use the sound upgrade. I sold my GNR years ago because I could not stand the sound quality. The only game that could benefit even more than this one with updated sound / music would be Sterns Elvis. The lack of music with vocals & quality ruins that game.

Do you even have Elvis? Every song has lyrics..smh

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Someone wanted me to post a video, so here is quick rundown of some of the songs I tweaked out to my liking. It's unreal. Totally changes the game, the old sound package/board is so lame in comparison.

Sounds great... one of the keys to music-themed game longevity is to change up the songs now and then.

Quoted from OldSchoolBlood:

Ironic that the sound quality on this 20 year old game is still better than modern mono Sterns. Maybe a speaker upgrade would have helped?

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Ironic that the sound quality on this 20 year old game is still better than modern mono Sterns. Maybe a speaker upgrade would have helped?

upgraded my speakers with the Pinball Pro set ... made a difference but I understand it's still not great compared to some of today's technology ... more annoying to me is that you cannot control the volume of the music and sound FX independently on GNR ... Its nice to hear you guys use the Use Your Illusion music in the game since its part of the art theme

#18 4 years ago

Took another video playing gnr tonight.

#19 4 years ago

I thought about tackling this project but ended up selling the game. I'm a huge GnR fan and would someday like to own the game again. I'm a guitar player and I have a small studio that doesn't get enough use. If anyone wants to request a higher quality guitar riff or instrumental sound byte that can't be taken from an actual recording let me know. I'd love to dust off the old gold top Les Paul. The vocal cues are what stopped me, but the more I think about it and hear you guys talk about it they could be eliminated and replaced by cool riffs.

#20 4 years ago

QUESTION: After watching the video at pinsound's site it's obvious they left the profanity in the new sound files which I have absolutely no problem with however for example if my nieces are over and want to play pinball is it it a simple task to switch the game back to the default sounds?

#21 4 years ago

Someone wanted me to post a video, so here is quick rundown of some of the songs I tweaked out to my liking. It's unreal. Totally changes the game, the old sound package/board is so lame in comparison. I can't say enough good things about this Pinsound board- blown away! If you're on the fence, buy one, you won't be disappointed.
(sorry, it's a flip video, so sound and video quality aren't the best, but you get the idea of what you can do with this package)
Thanks!
» YouTube video

Thanks for posting! This is great!

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Thanks for posting! This is great!

No problem! No going back once you put this board in, it's like going from a Cavalier to a Corvette. Board was shipped from France fast too- express! (about a week I think)

#23 4 years ago

On a side note*

There are a few tweaks I want to do...going to pull ''Madagascar'' and cut and put ''Prostitute'' in its place. Also, better tracks are needed for the orbit completion and spelling out GUNS/ROSES at the ramps.

#24 4 years ago

No problem! No going back once you put this board in, it's like going from a Cavalier to a Corvette. Board was shipped from France fast too- express! (about a week I think)

Ordered one this morning, however they are currently backordered ...expected ship date SEPT 30

#25 4 years ago

here is a richer, full gameplay video I just did. - RIOT!!!!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Boards
PinSound
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside