(Topic ID: 58668)

Put pins in Storage Unit or sell? Wife says they have to go.

By Av8

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 84 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Nevus
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0762.JPG
    1318891499_half_baked.jpg
    image.jpg
    There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 10 years ago

Surprise, I have too many pins according to my wife. But I really like all 6. The problem is I have 2 in my living room. Wife says they gotta go.

How many of you rent a storage unit to keep your extra pinball machines in? I am considering renting a unit, 65 month for 10 x 5 foot. Cheap enough but I worried that they will just be forgotten or stolen.

Or maybe I will enjoy rotating them out.

Chime in if you have experience storing your collection for later use. Good idea or bad idea?

image.jpgimage.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Dont you have a good friend or family member you could park them at? Then they could be enjoyed instead of stored away.

#3 10 years ago

Sell them to me for a loss and tell ur wife I said thanks!!!

#4 10 years ago

I'd rather not have a pin at all if it weren't at my house. Money could better be used elsewhere and storage unit is money down the drain

#5 10 years ago

Make sure its a temp controlled storage unit. Not that I should have to say it...

#6 10 years ago

When I get to many pins I keep them at work.

#7 10 years ago

You really don't want advice from me. After it was all said and done you'd probably own more pins.

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Dont you have a good friend or family member you could park them at? Then they could be enjoyed instead of stored away.

This is the way to go.

#9 10 years ago

Solution: put WIFE in storage unit or sell her!

#10 10 years ago

I'd dump my wife long before any pins. Far less hassle from the latter.

#11 10 years ago

According to your pinside collection, you've got 2 ac/dc's and a lethal weapon. I see 2 you could easily cull right there.

#12 10 years ago

You deserve to have as many pins as she has credit cards or shoes!

#13 10 years ago

I have the same dilemma, I'm taking a job out of state, looking for a Pinsitter or two.

#14 10 years ago

Storage unit money is a waste. Cheaper to sell pins and then buy back. or store in your garage etc. I started with a 5 x 10 then went to a 10 x 15 then stopped as I realized what a waste of money it was. Just left a car out in the driveway.

#15 10 years ago

rotating pins seems like such a pain, and like others have said storage units are a money bucket. After a couple years, you could probably have sold them and bought them back (with less moving). You live in florida so the temps are always above freezing. Do you have the land to build a shed with a small a/c unit? Might be cheaper (and certainly easier) in the long run.

#16 10 years ago

F her! I will make room for them and not charge you.

#18 10 years ago

yea, if you can't set them up and play them, either let a friend use them or dump some until you get a bigger game room.

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from lllvjr:

Make sure its a temp controlled storage unit. Not that I should have to say it...

Yes they will rust and warp the plastics. Get Insurance also like renters insurance, many people stay in storage units cooking meth and they catch on fire.

I lost some video games that way. Sell, use your cash and buy back if you want the pin again or even better let a friend use them, that way they will still get the benefit of being played some.

#20 10 years ago

Too bad you couldn't put them on a route and make some$!

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from lllvjr:

Sell them to me for a loss and tell ur wife I said thanks!!!

+100

#22 10 years ago

Sell me your Tron LE

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from PINBELL:

Too bad you couldn't put them on a route and make some$!

I'd put them in a place that takes care of them!

#24 10 years ago

She doesn't love you tell her to sells some of her items she has to many or put them in storage. Id put her whole attitude in storage before my pins. If that's what you really have to do just sell them you'll end up spending more than there worth in storage what will you really do with them? If its gonna still be the same home issue? Id rather dump the wife get some more pins and a bitchin gf to make up. Guilt trip her best way to solve this if there's a will there's a way.

#25 10 years ago

Sell the wife, keep the pins.

#26 10 years ago

You could take that $65, add a little to it, and make payments on an add-on gameroom! It also adds footage to the house, increasing its value! A win win!!!

#27 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I was going to go there. Thanks O-din

#28 10 years ago

Av8,

Your problem has nothing to do with pinball machines in your living room.

Best of luck to you man.

#29 10 years ago

Buy a bigger house

#30 10 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

According to your pinside collection, you've got 2 ac/dc's and a Lethal Weapon. I see 2 you could easily cull right there.

Selling two acdc?

#31 10 years ago
    Quoted from Mato:

Buy a bigger house

Get a smaller wife! JK(;

#32 10 years ago
    Quoted from PINBELL:

Get a smaller wife! JK(;

+1

#33 10 years ago

Unload the AC/DC Pro and Lethal Weapon

#34 10 years ago

I believe that is the nature of his problem.

#35 10 years ago

Please take my wife jokes...ugggg. I'm sure you will find a solution. Good luck.

#36 10 years ago

FS or WTT HUO Wife sorry ill stop now. Just ask for a compromise new clothes keeps the pins maybe?

#37 10 years ago

Keep the 2 you want in the house and let some close pinheads baby sit them
    You still own the machines but someone is taking care of them and you could always swap machines in and out

#38 10 years ago
    Quoted from VegasAlleycat:

Unload the AC/DC Pro and Lethal Weapon

No ACDC Pro is such a Fast pin, its really a great player.

#39 10 years ago
    Quoted from Av8:

Surprise, I have too many pins according to my wife. But I really like all 6. The problem is I have 2 in my living room. Wife says they gotta go.
    How many of you rent a storage unit to keep your extra pinball machines in? I am considering renting a unit, 65 month for 10 x 5 foot. Cheap enough but I worried that they will just be forgotten or stolen.
    Chime in if you have experience storing your collection for later use. Good idea or bad idea?

Kill wife..

Put wife in Storage unit, after you harvest her usable organs to sell so you can buy more pins.

#40 10 years ago

I think what she is really saying is she wants less competition for playing time. She says time to move out some of the mistresses. Probably become better playing pinball now than her. Stop leaving immediately after coitus to play pinball then you will be able to keep the machines. Quoting a line from White Men Can't Jump, ” sometimes when you lose you really win.”

You can decide which loss to take. End of counseling, lol.

Ps... Don't get the glass of water!

#41 10 years ago

But he does have them in the living room. My wife is very easy going and lets me buy and do whatever I want and never says a word. But sometimes I get a big group in and I have the kitchen full of pins, then she will say something if they are there for a couple of months. But she's still nice about it. and she knows the kitchen isn't a permanent place for any machine.

#42 10 years ago

Get a new wife

#43 10 years ago

The pants... wear them.

#44 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

FS Wife. Routed for several years and then HUO for last 5. Typical wear in shooter lane and some external fade. Accepts coins endlessly, but doesn't give credit for most of them. Could benefit from a firmware update.

#45 10 years ago

Knock down the wall in the living room. It'll open up the whole living space. Then you can decorate a corner with a few pins and related decor.

Contrary to what my wife suggests, I'd sooner move a bunch of non-pinball items out of the house and into a storage unit, and reclaim that space to store pins in the house/basement.

#46 10 years ago
    Quoted from Av8:

If it helps you out,I will take them both
    You can come visit them anytime.

#47 10 years ago

Judging by your collection, money doesn't seem to be an issue, but I could be wrong.

Find a nice climate controlled storage facility that has electric service (some do) that way you can still keep them and go "offsite" to play them.

Would make for a nice work area as well.

Happy wife = happy life.

#48 10 years ago

Thanks for your advice. My collection would be very hard to replace and took me a year to put together.

First of the lethal weapon was my first and we love the gameplay and nostalgia. The gun is integrated very well into the gameplay much like the fire button on ACDC. I gave it to my son as a gift so it is his decision to sell.

To me ACDC is the number one Stern ever produced. Everytime I go to sell one of them I have an amazing adrenaline rush game and I back out. My AC DC Pro plays perfect and has a dimple free field and is highly modded. I will never be able to replace this. I listed the premium for sale locally but still may keep it.

The solution might be a bigger house but that will cost me hundreds more per month. I might consider garage storage in a couple more months when the temperature drops.

Alimony and child support cost a little more than a storage unit.

#49 10 years ago

I've seriously considered building a free standing, air conditioned/pimped game room in the back yard. Maybe 12' x 14'

I wish we could have basements in Florida

#50 10 years ago

Sorry, simple solution. Sell ACDC Pro and LW keep the rest and use your added income to take a nice vacation. Or, still sell the two mentioned machines and save your money for another machine that is a must have...rinse and repeat.

Renting storage is the worst thing you go do...wasting money every month.

There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/put-pins-in-storage-unit-or-sell-wife-says-they-have-to-go and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.