2016 pictures 029 (resized).JPG
2016 pictures 027 (resized).JPG
2016 pictures 025 (resized).JPG
2016 pictures 026 (resized).JPG
2016 pictures 036 (resized).JPG
IMG_20161005_173447148_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20160921_202130610 (resized).jpg
IMG_20160923_152353513_TOP (resized).jpg
There are 96 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

N.O.O.B. =New Out Of Box

So for fun, value this game. It was opened on week ago.no acid damage. 9.Plays

2016 pictures 003 (resized).JPG2016 pictures 003 (resized).JPG

2016 pictures 006 (resized).JPG2016 pictures 006 (resized).JPG

2016 pictures 031 (resized).JPG2016 pictures 031 (resized).JPG

2016 pictures 024 (resized).JPG2016 pictures 024 (resized).JPG

2016 pictures 028 (resized).JPG2016 pictures 028 (resized).JPG

2016 pictures 019 (resized).JPG2016 pictures 019 (resized).JPG

2016 pictures 007 (resized).JPG2016 pictures 007 (resized).JPG

2016 pictures 002 (resized).JPG2016 pictures 002 (resized).JPG

#2 7 years ago

dude!! you lucky dog!!! I want one!!!

#3 7 years ago

Give or take...

120499365_8e5d447f9d (resized).jpg120499365_8e5d447f9d (resized).jpg

#4 7 years ago

Value wise maybe 6k. I don't think it would sell for that though. I've seen really nice restored ones with cc playfields have trouble selling at around 5k.

#5 7 years ago

I think 5k would be about it.....realistically.

#6 7 years ago

That one seems more like a pro than a premium compared to today's pins. I'd say 5.5K.

Is this the one from pinballisfun, below? Man was exciting to see all those warehouse finds show up again. I still know of a couple, and plan to get my hands on one soon.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-nib-no-good-gofers-williams-1997

#7 7 years ago

Man some of you guys think 8 grand for a stinking remake is fair! This is much better than any old remake... I say 9 grand here all day!

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

That one seems more like a pro than a premium compared to today's pins. I'd say 5.5K.
Is this the one from pinballisfun, below? Man was exciting to see all those warehouse finds show up again. I still know of a couple, and plan to get my hands on one soon.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-nib-no-good-gofers-williams-1997

No it is not.

#9 7 years ago

6K this second , next week HUO 5K

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

No it is not.

Where's it from? Fun to hear the story behind these...

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

No way, NGG is PACKED with features.

-Spinning disc
-Physical lock with VUK launcher for Multiball
-Two bash toys that pop up and down, and when down can leave a ramp shot or a ball lock shot
-SLAM RAMP!
-Upper "playfield" with cart toy and Hole-in-One shot
-3 flippers
-3 Ramps
-Captive/newton ball
-Kickback

Probably forgetting a few things, but NGG is a great Lawlor game with way more innovation and cool features on the playfield than we ever see in Stern games.

#12 7 years ago

I would rather have a clean players machine for 3k though.

#13 7 years ago

Wow nice find.I see 5k.Hope you got a good deal,fun machine.
Mike

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Is this the one from pinballisfun

Its not one of those

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I would rather have a clean players machine for 3k though.

It's pretty rare to find a NGG without slam ramp wear...so if it's a game you really love, this could be a gem for someone. I was really fortunate to have a HUO NGG that probably didn't have more than 100 plays on it...slam ramp area and shooter lane were pristine!

#16 7 years ago

I would guess 5000 maybe a little more for the average pinball guy but find the right guy the collector type and I could see 6000 being paid, you just don't find them like this.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

I would guess 5000 maybe a little more for the average pinball guy but find the right guy the collector type and I could see 6000 being paid, you just don't find them like this.

It takes a special buyer at 5k to justify paying 2k more for one with no wear though. This isn't something that would be a fast sell and the higher it puts it the longer it sits. I had 3k in my last one. Fun enough game, but such a shallow ruleset.

#18 7 years ago

Can't believe some jerk operator installed a lock bar across the coin door.

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Hhhm, you convinced me, need to put some more time in on that one...

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

-Spinning disc
-Physical lock with VUK launcher for Multiball
-Two bash toys that pop up and down, and when down can leave a ramp shot or a ball lock shot
-SLAM RAMP!
-Upper "playfield" with cart toy and Hole-in-One shot
-3 flippers
-3 Ramps
-Captive/newton ball
-Kickback
Probably forgetting a few things, but NGG is a great Lawlor game with way more innovation and cool features on the playfield than we ever see in Stern games.

i think calling the cart / hole in one shot an "upper playfield" is a real stretch, but otherwise i agree.

note that the kickback is a real kickback, not a Stern virtual kickback.

also it has a mini cannon thing.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from dung:

It takes a special buyer at 5k to justify paying 2k more for one with no wear though. This isn't something that would be a fast sell

Theres more to this market than you know.

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Can't believe some jerk operator installed a lock bar across the coin door.

I'm with you,the first thing I should do is rip that sucker off and putty the holes.

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I say 9 grand here all day

No way! That's an insane amount. For the same price you could get a JJP game (nicer games in my opinion), or even a mint Monster Bash, or similar caliber of game. NGG just isn't on that same level.

Now, I'm not saying it wouldn't eventually sell at 9k, because we all know there are some crazy people out there who would pay that. But realistically, I would say in today's market 5k sounds about right, and if you priced it at 4k, someone would grab it real quick.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Its not one of those

"Mum's the word" on this one it seems... boo... ha, I'd do the same if I discovered a source of old NIB...

#25 7 years ago

Was this the one from Ebay? I posted that in the NIB thread awhile back. I think they wanted $8K for the one on Ebay. That sounds fair to me given the age and compared with prices today especially if you never intend to sell it. Hope you have fun.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vintage-out-of-production-nib-for-sale-thread

Edit: I guess I didn't post it in the thread but the same guy was selling a Champions Pub NIB and a Safe Cracker NOOB.

#26 7 years ago

$2k max.... only because I want this and trying to be like other pinsiders who lowball valuations and say all the bad things about a game so they can soon buy it for less

Looks awesome!

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from sadler28:

$2k max.... only because I want this and trying to be like other pinsiders who lowball valuations and say all the bad things about a game so they can soon buy it for less
Looks awesome!

Probably smells like cardboard too.

#28 7 years ago

9 plays and specs all over the glass! You sure spit a lot while playing!

#29 7 years ago

Are you keeping or selling ?

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Theres more to this market than you know.

There is no value in obtuse statements with nothing to back it up. Besides you are biased considering you are the one who posted this.

The game is no longer NIB. The premium that comes with opening the box is gone. It is a low play HUO NGG. It isn't an MM, AFM, or CC ie something either incredibly rare or top 10.

Its from a time when huo williams are much more common. Show me a Banzai Run you just pulled out of a box or is certifiably huo and then you will really have something.

#31 7 years ago

Nice find! It's hard to find a NGG with out slam ramp wear & chipped inserts everywhere. It's a Lawlor masterpiece!
I have a HEP NGG & it's not leaving my game room anytime soon!
I think it's worth $6k+. I would rather buy this than any recent Stern Premium($6,700).

#32 7 years ago

The value declines as soon as "you drive it off the lot." Wasn't the seller asking $15K for this game? Enjoy your game, but don't ever expect to get your money back when you sell it.

I would guess $5-6K on resale, depending on the buyer.

#33 7 years ago

the better question is, how much are you selling it for?

#34 7 years ago

I'm not sure what this is worth in today's market, but I'm glad I paid what I did for mine - plus it came with a neat souvenir to remind me!

Marty_NGG.jpgMarty_NGG.jpg

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from Gnatty:

9 plays and specs all over the glass! You sure spit a lot while playing!

Thats not spit.

Quoted from stretch2:

Are you keeping or selling ?

I have not decided what I'm doing with it.

Quoted from dung:

There is no value in obtuse statements

You are correct,Kettle

Quoted from dung:

Besides you are biased considering you are the one who posted this.

Not really biased ,I know what it was worth to me.more interested in other peoples opinions.

#36 7 years ago

There is no real extra value for 'sealed in package' with pins. It's condition, condition, condition.

It's a novelty that its still brand new... but doesn't demand a significant premium for it... except for the next guy who thinks if he puts it in storage for 5 more years he'll double his money (in his dreams).

The game is worth what a cherry, low play NGG is worth.

#37 7 years ago

No offense intended, but the game lost roughly $1.5-2K of value because you took it out if the box, if you were planning to sell. It is now worth $5K, up to $6K to a specific collector.

I would estimate you for it for around $5-5.5K, if it was a warehouse find. Dealer would try to charge more up to around $7.5K.

If not, enjoy your great acquistion.
I know once in a while overstocks like NGG appear, but not often anymore.

#38 7 years ago

I'm sure he was not the one who took it out of the box. Someone opened it then decided after a whole 9 games to

CASH OUT

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Thats not spit.

I have not decided what I'm doing with it.

You are correct,Kettle

Not really biased ,I know what it was worth to me.more interested in other peoples opinions.

And you are getting them most seem to think 5k maybe 6. Its a hou ngg. Nothing special about it since you took it out of the box.

#40 7 years ago

Cant really put a price on a thing of beauty like that.... i have some beautiful all original pins like huo tz and very nice afm, bsd, congo and restored mb but a noob is super sweet and b a nice addition to any b/w collection/collector. Id love have one like it.

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Nothing special about it since you took it out of the box.

Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

because you took it out if the box,

Who said I took it out of the box.

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Who said I took it out of the box.

If you didn't, someone did, and the cost reduction is still relevant.

"It was opened on week ago." (Implies it could be yours)
"I have not decided what I'm doing with it." (Implies it is yours, unless you bought it with another)
Photos show the game set up and ready to go anyway.

Why even ask this specific question?
If you are selling if for yourself great, if for another, that is fantastic, if you decide to keep it even better.
This is just a bit of price phishing for knowledge in order to sell it, and I provided it from my personal expertise, as did others.

Whatever you do, enjoy the find.
Personally, I would keep it, it will be worth more in the long run for you.
I know I have several friends who purchased this game as closeouts and one just sold theirs for very good money.
Their price was $3500 NIB (shipped), however in 1998.

#45 7 years ago

I had just finished healing the wound of not having the $ at the time when Eric Bundy sold his recently and just ran across this! Thanks for ripping that wide open again!

#46 7 years ago

What good is a great game in the box? Id gladly pay a premium based on condition and documentation ....

#47 7 years ago

It's Gofers. I restored one to a fairly high level once. Sold it for $6k, that was a while ago.

It's true the game is packed, but there's something about it I didn't care for. I think the shots are too damn easy. Hole in one is hard but that's hardly a regular pinball shot.

#48 7 years ago

Funhouse also has a "shallow" ruleset but it's a Williams game and very VERY well built and brand new? Wow, who cares what it might be worth the thing belongs in a museum. But for insurance purposes whatever the most expensive stern game is add 3k and there you have it!

#49 7 years ago

Why is it that if this was a fresh HEP, nobody would have a problem with a price tag well above the mentioned prices here?

I would say most people would say anything less than $9k would be a bargain for a fresh HEP NGG. After all, isn't the point of a restoration to bring an item back to its former glory and be like new again?

You can't get any closer to like new other than a NIB pin, or NOOB pin.

Also, who in their right mind would buy a 20 year old pin without opening the box for inspection? It's not a big deal, especially if you don't set it up or play it, just put it back the way it came out. Who knows how it was stored or moved around. I would not spend thousands on a sealed heavy box and just hope for the best and take the sellers word on its condition.

Open box does not make it a used pin, it make it a NIB that was opened to have condition verified. Set up and played makes it no longer NIB.

NOOB is a new pin that has been set up and played a few times or used as a display. How much of a discount will a stern dealer give you on a NOOB pin, a $100-$200?

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from dung:

It isn't an MM, AFM, or CC ie something either incredibly rare or top 10.

Although not top 10, NGG (2711 produced) is more rare than original MM (3414 produced) and AFM (3450 produced)

NGG rated #37 had less than 1000 more units produced than Banzai Run rated #81.

Any NIB Bally/Williams is rare, even if it were a TAF (over 20,000 produced) the most produced pin to date.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, VT
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Aurora, CO
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lenexa, KS
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

5,450 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

There are 96 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/put-a-value-on-thisnoob?hl=pappyfromjersey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.