(Topic ID: 212343)

Push Button Start on Cars -- Are you a Fan?

By TractorDoc

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 196 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by woody24
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC_0216small (resized).jpg
    20C303ED-C4C9-4F80-AD3E-6A6EDE8658D8 (resized).jpeg
    9218F8E8-9A68-436A-B9C4-9E4BB6B1A521 (resized).jpeg
    button before (resized).jpg
    button after (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    cutter (resized).jpg
    download (1) (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    That was easy. (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toasterdog.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

No. When that battery in your key fob goes dead, you are stranded!

Break off your key in the steering column and you're even more stranded.

I'll take my push start any day personally. It's easy enough to change a battery and they last for a long time. Standard watch style battery. I just bought 25 of them for $10.00 last week.

#40 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Yeah, like that happens all the time! You can still turn it with a screwdriver.
    Some of you guys will try to think of any reason why new technology is always better. Tell that to the little old lady who's key fob went dead for her Lexus at my work a little while back.

I was a valet at a country club years ago and saw at least two keys broken off accidentally in the ignition. Maybe a Benz and a Volvo with flip style keys.

These newer cars also having warnings that your key FOB is low and gve you plenty of time to pop off the back and stick a new battery in. Takes less than 1 minute.

#43 6 years ago

I never take my key out of my pocket. What's not to like about that? I honestly cant imagine anyone not wanting PB technology.

Plus it looks cool.

That was easy. (resized).jpgThat was easy. (resized).jpg

#119 6 years ago

I gotta admit as much as I love my key FOB not leaving my pocket, it has a nasty habit of sliding out and down the side of the seat next to my center console.

I usually place it in the cubby next to my shifter if I think about it.

#124 6 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

I have driven the newer cars with the gee-whiz key fob. It is nice and convenient. But if I lose my old school key I will have a spare or two hidden somewhere because they are cheap.
    Wait until you lose one of your gee--whiz key fobs and go to get a replacement and are told it will cost you around $300.00.

That's like losing your key and having to get one made from a locksmith without the original. I can buy a replacement key FOB for my Challenger for about $50, programming can be done by the dealer for another $50 or so or you can program it yourself with a existing FOB.

Don't wait until you lose your key FOB and it will be much more affordable to duplicate.

3 weeks later
    #193 5 years ago

Can you lock your dog in the car with the motor and air conditioning running on a hot day?

Yea, my dog thanks me for my push start button.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toasterdog.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/push-button-start-on-cars-are-you-a-fan?tu=toasterdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.