(Topic ID: 212343)

Push Button Start on Cars -- Are you a Fan?

By TractorDoc

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 196 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by woody24
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC_0216small (resized).jpg
    20C303ED-C4C9-4F80-AD3E-6A6EDE8658D8 (resized).jpeg
    9218F8E8-9A68-436A-B9C4-9E4BB6B1A521 (resized).jpeg
    button before (resized).jpg
    button after (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    cutter (resized).jpg
    download (1) (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    That was easy. (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Wolfmarsh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#69 6 years ago

Pushbutton is just another convenience that I am happy to have. I will also take paddle shifters over a manual, thank you.

All of the cars with remote fobs have manual ways of doing the same actions, you just have to read the manual.

Don't be like this poor guy. https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2015/06/11/texas-man-dog-die-trapped-corvette/71053474/

#98 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Has anybody here ever successfully push started a car with a keyless ignition?

Have you ever tried to push start an automatic? I'd like to see that.

#109 6 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

Certain BMWs will not move with a door open or the hood open. The car will shift into Park by its self. You ask why would you move the car with the hood open? If using a battery boost pack to jump start the car, and leaving the booster in place, the hood will not close.

Why would you want the car out of park while you are jumping it and have the hood open?

#113 6 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

When moving a vehicle with either a frozen battery, or bad alternator, or a battery with a dead cell. We move the car from a staging area into the shop. This is at low speed, not blasting down a highway on a road test. We use a larger Battery Boost Pack, not those new mini boost packs that allow to be tucked under the hood.

That does make sense. I wonder if you could 3d print a clip to hold the hood switch down while you move it.

#137 6 years ago

Spaceships won't have turn key ignitions.

3 weeks later
    #192 6 years ago
    Quoted from woody24:

We swapped cars while they were still running, and grandma was able to drive his car back to her house with her grandson without having the keys. They were about 30 minutes away from where we were working. Luckily she didn't need to use the car once she got home.

In my wife's car, if you take the keys away from the car while it's running, it gets very annoying with messages and beeps that there is no key present.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Wolfmarsh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/push-button-start-on-cars-are-you-a-fan?tu=Wolfmarsh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.