(Topic ID: 212343)

Push Button Start on Cars -- Are you a Fan?

By TractorDoc

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 196 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by woody24
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC_0216small (resized).jpg
    20C303ED-C4C9-4F80-AD3E-6A6EDE8658D8 (resized).jpeg
    9218F8E8-9A68-436A-B9C4-9E4BB6B1A521 (resized).jpeg
    button before (resized).jpg
    button after (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    cutter (resized).jpg
    download (1) (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    That was easy. (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lovef2k.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 6 years ago

I have a 14 Ram Longhorn. Love the push button start. It's even nicer if you have keyless entry, no more digging in pocket for keys, just keep key fob in pocket or whatever you carry your stuff in. Wife has 17 Cherokee with the same options and she now likes this feature...

#115 6 years ago
    Quoted from aveamike:

Dislike. Always looking my key inside my car. It sounds crazy but I never know if it’s in my jacket or inside the car.

The Ram senses the FOB, if the FOB is in the vehicle, it won't lock. It also knows if the FOB exits the vehicle when the engine is running, pretty much fool proof.

#116 6 years ago
    Quoted from paragon66x:

Not a fan of it, and here is why: you still need something to start the car which in this case is the key fob thingy. So the problem becomes, where do you put it? In the case of the key, you always know where its at - in the ignition. My wife cant keep track of her key fob for $hit as it doesn't really have a place. Doesn't really work well for us.

Wife and I have the same FOB, I just keep mine in my front pocket, he has hers on the key chain with all her crap and just leaves in her purse/pocketbook. Some cars like Benz have a credit card size key that you can keep in wallet.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lovef2k.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/push-button-start-on-cars-are-you-a-fan?tu=Lovef2k and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.