• Latest reply 10 years ago by joe2012
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20140119_124239.jpg
#1 10 years ago

I have a stern t-3.i need a deep purple non ghosting led for the clear inserts.i tried p.b.l."s ghost buster but it looks like a light shade of violet to me.anyone know who makes a deep shade of purple n.g.led? thanks joe

#2 10 years ago

What about just using white under the insert?

#4 10 years ago

pinbits has UV leds. Bought them for my LOTR POTD figures and they are super purple.

#5 10 years ago

markmon ,just looking for some color. daley thanks for the link.captainneo I have a couple u.v."s i'll try them out. thanks joe

#6 10 years ago

Ive used cointaker purple premium non ghosting and liked them

http://shop.cointaker.com/product.sc?productId=1249&categoryId=184

The 555 variety are on back order now, CT says their shipment was stuck at customs.... They have been super nice about it. Great communication and customer service at CT.

#7 10 years ago

hi rick,thanks for the link. joe

#8 10 years ago

All purples these days seem to be the same lightish color. The exception are the ablaze 1/3/4 series and the opto/super flux. The 3 and 4 bulb ablazes May ghost though, and the original single bulb ablaze isn't bright enough.

Comet pinball has "optiflux" bulbs that are similar to the super flux. You can buy them here on the good old USA from a good guy (Art) and get a nice rich purple bulb that doesn't ghost.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Comet pinball has "optiflux" bulbs that are similar to the super flux. You can buy them here on the good old USA from a good guy (Art) and get a nice rich purple bulb that doesn't ghost.

I have these and can post a picture if needed.

#10 10 years ago

Purples.....my favorite color to chat.

LEDs that are purple are a lighter color then when a SMD.
Flux Purples are terrible, they look blue to UV.
We have added a bunch of new UV bulbs, but in general the insert plastic doesnt react to UV.
Purple SMD, have the darkest color that is produced today...I have over 20 purples in stock test we did from
a dozen or more factories.

The Best, Darkest Purples, in Non Ghosting I have tested are from the following Vendors:

Cointaker
PinballBulbs
Pinball Life
Comet Pinball (SMD and Super Flux..No-Flix-Piranha)
Pinball Decals (super flux)
Pinballcenter.eu (super flux no flix)

Sorry I dont have one from Nifty, but they deserve mention.

Different costs, of course to shop.
Our purples are also in 2 SMD and we are the only ones with Purple 4 SMD non ghosting.

Our Purple Op-Max will restock in 3 weeks.
I am working on our 6 LED in purple, but I dont know how dark that will be,
Also a Purple 5 SMD tower in 6.3V is in works.

All good choices, and good people. But for Non ghosting only your choices are
1 SMD All above
2 SMD CT and Comet
4 SMD Comet
SuperFlux, no flix....Optix...Pinball decals, Pinballcenter, Comet
Op-Max Comet

#11 10 years ago

hi art,how about you ultimate optix super flux? thanks for the help everyone. joe

#12 10 years ago

Hi Joe,

The Optix, is a great bulb, ad the same as pinballcenter.
Trying to describe the shade or photoing in my be difficult, especially in an insert, but Ill try to get something shot this weekend.

#14 10 years ago

Here's a pic of my TFLE that I put some CT Premiums in on the left side.

20140119_124239.jpg20140119_124239.jpg

#15 10 years ago

thanks for the pic rick.they look great for g.i. but might be too bright for the inserts.the inserts I want purple for are the lanes and right above the flippers. joe

#16 10 years ago

I'l try and post a pic of an insert with the purple optix. Got delayed due to a second round of burst pipes in the house.

#17 10 years ago

thanks cruzin, no rush the pipes are more important.there is another round of artic air coming next tuesday. joe

#18 10 years ago

Man I tried like heck to get a decent picture of that insert illuminated. All I get is a white color, grrrrr lol. I do have a better camera, currently I was just trying with my cell phone.

#19 10 years ago

don't worry about it .I think i'll wind up getting a couple from comet and c.t. thanks joe

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/purple-non-ghosting-leds and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.