(Topic ID: 168164)

Pure pinball love (Bally is taking over)

By DEN

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 294 posts
  • 85 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Whysnow
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 142 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20170424_161823 (resized).jpg
20170423_204507 (resized).jpg
853f1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170401_174511578 (resized).jpg
IMG_9997 (resized).JPG
IMG_9996 (resized).JPG
IMG_9995 (resized).JPG
IMG_9994 (resized).JPG
IMG_9993 (resized).JPG
IMG_9992 (resized).JPG
IMG_9991 (resized).JPG
IMG_9990 (resized).JPG
IMG_9989 (resized).JPG
IMG_9988 (resized).JPG
IMG_9987 (resized).JPG
IMG_9986 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dasvis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#69 3 years ago

After restoring a few Gottlieb EM's, with their made in hell "AS" relays & the "AG" relays with the tough to adjust micro throw contacts, I have really started to appreciate the Bally stuff.

The quality of construction on the mid 1970's to early SS Bally pins is the best.
.. Little details, like lock screws on under playfield T-nuts, big, easy to adjust contacts on relays & score reels (on EM's), & NO stupid 40-pin board interconnects on SS's.

#133 3 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Another good Bally classic is Space Invaders. Like other Ballys of this era, a visually stunning game. It's primitive sound effects are representative of the era, and when set up right plays pretty fast for a widebody.

Bally had the most eye catching backglasses in the mid '70's to early '80's for sure.

#167 3 years ago

For only 2,250 Embryon pins made, there sure are a lot of them in peoples collections. I know mine's never leaving.
Was first pin & first Bally - .

#173 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballholder:

Finally landed a Bally

Yet ANOTHER Embryon. They are everywhere!

#187 3 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

2x playfield scoring during multiball has already been done as well as 7 digit scoring for this title.
Have you seen my collection of Ballys? (Hint: click on my collection titles)
Dave (Doc)

+1 - Embryon needs 7-digit scoring. My high on factory 3-ball settings is 4.5 million. I was on fire!

2 months later
#226 3 years ago

BUMP because I love classic Bally pins.

#234 3 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

You call that rain?
We had 1.5" in past 24hrs
and >7 inches in last 7 days.

Sorry i missed that. In Ixtapa, Mexico, it is currently 80 & has been sunny for the last week. Sadly, I am headed back to Salem on Monday

#236 3 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

bring the sun with you
my yard needs drying out.

Best I can do is a sunburn.

3 weeks later
#240 2 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Harlem Globetrotters

Agree.
Good pin, underrated

#247 2 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Xenon looks great, but the gameplay is among the weaker games of that period. To me, geometry and rules are the "main thing" in my decision process to keep or sell a game.
I think Harlem Globetrotters, Paragon, EBD, Flash Gordon, Medusa, Fathom, and Embryon are all spectacular. Lots of other good ones too like Elektra and Centaur but they get more tradeoffy in terms of rules/complexity...

Yes sir, I would take them all!
EBD #1, but I really like the artwork on Centaur-- which is weird, because I hated it back when they were new!

1 month later
#256 2 years ago

Went to Humph's house Friday night... he has MET premium, TWD LE, Ripley's.... all perfect & nice.
........ But we ended up playing an old, worn out Bally Eight ball deluxe that was sitting in a corner awaiting restoration. Had no speech, a broken drop target, & a bunch of burnt out bulbs. The classics are classic for a reason!

Oh yeah, before we started in on EBD, I set the new GRAND CHAMPION score on his MET - 350,771,130

1 month later
#280 2 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Few more pics

Needs more photos.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
$ 17.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dasvis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside