(Topic ID: 168164)

Pure pinball love (Bally is taking over)

By DEN

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D29770B5-90DC-47E3-8DCE-D770C923EA40 (resized).jpeg
AAD61052-8E6B-4253-9F30-E8326EF0B529 (resized).jpeg
20170424_161823 (resized).jpg
20170423_204507 (resized).jpg
853f1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170401_174511578 (resized).jpg
IMG_9997 (resized).JPG
IMG_9996 (resized).JPG
IMG_9995 (resized).JPG
IMG_9994 (resized).JPG
IMG_9993 (resized).JPG
IMG_9992 (resized).JPG
IMG_9991 (resized).JPG
IMG_9990 (resized).JPG
IMG_9989 (resized).JPG
IMG_9988 (resized).JPG
There are 298 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
#201 7 years ago

Is it just me or does it seem like williams from same aera isint as good as bally pins??

#202 7 years ago

I'm totally with you my Paragon was insanely addictive!

ac3e22954b78ec639442f0e7483fc3612adab07f (resized).jpgac3e22954b78ec639442f0e7483fc3612adab07f (resized).jpg

#203 7 years ago

http://vimeo.com/19585210

A sweet and short Bally documentary!

#204 7 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

I've been on the casual pursuit for a Hot Doggin for several years now. Have NOS playfield and Backglass for it.
Just need the game to cross my path at some point.

Are you going to the York show? I got a project Hotdoggin that would be right up your alley! Shoot me a PM if interested in the next day or so before I put it for sale

#205 7 years ago

I may hit it this year. Even if I don't I know a few that are going that could pick it up for me.
PM sent. =)

Quoted from DK:

Are you going to the York show? I got a project Hotdoggin that would be right up your alley! Shoot me a PM if interested in the next day or so before I put it for sale

#206 7 years ago
Quoted from gmkalos:

» Vimeo video
A sweet and short Bally documentary!

I guess that's why "Old Chicago" is a particularly appropriate theme for Bally!

#207 7 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Is it just me or does it seem like williams from same aera isint as good as bally pins??

I think Bally had better looking machines but Williams had more depth to the gameplay. Both made some great machines, hard to choose a favorite.

#208 7 years ago

Great thread! Lots of nice classic Bally collections. Makes me want to work on my slowly progressing Fireball II project. (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fireball-ii-to-turn-a-lucky-garage-find-into-a-living-room-pin)

Speaking of Fireball II, I haven't heard anybody about that specific game in this thread. It is a member of Bally's fantastic '81 line-up though, with great art, speech, multiball and a solid layout... Still, this machine just doesn't seem to get much of a following. Is it because it is difficult to see the game as a stand-alone title, instead of a follow-up to one of the great EMs? Or is it just not that good of a game?

Any thoughts? I will have to play it myself to see what my own opinion is.

#209 7 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

'the black Knight will slay you'

Williams had some hits during the late 70's early 80's, but Bally ruled at this time

#210 7 years ago
Quoted from Jappie:

Is it because it is difficult to see the game as a stand-alone title, instead of a follow-up to one of the great EMs?

Exactly. It's a great multiball Bally SS imo. Also love the artwork. But I'm also very nostalgic attached.

#211 7 years ago

Fireball II is great. Got one up and running a year ago. I love mine.....

#212 7 years ago

A bunch of people are making videos and losing their minds trying to get a chance to pay 15K for a stern. I'm over hear thinking, how many classic Bally's can I get for that.

#213 7 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

A bunch of people are making videos and losing their minds trying to get a chance to pay 15K for a stern. I'm over hear thinking, how many classic Bally's can I get for that.

Not enough....a lot more, but not enough

#214 7 years ago

SBM, now has new playfield and awaiting cab restore.
Xenon, new playfield install in progress.
Kiss, before and after restoration.

LeftSide (resized).jpgLeftSide (resized).jpg

Finished15 (resized).jpgFinished15 (resized).jpg

DSC04652 (resized).JPGDSC04652 (resized).JPG

Dsc04651 (resized).jpgDsc04651 (resized).jpg

#215 7 years ago

That kiss looks kissable

#216 7 years ago

20160917_114137 (resized).jpg20160917_114137 (resized).jpg

#217 7 years ago

Both my ebd and fathom got fully working new bulbs. Fathom is just too dark to play in a dark room. Anybody got any ideas to lit pf up?? Other then LEDs

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#218 7 years ago

More then half of fathoms gi is leds but still too dark to play in an unlit room

#219 7 years ago

I plan on adding some under-acorn post lights under the two for the center bank plastic AND under the two top sling posts. The 12V versions should add quite a bit of light there.

Also, you are missing the two plastics on either side of the flippers and it seems darker there than it should be.

#220 7 years ago

You could add a couple of spotlights (http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1542) on Fathom where the outlane switches attach to the outlane guides.

Seems like there is room there also to run the wires up from under the playfield. This would keep them from blocking the slingshot art while still providing light for the center of the playfield area.

#221 7 years ago

Crap,

thumbnail_IMG_2653 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_2653 (resized).jpg

#222 7 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

More then half of fathoms gi is leds but still too dark to play in an unlit room

Turn the lights on?

rd

#223 7 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Both my ebd and fathom got fully working new bulbs. Fathom is just too dark to play in a dark room. Anybody got any ideas to lit pf up?? Other then LEDs

Glowballs!

#224 7 years ago

You don't want that dim game! I'll take it off your hands for $50 gas money.
Edit: I see you are overseas. I'm afraid I'll need more than $50.

#225 7 years ago

Hahahaha turn the lights on the whole idea is playing in dark room is great experience for me
I can play embryon and ebd in total darkness and its just great. They are well lit from fabric.

Ill try those lights from the link thanks.

Anyone got mirror blades on those old ballys?

2 months later
#226 7 years ago

BUMP because I love classic Bally pins.

#227 7 years ago

I definitely digg the old bally and williams games .. prices are cool .. parts are availible.. the art work . The old arcade sounds .. 67 to 87 seem to be my attraction..

#228 7 years ago

Still wanting a Rolling Stones and a Frontier. Flash Gordon would be a consideration too. These are scarce in this neck of the woods. Needles in a haystack.......

#229 7 years ago

Old Chicago rules
just because i say so.

#230 7 years ago

Have flash gordon and firepower (not a bally but it's just so damn good) got my best friend a vector about a month ago as well. It's early solid state fever. Trust me bally is great but williams and stern are no joke at the time either.

#231 7 years ago

This thread needs more Bally.

And we've got rain!

DSCN5161 (resized).JPGDSCN5161 (resized).JPG

#232 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And we've got rain!

You call that rain?
We had 1.5" in past 24hrs
and >7 inches in last 7 days.

WIN_20161126_17_06_11_Pro (resized).jpgWIN_20161126_17_06_11_Pro (resized).jpg

#233 7 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

You call that rain?

Around here we take what we can get. Good day to put Earthshaker back together and play some Ballys.

#234 7 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

You call that rain?
We had 1.5" in past 24hrs
and >7 inches in last 7 days.

Sorry i missed that. In Ixtapa, Mexico, it is currently 80 & has been sunny for the last week. Sadly, I am headed back to Salem on Monday

#235 7 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

I am headed back to Salem on Monday

bring the sun with you
my yard needs drying out.

#236 7 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

bring the sun with you
my yard needs drying out.

Best I can do is a sunburn.

3 weeks later
#237 7 years ago

Im new to ss early pins. Considering getting a Bally.
Which one do you suggest as a single early 80 pin, among the best but not expensive ones?

#239 7 years ago

Six Million Dollar Man

#240 7 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Harlem Globetrotters

Agree.
Good pin, underrated

#241 7 years ago
Quoted from pinkid:

These are scarce in this neck of the woods.

Which neck of the woods?

#242 7 years ago

What about Xenon, Embryon, Paragon?

#243 7 years ago
Quoted from Luppin:

Which one do you suggest as a single early 80 pin, among the best but not expensive ones?

Paragon by far! Not too tough to find and a great game. Also brutally tough so if you can dig on Paragon then you will like all other Ballys from that era I have found.

#244 7 years ago

No Frontiers or Rolling Stones ever for sale in Alabama. That's my neck of the woods...........

#245 7 years ago

What are people's feelings on Xenon? I have one that I have now restored and it plays perfectly now. I keep getting frustrated with it for some reason lately. Its strange because I am on the Classic Bally bandwagon as well, I have an Embryon and an Eight Ball and a Flash Gordon. FG is much much harder but maybe because I expect it to be I don't mind? Maybe this a phase, Xenon is so cool looking.

#246 7 years ago

Xenon looks great, but the gameplay is among the weaker games of that period. To me, geometry and rules are the "main thing" in my decision process to keep or sell a game.

I think Harlem Globetrotters, Paragon, EBD, Flash Gordon, Medusa, Fathom, and Embryon are all spectacular. Lots of other good ones too like Elektra and Centaur but they get more tradeoffy in terms of rules/complexity...

#247 7 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Xenon looks great, but the gameplay is among the weaker games of that period. To me, geometry and rules are the "main thing" in my decision process to keep or sell a game.
I think Harlem Globetrotters, Paragon, EBD, Flash Gordon, Medusa, Fathom, and Embryon are all spectacular. Lots of other good ones too like Elektra and Centaur but they get more tradeoffy in terms of rules/complexity...

Yes sir, I would take them all!
EBD #1, but I really like the artwork on Centaur-- which is weird, because I hated it back when they were new!

#248 7 years ago
Quoted from pinkid:

No Frontiers or Rolling Stones ever for sale in Alabama. That's my neck of the woods...........

Hope one shows up near you some day.

#249 7 years ago

Frontier is the current favorite at home. Hard to find but maybe the best from the Bally 80s.

When you get the crickets going nuts it is just so much fun!

1 month later
#250 7 years ago

Bally love fading out? Bump for some more Bally talk

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Munster, IN
$ 169.00
$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 82.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Florissant, MO
$ 179.00
$ 69.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 298 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pure-pinball-love-bally-is-taking-over/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.