Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by underlord
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

70967865-BB34-4426-A038-02CB60FDF05D (resized).jpeg

#1 1 year ago

I have a question about purchasing a new machine .
    Should people wait for things to get back to normal with the safety of others in mind before ordering a NIB game ?
    Thanking everyone in advance .

#2 1 year ago
    Quoted from Blue_Devils:

I have a question about purchasing a new machine .
    Should people wait for things to get back to normal with the safety of others in mind before ordering a NIB game ?
    Thanking everyone in advance .

Probably not a good idea in NY or other hotspots, but overall I’m sure the distributor would appreciate the business and shouldn’t be a problem to “socially distance” with the delivery driver. Certainly a lot less exposure than going to the grocery store or pharmacy. Really no different than having Amazon drop off a package.

#4 1 year ago

Don’t delay. We need to keep the economy cooking. Pins can be built, distributed and delivered with socially responsible distancing intact.

#5 1 year ago

Yes, buy me one too. I will PM my address.

#6 1 year ago

I just read that the virus can be contagious on cardboard for 24 hrs, which I didn’t know. So if you do buy, maybe allow a 24 hr cool down and don’t touch the box for a day after it arrives.

#7 1 year ago

Well I'm very cautious of what's going on but ordering a game should be OK. Really the only issue you'll have is with delivery, keeping it in the garage for a day or 2, spraying it down with lysol you'll be good there, but you'll have to interact with the driver i assume, close quarters, singing paperwork etc.

#8 1 year ago

Wear disposable gloves.

#9 1 year ago

Keep it in garage- gloves, wipe it down, wash hands afterward- should be ok.
    This crap is apparently on cardboard for a day or two.

#10 1 year ago

I would buy in a second. Give you something to do and way more risk going to any store.

#11 1 year ago

Do you guys realize how many people have to touch a machine and all its parts to be built?

And you say sure order away, it will help the economy.

Good grief, now is not the time to be bringing anything into your home,including any packages from Amazon.

We are not even at the peak of this mess, at least wait until the go ahead of "it's all clear" is said by the professionals that are tracking this virus.

-Mike

#12 1 year ago

To add to this thought of NIB, just a different point of view...if you were to purchase a used machine you have better odds of no health issues because you are only dealing with that family and household.
    I would still wait it out. Be safe, not sorry.
    -Mike

#13 1 year ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

Do you guys realize how many people have to touch a machine and all its parts to be built?

Yes, but this people touched it longer than a few days before its delivered, in some cases a long time, so the virus won't live that long on inanimate objects. Plus, you won't be touching all the parts those people touched.
    Like I said, your delivery person is the touchy part. I'd be wearing gloves and a mask personally and tell them to stay back.

The fact is we all need to being things into our homes during this, unless we all have food stacked up for a few more months.
    Of course, better safe than sorry is not a bad idea

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

The virus only lasts what, 2-3 days on surfaces?

A pin will take days to arrive at your house. That’s definitely safer than anything you order from a typical online retailer, and significantly safer than literally anything you purchase in a store.

#15 1 year ago

I think once this has mess has gotten the all clear

We will see a some (slight) discounts as manufacturers try to move pins , 1 to generate lost income quickly. 2 to clear space in the warehouse

But this pandemic could last until fall

#16 1 year ago

Go for it. If this keeps up , we might lose our small local vendors. Support local as much as possible at all times, but now especially.

#17 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

The fact is we all need to being things into our homes during this, unless we all have food stacked up for a few more months.

I’ll never look at an LE the same way again.
    70967865-BB34-4426-A038-02CB60FDF05D (resized).jpeg

#18 1 year ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Go for it. If this keeps up , we might lose our small local vendors. Support local as much as possible at all times, but now especially.

Be fiscally responsible.

Do you have kids or family depending on your pay?
    Are you out of debt/have months of savings?
    Is your career long term strong, essential or will make a quick comeback after things cool down?

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside