1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Dooskie
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20171114_100752 (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

Hey guys, I am looking to purchase a machine from the marketplace. I will not be inspecting the machine in person, and having the machine shipped to my location. Can anyone give me any advice? Am I crazy? What is the process for this? IS there any form of security, or do you just send some random joe your money...?

Thanks!

#2 1 year ago

Perhaps another pinsider in that area can check it out for you.

#3 1 year ago
    Quoted from Occelot:

Hey guys, I am looking to purchase a machine from the marketplace. I will not be inspecting the machine in person, and having the machine shipped to my location. Can anyone give me any advice? Am I crazy? What is the process for this? IS there any form of security, or do you just send some random joe your money...?
    Thanks!

Pinside is not eBay. No guarantees. Buy at your own risk.

#4 1 year ago

Maybe the seller can post on eBay, and I buy from there. Would that be safer?

#5 1 year ago

Link us to the ad- maybe its a well known pinsider we can vouch for

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from Occelot:

Maybe the seller can post on eBay, and I buy from there. Would that be safer?

Then you'd have ebay to help a little I suppose. You'll also have to factor in a lot of ebay fees.

#7 1 year ago

Chad, that’s an interesting idea.

#8 1 year ago

Post a link

#10 1 year ago

Read Vid's guide.

#11 1 year ago

Tough call. His history shows 3 pins sold. Very little forum activity.

#12 1 year ago

There is some dialog from the previous purchasers though..

#14 1 year ago

Unless you have a really good idea of what you are doing, it's usually best not to attempt to buy a game that you can't look at in person.

A lot of things can go wrong, and there are a lot of things that could leave you disappointed or unhappy with the deal, at the very least.

If you really want that specific title, try putting up a WTB ad and see if you can find a local seller.

#15 1 year ago

No easy answer here. You can either take the risk or not. Put up a wtb ad and see what happens.

#16 1 year ago

Found 3 pins total from pinside. 2 I drove to AZ for and inspected. 1 I rolled the dice and had a great experience from a big pimpin pinsider in TX. Pm the person and have them provide some other pinside references.

#17 1 year ago

Great ideas guys. Buju, I’m gunna ask about references. If he doesn’t have any then so be it, there will be others. Also going to post a wtb locally.

#18 1 year ago

#19 1 year ago

Any ideas on how to find pinsiders by location?

#20 1 year ago

Can't you pay with paypal and get the same protection as eBay?

#21 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jenniebear:

Can't you pay with paypal and get the same protection as eBay?

A lot of sellers don't like accepting paypal for large amounts since their policies are woefully lopsided in the buyer's direction. Basically, if a buyer opens any sort of dispute, the seller loses almost every time. On top of that, there's the possibility of chargebacks, and a seller could then be out both the money and the game.

#22 1 year ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

A lot of buyers don't like accepting paypal for large amounts since their policies are woefully lopsided in the buyer's direction. Basically, if a buyer opens any sort of dispute, the seller loses almost every time. On top of that, there's the possibility of chargebacks, and a seller could then be out both the money and the game.

Did you mean to say, " A lot of sellers..." ?

#23 1 year ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Did you mean to say, " A lot of sellers..." ?

Yup, fixed.

#24 1 year ago
    Quoted from Occelot:

Any ideas on how to find pinsiders by location?

Hello sir and Happy Thanksgiving.
    I posted my sale add on the Ca for sale thread and had some interest so i delayed add. I have not had time to make an add yet. When i sell on pinside regardless of an add or not, i always donate.
    I have a Who Dunnit for sale. Not to boast my sale, but i always reccomend buying local. Saves shipping expense and unforseen damage.
    Im up in Anaheim, garden grove by Disneyland.
    Im around on Sunday if interested.
    Pm me and i can send tons of pics.

20171114_100752 (resized).jpg

#25 1 year ago

Please send pics. What $ are you offering it at?

#26 1 year ago

There you go, always better to find a local collector.

#27 1 year ago

And Eric is a great guy and seller. Problem solved.

#28 1 year ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

A lot of sellers don't like accepting paypal for large amounts since their policies are woefully lopsided in the buyer's direction. Basically, if a buyer opens any sort of dispute, the seller loses almost every time. On top of that, there's the possibility of chargebacks, and a seller could then be out both the money and the game.

Easy way around that. The seller should have the buyer sign a sales receipt that says "I am buying such-and-such machine, serial number XYZ. It is used. I am buying this as-is. I have inspected the machine and I am happy with the machine. I understand there is no warranty included with this machine."

If a seller has that, he will never lose a PayPal case. It will also hold up in small claims court. And if the buyer is not willing to sign it, move on to the next buyer.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 45.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 209.99
    $ 14.95
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 194.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 221.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Tilted Pinball
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 18,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    www.retroarcade.se
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 259.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 60.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Mods for your pinballs
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Lighting - Backbox
    Lermods
    $ 249.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 26.95
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 18.95
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    German-Pinball-Modular
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside