View topic image gallery

007.JPG
006.JPG
005.JPG
004.JPG
005.JPG
006.JPG

#1 9 years ago

I had a couple EM's a few years ago and I really missed having one. I played more EM's than anything else last year at TPF. Played a few a the Dallas Makerspace a couple weeks ago and knew I needed one. A Sonic Prospector came up at a reasonable price so I made the call. I went up and looked it over on Saturday and made the deal. Chose not to take it home that night as it was raining and we had to take it down a flight of outdoor stairs. Picked it up today. Seller was awesome and helped me break it down, get it down the stairs and loaded up.

As we were going through the process he says that his dad has a Space Odyessy that isn't working and wondered if I'd be interested. We went next door to check it out and made the deal. I am picking that one up next weekend.

Can't wait to get these cleaned up and working. Pics to come. - Barry

#2 9 years ago

Congrats, Barry! Sounds like a good couple finds!

#3 9 years ago

very cool. always a plus to meet friendly sellers who are personable.

#4 9 years ago

Congrats

Enjoy your new game "S"

#5 9 years ago

Congrats on both pins as they are fun ones and I owned both at one time. Just sold my Prospector only because I did not have the room.

I put quite a bit of work into both but the Prospector was the real bear. I had to go through EVERYTHING on that one at least once and the Silver and Gold Bonus Steppers like 4 times as they were all screwed up including tweaked metal parts.

Here is my thread on the Prospector which might help you understand repairing it better. It is basically a Williams so if you need parts they are available.

Just make sure you take care of the Pop Bumper Caps as they are unobtanium.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1977-sonic-prospector-rehabilitation

P.S. If I had to make a choice between one or the other Prospector would win hands down over Space Odyssey. Just loved collecting that Silver Bonus over and over during play and racking up the points with those 2 Spinning Targets.

Have fun with them.

Ken

#6 9 years ago

Both look like fun machines. I hope they treat you well!

#7 9 years ago

I've always heard one leads to two, but in your case it didn't take long!

Congrats!

#8 9 years ago

Congrats! I'm hoping to add an EM to my collection sometime in the near future. My first pin was an EM and I miss having one. Nothing beats a little variety.

#9 9 years ago

Congrats as well! The first games I bought in about 1995 were a Sure Shot and Royal Flush. Sold those a couple years later and got into DMDs. Replaced those EMs over the past 2 years and added a Flip a Card, High Hand and OXO. In serious pursuit of a nice Sing Along right now. Love working on them.

The most recent addition, Flip a Card, really sent me back in time. It had been so long since I played a game with two inch flippers. Really a difference.

May those two produce you a quiver full!

Dan

#10 9 years ago

Here are a few crappy cellphone pics of the Prospector. The playfield and backglass are excellent, the cab has some yellowing but is in good shape considering it's particle board. I need to order a manual and schematics to get started in troubleshooting it. - Barry

006.JPG006.JPG 005.JPG005.JPG 004.JPG004.JPG
#11 9 years ago

Wow looks nice-congrats.

#12 9 years ago

Picked up the Space Odyssey a couple night ago. Overall decent shape. Need cleaning and currently isn't working. So far poked around the head and found a few wires broken off the lugs so I guess I'll start there - Barry

005.JPG005.JPG 006.JPG006.JPG 007.JPG007.JPG
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
Decals
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/purchased-a-couple-today and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.