(Topic ID: 163243)

Purchase regret

By Luppin

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luppin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Which machine do you regret the most buying?

#34 7 years ago
    Quoted from Outlane-Avoider:

The Shadow. Traded a TSPP for this plus cash my way a while back.
    I had never played The Shadow before, so I bought the game without knowing what it was like. Disliked the game from the first ball, and it rapidly ended up being folded up in my garage waiting to be moved on.

Its my fav game. When I got it, I was shocked on how bad it played. It was totally unplayable, and I wondered about all those great things I ve heard before about it, it all really did not make sense. It took few days to set it up properly ( BLACK RUBBERS!!!!, right inclination, few tweaks). Everything changed completely. Set up properly, its the best or one of the best ever.

#35 7 years ago

My regret btw is RFM. Bought it just because I read some nice reviews (now I know what means "funny", " hilarious", and similar stuff regarding a pinball machine!), about the special technology, saw the movie about pin2k, thought it was a cool different idea. Once I saw it at the seller's house, it was an immediate let down. But I drove quite a bit to arrive there and thought to give it a chance. What a terrible idea not to trust my gut! Arrived at home I got bored really at the second game, and after a couple of days I really hated that machine. Thanks goodness its gone.

#38 7 years ago

@ dmbjunky: Same for TZ, it takes months to master all the rules.. But when you know what to do.... Wow!

#53 7 years ago
    Quoted from Manimal:

Every game that I decided needed restored. By the time you replace everything you think it needs, add your LED's, and maybe a mod or two, you end up losing money and giving someone else a really nice game for a really nice price. Just once I would like to be the guy buying the game with all of the work already done...........

and what if you fix, but no led's and mods?
    well, I guess it also depends on how much you pay the non-working machine in the first place..

#77 7 years ago
    Quoted from beefzap:

Dr. Who. The sound just killed it for me. Someone needs to upgrade the sound and I will buy it back.

Love Pinsound !

#78 7 years ago

I've gone back and played this game at pinball shows and in other people's collections. I just cannot get to like this game at all!

just out of curiosity: how skilled are you playing pinball? do you like flow games or stop and go?

#90 7 years ago

I'm more of a "stop and go" person myself. I'd consider myself just an average player. In my fifties now so my reactions aren't as good as they used to be.
    I didn't like how The Shadow played. I didn't like the upper playfield and I couldn't keep the ball up there long. I'm not able to do the multiple loops either. I'm not keen on the translite or the playfield artwork - Anal Challenge anyone??
    Sometimes you just don't get on with a certain game.

I see, TS is actually very fast and mainly a flow game. Especially the loops on the ramps (or the inner loop too!), they are enjoyable but require very precise, super fast timing. Also the mini pf: it's really amazing to play, but you have to get used to how it works, and it's very tense. Then you can keep the ball on (my best is clearing 50 in one attempt). About the translite, now the de facto standard in the TS club is the alternate Aurich translite, which is really beautiful.

#96 7 years ago

when it comes to music tastes, it's such a personal thing.
    with Pinsound you can add the music YOU like, that's pretty cool. I have direct experience as I did it myself for my TZ. I can tell that it's amazing, especially for pins you hate the original music. Beware: it's not enough to use the music you like, but it also has to have an evolving nature fitting a pinball game, and it has to be chosen wisely according to what's going on in a specific moment. That makes creating a good new soundtrack a very difficult task! Hence, much better a pin with a great original soundtrack!

#100 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I used to feel that way, but now i like it. I love the music, and really only the Daleks are annoying - but, they're supposed to be. Sometimes I like that older games sound "of their time"...to me it's interesting to see what the musicians/audio designers came up with despite the technical limitations. The PinSound mods are very cool, though! If you install a PinSound, can you switch between original & new music if you feel like it?

yes, anytime. even during gameplay. you can have as many soundtracks as you wish (limited only by the USB memory). Then you can switch from one soundtarck to another dropping the volume down to zero and up again. then down to zero and up again for the next. and so on...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luppin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/purchase-regret?tu=luppin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.