(Topic ID: 163243)

Purchase regret

By Luppin

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Outlane-Avoider.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 7 years ago

The Shadow. Traded a TSPP for this plus cash my way a while back.

I had never played The Shadow before, so I bought the game without knowing what it was like. Disliked the game from the first ball, and it rapidly ended up being folded up in my garage waiting to be moved on.

#61 7 years ago
    Quoted from Luppin:

Its my fav game. When I got it, I was shocked on how bad it played. It was totally unplayable, and I wondered about all those great things I ve heard before about it, it all really did not make sense. It took few days to set it up properly ( BLACK RUBBERS!!!!, right inclination, few tweaks). Everything changed completely. Set up properly, its the best or one of the best ever.

I've gone back and played this game at pinball shows and in other people's collections. I just cannot get to like this game at all!

#80 7 years ago
    Quoted from Luppin:

just out of curiosity: how skilled are you playing pinball? do you like flow games or stop and go?

I'm more of a "stop and go" person myself. I'd consider myself just an average player. In my fifties now so my reactions aren't as good as they used to be.

I didn't like how The Shadow played. I didn't like the upper playfield and I couldn't keep the ball up there long. I'm not able to do the multiple loops either. I'm not keen on the translite or the playfield artwork - Anal Challenge anyone??

Sometimes you just don't get on with a certain game.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Outlane-Avoider.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/purchase-regret?tu=Outlane-Avoider and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.