(Topic ID: 163243)

Purchase regret

By Luppin

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 170 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 7 years ago

Which machine do you regret the most buying?

#2 7 years ago

The last one.

#3 7 years ago

avengers le, too damn hard...

#4 7 years ago

Uff king rock. ..just worthless.

#5 7 years ago

The first one. If it wasn't for that one, I wouldn't be in the mess I'm in.

#6 7 years ago

Stargate,
    was excited to get it, but never played it before. Multi-ball right off the bat got old fast.
    As well as the call out "shoot the pyramid " over and over again...

#7 7 years ago

Judge Dredd. Everyone said it would be great next to Demo Man. I sold it 2 weeks later for a small loss. It wasn't that I didn't like it, I hated it. It's just about the only pinball machine I actually hate.

#8 7 years ago

terminator 2. The ramps got old fast
    big guns. Too tall to fit in basement.

#9 7 years ago

Atari space riders. Hard to fix. Boring game. Still made a profit!!! (Luckily)

#10 7 years ago
    #12 7 years ago

T3. Disliked it from ball 1. RFM really really wanted one and then the novelty wore off. Never could bond with Stargate.

Regret might be a strong word though. Bought, though blaahhh, resold and bought something more fun.

#13 7 years ago

Escape from the lost World.

I bought it broken and cheap on a whim. Got it working and cleaned up. I figured all machines have good qualities. After playing it for a few hours .
    I was wrong.

1 week later it was sold.

I also was not too fond of judge dredd. It just wasn't a game for me.
    I had that a few months. For me it got old pretty quick.

#14 7 years ago

laserball. Couldn't give it away. $230 fully working and shopped. Took a hit on that one.

#15 7 years ago

Sharkeys Shootout

In a moment of temporary madness I traded my first spidey for a SS + cash and regretted it almost immediately. Worst pinball related decision I ever made.

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from Wamprat:

Sharkeys Shootout
    In a moment of temporary madness I traded my first spidey for a SS + cash and regretted it almost immediately. Worst pinball related decision I ever made.

I'm not even a DMD guy and I just winced

#17 7 years ago

Preparing for the downvotes, but Funhouse.

Problem being I never grew up with it, I just didn't have the nostalgia factor for the game. It lasted about 6 weeks in my gamesroom but spent about 3 months at a show (show only lasted 3 days but the organiser picked it up and dropped off when he could, and I was in no rush to get it back). Not really a deep enough game for me to warrant keeping. Unloaded it as fast as I could when I got it back, luckily managed to trade it +cash for a nice White Water

#18 7 years ago

Black Rose. Couldn't get rid of it fast enough. Seemed like a poor System 11 game in WPC clothing.

#19 7 years ago

Orbitor 1 (Stern, 1982)
    "A game that cannot be played, but rather like watching a toilet bowl flush."

#20 7 years ago

Funhouse, played it quite a bit when I was younger so I thought I'd really enjoy it......not lasted two months and I sold it.

#21 7 years ago

Party Zone, the ramps were an absolute mess...designed poorly.

#22 7 years ago

No regrets, actually. Every game I own I love and every game I've sold I miss.

#23 7 years ago

Safe Cracker. Got bored on day 1.

#24 7 years ago

The Shadow. Traded a TSPP for this plus cash my way a while back.

I had never played The Shadow before, so I bought the game without knowing what it was like. Disliked the game from the first ball, and it rapidly ended up being folded up in my garage waiting to be moved on.

#25 7 years ago
    Quoted from hassanchop:

Safe Cracker. Got bored on day 1.

Please sell it to me!

Joe (joemagiera at Ameritech dot net)
    [email protected]

#26 7 years ago

Years ago I hit "Buy it now" by mistake and got a really clean Partyzone for too much money. I really didn't like it.

#27 7 years ago

Most NIB Sterns. I like em, but lose $ on everyone. Buy used and let the other guy pay the majority of depreciation.

#28 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Uff king rock. ..just worthless.

I disagree, put some of PBR's orange dot coils in the flippers. Makes a huge difference.

--- Though I may be a bit biased, King Kool (two player version) was my first complete restore from a totally dead carcass.
    Learned a lot from that one.

#30 7 years ago

?? Really Odin?
    I know it's not an EM, but MET rocks!

#31 7 years ago

World Cup Soccer, boring game, and too jolly for my taste...
    But the ramps are fun. Still, not a keeper.

Axl

#32 7 years ago

Another vote for Funhouse. Got a good deal, shopped it, and never got into it. Plus, Rudy freaked out my wife. : )

#33 7 years ago

Only regret one...

Predator

#34 7 years ago
    Quoted from Outlane-Avoider:

The Shadow. Traded a TSPP for this plus cash my way a while back.
    I had never played The Shadow before, so I bought the game without knowing what it was like. Disliked the game from the first ball, and it rapidly ended up being folded up in my garage waiting to be moved on.

Its my fav game. When I got it, I was shocked on how bad it played. It was totally unplayable, and I wondered about all those great things I ve heard before about it, it all really did not make sense. It took few days to set it up properly ( BLACK RUBBERS!!!!, right inclination, few tweaks). Everything changed completely. Set up properly, its the best or one of the best ever.

#35 7 years ago

My regret btw is RFM. Bought it just because I read some nice reviews (now I know what means "funny", " hilarious", and similar stuff regarding a pinball machine!), about the special technology, saw the movie about pin2k, thought it was a cool different idea. Once I saw it at the seller's house, it was an immediate let down. But I drove quite a bit to arrive there and thought to give it a chance. What a terrible idea not to trust my gut! Arrived at home I got bored really at the second game, and after a couple of days I really hated that machine. Thanks goodness its gone.

#36 7 years ago
    Quoted from mattbot:

Another vote for Funhouse. Got a good deal, shopped it, and never got into it. Plus, Rudy freaked out my wife. : )

A lot of Lawlor's pins I warm up to slowly. Funhouse and Ripley's were that way for me. I had to play them awhile to figure out what to shoot and where.

#37 7 years ago

Roadshow.... Overrated and very very boring .....

#38 7 years ago

@ dmbjunky: Same for TZ, it takes months to master all the rules.. But when you know what to do.... Wow!

#39 7 years ago

JPOP's RAZA... What the hell was I thinking?

#40 7 years ago

none !
    as before buying (except TRON LE & GB), i'll get a maximum of information, and when its possible i gave it more than few play...

#41 7 years ago

Almost every time i see something like this from O-din, i always hear Wyatt Earp's voice " Doc's no hyprocrite, he just likes to sound like one"

#42 7 years ago

None as well! Some games haven't been my favorite style of gameplay; but every game I've owned has been fun to enjoy (even for a a short while).

#43 7 years ago

Out of the 100+ I've had over the years Big Guns and El Dorado City Of Gold

#44 7 years ago

TWD Premium... Had my best game at the previous owner's house then downhill from there. Fun game but far too frustrating.

#45 7 years ago
    Quoted from Luppin:

@ dmbjunky: Same for TZ, it takes months to master all the rules.. But when you know what to do.... Wow!

Yeah I'm still waiting for TZ to click.

#46 7 years ago

AUSTIN POWERS! Couldn't get rid of it and eventually sold it for $150 less than I paid.

Also wasn't too thrilled with The Getaway. Didn't last very long.

#47 7 years ago

Target Alpha. No way to reset the drops once they're all down, except to drain...

#48 7 years ago

TSPP. Game is a snoozer for me.

TWD Prem. Probably the most overrated Stern on Pinside in past year or two.

#49 7 years ago

I regret buying a B/W Indiana Jones. I got to the guys house after my moving guy and he had it on the van when I got there. When I unloaded the game, I noticed the water damage. The bottom of the cabinet looked like an expanded sponge. Lots of rust on mechs. Lost 1K easy on that one. Live and learn

#50 7 years ago

Every game that I decided needed restored. By the time you replace everything you think it needs, add your LED's, and maybe a mod or two, you end up losing money and giving someone else a really nice game for a really nice price. Just once I would like to be the guy buying the game with all of the work already done...........

There are 170 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/purchase-regret?hl=newbie979 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.