3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 170 posts
  • 121 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by jeffspinballpalace
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 170 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 3 years ago

In chronological order:

Comet, Kings of Steel, New World, Hollywood Heat, Lethal Weapon 3, Fireball Classic, Party Zone.

The only games I've owned that I would never buy again.

Alternatively, I just bought my 3rd High Speed... A title worth owning more than once!

#152 3 years ago

This one's a layup....

80 pins in and out of my home in 7+ years...the one that I regret ever having anything to do with the most was POTC.
    One of those really rare games I didn't originally like...then it grew on me...I acquired...and hated owning within a week.

So much better pinball out there for the same money.

#153 3 years ago
    Quoted from ledge:

i just hated the whole layout, including the oversized too close Wolverine.

Xmen is a mirror image of Tron. Nearly identical layouts.

#154 3 years ago
    Quoted from ejg10532626:

the one that I regret ever having anything to do with the most was POTC.

another pin, i really wanted to like because of the theme. did nothing for me... sold that pretty quick.

its not comin back.

1 week later
    #155 3 years ago

POTC for me too. Once you learn the shots, its gets boring and repetitive fast. Great looking pin though but TOO EASY.

Slugfest - great for two people, boring and terrible for one person.

Avatar - what the heck is going on here? I can never figure it out.

#156 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dbaum88:

Avatar - what the heck is going on here? I can never figure it out.

i can tell you whats going on.... not much.. boring shots, not a lot to shoot at. they could have done so much better with this pin.

#157 3 years ago

X Files. Poor code. No matter how well u play it, you can't get a score above 10 million. My highest ever was 12 million and I had multi ball 3 times on that game. A bad game with early drains is 3-4 million.

Tales from the Crypt is not very good either

1 week later
    #158 2 years ago

I think TFTC its very good

#159 2 years ago

I did have an Arena that I thought was drab but at this point I think I wish I had kept it. Same goes for the Lost in Space I had. I suppose NGG was a regret and I wouldn't search it out to purchase again. It did nothing for me. Thought I would love it.

#160 2 years ago

Nascar. Wow the racetrack was awesome for the first couple of games. Then you realize how much valuable real estate it eats up.

#161 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

Nascar. Wow the racetrack was awesome for the first couple of games. Then you realize how much valuable real estate it eats up.

Huh. I really enjoyed NASCAR while I had it. Fun shots, great rules, nice toys, and the race track was a neat feature that tied into the gameplay well. I did sell it, but that was because of a space issue. I'll probably enjoy having it back in the future at some point. To each their own. At least is a relatively inexpensive game and tends to pop up fairly often.

#162 2 years ago

Wheel of fortune. I was sort of excited to get it and it seemed interesting the first few games, until I realized the code was more broken than a Delorean.
    Was sort of bummed I gave up a Dirty Harry for it with cash, but someone bought it for a fair price when I sold it. The day they took delivery, they themselves listed it for sale the next day.

#163 2 years ago

T3. Shoot here...and here! Ugh.

1 month later
    #164 2 years ago
    Quoted from Cybergoonie:

I felt this way at first too, but the game has grown on me. I like the straight forward progression / advancement rules. I also really like the modes that make you use the gun handle to fire while you are playing (not the backbox cannon). It adds another level of challenge, excitement, and fun as you go for a quick draw here and there and get back to flipping. I thought I would move this game, but for now it's a keeper.

#165 2 years ago
    Quoted from Cybergoonie:

Don't like being told what to do?

#166 2 years ago

Not really any regrets but I didn't like JD much. Funhouse I wanted bad but just didn't excite me at all in a home environment. Lights camera action was the perfect theme for me but hate the gameplay.

#167 2 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

"A game that cannot be played, but rather like watching a toilet bowl flush."

It is a cool looking toilet flush though . I'd get one if I ever found one abandoned and dirt frigging cheap, but I'd have a tough time rationalizing paying collector prices for it. To each their own though. I have some games on my wishlist that people RUN from . Plus I love Millionaire!!!

#168 2 years ago
    Quoted from TomT:

Out of the 100+ I've had over the years Big Guns and El Dorado City Of Gold

I can't argue Big Guns being a dog ... System 11 is my favorite era and all I care to own from that game is a damaged playfield I have for wall art .

El Dorado '85 would be sooooooo much better if it were actually "Target Alpha Future" (or something indicating a remake) with sci-fi artwork and TX-Sector / Robo-war style music/sound effects. I *love* that game's layout & the PF art isn't all that bad, but that City of Gold background "music" & sound effects package is beyond horrible. They ruin an otherwise good game.

#169 2 years ago

CREECH. OMG that pin in the home is intolerable. You see the whole pin in a single game.

#170 2 years ago

Some pins I initially hated and later embraced are below. This is a prime example of why it is important not to judge a book by its cover ... you need to play them in order to develop your personal connection. All are ranked highly by the mainstream and for good reason, it just took me awhile to appreciate them.

TZ - too damn hard for a beginner and lots of stop n go, learned to appreciate game after discovering how smooth and satisfying the shots were and once scores starting rising.

TAF - shot angles seemed off and prevented any good game scores, adjusted flippers and learned the angles and now believe game is a solid classic.

TS - hated oriental theming, eventually saw past the graphics and developed deep appreciation of phurba diverters and upper playfield paddle.

Funhouse - electronic sounds are artificial and cheapen overall experience, have overcome my earworm and love sound effects now. Rudy is Pinball.

IM - out of room and kicking self from the moment of purchase, learned to love the streamlined rules.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 149.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 49.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 16.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    Lighting - Interactive
    TheDudeMods
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 119.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    Lighting - Led
    TheDudeMods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 5,899.99
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 46.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 69.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 1,400.00
    Lighting - Backbox
    Lermods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 229.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 16.00
    $ 209.99
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 159.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Pinball Pimp
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    There are 170 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside