• 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by cwmoraes
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Hi!
I need a purchase orientation!
I know it's a repetitive topic here on the pinside but I havent seen any that answered my doubts. Doubts for a first pinball, of course.
Its time to buy my first machine. And Im in doubt between TMNT Pro, Jurassic Park Premium and a Deadpool Pro.
I chose these themes because they are the ones that I like the most and which I identify with in current machines... But i accept suggestions from other machines...
Unfortunately I couldnt play in any of them. And as I want a new machine, the purchase will be in the dark.
I see that JP is the highest ranking here on Pinside. But the playfield I liked the most was TMNT which is the worst ranked among them. Thinking about fun and a longevity of the machine's value for a future exchange or sale, which one to choose?!
Could someone share the experience!?
Thks!

#2 2 years ago

DP is the best of them. Unique shots, great theme, awesome sounds, great playing game with good rules. Should have great longevity. It is fun, great humor.

#3 2 years ago

You have Pros and a Premium on your list. DP Pro if cost is the issue. JP Premium if cost is not the issue.

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

You have Pros and a Premium on your list. DP Pro if cost is the issue. JP Premium if cost is not the issue.

Exactly! If I decide for JP it will be Premium. The DP and TMNT the Pro I think is already cool.

Thanks

#5 2 years ago

Jurrasic Park premium would be my pick. In fact I have one on order.

#6 2 years ago

All three are great pins. They are also all hard to find, so I’d buy the one that first becomes available to you.

#7 2 years ago

I have all three but they are all premiums so my judgement may be skewed. JP is my favorite as it’s difficult, the toys are awesome and the idea of running around the Park capturing dinosaurs is cool to me. Deadpool is a very close second as it’s sarcastic and funny and feels great when shot. TMNT is brutal. It’s so fast and hard to my playing ability. I like the co-op options but mostly I play alone. Lots of multi balls.

I don’t think you can go wrong with any. Pick the theme you relate to the best and go with it. In today’s market, you will easily recover most of your money back if you decide to trade.

#8 2 years ago

JP is the funnest of the three to me by far, but it also has the weakest theme integration. If you're interested in it specifically because you like the movies, you may be disappointed. DP isn't quite as deep a game but if you're new to pinball I doubt that'll matter much, and its theme integration is top notch.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

JP is the funnest of the three to me by far, but it also has the weakest theme integration. If you're interested in it specifically because you like the movies, you may be disappointed.

This is true. However, the movie code that timlah79 made totally solves this.

See this for details:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project

#10 2 years ago

JP took a long time for me to warm up to. The layout is kinda cool but it definitely feels like “generic dinosaur theme”

DP is a great fun game and the theme integration does make it more fun to shoot.

I think the DP layout is more approachable than the JP layout. You can walk up and play Deadpool and feel great. JP is gonna kick your ass for a while.

#11 2 years ago

First Game... Are you good at Pinball? Turtles and JP are for very good pinball players, otherwise they can be very frustrating. Deadpool is the one a beginner can enjoy.

#12 2 years ago

I've played all three of these games extensively.

If you're looking for longevity then JP is the obvious choice. Multiple ways to play the game with various objectives and ways to score. The premium is nice but honestly the pro is probably better imo. You can save a lot of money, the pro shoots nicer, and there's less work when something goes wrong (I've had to fix the Premium for many weeks). The pro is also a smoother shooter than the premium, and has faster ball speed which makes it more exciting.

TMNT is the best/smoothest shooter of the three imo. There are several modes and a nice array of things you can do, but the scoring is terrible. It's my only complaint. If they ever fix the code in this thing, it could rival some of the better games because the layout is so much fun to shoot. I love hitting the start button on this game, but I'm always disappointed when my "jackpot" is about 25-50% the scoring of other simpler things. I can't believe Stern could mess this up the way they did. I keep hoping that they fix it the way they did with TWD. But still, great shooting game and super fun regardless.

DP Pro is a fun game too, but tbh I don't understand the DP love. I nearly played the whole game in my 10th ever game (or so) and I had no desire to go back to it for the longest time. It has a unique layout and funny quotes and great scoring with satisfying shots, but the longevity isn't there for me. It's a great location and tournament game, but I wouldn't want it as my solo game.

I'd go JP Pro if I were in your shoes and if I narrowed it down to those three titles.

Have fun!

#13 2 years ago

I own all three I would say I prefer Deadpool.

#14 2 years ago

Consider the classic 90s games instead, they are classics for a reason. You will have at least the same amount of fun for a third or half the price of a new (unless you get MM or a similar overpriced game).

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

This is true. However, the movie code that timlah79 made totally solves this.
See this for details:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-jurassic-park-2-custom-code-project

Wow! Amazing! Thanks! JP+1!

#16 2 years ago

Why not a JP Pro

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I've played all three of these games extensively.
If you're looking for longevity then JP is the obvious choice. Multiple ways to play the game with various objectives and ways to score. The premium is nice but honestly the pro is probably better imo. You can save a lot of money, the pro shoots nicer, and there's less work when something goes wrong (I've had to fix the Premium for many weeks). The pro is also a smoother shooter than the premium, and has faster ball speed which makes it more exciting.
TMNT is the best/smoothest shooter of the three imo. There are several modes and a nice array of things you can do, but the scoring is terrible. It's my only complaint. If they ever fix the code in this thing, it could rival some of the better games because the layout is so much fun to shoot. I love hitting the start button on this game, but I'm always disappointed when my "jackpot" is about 25-50% the scoring of other simpler things. I can't believe Stern could mess this up the way they did. I keep hoping that they fix it the way they did with TWD. But still, great shooting game and super fun regardless.
DP Pro is a fun game too, but tbh I don't understand the DP love. I nearly played the whole game in my 10th ever game (or so) and I had no desire to go back to it for the longest time. It has a unique layout and funny quotes and great scoring with satisfying shots, but the longevity isn't there for me. It's a great location and tournament game, but I wouldn't want it as my solo game.
I'd go JP Pro if I were in your shoes and if I narrowed it down to those three titles.
Have fun!

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I have exactly this fear with JP Premium... The problems that might happen... Especially with the T-REX head which is phenomenal toy! But my distributor does not have the PRO.

As for TMNT, I see this. Achieving high score only with Raphael seems to... His combo is 3x and it's unequal to the other characters...

Would you recommend another title of the new machines?

Thx again!

#18 2 years ago

Distributor does not have the PRO. Only the Premium model!

#19 2 years ago

DP pro is most bang for your bucks, it is a really fun and enjoyable game and I enjoy it just as much as JP premium. Those two games are my all time favourites. DP is also easier for family and friends to understand while JP is more complex and harder. TMNT has a great theme but just isn't fun and is a hard game, I traded my for DP pro after 5-6 months of misery .

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

owned em all and I agree with this. Having owned Deadpool premium I would also say the premium is worth the money if possible. Deadpool is a wonderful first pin as its an easier game and straight forward. Jurassic Park premium is incredible and bolted to my floor, but its a more complicated pin.

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from cwmoraes:

Distributor does not have the PRO. Only the Premium model!

Thats surprising as most of us had to wait for our premiums while the pros always seem to be in stock. I've played both and premium was the obvious choice for me.

#22 2 years ago

1. deadpool
2. Jp
3.tmnt
Tmnt and jp very frustrating games if you're new, deadpool is very approachable. I've owned jp prem and deadpool, would like desdpool back again. Zero interest in turtles and jp got clunky feelin to me. Kicked my ass too

#23 2 years ago

The biggest mistake you can make when buying a machine is not putting games on it first - especially if you're trying to decide between a few machines.

The second biggest mistake is using the PinSide top 100 as a gauge for what to buy. I guarantee you that if you were to play and rank games your opinions would not fall in the same rank.

Now for my opinion on the games you listed.

I've owned DP and currently own TMNT.

I thought DP was fun but if you're a better player you might get bored of it. I ended up selling it to my dad so I still have access to it at his house but rarely play it anymore when I'm there. However, if I were an entry-level player this game would be my choice.

I haven't put enough games on JP to give you an opinion.

TMNT is my number one choice. It is extremely brutal though - reminds me of the NES game. If you think theme integration on this game is poor, try this: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tmnt-stern-the-1987-code

#24 2 years ago

For me I like all 3 pins but find JP the most frustrating because shots are tight and I struggle to find them for a while. For me theme is really not important only for the fact that it’s more what’s happening with the ball, sounds and the playfield. I love TMNT and DP though. For me I rank them tmnt, DP then JP. TMNT is my number 2 behind TWDLE.

Why I love TMNTLE it’s a great shooter and so smooth. The code is already great albeit with some quirks that could probably be ironed out. It’s also SUPER quick and brutal and I absolutely love it. The theme is well integrated and it looks and sounds like something in the tmnt universe.

DP Premium I love it for the humour, the layout is different and quite enjoyable. When chiding a pro or premium I went premium because I hated the ball being diverted into the pops EVERY left loop shot, the left loop is super satisfying on the premium. The code by Tanio is awesome! Fighting the other mutants is gun and each is different. I like the quest modes too.

JP I LOVE the trex modes. All of them are awesome. The theatrics of them are off chops. The playfield I find quite frustrating. The O shot is super difficult, the feed from a missed helicopter shot and feed from C shot are average at best. The theatrics with the dinosaur “modes” are quite bland.

Just my 2c

#25 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

The biggest mistake you can make when buying a machine is not putting games on it first - especially if you're trying to decide between a few machines.

Can't stress this enough. If you're chasing games that have already been released, there is no excuse if you don't play it yourself FIRST & decide what YOU like. Rankings & pinsider opinions only go so far. If that means getting in your car & driving a couple hours to find an arcade to play them, so be it. These three titles are everywhere.

If you're looking for excitement, great code & a competitive long term challenge, then JP. If you're looking for laughs & an easy-to-grasp accessible fun pin experience. then DP. I wouldn't even look twice at TMNT tho, that's a hard pass for me. Happy hunting!

#26 2 years ago

Deadpool will be more fun. Without a doubt. Not taking anything away from JP, but Deadpool is a total package game that will appeal to everyone and everyone will have a good time playing, kids and adults. You will not regret it.

#27 2 years ago
Quoted from cwmoraes:

And Im in doubt between TMNT Pro, Jurassic Park Premium and a Deadpool Pro

Buy all of them. Or get one, play it, sell it, and get one of the others. And so on.

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

The second biggest mistake is using the PinSide top 100 as a gauge for what to buy. I guarantee you that if you were to play and rank games your opinions would not fall in the same rank.

Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Can't stress this enough. If you're chasing games that have already been released, there is no excuse if you don't play it yourself FIRST & decide what YOU like. Rankings & pinsider opinions only go so far. If that means getting in your car & driving a couple hours to find an arcade to play them, so be it. These three titles are everywhere.

Exactly! I totally agree with both... Thats what I always do before I buy something. But unfortunately I cant play these games... And of course, I don't take rakings seriously. One of my favorite games isn't even in the top150. But thank you so much for your opinion and advice. I really appreciated it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grindstone, PA
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/purchase-orientation?hl=hypercoaster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.