Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by lpeters82
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Now that POTC is finally about to ship I have a big decision to make. I've had this 10k earmarked for this machine for what feels like an eternity. Played the game a couple times at show and I like it but wonder how it's going to hold up in a home environment, I don't flip games often.

It has me wondering if I should stay the course which is what my gut is telling me or I keep getting these ideas of getting a MMR and and older title or a Metallica premium and something else? Just trying to round out my collection.

Opinions?

#2 5 years ago

Find a place near you that would have one and play it a lot . I think it will have legs down the road, but time will tell.

#3 5 years ago

What Chad said!! But really play it a lot!! Don't know about all JJP games, but a lot of peeps having issues with DI

#4 5 years ago

I think an MMR will get older a lot quicker then Pirates. Pirates has a crazy amount of modes, wizard modes, multiballs, and then there's all of the character abilities. The latest JJP live stream has the code looking really good too.

#5 5 years ago

I own 2 JJP games, 2 Stern, and 2 90's William's. I just added the second JJP game because I think they are the best for a home environment and for families. That is what they were designed for. If I was into POTC, I would add that (but probably used because of cost). Instead, I'll see what comes next. In my opinion JJP = home&family, Stern = fast&location, and William's = classic pinball without the depth of newer stuff. It's just my opinion, but hope that helps. FYI, I feel like I get what I pay for with JJP more than I do with Stern.

#6 5 years ago

New games are always the best thing in the world for the first 6 months to a year. Then over time they start to drop in opinion. When code gets updated they jump up and then fall back down. So, would I drop 10k on a new unproven title from JJP? No, woz was good, hobbit is meh, and pirates is tainted because of the proto vs production changes. It is going to take several years to see how good pirates really is, do you want to gamble your money like that or go buy a proven title?

#7 5 years ago

The first round of owners basically end up being beta testers, so it also might be a good idea to wait until after an update comes out.

#8 5 years ago

If you have the space, for the same money 2 games are almost always better than 1. More variety. Less boredom.

( ...except for the 10 exceptions everyone is going to raise. ha.)

#9 5 years ago

Play it, get a feel for it and do what your gut says. If it says buy two 90’s dmd games instead or blow it all on hookers and coke, do it. Have fun with it, life is short to worry about stuff.

#10 5 years ago

I think you should grab a "cheap" DI, and another 90s game, then, in about a year, sell me the DI and get your POTC all worked out!

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Play it, get a feel for it and do what your gut says. If it says buy two 90’s dmd games instead or blow it all on hookers and coke, do it. Have fun with it, life is short to worry about stuff.

Ahhh, hookers and coke, , , ,

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Now that POTC is finally about to ship I have a big decision to make.

You aren't far from JJP. Go over there, get the factory tour, and play a few games. Decide then.

LTG : )

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Ahhh, hookers and coke, , , ,

Haha...sounds like fun..lol

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You aren't far from JJP. Go over there, get the factory tour, and play a few games. Decide then.
LTG : )

If he does that, he will walk out with 2 or 3 games. I know I would after an experience like that. It's why Disney makes you exit through the gift shop.

#15 5 years ago

I think you'll like MET, but your collection is already quite heavy in Stern titles from the past 10 years. Personally, I'd probably start rotating those spots in your collection. Perhaps pick the one or two your playing the least and bring in something new. I'd go with the MET or MMr plus some cash, but that's totally up to you. As you can see by my collection, I like machines from a variety of eras: EM, early SS, DMD, and LCD.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 64.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 12.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/purchase-advice?hl=crile1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.