5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20181011-094128 (resized).png

#1 5 years ago

As you can tell by the name, you can see where my skill set is when it comes to pins. I've been reading and researching for a long time on my own, but it's still complicated stuff (for me anyways)

I recently picked up a Raven pin, and I want to retheme it into a Punisher pinball. I'm keeping an 80s vibe to it as you can see in the translite I made and attached to this post. The artwork is easy, but I would like to update the sound. However, I can't seem to find a definitive answer...is there a plug and play MOD to change the sound for #gottlieb 80b systems?
I saw this: @applejuice
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-sound-speech-and-music-for-gottlieb-80b-and-system-3-oh-go-o
But I'm unable to reply since I'm new/and it cost money. Is there something out there that I might not know about to help with sound? Something that would only require a noob skill set, or perhaps someone that can make a mod on commission?

Screenshot_20181011-094128 (resized).pngScreenshot_20181011-094128 (resized).png

#2 5 years ago

Bump

#3 5 years ago

Second Bump

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from Noob:

is there a plug and play MOD to change the sound for #gottlieb 80b systems?

Not currently, no.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Not currently, no.

Ah..dang it. Well regardless, ty for the reply.

#6 5 years ago

Re: the sound, just keep following that applejuice thread. Sounds like he's working on exactly what you'd want for your project, which is pretty lucky in this tiny hobby!

Re: the playfield, are you planning a total retheme? If you went with more of a Jim Lee era Jungle Punisher on the translite you could probably get away with just printing a cling-vinyl or mylar replacement for the center of the playfield, leaving the inserts clear. Then replace that crappy-looking chopper and you're good to go.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Re: the sound, just keep following @applejuice's thread. Sounds like he's working on exactly what you'd want for your project, which is pretty lucky in this tiny hobby!
Re: the playfield, are you planning a total retheme? If you went with more of a Jim Lee era Jungle Punisher on the translite you could probably get away with just printing a cling-vinyl or mylar replacement for the center of the playfield, leaving the inserts clear. Then replace that crappy-looking chopper and you're good to go.

Someone who knows comics AND pinball???!!! You're my new best friend haha.

I strongly considered doing a jungle era Punisher theme, but I've been looking at a lot of 80s Punisher Mike Zack art that I really like. I may still incorporate some of the jungle theme if I can do it without feeling like I'm forcing it in the "blown city" look.

I'm thinking a complete overhaul of a new playfield look with some added toys. The chopper I would prefer to replace, but I'm not sure with what. A spinning rotor on the plain helicopter seems like it would be an easy MOD. I have considered changing it to a minigun from a batmobile that I own.

I tried looking up an answer to this question but couldn't find anything on it...but can some toys be interchangeable with other pins? Any that are known to match same voltage/connections? It would be awesome if someone made an animated toy-mod that can plug-n-play into a light socket.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Re: the sound, just keep following that applejuice thread. Sounds like he's working on exactly what you'd want for your project, which is pretty lucky in this tiny hobby!

Quoted from ForceFlow:

Not currently, no.

Quoted from Noob:

As you can tell by the name, you can see where my skill set is when it comes to pins. I've been reading and researching for a long time on my own, but it's still complicated stuff (for me anyways)
I recently picked up a #Raven pin, and I want to retheme it into a Punisher pinball. I'm keeping an 80s vibe to it as you can see in the translite I made and attached to this post. The artwork is easy, but I would like to update the sound. However, I can't seem to find a definitive answer...is there a plug and play MOD to change the sound for #gottlieb 80b systems?
I saw this: applejuice
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-sound-speech-and-music-for-gottlieb-80b-and-system-3-oh-go-o
But I'm unable to reply since I'm new/and it cost money. Is there something out there that I might not know about to help with sound? Something that would only require a noob skill set, or perhaps someone that can make a mod on commission?
[quoted image]

Just to jump in here and explain, yes I am creating a new 80b sound board, yes it will run custom sound files should you want to and will help you to organise them into useful categories and channels to maintain the original feel. The main purpose of the project is for original sound board replacement but the design uses wav files and sd card storage so you can replace them with anything you like

As for the status of the project I have prototypes here that I am tweaking along with improving the audio quality and removing noise. The project runs alongside many others and I'm super busy with everything I make so i don't have a release date yet for it. Be sure though that 80b tech is a passion of mine. See more of my stuff at myPinballs.com

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Smithfield, RI
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Warrington, PENNSYLVANIA
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/punisher-raven-retheme and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.