Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by ashermau5
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I thought this machine was rare and pricey. Modern Pinball has one for a crazy price of $25k. So why is there one on Ebay for BIN @ $2k?

ebay.com link: Punchy the Clown Redemption Mini Pinball

#2 9 years ago

2013 price guide has it for $1800ish.
looks to be in pretty sweet condition. 100 made.
I think it's very colorful and unique and probably not a bad price if you were semi local to OH.

#3 9 years ago

Every game at modern pinball has a crazy price except games that you can still get NIB.

#4 9 years ago

First time I've seen one for sale.

#5 9 years ago

Thumbs up for Punchy!

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

I thought this machine was rare and pricey. Modern Pinball has one for a crazy price of $25k. So why is there one on Ebay for BIN @ $2k?

Geez! This is a 15 year old RGP joke that won't go away.

Why are collectors still falling for this?

#7 9 years ago

That is a stupid price - if you have to have it - i guess

#8 9 years ago

If my kids were still young I may go for it at $2k to have some fun and try to hook (indoctrinate) them on pinball.

I'm a free market capitalist, but would still feel guilty about taking some well-off, Manhattan sucker for $25k. When I saw the listing and remembered Modern Pinball had one, I Googled Punchy and Modern Pinball and this article was the first to come up.

http://amusingthezillion.com/2013/12/06/rare-25k-punchy-the-clown-game-makes-a-comeback/

#9 9 years ago

Saw one locally a few years ago. Didn't know much about it, looked it over, my reaction was basically, "Meh, who cares." Doesn't matter if they made 100 or 100k of them, I wouldn't be interested at any price.

#10 9 years ago

I want to own one someday but not that bad and maybe won't ever get to try on if prices have reached that range

#11 9 years ago

God I hate clowns... $2k? Maybe $200...Its just redemption

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

I'm a free market capitalist, but would still feel guilty about taking some well-off, Manhattan sucker for $25k.

I think the games are priced to not sell on purpose.

#13 9 years ago

I have a friend who has one, and there is no way I would ever pay 2000 for that game. Maybe 100 bucks tops. Its just not that great to me.

Remember, rare doesn't always mean valuable (or fun!)

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

Every game at modern pinball has a crazy price except games that you can still get NIB.

Yep. If they priced their machines normally, then the machines would actually sell. Then they'd have no machines. Then they'd make no money at the door. Then they'd have to change their name to Modern Empty Room. And who the hell would wanna go there???

#15 9 years ago

Would actually be curious to hear if they are selling any machines.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Geez! This is a 15 year old RGP joke that won't go away.
Why are collectors still falling for this?

Gag also perpetuated by the Mullet Crew, who rated it an 11 out of a possible 10:

http://www.pinballreviews.com/prev.htm

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from NM:

Gag also perpetuated by the Mullet Crew, who rated it an 11 out of a possible 10:

I was trying to find that site from back in the day but couldn't remember the name. Thanks for posting that. Just by the way it's written you can tell they were joking.

#18 9 years ago

Punchy is an ok game. I have played it many times. I wouldn't want to own one as it's more of a novelty than anything. I have seen quite a few for sale in the $700 to $1100 range. I wouldn't pay that unless you have a big collection and just want something rare/unique or you are buying it for the kids.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from NM:

Why would they cancel Punchy 2K?!?

6 months later
#20 9 years ago

possibly going to buy one if anyones interested in buying im selling it asap thx

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/punchy-the-clown-rare and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.