IMG_0222 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240315_182941_Adobe Acrobat (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0217 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0218 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2161 NO TOPPERS FOR SE OWNERS Posted by ifpapinball (1 year ago)

Post #3174 Cabinet size comparison to Sterm Posted by NeilMcRae (1 year ago)

Post #3205 Topper Height Posted by docquest (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thekaiser82.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#333 1 year ago

Personally I don’t need to have video assets. Give me a fast game, amazing callouts and music from the movie, and a solid art package and I am set.

#685 1 year ago

Thiel on sound!!!!!!!

2 weeks later
#3640 12 months ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Am I the only one who is counting 16 segments? Which is very cool, but maybe the flyer needs updating? Or am I crazy. [quoted image][quoted image]

17 if you count the comma as a segment? Regardless, not 13!

3 weeks later
#3956 11 months ago

Repost from the CCr thread.

Pinside_forum_7550877_3365560 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7550877_3365560 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#4069 10 months ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

We use the 1's digit for this.
If you hit 10,000,000 you'll see that last "0" turn into a twinkling "1", so 10,457,850 would be displayed as 457,851 (with the "1" twinkling all the time).
I'm not actually sure what happens at 100,000,000 points, but my best score over the last 3 years is 32,000,000 so it's not something I'm incredibly worried about happening.

Karl just said, “Hold my beer.”

1 month later
#4327 9 months ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Wishful thinking.
I guess its nice to be able to take time to fix and tweak before we get them.
Anyone in the DFW area have one on location?? I am jonesing to play it.

Pretty sure the only one on location is Enterium in the Chicagoland area.

#4346 9 months ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Did they really leave out the topper in the LE spec list ??

No. What you see here is a screen shot from a PowerPoint presentation Butch Peel gives. He has it so each bullet pops up as he talks about it and there is more than what is here. See attached photo.

IMG_3736 (resized).jpegIMG_3736 (resized).jpeg
3 months later
#4817 6 months ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Is there only one? I thought there was going to be several of them there this weekend.

I was at the show today. There are two there.

4 months later
#5955 57 days ago

Why is there always a race to start a club thread. Is there a special place in heaven for whomever has the most club threads?

#5994 56 days ago

Now this is how you write a manual. Butch crushes it as expected.

https://www.chicago-gaming.com/manuals/PFP_16_MANUAL.pdf

#6015 55 days ago
Quoted from Bundy:

Hands down the best manual I have ever seen. The attention to detail is beyond comparison and it is very clear and structured, well done!
Yes it comes printed with the game.

Yeah every game will get a printed in color manual regardless of the game version. Such a nice touch from CGC.

#6094 55 days ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Jeff Tiolis (sp?), on his podcast with Martin Robbins, talked about how competitors at INDISC approached Pulp Fiction in the Finals of the Open portion of the tournament. Since Karl and his team streamed the Open, I assumed I could see what Jeff was talking about, but I can't find the coverage. I thought I found the 2024 Open Finals on YouTube, but PF wasn't in the bank. Who in this thread has seen competitive gameplay of Pulp Fiction? Jeff said players were timing out modes, one after another.

His take was surprisingly brutal. My take as a non competitive player is that it is a ton of fun. Played it three shows and loved every minute of it.

1 week later
#6267 42 days ago
Quoted from Grantman:

I just want to say how great it is that reps from CGC and Raw Thrills are participating in these threads, and legendary audio engineer David Thiel is also responding to questions about the game. Awesome!

Totally agree. That is why I was so surprised to see the pitch forks come out so quickly. David is a great guy and I am grateful he participates in pinside threads.

#6301 41 days ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

this is probably a podcast.... a very brief history - I have no idea when the first speaker was put in a pinball cabinet. From an audio point of view, sticking a mid-range driver, pointing down, blocked by the body of the pin, generally behind a 50% acoustically opaque metal screen is not optimum if your goal is to hear the signal.
very few pinballs have a LFE (low frequency enhancer) subwoofer, in the cabinet (with the exception of Scott Danesi). a real subwoofer reinforces the 50 - 250 hz signals. This would make sense for the location of the driver in a pinball. Very few systems have a sufficient driver, a filter that keeps the > 250 hz signal or an amp that would make a LFE in a pinball cabinet. Usually it is a 5 - 6 speaker that was designed for mid-range reproduction getting the entire signal, a mono version of the stereo.
15 years ago when I became aware of the hooking up an external SubWoofer to the pin trend I added a quality LFE to my dev system so that I knew what I was doing down there (in case it actually got reproduced). Members of Team Alien were big fans of the low stuff and the Heighway system was surprisingly full range with a legitimate filtered mono signal going to a good driver and I took special care to have good stuff going on down there.
in a zero sum game where the BOM is limited I would choose full bandwidth audio over stereo every time for pinball. Of course, I want both and fight for that when I have some input at the appropriate time.
Here is a tip for all of you that have a pre-AC-DC Stern pins. Look underneath your cabinet. If your cabinet speaker is struggling to push audio out through 1/2 inch curved grooves mod it. Unmount the speaker. Make a hole. Put the metal screen back (if you must) and then enjoy 6 db more output from your cabinet speaker. But you didn't hear this from me.
ddt

Would love to see you do more audio tech podcasts with Jason WildRover - the one you did recently was awesome. I could have listened to hours more of content like that.

1 week later
#6496 31 days ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

This is driving me crazy. There are a few lines I don’t remember from the movie, all seem to be coming from a director. “We’re losing light people!”and a few others. Were they in the movie? I don’t mind watching again for the 1000x time, but truly cannot remember hearing them previously…

I think I heard Mark Ritchie voices the director in the game for custom callouts.

#6498 31 days ago

Ha. No, I don’t think you are going crazy!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Romeoville, IL
$ 210.00
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thekaiser82.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pulp-fiction-hype-thread-?tu=thekaiser82 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.