200w (12).gif
dc0aba7ce7e4c1b48559e4f43cf3c2ea.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
20240418_122418 (resized).jpg
20240418_122338 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2161 NO TOPPERS FOR SE OWNERS Posted by ifpapinball (1 year ago)

Post #3174 Cabinet size comparison to Sterm Posted by NeilMcRae (1 year ago)

Post #3205 Topper Height Posted by docquest (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kool1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#445 1 year ago

I absolutely love it.

So cool!

#461 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Whats the bet those topper figures are going to be attached to 180 degree servos - so they do the twist!

Oh man I hope so!!

#712 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Pleased to see the SE keeps all the playfield sculpts! I don't have room for toppers.

YES!

I hate that Stern deletes them on the Pro.

#769 1 year ago

When is delivery on these??

#883 1 year ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

LE is sold out from Pinball Star!

Go hard on the FOMO

#1153 1 year ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

I’m in! Ordered an SE. Glad I’m not a topper guy, saved myself $1500.

If I don't get my LE I will grab an SE for sure.

Quoted from allsportdvd:

e LE worth the extra 3K? It comes down to the value of the topper - what did the CCR toppers sell for on their own?

I think so but I won't die without it either. Game is cool either way.

Quoted from frobozz:

I think the art fits the target era perfectly, if you compare it to the right games. For instance... (credit to ipdb)
[quoted image][quoted image]

Absolutely. I played a lot of these kind of games in the early 80's and the nostalgia combined with the modern gameplay and rules have hit my hard. Game may be the surprise hit of 2023!

#1173 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Now the biggest problem with the game is CGCs ability to manufacture it in a timely manner.

The big issue with CCr was topper parts.

The SE buyers had their games in reasonable time.

#1230 1 year ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

I can't believe this thing sold out with FF and TGF announced the same month. Looks like LW3 to me. I am glad some of you guys are happy, I am happy that I don't have to find ANOTHER 10k and space in my house. I will drop a few quarters in one, but I really think modern pinball is better than 80s pinball (no matter the theme, or rules)

I have 4 Sterns and I love them but I think every game room needs something different. I miss the simplicity of older games - the modern retro is totally hitting the mark for me.

Quoted from swampfire:

Pinside 2013: “Stern needs an LCD if they want to catch up with JJP!”
Pinside 2023: “Hey Stern, Pulp Fiction proves we don’t need an LCD!”
(Channeling my inner CrazyLevi)

LCDs are very overrated. I only look at them if I have to when playing. I actually don't like JJP giant screens at all. Give me a mirror!

#1294 1 year ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

I think having QT's guidance on the game is the key. He didn't want it to be a modern-style pin. He is all about retro and the 1970's and this pin really fits that theme well.
They are marketing this game to someone who has a 5+ title collection IMHO.
From what I can see, this game blows away Bond 60th for a boutique title in almost all regards.
Great job to all involved. Hopefully someday and LE will land in my collection.

Absolutely. Would love to see a Jackie Brown follow up. The era had a great vibe!

Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Nice to see real quality coming back.
Mirrored backglass.
Silk screened playfield - wow.
Metal apron.
Good quality speakers.

YES! I wish CGC had Stern like capacity. They could seriously compete head on!

#1371 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

In for an LE from Automated! Sounds like I grabbed the last one. It also sounds like the SEs will ship before the LE. Hopefully I won’t be waiting until late 2024

Where did you see the SE's ship first?

#1398 1 year ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:Good point. Lots of distributors still sitting on machines listed at $17500 and no takers. Bond 60th is a joke.

Quoted from bigd1979:

I wouldn't say it was a joke but it was just way way overpriced in my opinion for what you get

Bond 60 wasn't made for the pinball community, it was made for wealthy Bond collectors.

They will all sell out eventually.

#1612 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Wait, holy crap, I didn't load the rules PDF because I usually don't care much about reading reams of text months before I play a game, but they illustrated it??

Refreshing!!!!!!

Other companies can learn from this. Sometimes I read Stern deeper rules and just give up.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Might as well face it, you’re addicted to Ramps.

I have been wanting something different for a while now. I actually liked the Elwin Bond but not affordable. This game looks like the perfect fit and I LOVE the movie.

#1630 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I was also thinking about Godfather pin and how they made it onto a pin inspired by the movie but not really a Godfather pin.
With Pulp it seem a lot more like a pinball recreation of the movie and for me that’s what really tipped me into buying Pulp.
Also the songs as well as the dialogue used as assists. I woke up with the dance contest song playing in my head.

Also $15,000 for a GF CE vs. $9500 for a PF LE. Both have amazing toppers also.

I like GF but I think PF will be more fun, with a better theme and looks better for way less money!

#1699 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Pulp Fiction is a great theme few are better.But to compare a GF CE to a PF LE is not fair.Maybe compare PFLE to GF LE?$9500 to $12000 would be more fair
It is a better theme but the artwork is hands down Godfather.
Right now we’re in the pink cloud faze of analyzing GF.There is a shit ton more programming and BOM in Godfather.That being said I get how cool PF is .It’s my favorite movie of all time and I love Tarentino

I dunno - Pretty swanky topper on the Pulp Fiction LE and compares well with the GF CE less the ugly cabinet bling.

GF has the nice Franchi art but I'm not so sure about a "shit ton more" in the BOM. Outside of the RGB light strips there is nothing extra.

Personally I think JJP is pricing too many people out of their pins with the $12/15K model they have adopted.

#1862 1 year ago
Quoted from AlanJ:

My UK order is in, but my first job will be to adapt my Colour Classics Score displays to work in PF (See thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-stern-ss-s-introducing-colourclassic-score-displays)

That could be very interesting!

Quoted from staceyflip:

Poor man’s Godfather? All in baby!

This looks way more fun than Godfather and so does Foo.

Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Rewatching the cult classic the old fashioned way.
PS: The fact that my wife's FOMO for the LE was WAAAAAAY over the top just made it even more sweeter.[quoted image]

Nice!!! I need to find my PF DVD. It's in a box somewhere.

#2120 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

$9500 seems very competitive in 2023. Especially for a title like PF..

It is. That's why LE sold out in a day or two.

Good product for a fair price sells.

#2441 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

45 new posts....I thought maybe Sam Jackson was going to appear as a hologram out of the game and be like "Play Again Muthrfuckr!"

The hype on this game is real !!

#2483 1 year ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I’m about to rewatch on blu ray. I have only seen on vhs before.
Bonnie situation!

Anyone is Canada - $10.99. Ordered today.

https://www.amazon.ca/Pulp-Fiction-Pulpeuse-Bilingual-Blu-ray/dp/B005GNU5PG/ref=asc_df_B005GNU5PG/

#2653 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

I hope you mean Christmas 2024. 2 christmases have past for the majority of us waiting on CCRLE with no end in site. It does seem like production has been increasing in the last month or so.

I think CCr will be done in the summer.

#2846 1 year ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I have a Royale w/ Cheese box from Europe that someone brought back to me in 1995. It would make a good replacement for the burger for those that don’t dig it. I can’t find a readily available pic of the era-specific design. It was a cardboard clamshell with Le Royale written kind of all over it. I’ll keep digging, or go find it at my parents’ place and take a pic and post down the line.
Maybe someone can make a mod down the line.

I remember going to McDonalds in France - it was awesome as they served beer also. Royale mod would be great.

Quoted from Concretehardt:

I’m trying to get screen grabs from the videos posted of this game lit up, somebody grab somebody grab some pics of this thing turned on [quoted image][quoted image]

I am so sad I could not get to Texas. Just too much happening at work right now to get away... Game looks stunning!

#2899 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Keep an eye out on the video as I recorded 4K but YouTube is shockingly slow at processing it.

Thanks for posting. Excited to see anything.

#2954 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

CGC seems to be getting the CCr LE’s out quicker now. I could see an October release if they keep cranking em out. Cmon CGC, kick some ass!!

They will definitely be done this summer

#3255 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I think the price on GF is the biggest deterrent. I have dozens of local collector friends and there are maybe one or two that are even in the market to spend $12-$15K on a pin for home. Everyone I've spoke with that has played the game really liked it but just think it's too much money to spend on a single game. Because of that I think people get more excited for games like FF and PF which are more affordable. If GFLE were priced at $9500 I would probably buy one, at $12K there's not a chance.

$12,000 is too much for GFLE. I love JJP quality and their games are decent but they have decided on a very premium price structure that ensures that most people won't consider their games. Further - the resale on their recent games GNR and TS4 ensures you as a customer take a substantial loss down the road.

#3264 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Bullshit , that's what they said about The Hobbit and Pirates.

Look at the secondary.

Could change but unlikely for GNR since they market is flooded with them.

#3317 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Time will tell how the prices will pan out but I don't know why people expect a pin to go up in value while it's in stock and available nib .

If you can hold on for years anything can happen but if you aren't loving your GNR or TS4 machine after 2-3 years you are going to take a substantial $$ hit. Every distributor is stuck with inventory on these 2 games. GF will almost certainly be the same so just need to be sure you love it for along time.

#3378 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Maybe , maybe not but I don't care , I buy games because I like them , not to make money on them .

Same but if I know I can wait 6 months and buy used for $3K less, why rush into it..

Quoted from Blackice:

Any updates on MM remake?

Rumor was this year but I can't see it now.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

No one will ever be able to produce as much as stern, and they are behind too.
The second line should help CGC though. We shall see.

CGC could sell thousands of MM, CC and AFM remakes alone if they had capacity.

#3452 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Well here is a real screen shot of me, helpful so its not a surprise to anyone how wrong you are about everything else you write.
[quoted image]

You guys made me laugh out loud this morning!

Quoted from NeilMcRae:

JJP quality?! Look there is a lot of humour on this thread but JJP quality is probably the funniest joke so far! With thousands of games in the field with fucked playfields, fucked lightboards, fucked stage lights and broken diverters how can you even use the words JJP and quality in the same sentence.
FWIW I played Godfather more than any other game at TPF because other than Queen; (pinball brothers must have been crying in their beer after TPF and queen is a shockingly bad game); it was the easiest game to get on, the hype was far from JJPs stand. It’s a shame in many respects; Godfather is a good layout and shoots ok, Eric has adapted to JJPs underwhelming mechanical platform by keeping ramps flat and being as close to a single level game as one can be and with JJPs better but still weak flippers it shoots well. The sad part of the game is understanding it with a million things flashing, a screen that has the same info as an engineering screen on the bridge of the USS Titan and a game that first presents the players but not just one menu for the mode but two menus including a skill shot menu - WTF?! NO pinball machine should offer a menu. I can’t help think if Elwin did the rules for GF how much better the game would be! There is little new in the typically Keefer out ruleset, mode stack multiball, get multipler, cash out.
Regards,
Neil.

Fair. I'm no big JJP fan but I played a couple of nice ones on the weekend (WOZ and Wonka) and so they left a good impression on me. A lot of guys are saying it's a game of progression you need to experience at home, we shall see. I hope to try out a GF sometime this spring.

#3481 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Been running metric here since '66
[quoted image]
https://mcdonalds.com.au/menu/quarter-pounder%C2%AE

Canada is metric but everyone measures in pounds and feet. Oddly - distances are in KMs because of the road signs LOL.

It's highly ridiculous.

Thankful for Quarter Pounders with cheese.

2 weeks later
#3798 1 year ago
Quoted from Bundy:

It never seizes to amaze me how often I see people struggling to start a game or hitting a manual plunger instead of pulling it.

As mostly 40 and 50 year old men we take for granted people know what a pinball machine is and how to play. So many people who grew up in the 2000's never saw one anywhere so it's probably not that surprising.

I assume now that most people under 30 have likely never played or seen a pin.

#3841 1 year ago
Quoted from ZNET:

It might surprise you to know how many of us are over 60. We were a lucky pinball generation for sure. As teenagers in 1972, we played EMs upon release like Bally Fireball, dubbed by Playboy magazine as the greatest pinball machine of all time.
A few years later, in 1976, we were flipping phenomenol machines like Bally Old Chicago and Gottlieb Strange World in 1978. The seventies was THE decade of pinball. Arguably, the seventies is the vibe sought by Tarantino in the Pulp Fiction film.
This Pulp Fiction retro pinball design very much speaks to us old-timers.

Absolutely true - good point.

I'm 53 and a lot of those single level EMs were around in the late 70s and early 80s. I played a lot of them when I was a kid.

1 week later
#3957 12 months ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Repost from the CCr thread.
[quoted image]

I will definitely tune in. Thanks!

#4029 12 months ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Stream was awesome, the game looked fantastic, topper or no topper either way I think this pin is a huge success... 3rd QTR cannot get here fast enough.

That's the big rub on this game. It's totally ready and code looks pretty flushed out and they can't build it.

#4051 11 months ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Waited more than a year on MM royal and CCR LE>. That's why I haven't been too sad about not getting an LE. When a year goes by, and the game still isn't being unboxed, I suspect there will be some opportunities to buy.

If I had the money I would make an offer to partner into CGC and blow up their business.

A bigger facility with expanded capacity > they could easily become the #2 pinball company just making awesome high quality remake runs and innovative games like PF.

Even an SE will be an awesome game. I didn't order one but I may grab one when they become available. You are right though, by the time these come there could be a new shiny object of desire.

#4059 11 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

They added a second line and are rolling.
LTG : )

They did but that hasn't moved PF production up. I meant further boosts to production. GCG could run thousands of MM, AFM and MB a year and sell them no problem.

1 month later
#4386 9 months ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

No surprises there. Most folks will be waiting until Spring 2024 to get their game. Certainly will be worth the wait though and as we all know CGC builds are generally worth the wait...

Sadly no - people kept saying fall but unless they built in a massive expansion in capacity it was never happening.

3 months later
#5005 6 months ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Played some at Expo.
Better than I was hoping for
Was happy to see that all the machines they brought worked.(for the entire show and there was always a small line)
Unlike American pinball machines which were step up get bored and walk away with 2 balls left.
I'll just wait now for Pulp to ship.
Fun Game!

I agree. Game was very fun and it forces you to nudge a lot more (unless you like short games) which I like.

I may buy one next year. Certainly on my top 3 shopping list.

#5024 6 months ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Knappnarcade just posted the first production test game rolled off . Parts being ordered to start . Will take some time to arrive and start building games but they are ready and beginning the process .

Excellent news.

First time playing at Expo. I put in about 10-12 games, absolutely love it. It's a winner and it's priced right.

3 months later
#5712 3 months ago

If you believe Kaneda - No LEs till the summer now - June.

Painful if true.

#5718 3 months ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Is the order of things still DBV, then a good batch of SE, then all the LE and then back to SE? Isn’t that the information we’ve been going on?

Quoted from SimplePin:

Is he giving a reason? Something similar happened with CCr if I remember correctly.

He said this week on FB stream email to distributor. 500 SE coming up first but not LEs till June.

Take it with a grain of sale but it's bad if true.

#5746 89 days ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

I was out in London for work and stopped by the EAG expo. To my surprise that had a Pulp Fiction to play. Game was a blast and cant wait to get it in my collection whenever that is. I asked the people working there and they said CGC is going to build the first 500 games as SE's and then switch over to LE's later in the year. Has anyone else heard this?

See above - your comments align with what Kaneda was saying. LEs will be a while still and summer sounds likely.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Francisco, CA
7,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
Wanted
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kool1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pulp-fiction-hype-thread-?tu=kool1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.