200w (12).gif
dc0aba7ce7e4c1b48559e4f43cf3c2ea.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
20240418_122418 (resized).jpg
20240418_122338 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2161 NO TOPPERS FOR SE OWNERS Posted by ifpapinball (1 year ago)

Post #3174 Cabinet size comparison to Sterm Posted by NeilMcRae (1 year ago)

Post #3205 Topper Height Posted by docquest (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#217 1 year ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Single level no ramps would be a massive bummer for me. It just doesn't fit with the era of the film. This should be 90s pinball, not an EM.

Pulp Fiction was released in '94 but I wouldn't really say it was set in the 90s. If Tarantino had decided to include a pin in the movie there's no way he'd have gone with Demolition Man or World Cup Soccer. A late 70s/early 80s pin would have fit the mood better.

#236 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It absolutely takes place in the 90's. Tarantino has a 70's aesthetic, but the movie absolutely takes place in the 90's.

Or does it?

https://www.reddit.com/r/FanTheories/comments/43hytg/the_year_pulp_fiction_took_place/

#240 1 year ago
Quoted from Darscot:

That is an NSX not a time travelling Delorian.

So you say, but what about the Fruit Brute breakfast cereal???

#571 1 year ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I think many of us are still holding on to hope, I know I am. The sound could still save it but it is not the direction I wanted.

Were you hoping for a 90s DMD or a modern LED full-video screen? (Not that you'll be getting either at this point but couldn't tell from your posts).

#740 1 year ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

I wonder why the matrix said SE and LE only option for something? Future plans or misprint?

There's a version ("SED") with a Dollar Bill Validator ready coin door (a more modern black door) for operators. The "SE" is the same price and just has the retro chrome coin door. Both cost $7999.

#745 1 year ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

I admit that I'm pretty thin-skinned about starting a thread, given how much some pinsiders attack.

Let's get this guy!

#751 1 year ago

This looks pretty sweet. A little pricey for my taste but that's modern pinball for you. I definitely look forward to playing on route though, and who knows what the future may hold.

I will say I was a little surprised to see Tarantino's character front and center on the "character select" portion of the playfield, until I read this on CGC's website:
Pulp Fiction is a retro-inspired full-featured modern pinball machine. Developed at the request of Quentin Tarantino who wanted an 1980’s style Pulp Fiction themed pinball machine for his home. Tarantino’s continued involvement throughout the project shaped the final game.

#765 1 year ago
Quoted from starfighter:

I did not see Marcellus on the playfield. Did I miss him somewhere?

He would have looked perfect in the spot where they've got Tarantino's whiney house-husband. Which is a head-scratcher until you read this was born as a custom game for Tarantino ...

#768 1 year ago
Quoted from MrVern:

At some point you have to tell the boss that they should not be so (Channeling my inner SLJ) MF'N full of themselves LOL

Sure, though it's kind of cool to think you're playing a game that was made to Tarantino's specs as opposed to some lawyers at Disney or whatever.

#851 1 year ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

Especially with there being no sign of Bruce Willis (Butch) or Ving Rhames (Marcellus) on the playfield.

You could imagine Bruce Willis having different image/likeness rights than the rest of the cast. You'd have to think Ving Rhames would get the same deal as the others, but maybe they had to negotiate with each of them individually and Ving let pride fuck with him.

#890 1 year ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

Especially with there being no sign of Bruce Willis (Butch)

Quoted from VGC1612:

Hes there, next to the Burger Drop Target

Making it even funnier that Jimmy is one of the five playable characters when they could have had Butch. When I think of Pulp Fiction, "Zed's dead, baby" springs to mind a minute before "I don't need you to tell me how fucking good my coffee is, okay? I'm the one who buys it."

But again, if the game was custom-made for Tarantino you could see why he'd want to be in it. And why not? He's doing the baby thing now, it'll give him something to brag about when they get old enough to play it.

#894 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Lots of grey hair in that group.

Quoted from daudioguy:

that would be experience.......

I'm sure Iceman's got a hair guy he could hook you up with!

#912 1 year ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

LE is sold out from Pinball Star!

Quoted from PinStalker:

How many min passed before it was... SOLD OUT!!!!

Do they do allotments for different distributors? Or does this mean the LEs are 100% sold out?

#1325 1 year ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Josh are you still planning on running MMr this year? I only ask because this game may alter some peoples plans for not only space but also funds and it would be good to know if they need to make arrangements for an incoming MMr that you guys said your were going to run in 2023.

Does Josh work for CGC? Or does he work for Play Mechanix which is contracting out to CGC to produce this game? If the later he probably wouldn't have details on CGC's overall production plans.

#1352 1 year ago
Quoted from misterschu:

So, again, why is it a "royale with cheese" sculpt and not a "big kahuna burger" sculpt?

A bigger mystery than the NSX / cell phones / Fruit Brute timeline pardox.

#1416 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The landscape for alternate stuff has changed. Used to be more underground, we could get away with more. Now I'd expect anyone who wants to take this one would get a polite cease and desist letter. Too much spotlight, too much money and concerns about IP.

Yeah, you could still make an alt translite (not a backglass of course) for your own use but not something you could reasonably expect to get away with selling.

#1602 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

While talking about code, I've wondered if this game will receive any updates or just come with final code at release. Given a CEO did the programming, and they already have the full rules sheet out, I suspect its going to come with final code and we shouldn't expect any future updates.

Do any games come with "final code" on release these days? They might not be adding modes or making major changes, but seems unlikely they won't have a patch or two to fix errors / scoring imbalances.

#1607 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Is the film very popular in other countries?

I'd bet Tarantino films are popular throughout Europe. And a number of Aussie Pinsiders seem interested in the PF game at least, if not the movie.

#1679 1 year ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

what if they are callouts from Samuel Jackson or someone else in the movie

They could do it but voices change over 30 years. You'd need to do some sound manipulation to get Sam Jackson 2023 to sound the same as Sam Jackson 1994.

What if they got Tarantino to do the callouts? Haven't listened to an interview with him in a while but I'd guess his voice is just as grating today as it was in 1994. Of course they'd really be leaning into the LW3 comparisons at that point.

#1808 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

All of the criticism of GF here is not needed to enjoy PF. I suspect I’ll be playing my GF long after folks have gotten bored with PF?

Is the criticism of PF needed to enjoy your GF order?

#1950 1 year ago
Quoted from surfnrg:

It's not the topper..it's the resale value when you want to move the game out for something else.

Seems like rank speculation on a game you won’t have in hand for months+. Buy the LE for what it is if you want it, but assuming you’ll come out ahead financially vs the SE is questionable.

#1957 1 year ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Robert Rodriguez. Although QT was in the film and they collab on stuff.

Yeah, Tarantino's acting really "shines" next to Clooney in that one. I'm sure he's having fun but he belongs behind the camera.

#2062 1 year ago
Quoted from schudel5:

So who do you think will end up with LE number 666 or 420? Any other 3 digit number significant in the movie?

Haven't watched PF in a while but I don't remember a 420 joke. Or did you just mean it was popular with stoners?

As for 666, if Tarantino started this by asking for a personalized pin you have to imagine he's first in line.

#2134 1 year ago

Welcome to the jungle.

#2480 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

So, did Marcellus sell his soul to get Mia? Explains why he threw a brother out a 4th story window.
And I think the gun on the counter was Vince's piece, since he didn't seem to have one on his person whilst on the shitter.

I never pieced together that Marcellus was going to / returning to Butch's apartment when they "ran into each other" on the street, and I'll definitely look for that next time I watch. But it always made sense to me that Vincent left his gun on the counter while he used the john, heroin dulled his edge and it cost him.

#2486 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

PF made me want to do H one day.

Seems like a good experience to save for your deathbed.

#2540 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I don’t know how old you are but disco was just getting ready to kick into high gear and that’s where the nookie was.

Please tell us you still have that hair ...

#2600 1 year ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

Great catch! We actually caught that in time for production so it'll be spelled correctly.
We had some bets going in the office if anyone was going to catch it from the promo video . . . time to cash those bets out! Good eye!

Seems like something Tarantino might never have noticed with his unique approach to spelling, but nice to have it corrected for the rest of us nerds!

#3183 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

So i put in one of the best movies ever made, the one that Tarantino wishes he'd made.

I really hope you mean Badlands and not Interview With The Vampire …

#3323 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Bullying people and telling them their view is not welcome if they don't agree with the majority is like being in a cubby house with ten year old's making up the rules. This is much different than some troll who says the game is shit because their favourite company made a 'better' one.

No idea what a cubby house is but I'm with this guy.

4 months later
#4579 8 months ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

or the Bad Mother F*^cker wallet keychain.

Only cool if it’s life-sized!

#4588 8 months ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

OK I'm done being pissed at Stern. Back to being excited for Pulp!

Creepy! Who is the busty kangaroo meant to represent?

#4594 8 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Have you seen the movie ?

Touche - hopefully I'd have picked up on it if he had the watch in place!

3 weeks later
#4680 7 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

As far as i understood the story he rejected a playfield that had the other guy on it. The story never said he rejected it BECAUSE it had the other guy on it. Maybe he just didn't like that style and the new art just happened not to have the other actor on it is how i read it all along.

And maybe he wanted his own face front-and-center. Who can say?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Trade
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

8,399 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Francisco, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pulp-fiction-hype-thread-?tu=fosaisu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.