IMG_2915 (resized).jpg
IMG_1608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1594 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3525 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3519 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2161 NO TOPPERS FOR SE OWNERS Posted by ifpapinball (1 year ago)

Post #3174 Cabinet size comparison to Sterm Posted by NeilMcRae (1 year ago)

Post #3205 Topper Height Posted by docquest (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Our_Man_in_Oz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#971 1 year ago

The whole Tarantino insistance on a retro design has kind of ruined it for me as top 5 personal fav theme. I do really like the art and it definitely shows up just how average Bond 60th is.

#1442 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

As usual the game is announced in the middle of the night over here and then it's off to work in the morning .
After watching the STDM featurette , the game looks fucking amazing !
You can tell a lot of love has gone into this game .
I can't buy one , because I'm banned for life from the distributor here
So I will stick with my GF CE which I also think will be great .
Congrats on anyone getting this , I think you will love it .

If you really did want one, there is an alt route via the States that's pretty easy. I'm currently doing the math after seeing the local pricing isn't lining up with say Stern's does to local dist pricing.

#1758 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

That is awesome. I hope you bring in plenty. Good luck!

I'm not bring a bunch of them them in. I was speaking as in individual thing. I organised an LE yesterday, just hoping the GMG didn't mislead me about still having LE slots available.

1 week later
#3106 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

I've bought a Fathom Mermaid and a Celts in the last year or so. Been after a TNA too.
And this thing is 19k au.

Quoted from cooked71:

The SE is a$15.9 - comparable to a Stern Premium.
Yeh, there’s TNA, Celts and Fathom which are more niche unlicensed themes (TNA is one of my favorite games btw - owned it twice and a new one on the way).

If it was through AMD it would be closer to $15K. It's just our CGC distrib costs more here unfortunately.

I ended doing my own thing for a CE.

1 week later
#3725 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

I didn't know.
I mean i saw it on wish lists along with a hundred other titles. But i didn't know it was coming.

Time to start listening to some pinball podcasts. All the titles from last month were talked about well in advance across a few of them.

#3727 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Can't get through the first minute of some guy raving about his opinions.
Fuck, i have a sheet over my TV and haven't watched TV for 5 years.
[quoted image]

In that case, can't really help you. I find it a good way to pass time driving to Sydney etc. Be it Pinball or other podcasts. I guess you wouldn't be into Home Theatre like I am in that case either lol. No point talking about the recent Roger Sharpe movie hey

#3730 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Pretty sure i watched that movie on the net a month or two back after someone linked it here.
Used to be into home theatre back when i was into movies and tv, Klipsh speakers etc as you can see.
But no, it's spotify and books all day, triple J if i'm in the car. Podcasts aren't my thing.
But i don't need help, it's all the people who still rave about what happened in their fav TV series, even after i tell them i don't watch TV that need help
It's like they just can't process the fact, or they think i mean i don't watch much tv....
And all those people who listen to that kaneda bloke and actually pay to do it. Just can't get that idol worshiping famous person/ceelbrity shit.
Sports/movie stars...fuck, they are just people. I can talk to people at the shops or the pub.

Fair enough. I jumped into podcasts during covid and kind of never looked back. Broke the mold of TripleJ always on in the car and generally disliking the music nowadays and even being a bit over Spotify despite having an interest in music label (which now makes a footy podcast). Also spent too many years in media, so TV isn't going to fade away for me any time soon in terms of viewing. I don't mind old Kaneda, definitely tend to be on the same page as most of his takes on pinball and certain enjoying hearing the rumours in a nice concise show format. Celebrity worship, yeah no thanks though, you can keep all that shit for sure...

5 months later
#4758 7 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

AFM is a better game on the same playfield. Just saying.

As Old El Paso says

MM is the ONE game I've never let out of my collection in one form or another since early 1999. The only thing I did was decide to good condition, but not mint, original for an MMr. Then when AFMr came along I got one of those as well after years of regret selling my owned since NIB original AFM a year or so after getting it.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
3 months later
#5571 3 months ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Wow a laser disk, isn't the resolution terrible on those?

yeah mine can stay in storage with the rest of my laserdiscs, I'll pop in the crisp 4K remastered bluray as the LD would look awful on my laser 4K projector setup. Reminds me I still haven't watch the full 4K disc since I got it, only had a quick look.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Wanted
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Francisco, CA
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Romeoville, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Our_Man_in_Oz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pulp-fiction-hype-thread-?tu=Our_Man_in_Oz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.