pasted_image (resized).png
20240418_122418 (resized).jpg
20240418_122338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1636 (resized).jpeg
20240409_134125 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2161 NO TOPPERS FOR SE OWNERS Posted by ifpapinball (1 year ago)

Post #3174 Cabinet size comparison to Sterm Posted by NeilMcRae (1 year ago)

Post #3205 Topper Height Posted by docquest (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider John_I.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#115 1 year ago

I'm in and on the list already. I love this movie and have seen it twice as many times as the Godfather (which is saying something). PF is definitely a WAY better theme for pinball when it comes to adult and gangster themes. So much humor and so many great lines. I don't even know where to start.

Mark Ritchie? Yes!! IJ is still one of my top 5 games ever and I know he has been working on this theme for many years.

CGC? Yes!! Quality builds. One thing that pops into my mind is the recent rumors of TZ coming from CGC. Maybe if they are tooling up for that, Pulp Fiction will be a wide body Superpin? Be still my heart.

#134 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If it's single level without ramps like the rumors said that's definitely going to be true for a bunch of people, but that idea gets me hyped up personally, I hope it's true.

Dang that is a curve ball. On the other hand, I love single level games. Going in with open mind and hoping for something that does justice to the theme.

#295 1 year ago

How many years has the rumor of a Mark Ritchie Pulp Fiction been floating around? I found 6 year old posts on Pinside, so at least that long. Would be hard to imagine such a talented playfield designer wouldn't have something great at this point.

#298 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

modern DMD game!

I've been assuming it would have the larger DMD that CGC uses rather than a standard LCD. So no high def movie footage.

#303 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I’m ok with street level. Not ok with no video + $10,000 price tag.

To me it's the audio assets that are the real key to this game. I want the real lines from the real movie and the real actors or I'm basically out.

#509 1 year ago

I'm not sure why they went with the 1980 Bally/Stern cabinet and display style for a movie from the 1990's? That said, I love this era of machine. It really looks great and depending on the sounds and gameplay, I could picture being in on it. I've been on the list for a while, but I could always back out. The price better stay low though. Not like there is an army of people like it takes to build a game with modern LCD display or the BOM of a normal modern game.

#621 1 year ago

Ugh. Just noticed the mirror blades. I suppose that is easy enough to remedy, but still another check in the "cons" column for my decision.

#909 1 year ago

I'm in for an LE. To me LE is a no brainer when choosing between the two. Apparently the demand is huge, so I'm glad I've been on the list for a while and have known the distributor for years... The game is scheduled to ship in the "Fall".

#924 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don’t want to break the topper moving the game a few times a year to shows and tournaments. I don’t want to scratch the mirror blades when I need to get into the game on the fly out and about. I went SE.

Quoted from UNCgump:

Can't wait to see the art blades that get made as mods

I HATE mirror blades, so I'll be looking to replace them with art blades asap and put the mirror blades in storage for when I eventually sell it. This game is unique enough that it might be years before it leaves here though.

#1084 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Eeeew, didnt see that. Pet hate. My first mod - removing it.

I don't like center posts either, but they work on the old Bally/Stern games. I got to love the center post in my Meteor. Hopefully this one will allow the roll and bounce to the opposite flipper like Meteor did. Give it a try before you pull it.

#1408 1 year ago

Wow. There is a ton of buzz about this game. To me all of the other games announced recently, just took a step down and PF is at the top of the podium. Tons of podcasts buzzing already even though I don't listen to any. I've been on the phone with friends since the announcement and everyone is stoked and saying that the LEs basically sold out in record time. The idea that this game is so cool, so different and PULP FICTION makes it stand out as special to the typical NIB buyer (including me). This is not another cookie cutter game from Stern or Spooky. I can already tell this is going to be a keeper and people who I'm talking with are just as excited. I plan on putting it at the end of the row, so it stands out. When I challenge people to a game, I'll be sure to let them know that "I’m gonna get medieval on your ass".

8 months later
#5302 4 months ago
Quoted from chad:

Good products, but horrible production timing for sure.
I really hope these get out fast and the next release doesn't take literal years.

I'd rather have them made right than fast. PF BMFLE is my first CGC game and unless there is some day a WH2Or, it could be my last for a long time.

#5357 4 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I always thought CGC was a strange partner since they are by far the worst in the industry at getting games out the door.

Haggis called and they want to have a word with you.

2 months later
#6416 62 days ago

Ugh. I forgot that the LE's came with mirror blades. Hopefully by the time the LE's are being made somebody comes out with decent art blades to replace them with.

#6423 62 days ago
Quoted from AssaultSuit:

If you can get them off cleanly I'm sure there's someone with an SE who would by LE mirror blades.

I'll hold onto them for whoever eventually buys the game from me.

#6458 60 days ago
Quoted from docquest:

If you look at page 2-114 if the manual, you'll see the 4 key fob plastics that come with the game.
[quoted image]

8gzve0 (resized).jpg8gzve0 (resized).jpg
#6548 56 days ago

There is no comparing CGC to Haggis. None. Not even in the same ballpark to quote Jules. Haggis is literally one guy in a room building machines for Peter with money collected from Paul. From what I can tell he was producing a game or two a week before the recent email saying he is going to reduce the production rate! Seriously? You are lucky to see a picture of two Fathoms at the same time. Never has there been anything close to the glorious pictures of dozens of PF seen recently in this thread. They sold somewhere around 270 Fathoms and we are talking thousands of PF.

I know for a fact that I will receive my PF LE. It might be a few months later than I was hoping, but better a little late than never. I also expect it in a timely manner once I make the full payment. For now I just have a deposit. To get my Fathom unfortunately might require an investment from good old Wayno to keep Haggis from going to the auction house. If I do get my Fathom it won't be a little late; it will be a LOT LATE AFTER FULL PAYMENT and not just a deposit.

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Romeoville, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

8,399 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider John_I.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pulp-fiction-hype-thread-?tu=John_I and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.