pasted_image (resized).png
20240418_122418 (resized).jpg
20240418_122338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1636 (resized).jpeg
20240409_134125 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2161 NO TOPPERS FOR SE OWNERS Posted by ifpapinball (1 year ago)

Post #3174 Cabinet size comparison to Sterm Posted by NeilMcRae (1 year ago)

Post #3205 Topper Height Posted by docquest (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Beechwood.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#155 1 year ago

GF, FF, SD, JB60...$50,000

PF... Priceless!

#191 1 year ago

"Does it have adult mode?"

"Yes, but in France, they call it ' Le Mode Royale'."

#210 1 year ago

Wallet multiball would be cool. Get the wallet back (jackpot) and SLJ says "Bad Motherfucker".

So much to work with in this one.

#237 1 year ago
Quoted from surfnrg:

Thanks to everyone who sent me the photo...
even if that's the actual game... I'm getting one. It will sit next to tbl

Can you make the photo your avatar? Thanks in advance

#245 1 year ago

It's common knowledge that pulp fiction was set in 1994. It had many throw backs placed for nostalgia reasons, just like pinball in 2023 has James bond 60th, God Father 50th, and Scooby Doo 1969.

#264 1 year ago

All I'm going to say is this... If they miss on pulp fiction, I'm done with new releases. There is no excuse with this theme. Period.

#301 1 year ago
Quoted from Rezdog:

Tomorrow be like …..
[quoted image]
We happy?

Looks like I'm gonna start smoking again. Hope the pin has an ash tray .

#307 1 year ago

Pin Gulp on one side and a Pin Puff on the other

#316 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

If that leaked blurry image is indeed PF, what a failure and waste of a good theme.

But it's got a Royale with cheese!

#331 1 year ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Get the license and let the experts build it… that’s a recipe for success.

That didn't work out so well for TS4.

#349 1 year ago

Single level old school pin that shoots great and plays to the theme should not be over $6995.

But the theory of relativity is strong in pinball.

#401 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

And you don’t need to push and push and push for information from someone that just saw a small cell phone screen from 5 feet away. Just be patient and you’ll have tons more information than I could ever give you in less than a day.
Spoiler alert, that blurry photo you saw was the game.

Do you happen to know when they plan on showing the pin?

#410 1 year ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Suddenly I’m less excited for this reveal.

I believe there is more to that photo than meets the blurry eye.

#413 1 year ago
Quoted from VGC1612:

GTF vs PF pricing will be the game changer on which one to buy for a lot of people.

Yup. $12-$15k GTFO

$6-$9k, you got my attention.

$9-$12K, you better be fuking amazing and I will consider it.

#416 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think we can kiss under 7k NIB games goodbye forever

shhhhhhhhhhhh.......

#425 1 year ago

Uh oh... there's a topper.

$10K plus

#429 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

For the LE. Hoping for under 8k for the standard.

Have to say I am digging the four player backglass.

#435 1 year ago

Like the retro coin door with start button. Memories!

#460 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:

Whats the bet those topper figures are going to be attached to 180 degree servos - so they do the twist!

Awe, shit. There's another grand...

#475 1 year ago

I am good with no video IF it has great music and callouts. Sounds and sayings trigger my memories and I basically can see the scene in my head but I can still concentrate on the ball. BUT.. the price must reflect the cost savings of no screen/clips or I am out.

#551 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:People are delusional if they believe a modern built licensed theme at 6-7k is happening today.
Stern pros are rock bottom and they can do so based on mass production scale.

I am not saying it will happen. I am only saying if it is over $6999.99 I am out no matter what.

#555 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You’re definitely out then. Won’t be 7k.

I can get an CCrSE for $7k. Should be able to do that with PF as well.

Please, don't burst my bubble. Let me have hope for a few days until the truth comes out. I will need time to grieve. Love this theme.

#568 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Your talking used/second hand correct?

Sorry. $7999. But with all the ramps DMD toys etc you would think (hope) PF could... COULD possibly be $6999

#783 1 year ago

Ok ok ok.

I said I was out over $6999... But

IF the sounds and call outs are great and IF the shots are fun and IF the code is challenging but not 45 minutes deep... And IF IT HAS MOMENTS, real moments when you achieve something hard you really feel rewarded and there's music and call outs and a light show to SCREAM to you "THAT'S A MOMENT"... then I'm in.

I feel genuine pinball moments are lacking and Pulp Fiction is dripping with possibilities, I hope the pin has some too.

#801 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Lol, never change, pinside.

A grand more is palatable. The $2500 increase in EHOH was not. I cancelled her. So I'm $1500 ahead!

#818 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

so your going to be a guinea pig ?

Lol... Yes.

But I will not buy before I play it. There's enough of those here that will and if I like it I will buy it from them at a discount $$$

#963 1 year ago
Quoted from MegaFeenix:

So… I ended up going LE cause I really want the speaker grill and I’m hoping the promotional banner is cool. Lmao

The only reason I would go LE is that topper. It's pretty Fucking cool. Godfather was before my time, but this sucker is right in my wheelhouse. And I'm 53.

#1233 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

if Williams followed Gottlieb's lead and made a street level pin during that WPC super-pin era...

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's funny that the "Street Level" Line was such a disaster for Gottlieb,

You guys must hate puppies...

#1304 1 year ago

While it is interesting that this retro style seems to be capturing peoples fancy, I will say without the Pulp Fiction theme, I would give few shits. I am seriously considering selling a few games to fund this one. While I think it is a bit overpriced, most everything in pinball (and the world) is these days.

401K's are overrated anyway.

#1396 1 year ago

I am going to sit back and wait because I know for a fact LE's will be available between now and it's release. Pin addicts will be snatching up every new shiny machine in the next 9 months to a year and they will sell their spot. No worries.

One thing I said this pin needed was MOMENTS. Funny that the next day the SDTM piece came out and revealed they said multiple times they were going for MOMENTS in the game. Bravo, I'm sure I will get one. Eventually. It looks very fun without all those complex rules and stacking and blah blah blah. I want a fun fast game. Again, bravo.

That being said, I really would love an alternative back glass (ahem Aurich ) I'm not hating on the original, but the redundancy of the dance scene doesn't work for me. And like Aurich said, the art could be done in a way that better conveys the movies feel. Let it be written, let it be done.

It's going to be a long wait, but I'm really looking forward to the release being a shorter wait than the 5 years that the watch was up Butch's dad's ass.

#1414 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Since the topper is 3D and animates, the redundancy isn't so bad! I think it conveys the movies feel just fine...certainly better than the first attempt that QT didn't like.

I agree, it's fine

I want amazing

#1422 1 year ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Me trying to get a PF LE.
[quoted image]

Patience. They will be available

#1430 1 year ago
Quoted from gjm:

I agree but is it not just luck of the draw in picking and telling the distributor who "might" have a cancellation you want one?

9 months to a year before they are made, minimum. People will drop out and many will be available over this time span. It happens every release, and this one is extended time before production.

#1441 1 year ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

I finally decided to catch up to 1994 and watch Pulp Fiction today since it was on Prime. Interesting, sort of different, but I see why many wanted a PF pin.

I had to watch it 3 times before I really appreciated the depth of it. Not gonna lie, didn't really get it the first time (I was 24, maybe not paying attention)

#1446 1 year ago
Quoted from MegaFeenix:

Not to rock the boat too much with this but… why does Uma Thurman have so much titty in this art?

Not sure what your definition of "titty" is but this ain't much. Have you played Halloween?

#1466 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

Seems weird for them to go with such a retro aesthetic for a pin based on a movie from 95. Why not make it feel like a 90's pin?

If you lived through the early 90's. There was newer tech but we didn't have money and everything mainstream was 10 years behind. So in reality, we were living with early 80's tech in the ninety's. Everything was behind.

#1538 1 year ago
Quoted from surfnrg:

It's a $9500 plus shipping vanity art piece. It'll be fun to play comparable to a flash gordon, or a black Knight. What did people see in the sdtm video that I missed? It's not like there is a basement lower playfield with a gimp and zed to bang a pair of balls ball into. There's pop bumpers, spinners and drop targets on a single level playfield. There's not a lot you can do with that. And yes, they totally dropped the ball gag on not having a lower playfield.

Sometimes I enjoy playing a nice, relatively short game of "payday" with the family instead of a 3 hour in-depth game of monopoly.

Fun is fun, not always based on depth or complexity.

#1547 1 year ago
Quoted from MegaFeenix:

Don’t worry about a child friendly mode, by the time you get your game they will be old enough.

Maybe by that time our children will have children... mode needed.

#1663 1 year ago

R E L A X

After we see a stream or two, there will be LE's spots that will be put up for sale. It happens every release, because there are some that are disappointed that the game play doesn't match what they had imagined. Too slow, too many brick shots, too floaty, not enough moments etc etc etc.

Then there will be many that won't have the space/funds or have a life changing event, or had to buy the newest FOMO pin, so they will sell their spot in the next 9-12 months.

Patience will pay off. I am counting on it as I really REALLY want an LE but I have to play it first and I doubt I will before Expo. I am confident I will find one then if I still want one.

#1691 1 year ago
Quoted from CursedFrogurt:

Deposits are in for both this one and Godfather, both CEs. Can I afford it? I cannot. Do I have credit? I do. So these represent two of the films my fiancée and I love the most? They (along with my Halloween pin) cover our top three pretty flawlessly.

I love the passion, but if you cannot afford it then using credit makes it even MORE unaffordable. Be careful of this addiction they call pinball. Glad you and your fiancee are happy though!

#1726 1 year ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Anyone want to take a crack at some new drop target decals for Pulp Fiction?
Seems to make sense that one would be the gimp, one the dirty cop, and the other the pawn shop owner.
Thoughts?
[quoted image]

One should be the gimp, one should be Willie Dynamite, and one should be Lt. Dan

#1734 1 year ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

I dont get it…

I'll give it more time. Pinside detectives will figure it out.

#1753 1 year ago

I just hope the LE's ship with the shaker motor. Maybe they will take a page from Stern and just save a few bucks by having the buyer install them for free.

As if the $20k wasn't enough of a slap in the dick...

#1787 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

One should be the gimp, one should be Willie Dynamite, and one should be Lt. Dan

One should be the gimp.

One should be the pimp.

One should be the one with a limp.

#1899 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Sorry for reposting, i realized i posted this bit in the wrong thread....
I´ve been contemplating one thing from the sdtm video......
It´s really a question for the makers, but i think maybe it can be disqussed here aswell, also apologees for sluggish english.
Here it comes.....
Slash got engaged in jjp in the making of the gnr game. He seem really genuine in interest in pinball and pinball development, which can be a potential very important friend for jjp going forward. Great for pinball!
In the video, for a bit it seemed as Mr Tarantino was on the verge of also getting more involved.
For example he and his team offered to help with the cab design art.
Seems to me from the video, that they turned down the offer, saying they would manage make a great looking cab in line with his wishes.
Could this taken another more interesting turn?
Having one of hollywoods greatest directors maybe ever engaged directly in pinball design?

He approved the art and thought the backglass nailed what he wanted

#2091 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

If Doug or anyone at CGC are reading these at least give us the clock at 4:20 PLEASE and I don't even toke!!!

No one would ever play the pin and there would be Cheeto bags and crumbs everywhere.

Is that what you want?

#2096 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Too many LE wanted ads to compete with - raising the stakes.

Machine - Wanted

Wanted: Pulp Fiction (Bad Mother Flipper LE) + $1,000,000

New ad!

Wanted! - “I want this frickin' game!”

1 hour ago

Evil Lair, VA
(1,802 mi)

Tuna_Delight

Wanted

Not flaming on you, I know you just desperately want this pin. But you realize this encourages the "flippers for profit". The exact thing we've been condemning for years.

#2321 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

We’ll see. They’ve made a bad game & a remake I don’t care about. On them to woo me…and to change their stupid name.

I agree, dumbest Fucking name for a pinball company.

Beautiful Fucking remake though. It's a trade off.

#2323 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I mean, was Tripe Pinball taken? Entrails Pinball? Chopped Liver Pinball? Something more specifically Australian would have been cooler. Ute Pinball, I dunno lol

I wonder what they call haggis in Paris?

#2336 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

No no, ball gag.

C'mon, who here doesn't already own a ball gag.

#2439 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

You don't play the theme either, so that's not important.

Ummm, yes. You absolutely play the theme. That is the whole point of this pin.

#2450 1 year ago
Quoted from RTS:

Nope that's not right. Both do not go to Butch's apt.
Travolta was killed by his own weapon that he left on the counter which Butch noticed while Travolta was in the bathroom.
And you're confusing the characters name of Marcellus Wallace when you mean Jules Winston.
The only characters ever seen in that apartment are Butch and Vincent.
Chronologically, the only time Jules and Vincent are in the coffee shop is AFTER Marvin is shot in the face, which is also after they clean the car.
Jules and Vincent only head over to the coffee shop after Winston Wolf leaves them outside of Monster Joe's Truck and Tow.
The actual chronological end of the movie is when Butch and Fabienne ride off on the chopper.

Yes, the restaurant robbery happened before the Butch apartment scene (obviously). Jules had a change of heart about his profession, and that is why Travolta was at Butch's apartment alone. Jules, the Shepard, was not there to save Travolta.

I could be wrong, but that is how I like to think it happened.

Edit: the Marcellus theory makes sense as well.

#2454 1 year ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Jules was not at Butch's apartment. After leaving the diner and Pumpkin/Honey Bunny robbery, Jules and Vince go to the club where Marsellus is meeting with Butch. It is assumed that Jules informed Marcellus at that time that he was out of the life. Butch finds the MAC-10 on the counter, hears Vince flush, and fires on him when he opens the bathroom door. Is that Vince's gun, or was it Marsellus' gun? We don't know. My theory is that Vince, working alone now, insists on taking more firepower on jobs (i.e. "We should have shotguns for this kind of deal"). We do know that Marsellus was clearly there prior, though, because after Butch wipes down the gun and his apartment quickly, he gets in Fabienne's shitbox car parked a block or so over, and encounters Marsellus walking across the street bring doughnuts and coffee toward the apartment. Marsellus was so offended enough by Butch's double cross that he went on this job personally.

And then Marcellus took it in the ass all over spite.

This movie is pure fucked up goodness!

#2473 1 year ago

How am I supposed to concentrate on work with all these theories being bantered about!!!! (mind blown)

#2479 1 year ago

So, did Marcellus sell his soul to get Mia? Explains why he threw a brother out a 4th story balcony.

And I think the gun on the counter was Vince's piece, since he didn't seem to have one on his person whilst on the shitter.

#2605 1 year ago

I honestly want to sell everything and just have PF and EatPM. I'm so over the deep rules and PhD style games.

The only problem, I haven't played PF yet so fuck my life.

Probably gonna want an LE because that topper looks so cool. I'm screwed.

#2608 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I’ll see you guys in a couple years wanting to buy guys that keep your interest longer?

Guys don't ever keep my interest, unless they are like Vince and Jules

#2644 1 year ago

I chuckle at the "certificate of authenticity"... like someone is going to start making counterfeit knock-offs of PF.

#2704 1 year ago

That coin door... SO much nostalgia just in that. Love it!

#2833 1 year ago

Pinside can decipher top secret code but can't get simple video of a pinball at a show. Sounds about right...

#2884 1 year ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

This guy is definitely heading home with TPF “Texas Pinball Funk.”
Way to go from the flippers to the face!

And back to flippers... Then wiped on pants lolol.

Don't care, thanks for the video. I'm off to choke the monkey now.

#2903 1 year ago

Ok, that is my kind of pin. Thanks for the video.

You son of a bitch, I'm in! Ordering an SE tomorrow.

#2909 1 year ago

Hundreds of pinsiders at TPF, and Neil is the video rockstar. Good job man. We appreciate it

Now stop showing the topper. My kids need braces and I don't like them as much as my wife thinks I do...

#2916 1 year ago
Quoted from mtdouble:

anyone that isnt in able to give us their opinion? dont see that much going on, besides the great callouts and music....I hope I'm wrong.

It comes down to what you want. Do you want 45 minute games? Are you trying to beat 20 modes? This isn't for you

I want to play a 10 minute game with my wife, compete for top score, and have a laugh and be entertained along the way.

This is that game.

#2921 1 year ago
Quoted from mtdouble:

100s of games that fill that void, besides them integration does PF bring anything else to the table?

Don't know, I don't have one yet.

But for us, it IS the theme. And how they integrated it.

Music, call outs,

Quoted from mtdouble:

100s of games that fill that void, besides them integration does PF bring anything else to the table?

The theme integration is fire. That is all it takes.

Whirlwind is decent, but I will opt for Pulp Fiction. And it is HOW they fill the void. I will take my burger with a dose of "SAY WHAT ONE MORE TIME MOTHERFUCKER!"

Your void and my void may be different, and that is fine. I just want mine to be edgy, I need to feel.

#2937 1 year ago

It may seem pedestrian on the surface, but this pin is some next level shit. Especially if you love PF

#3002 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

LMAO thinking of your post on showing your kids fiscal responsibility. Go for it!!!

I'll be selling two pins to get PF... Or drain the college fund. I'll just teach my kid plumbing instead lol.

#3004 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

2 for 1 is tricky.I’ve been happy with most deals I’ve made over the years but the ole 2 for 1 can be second guessed after the dust settles.
I wish this traditional pin came with a more traditional price tag it would be a no brained!Its Pulp Fiction!

The wife always said no more than 2 pins at a time. I was up to five. Now four, so if it gets me PF to downsize, I'm ok with that. EatPM and PF is the plan.

Wondering how many people are having burgers for breakfast at TPF, trying to cure their hangovers lol

#3057 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I've been to one show and it was full of bad BO and crop-dusters .....it was nasty ... they need to hand out deodorant and beano at the door

It is crazy how the stench of pinball enthusiasts can overwhelm at these festivals. I get the nerd factor, but damn, don't you guys smell yourself? I honestly feel like an outsider as one who smells clean, fresh, and isn't overweight and don't shit myself in public.

#3089 1 year ago

I feel dirty... Off to shower.

#3145 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Kick ass! But those 2 LEs have no toppers.

I haven't run into the bad BO, but I got crop dusted at least 4 times on Sat. One smelled like someone literally shit themself. I had to go all the way outdoors to get some fresh air after that one. Holy hell.

I seriously wonder if some of these ignoramuses actually wear adult diapers and shit themselves because they don't want to lose their place in line, and get their money's worth on admission. You know, why waste precious time in the bathroom.

#3261 1 year ago

Now that the fomo is gone and people realize this is just a pedestrian game, I think people should start cancelling their LE orders. (Please send me a pm if you do)

#3350 1 year ago

PF LE sucks and is overrated. And overpriced.

PM me so I can take your spot.

#3383 1 year ago
Quoted from Bundy:

To me that would kill the retro vibe of the machine and feel out of place.

I'm just going to buy an SE, get a quarter pounder with cheese, take a bite and set it on top of the back box.

#3419 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

What Will CGC Do Next? - has become the most interesting event on the pinball horizon. Will it be PF SE? PF LE? CCr LE?

TZr ... Now that the topper for the LE is being made by a third party.

#3549 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Got my Cactus LE finally after 17 months of fully paid. And zero communication.
You will get this PF whenever you get it and like it.
Communication? You have to pay extra for that

Figure the backwards deflation of the price after 17 months, WIN!

#3721 1 year ago

You just wanted our opinion? Lol.

Dude, if you like it, buy it.

#3790 1 year ago

Sounds like Jack Danger is streaming a TBA game on Wednesday... maybe PF?

#3801 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

What did he end up streaming?
I'll have a chance to play some more at Pinbrew tomorrow, a historically smaller event than TPF and MGC. If anyone wants specific pictures/video let me know. Hoping we can get adult mode turned on after dark.

Even though he was on the twitch schedule to stream Tue-Thurs I have not seen any content this week. He probably a little busy right now.

2 weeks later
#4013 12 months ago

Love the bonus countdown at the end of ball. One of the few things I miss from em's. The thrill of the bonus racking up and up after a great ball.

Everyone looks to be having a blast. This is how all streams should be.

#4077 11 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

https://www.twitch.tv/iepinball/videos
One of the top competitive players in the world and helps organize major tournaments like INDISC. He likes to challenge himself with getting to notoriously hard wizard modes.

He is also a janitor at Shermer High school.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

8,399 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
7,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Francisco, CA
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Beechwood.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pulp-fiction-hype-thread-?tu=Beechwood and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.