200w (12).gif
dc0aba7ce7e4c1b48559e4f43cf3c2ea.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
20240418_122418 (resized).jpg
20240418_122338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1636 (resized).jpeg
20240409_134125 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,095 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 142.
#4001 12 months ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

Has the stream been uploaded to YouTube yet!?

Doesn’t appear so.

#4002 12 months ago

I gotta give credit where credit is due. I always knew Jack Danger and stern had a solid working relationship, but when he designed the JP home and finally Foo Fighters, I thought for sure that his streaming and antics would be decidedly in Sterns favor.

The twitch stream of PF truly proved me wrong. I still prefer Cary Hardy, but that’s just me. ☺️

#4003 12 months ago

This game looks Pimp...Can't wait!!!!

#4005 12 months ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Where the tank game stream.. everyone appeared to be just going through the motions...

Watching the Stream on YouTube now , everyone genuinely looks like they're having fun , unlike GTF .
I would have loved to see video clips but they did a phenomenal job recreating that era of pin .
And the light show is excellent A+

#4006 12 months ago

Looks

Quoted from screaminr:

Watching the Stream on YouTube now , everyone genuinely looks like they're having fun , unlike GTF .
I would have loved to see video clips but they did a phenomenal job recreating that era of pin .
And the light show is excellent A+

The fact that it has callouts without video clips is one of my favorite things about it - looks like a phenomenal game.

#4007 12 months ago
Quoted from apessino:

Looks

The fact that it has callouts without video clips is one of my favorite things about it - looks like a phenomenal game.

I saw the movie three times at the cinema when it came out , personally I would have liked to have seen clips but we both agree it's phenomenal game how they've done it .

#4008 12 months ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

Has the stream been uploaded to YouTube yet!?

#4009 12 months ago

IMG_20191002_213421 (resized).jpgIMG_20191002_213421 (resized).jpg
#4010 12 months ago

In my mind, this is the only way this pin could have been done (retro, no screen, no clips). It’s like the machine itself dropped out of the universe of the film.

#4011 12 months ago

I'm two hours into the stream and I already know I want one in my collection. It's a great well done game. Hands down the pawn shop multiball looks like a hoot and my favorite.

I do have a question about the roll scenes (game modes) because I only noticed the twist and maybe one other. Did I miss something or are they not coded in yet? I'd like to know what they are and the shot objectives. I remember reading about a Mia scene with the heart shot but didn't see it.

Edit. Saw BMF and the wolf scene toward the end.

#4012 12 months ago
Quoted from jackd104:

In my mind, this is the only way this pin could have been done (retro, no screen, no clips). It’s like the machine itself dropped out of the universe of the film.

The amazing part to me is that when I hear the music and call outs, I can see the movie scenes in my mind, like the Pawn Shop, there is no need for a screen...

#4013 12 months ago

Love the bonus countdown at the end of ball. One of the few things I miss from em's. The thrill of the bonus racking up and up after a great ball.

Everyone looks to be having a blast. This is how all streams should be.

#4014 12 months ago
Quoted from prl867:

I gotta give credit where credit is due. I always knew Jack Danger and stern had a solid working relationship, but when he designed the JP home and finally Foo Fighters, I thought for sure that his streaming and antics would be decidedly in Sterns favor.

The twitch stream of PF truly proved me wrong.

Yes he did a fantastic job of showing off a pin from a different manufacturer than a company he designed a great pin for. And they definitely looked like they were all having a great time.

I can't wait to get my grubby little paws on it.

LTG : )

#4015 12 months ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

I'm two hours into the stream and I already know I want one in my collection. It's a great well done game. Hands down the pawn shop multiball looks like a hoot and my favorite.
I do have a question about the roll scenes (game modes) because I only noticed the twist and maybe one other. Did I miss something or are they not coded in yet? I'd like to know what they are and the shot objectives. I remember reading about a Mia scene with the heart shot but didn't see it.

From what I’ve gathered, it’s all coded (just tweaks happening now). I think I heard someone say that the pops alternate the ‘Roll Scene’ mode that is lit for when you start a mode. “The Shot” mode is the mini wizard mode, so you have to get all the other ones before you can start that. They didn’t get that far last night. Pawn shop multiball and briefcase boogie are just too enticing

#4016 12 months ago

I love that Jimmy’s

“You’re fucking my shit up right now!”

Is a callout.

#4017 12 months ago

Random question: does it have a headphone Jack?

#4018 12 months ago

“Be cool, Hunny Bunny” - best tilt warning call out ever?

#4019 12 months ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

The amazing part to me is that when I hear the music and call outs, I can see the movie scenes in my mind, like the Pawn Shop, there is no need for a screen...

Do we even want a screen for the pawn shop scene when we have alphanumeric?

>(^_ (O_O)>

#4020 12 months ago
Quoted from prl867:

Random question: does it have a headphone Jack?

Doesn't look like it in the pictures.

Scroll down about 3/4ths of the way for all three variations : https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/pulp-fiction

#4021 12 months ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Here were the design notes for the Roll Scene modes (spoiler alert):

TWIST CONTEST (jet bumpers)
Display message: Shoot for Bumpers
1) Opening Speech call - Mia: “Now, I wanna dance, I wanna win, I want that trophy so dance good.” Voice of Ed Sullivan impersonator sounds “Alright, let’s see what you can do . . . take it away!” “You Never Can Tell” music plays.
2) 40 seconds on the clock, and the JET BUMPERS are the highlighted feature for this mode – they should all be flashing haphazardly.
3) Building phase – The first 30 seconds, the player will get 1K+ points per jet bumper hit. So 15 hits during this time would be 1K+2K+3K+4K+….15K. This would be a total of 120K points earned in this example.
4) Finishing phase – With 10 seconds left on the clock, the player could then hit the Roll Scene saucer to collect another 120K points.
5) Finishing Speech call – Sound of Mia laughing once they enter the house with the trophy in hand

BMF WALLET (arrow targets)
Display Message: Hit arrow Targets
1) Opening Speech call - “I want you to go in that bag, and find my wallet. It’s the one that says Bad Mother Fucker. That’s it. That’s my Bad Motherfucker.”
2)40 seconds on the clock, and the 7 ARROW TARGETS around the playfield are the highlighted feature for this mode – they should all be flashing haphazardly.
3)Building phase – The first 30 seconds, the player will get 1500+ points for every target hit. All targets are available at all times during this phase. So 9 targets hit during this time would be 1500+3000+4500+6000 . . . +13,500. This would be a total of 67,500 points earned in this example.
4) Finishing phase – With 10 second left on the clock, the player could then hit the Roll Scene saucer to collect another 67,500 points.
5) Finishing Speech call – “Take out the money . . . count it . . . OK, put it in your pocket, it’s yours”

THE GOLD WATCH (magnet)
Display Message: Hit Magnet target
1) Opening Speech call – “This watch I got here was first purchased by your great-grandfather during the first World War.”
2) 40 seconds on the clock, and the Magnet is lit with the Captain Koons plastic also flashing.
3) Building phase – The first 30 seconds, the player will get 30K+ for every time the magnet is hit. So 3 hits to the magnet during this time would be 30K + 60K + 90K. This would be a total of 180K points earned in this example. Every hit to the magnet will trigger an intermediate speech call from Captain Koons.
i)“he hid it in the one place he knew he could hide something. His ass. Five long years, he wore this watch up his ass. Then he died of dysentery, he gave me the watch.”
ii. “I hid this uncomfortable hunk of metal up my ass two years. Then, after seven years, I was sent home to my family.”
iii.(there’s like 2 minutes of great Christopher Walken stuff here to pull from – I would just bank a solid 10 quotes to be pulled from for as many magnet hits as the player possibly could hit during the 30 seconds of building phase)
4)Finishing Phase - With 10 seconds left on the clock, the player could then hit the Roll Scene saucer to collect another 180K points.
5) Finishing Speech call – “And now, little man, I give the watch to you.”

CLEAN THE CAR (spinners)
Display Message: Hit spinners
1) Opening Speech call - Wolf call out - (alt)“ We gotta Corpse in a car, minus a head, take me to it” (alt) “I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the fucking car.”
2)40 seconds on the clock, and both SPINNERS are the highlighted feature for this mode – the SUPER SPINNER inserts should be flashing like crazy.
3)Building phase – The first 30 seconds, the player will get 100+ points for every spinner switch registered. So 60 spinner hits during this time would be 100+200+300+400 . . . +6,000. This would be a total of 183,000 points earned in this example.
4)Finishing phase – With 10 second left on the clock, the player could then hit the Roll Scene saucer to collect another 183,000 points.
5)Finishing Speech call – Jimmie says ““I can't believe this is the same car.” followed by the Wolf - “Well, let's not start sucking each other's dicks quite yet.”

THE SHOT(Roll Scene Drop Target – Wizard Mode)
Display Message: Shoot drop target
1) Opening Speech call - Vincent callout - “Quit fuckin' around man and give her the shot-come on!”
2)4-ball multiball with 15sec ball saver. The string of Roll Scene inserts strobe from bottom to top. Drop Target is UP. PAYOFF insert is flashing RED on this shot.
3.) 1st Target hit
a. Speech call - “Hurry up lance were losing her”
b. 100k points awarded.
c. PAYOFF insert changes color to YELLOW and continues flashing.
4) Target hit for the 2nd time
a. Speech call - “Alright what I need now is a magic marker”
b. 200k points awarded.
c. PAYOFF insert changes color to GREEN and continues flashing.
5) Target hit for the 3rd time
a. Speech call - “Hurry up Man, Hurry up”
b. 300K points awarded.
c. PAYOFF insert changes color to BLUE and continues flashing.
6) Target hit for the 4th time
a. Speech call - “Give her the shot”
b. 400K points awarded.
c. PAYOFF insert changes color to FULL RGB and continues flashing.
7) Target hit for the 5th time (plus any additional times)
a. Speech call - Mia Wallace scream as she wakes up from the shot.
b. 500k points awarded every time it's hit

#4022 12 months ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Edit. Saw BMF and the wolf scene toward the end.

Nice writeup of all the game rules and shot maps.

https://www.chicago-gaming.com/brochures/Pulp_Fiction_Pinball_Rules_Manual.pdf

#4023 12 months ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

1) Opening Speech call - “I want you to go in that bag, and find my wallet. It’s the one that says Bad Mother Fucker. That’s it. That’s my Bad Motherfucker.”
2)40 seconds on the clock, and the 7 ARROW TARGETS around the playfield are the highlighted feature for this mode – they should all be flashing haphazardly.
3)Building phase – The first 30 seconds, the player will get 1500+ points for every target hit. All targets are available at all times during this phase. So 9 targets hit during this time would be 1500+3000+4500+6000 . . . +13,500. This would be a total of 67,500 points earned in this example.
4) Finishing phase – With 10 second left on the clock, the player could then hit the Roll Scene saucer to collect another 134,000 points.
5) Finishing Speech call – “Take out the money . . . count it . . . OK, put it in your pocket, it’s yours”
T

Josh, I believe the amount in item 4 above for BMF Wallet should be 135,000 and not 134,000 (should be 67,500 X 2 assuming the build phase total is doubled in Wallet finishing phase - or 67,500 if not doubled - appears this is the only roll scene mode where the finishing award is double the building total).

#4024 12 months ago
Quoted from iluvak9:

Josh, I believe the amount in item 4 above for BMF Wallet should be 135,000 and not 134,000 (should be 67,500 X 2 assuming the build phase total is doubled in Wallet finishing phase - or 67,500 if not doubled - appears this is the only roll scene mode where the finishing award is double the building total).

Lol that's some bad math notes ... It's implemented properly in the actual game

#4025 12 months ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

Lol that's some bad math notes ... It's implemented properly in the actual game

I've heard your son is doing game play testing. Maybe he should double check your math for you as well

#4026 12 months ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

1) Opening Speech call - Mia: “Now, I wanna dance, I wanna win, I want that trophy so dance good.” Voice of Ed Sullivan impersonator sounds “Alright, let’s see what you can do . . . take it away!” “You Never Can Tell” music plays.
2) 40 seconds on the clock, and the JET BUMPERS are the highlighted feature for this mode – they should all be flashing haphazardly.
3) Building phase – The first 30 seconds, the player will get 1K+ points per jet bumper hit. So 15 hits during this time would be 1K+2K+3K+4K+….15K. This would be a total of 120K points earned in this example.
4) Finishing phase – With 10 seconds left on the clock, the player could then hit the Roll Scene saucer to collect another 120K points.
5) Finishing Speech call – Sound of Mia laughing once they enter the house with the trophy in hand
4) Finishing phase – With 10 second left on the clock, the player could then hit the Roll Scene saucer to collect another 67,500 points.
THE GOLD WATCH (magnet)
1) Opening Speech call – “This watch I got here was first purchased by your great-grandfather during the first World War.”
2) 40 seconds on the clock, and the Magnet is lit with the Captain Koons plastic also flashing.
3) Building phase – The first 30 seconds, the player will get 30K+ for every time the magnet is hit. So 3 hits to the magnet during this time would be 30K + 60K + 90K. This would be a total of 180K points earned in this example. Every hit to the magnet will trigger an intermediate speech call from Captain Koons.
i)“he hid it in the one place he knew he could hide something. His ass. Five long years, he wore this watch up his ass. Then he died of dysentery, he gave me the watch.”
ii. “I hid this uncomfortable hunk of metal up my ass two years. Then, after seven years, I was sent home to my family.”
iii.(there’s like 2 minutes of great Christopher Walken stuff here to pull from – I would just bank a solid 10 quotes to be pulled from for as many magnet hits as the player possibly could hit during the 30 seconds of building phase)
4)Finishing Phase - With 10 seconds left on the clock, the player could then hit the Roll Scene saucer to collect another 180K points.
CLEAN THE CAR (spinners)
1) Opening Speech call - Wolf call out - (alt)“ We gotta Corpse in a car, minus a head, take me to it” (alt) “I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the fucking car.”
2)40 seconds on the clock, and both SPINNERS are the highlighted feature for this mode – the SUPER SPINNER inserts should be flashing like crazy.
3)Building phase – The first 30 seconds, the player will get 100+ points for every spinner switch registered. So 60 spinner hits during this time would be 100+200+300+400 . . . +6,000. This would be a total of 183,000 points earned in this example.
4)Finishing phase – With 10 second left on the clock, the player could then hit the Roll Scene saucer to collect another 183,000 points.
5)Finishing Speech call – Jimmie says ““I can't believe this is the same car.” followed by the Wolf - “Well, let's not start sucking each other's dicks quite yet.”
1) Opening Speech call - Vincent callout - “Quit fuckin' around man and give her the shot-come on!”
2)4-ball multiball with 15sec ball saver. The string of Roll Scene inserts strobe from bottom to top. Drop Target is UP. PAYOFF insert is flashing RED on this shot.
3.) 1st Target hit
b. 100k points awarded.
b. 200k points awarded.
b. 300K points awarded.
b. 400K points awarded.

Perfect. That's the info I was looking for. They really did a great job on theme integration. If only the stream was available when ordering opened up it would have been LE all the way.

Come on sell the damn topper as an add on for us tire kickers.

#4027 12 months ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

THE GOLD WATCH (magnet)
CLEAN THE CAR (spinners)
3.) 1st Target hit
b. 100k points awarded.
b. 200k points awarded.
b. 300K points awarded.
b. 400K points awarded.

ifpapinball
Great Quotes!
“What a Gyp” I keep hearing it after the stream. That’s good pinball when you hear things when the game turns off.
6925482F-E3A9-4E47-B5EF-5F0211DF4F3D.gif6925482F-E3A9-4E47-B5EF-5F0211DF4F3D.gif

#4028 12 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Do we even want a screen for the pawn shop scene when we have alphanumeric?
>(^_ (O_O)>

err... no, lol!

#4029 12 months ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Stream was awesome, the game looked fantastic, topper or no topper either way I think this pin is a huge success... 3rd QTR cannot get here fast enough.

That's the big rub on this game. It's totally ready and code looks pretty flushed out and they can't build it.

#4030 12 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

That's the big rub on this game. It's totally ready and code looks pretty flushed out and they can't build it.

Waited more than a year on MM royal and CCR LE>. That's why I haven't been too sad about not getting an LE. When a year goes by, and the game still isn't being unboxed, I suspect there will be some opportunities to buy.

#4031 12 months ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Where did you get this info? Just a guess?

Educated guess based on ordering CGC's last four LE's

#4032 12 months ago
Quoted from prl867:

The twitch stream of PF truly proved me wrong. I still prefer Cary Hardy, but that’s just me. ☺️

Jack doesn't play games. He knows all these people and he is really serious about pinball, he's not going to be fake. It looked like Jack loved Pulp Fiction.

#4033 12 months ago

No joke, I'm not sure I've ever seen Pulp Fiction all the way through (need to fix that!) and that stream still made me want this game. Looks brutal and unique, and the theme integration, sound package, and lighting are on point. Definitely gonna be on my radar when they start releasing.

#4034 12 months ago

I watched most of the stream and really like what I was seeing. It would have been nice if they offered more LE models.

#4035 12 months ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

I watched most of the stream and really like what I was seeing. It would have been nice if they offered more LE models.

Yeah that would make it more limited, for sure...

#4036 12 months ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Waited more than a year on MM royal and CCR LE>. That's why I haven't been too sad about not getting an LE. When a year goes by, and the game still isn't being unboxed, I suspect there will be some opportunities to buy.

Based on that info I’d be curious to know when the international orders go out on CGC games. Do the USA customers normally get theirs first?

#4037 12 months ago

LTG This ones for you Lloyd.

3 kids drew Rob Zombie on adult mode during comp yesterday.

Go to hell motherfucker!

kids2 (resized).jpgkids2 (resized).jpg

#4038 12 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

This ones for you Lloyd.

3 kids drew Rob Zombie on adult mode during comp yesterday.

Go to hell motherfucker!

Thank you !

#4039 12 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Based on that info I’d be curious to know when the international orders go out on CGC games. Do the USA customers normally get theirs first?

USA first. Australia is normally last.

#4040 12 months ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Holy! laminated hey?

Late reply (was off the grid for a bit) - yep, laminated - gotta use the work colour laser printer for good

#4041 12 months ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

USA first. Australia is normally last.

We (Australia) aren't last, it's the fact that it takes 60+ days on the ship from the east coast of the US to then come down here.

#4042 12 months ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

We (Australia) aren't last, it's the fact that it takes 60+ days on the ship from the east coast of the US to then come down here.

So who do we go before? Ever? Where did you get your info?

FYI. The containers are trucked from Chicago to LA and then on the ship to Syd or Melb. At the moment It is a 25 to 45 day process depending on which cost option you use for the container.

#4043 12 months ago

So who do we go before? Ever? Where did you get your info?
FYI. The containers are trucked from Chicago to LA and then on the ship to Syd or Melb. At the moment It is a 25 to 45 day process depending on which cost option you use for the container.

Not CGC, but JJP with our first container of GnR, built 30 something first, shipped the container and then started filling USA orders while ours was on the water.

Not sure if you were looking for all examples, but they did it.

#4044 12 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

Not CGC, but JJP with our first container of GnR, built 30 something first, shipped the container and then started filling USA orders while ours was on the water.
Not sure if you were looking for all examples, but they did it.

All good, we are talking about CGC and what has happened in the past...

I am hoping CGC make Pulp Fictions on a separate line and ship with the Cactus Canyons! That would be nice.

Reality is I think we will not be getting Pulp Fiction until later in 2024. Maybe some demo's before that.

#4045 12 months ago

I am hoping CGC make Pulp Fictions on a separate line and ship with the Cactus Canyons! That would be nice.
Reality is I think we will not be getting Pulp Fiction until later in 2024. Maybe some demo's before that.

Maybe. My mate Grant has been waiting for his CCle for nearly as long as i've been waiting for Mermaid it seems.

#4046 12 months ago

I need time to save the remainder so I don’t have to sell a machine for PF
So next year sometime is okay by me

#4047 12 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

Maybe. My mate Grant has been waiting for his CCle for nearly as long as i've been waiting for Mermaid it seems.

Yep... and still plenty of time to wait yet.

#4048 12 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I need time to save the remainder so I don’t have to sell a machine for PF
So next year sometime is okay by me

We are in no hurry either, we are out of room!

#4049 11 months ago

We are in no hurry either, we are out of room!

Normally I’d say the same but convinced the mrs to build a 15x8m shed to house all my games lol
Plenty of room for the pinball and my Tarantino figure cabinet instead of storing all the figures in boxes under pinballs

#4050 11 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Normally I’d say the same but convinced the mrs to build a 15x8m shed to house all my games lol
Plenty of room for the pinball and my Tarantino figure cabinet instead of storing all the figures in boxes under pinballs

Nice! I am sure you will fill the shed and be out of room again soon. We are thinking about moving to a bigger house.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Romeoville, IL
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Francisco, CA
7,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,095 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 142.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pulp-fiction-hype-thread-/page/81?hl=onemilemore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.