PF Damage (not mine) (resized).jpg
IMG_1623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1626 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2914 (resized).jpg
IMG_2913 (resized).jpg
IMG_2915 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,054 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 142.
#301 1 year ago
Quoted from Rezdog:

Tomorrow be like …..
[quoted image]
We happy?

Looks like I'm gonna start smoking again. Hope the pin has an ash tray .

#302 1 year ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Tough call. Street level. No video assets. It would have to be one heck of a price for me to bite. Kinda stinks one would waste some great ip on a basic game.

I’m ok with street level. Not ok with no video + $10,000 price tag.

#303 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I’m ok with street level. Not ok with no video + $10,000 price tag.

To me it's the audio assets that are the real key to this game. I want the real lines from the real movie and the real actors or I'm basically out.

#304 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

To me it's the audio assets that are the real key to this game. I want the real lines from the real movie and the real actors or I'm basically out.

That’s probably the majority of potential buyers.

#305 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Looks like I'm gonna start smoking again. Hope the pin has an ash tray .

I used to have a foosball table with built in ashtrays. Surprised I’ve never seen one on a pin.

DMD with custom animations would make me want this even more. Let’s get a video mode too!

#306 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

I used to have a foosball table with built in ashtrays. Surprised I’ve never seen one on a pin.
DMD with custom animations would make me want this even more. Let’s get a video mode too!

Old ones did.

#307 1 year ago

Pin Gulp on one side and a Pin Puff on the other

#308 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

I've been assuming it would have the larger DMD that CGC uses rather than a standard LCD. So no high def movie footage.

That would be so cool if they use the same dmd as the CGC remakes. It looks soooo good!

Richard

#309 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

I want the real lines from the real movie

That would make for one hell of a goodie bag.

mia-wallace-pulp-fiction.gifmia-wallace-pulp-fiction.gif
#310 1 year ago

Tough call. Street level. No video assets. It would have to be one heck of a price for me to bite. Kinda stinks one would waste some great ip on a basic game.

Yup. Gotta be priced less than a Stern Pro…less than a Stern Home Pin if it’s gonna have less than JP Home. Otherwise, it’s like “why would I buy this when I can get something cooler?”

#311 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:it’s like “why would I buy this when I can get something cooler?”

7B96E9AB-617A-498E-B68B-B3B3B3BB47C7.gif7B96E9AB-617A-498E-B68B-B3B3B3BB47C7.gif
#312 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yup. Gotta be priced less than a Stern Pro…less than a Stern Home Pin if it’s gonna have less than JP Home. Otherwise, it’s like “why would I buy this when I can get something cooler?”

Well, Bond 60th will likely sell out despite being less-than-great (got to play it yesterday). Many buyers are so smitten with the license, they aren't as concerned with the game being cool. Will be really interesting to see what they come up with. I'm upbeat.

#313 1 year ago

If that leaked blurry image is indeed PF, what a failure and waste of a good theme.

#314 1 year ago

Do we have a time tomorrow for the reveal?

#315 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Well, Bond 60th will likely sell out despite being less-than-great (got to play it yesterday)

I doubt it. I don’t think they build all 500. Or, if they do, the rest will go quietly cheaper under the table.

#316 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

If that leaked blurry image is indeed PF, what a failure and waste of a good theme.

But it's got a Royale with cheese!

#317 1 year ago

Maybe in the minority here but I think DMD would be great for the theme and retro vibe. Putting in a color DMD probably costs more than these cheap modern displays anyway so it DMD animations like walking dead would be great. Looking forward to tomorrow.

#318 1 year ago
Quoted from aaron6920:

Maybe in the minority here but I think DMD would be great for the theme and retro vibe. Putting in a color DMD probably costs more than these cheap modern displays anyway so it DMD animations like walking dead would be great. Looking forward to tomorrow.

Hate to break it to you, ColorDMD is an LCD. Same panel.

#319 1 year ago

Unless the Gimp pops out from under the playfield somewhere, I am out! LMFAO!

#320 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Old ones did.

I use to be able to walk into a bar and buy cigarettes when I was 6 years old.Cigarette shit was everywhere and everybody smoked
Oh the cigs were for my dad of course

#321 1 year ago

I'd be ok with no 'video assets'. Part of the fun of a theme is seeing how the original (TM)thing(TM) gets translated into a different form. If you want movie clips, VHS, DVD, blu-ray, stream, etc the movie itself. It is like being out on a painting of something because the painting isn't a high res print of a picture of the subject.

#322 1 year ago

Rumor is the director(Quentin Tarantino) is dictating how the game is being built and designed to some extent. This is ridiculous in my opinion. Get the license and let the experts build it… that’s a recipe for success.

#323 1 year ago

The video/animation of Vincent looking lost should play during Ball Search.

So many quotes are unfit or even cringy for callouts, sadly. They have to be creative. The music should be on point!

Gotta love hype threads! “When you little scamps get together, you're worse than a sewing circle.“, Mia

#324 1 year ago
Quoted from jjga:

I'd be ok with no 'video assets'. Part of the fun of a theme is seeing how the original (TM)thing(TM) gets translated into a different form. If you want movie clips, VHS, DVD, blu-ray, stream, etc the movie itself. It is like being out on a painting of something because the painting isn't a high res print of a picture of the subject.

I can’t imagine Halloween with only cartoon clips, no video clips from the movie. Just my own personal taste. DMD is ok but would like to not go backwards.

#325 1 year ago

Would be cool if there was an option to choose retro or contemporary clips like playing a new version of an old game like ghosts and goblins and switching on the fly between current and old graphics

#326 1 year ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Rumor is the director(Quentin Tarantino) is dictating how the game is being built and designed to some extent. This is ridiculous in my opinion. Get the license and let the experts build it… that’s a recipe for success.

Tarantino isn’t dictating anything. But if he is… FU Tarantino. Direct movies - hell yeah. Direct pinball - no! Stay in yo lane, bra. This game needs film clips to play through and it better have Marsellus. If it does both, I’ll buy it. But if not, it’s a pass. That’s a $10k decision that raw thrills is making. Do they want to sell me and you on Pulp? or do they wanna pull our puds?

My favorite movie is TBL, but I don’t own the pin, yet. My second favorite film is Pulp Fiction. Will I own it? My third favorite film is Kill Bill. I like the pin and wish Tarantino would approve it’s release and that they incorporate even more of the film assets. Awaiting PF pinball details and pics on Mon.

#327 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Tarantino isn’t dictating anything. But if he is… FU Tarantino. Direct movies - hell yeah. Direct pinball - no! Stay in yo lane, bra. This game needs film clips to play through and it better have Marsellus. If it does both, I’ll buy it. But if not, it’s a pass. That’s a $10k decision that raw thrills is making. Do they want to sell me and you on Pulp? or do they wanna pull our puds?
My favorite movie is TBL, but I don’t own the pin, yet. My second favorite film is Pulp Fiction. Will I own it? My third favorite film is Kill Bill. I like the pin and wish Tarantino would approve it’s release and that they incorporate even more of the film assets. Awaiting PF pinball details and pics on Mon.

I would agree with this but QT is pretty dialed in into everything pop culture and I wouldn’t bet against him. And this is pinball it’s just toys (:

#328 1 year ago

That’s a $10k decision that raw thrills is making. Do they want to sell me and you on Pulp? or do they wanna pull our puds?

I just messaged the team that a sale to jeffspinballpalace is on the line. We're having an emergency meeting tonight to address this.

#329 1 year ago

We don't have that much longer to wait. I'm not worried about the grainy playfield pic at this point.

Been waiting for this pin a long time, fingers crossed.

#330 1 year ago
Quoted from Hoss_Coog:

We don't have that much longer to wait.

Though I hope we learn more tomorrow. ( I've only seen that mentioned here on Pinside, I don't know if it's official or not ). There will be all kinds of posts positive or negative.

Same with game play videos. And when people get a chance to play it or own it. Good or bad both ways.

I just hope for CGC/PMP and people buying the game, that it's a lot of fun and great to play.

LTG : )

#331 1 year ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Get the license and let the experts build it… that’s a recipe for success.

That didn't work out so well for TS4.

#332 1 year ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

I just messaged the team that a sale to jeffspinballpalace is on the line. We're having an emergency meeting tonight to address this.

Now that’s the dedication we all appreciate. I almost didn’t want to reply for fear I would interrupt the zoom meeting.

For me still looking forward to the reveal.

#333 1 year ago

Personally I don’t need to have video assets. Give me a fast game, amazing callouts and music from the movie, and a solid art package and I am set.

#334 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Though I hope we learn more tomorrow. ( I've only seen that mentioned here on Pinside, I don't know if it's official or not ). There will be all kinds of posts positive or negative.
Same with game play videos. And when people get a chance to play it or own it. Good or bad both ways.
I just hope for CGC/PMP and people buying the game, that it's a lot of fun and great to play.
LTG : )

Several distributors have said we're getting the reveal tomorrow. I'm really glad that CGC is involved. My AFMre is rock solid, great build quality. The LE's topper is one of the best.

#335 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

On the other hand JB SLE $19,999

#336 1 year ago

If this is true (no video assets), then it’s a punch right to the junk

Edit: This looks pretty cool with or without a screen.

Nice old school look to it.

0AF316B2-6E71-481B-8994-4A95F6516F53.gif0AF316B2-6E71-481B-8994-4A95F6516F53.gif

#337 1 year ago

Tarantino isn’t dictating anything. But if he is… FU Tarantino. Direct movies - hell yeah. Direct pinball - no! Stay in yo lane, bra. This game needs film clips to play through and it better have Marsellus. If it does both, I’ll buy it. But if not, it’s a pass.

Just some info about an old Quentin Tarantino interview..

YL: Did you go to arcades much?

QT: Well, the thing about it is, I had to get much older, because when I was in elementary school it was against the law for me to play pinball machines because pinball was considered gambling in Los Angeles county. Because you won free games, for years, pinball was considered gambling; you had to be over 18 to play the pinball machine. I barely remember this, but I'm remembering it now. I'd be in a bowling alley, and there they were. I didn't think about bowling, I thought about playing pinball, but I could not play it. It was considered gambling.

Soooo.. the way the guy thinks, this might be a chance at redemption! From him saying "I didn't think about bowling, I thought about playing pinball" to having a say into what type of game he wants to see for Pulp Fiction..

But, yeah, needs Marcellus for sure!

#338 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

But, yeah, needs Marcellus for sure!

If there isn’t a reference to Pipe Hitting at the end of Gimp Multiball, I’m out.

#339 1 year ago

Per kaneda:
Pic is unconfirmed if it's legit or not. Most signs point to it being real though.
Price 10k
No display

We'll find out everything tomorrow though!

#340 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

On the other hand JB SLE $19,999

…and it’s not selling. Would have sold out instantly if priced accordingly.

#341 1 year ago
Quoted from Hoss_Coog:

Been waiting for this pin a long time, fingers crossed.

80B1C44E-E93C-4715-9C35-78ED518B9B32.jpeg80B1C44E-E93C-4715-9C35-78ED518B9B32.jpeg
#342 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

…and it’s not selling. Would have sold out instantly if priced accordingly.

Exactly. I'd be surprised if half the allotment was sold.

#343 1 year ago

Maybe a good thing?

69D6F592-B40C-42FB-AB38-6BA0B0EC3044 (resized).jpeg69D6F592-B40C-42FB-AB38-6BA0B0EC3044 (resized).jpeg

#344 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Per kaneda:
Pic is unconfirmed if it's legit or not. Most signs point to it being real though.
Price 10k
No display

I feel like going single level, having Sys 11 type displays (what else would it be, reels?), and asking $10k, is more audacious then JB60. I hope none of this is true.

#345 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

I feel like going single level, having Sys 11 type displays (what else would it be, reels?), and asking $10k, is more audacious then JB60. I hope none of this is true.

I agree. Unless they are going for a limited boutique type of run. Even then, so many people would spend modern day pinball bucks for this theme if done correctly, with all the media assets, it's crazy to limit the audience with a theme like this. I'm a Gen X-er and many around my same age are all over this thing.

#346 1 year ago
Quoted from McDoom:

If this is true (no video assets), then it’s a punch right to the junk
[quoted image]

But if there are Video assets and the game is not street level...

AAC21B8D-0E28-4C99-A5D5-55E157F4CB01.gifAAC21B8D-0E28-4C99-A5D5-55E157F4CB01.gif
#347 1 year ago

Even I’m out if this thing is $10K with no display at all. I mean, it’s a fucking movie theme. You will have dinosaurs on your dinosaur tour, won’t you? Building a System 11 machine themed on one of the most quotable and visually identifiable films of all time, and leaving the clips on the cutting room floor…

…it’s your future, Raw Thrills and CGC. I see a short line at the door. Move outta the sticks, fellas.

1117C66F-3FA4-4347-AC9D-3D5B1ABEB5BC (resized).jpeg1117C66F-3FA4-4347-AC9D-3D5B1ABEB5BC (resized).jpeg

Added 13 months ago:

Yeah, I was wrong.

#348 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Per kaneda:
Price 10k
No display

Individual displays perhaps

#349 1 year ago

Single level old school pin that shoots great and plays to the theme should not be over $6995.

But the theory of relativity is strong in pinball.

#350 1 year ago
Quoted from chad:

Individual displays perhaps

Yes obviously there will be some sort of display for scoring, just no DMD or LCD style screen. Apparently. Tomorrow is gonna be interesting!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Trade
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

7,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
Machine - For Sale
Romeoville, IL
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,399 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
There are 7,054 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 142.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pulp-fiction-hype-thread-/page/7?hl=gorbiie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.