IMG_8115 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8114 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8113 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8120 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2167 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,967 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 140.
#3901 12 months ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

I loved the book, did not like the movie, but i take your point. It’s like the part where Patrick is getting pissed off when he flashes his new business card and everyone at the table has one better than his… the descriptions are minute and it goes on for longer than you think it should, but when that section was done, I went back and reread it, as I suddenly realized it was genius, the “shallow” clothing descriptions and designer name dropping eventually kind of brings the picture into focus, the character and the setting, the character IN the setting, it’s all kind of perfectly done.
Anyway, I’m with tiltmonster

Bad segue, but have you read Tarantino's Once Upon a Time in Hollywood book, I read it well after watching the movie and quite enjoyed it, haven't read his latest effort yet but I look forward to reading more his writing in the future.

#3902 12 months ago
31952C7B-4013-495E-922F-D8067094374E (resized).jpeg31952C7B-4013-495E-922F-D8067094374E (resized).jpeg
#3903 12 months ago

We need a mod chopper under the glass.

#3904 12 months ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

We need a mod chopper under the glass.

Not just any chopper but Zed’s Chopper!

#3905 12 months ago

Zed’s dead baby, Zed’s dead.

#3906 12 months ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

Not just any chopper but Zed’s Chopper!

FEATURE SPECS
Class Styling Chopper
Exposure/Publication Movie Bike
Frame Harley Davidson Frame
Gas tank Factory Tank Gas tank
Paint Color(s) Purple, Black
Seat King & Queen

LTG : )

#3907 12 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

FEATURE SPECS
Class Styling Chopper
Exposure/Publication Movie Bike
Frame Harley Davidson Frame
Gas tank Factory Tank Gas tank
Paint Color(s) Purple, Black
Seat King & Queen

All right crafty kids, see if you can fill that tall order!

#3908 12 months ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

All right crafty kids, see if you can fill that tall order!

van6 (resized).jpgvan6 (resized).jpg

#3909 12 months ago

Any idea whether the platform (software, boards, computer hardware, etc) used in PF will be the same as or similar to past CGC games? My impression is this stuff has been steadily evolving with each game they've released so far.

#3910 12 months ago
Quoted from ArtPylon:

Any idea whether the platform (software, boards, computer hardware, etc) used in PF will be the same as or similar to past CGC games?

Yes.

#3911 12 months ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Besides the Sex Pistols which is a different story Repo Man was my introduction ro punk

I keep these close to my bar at all times.
Why? No fuckign idea.

20230422_011932.jpg20230422_011932.jpg
#3912 12 months ago

A man is born. A man lives. A man dies.

#3913 12 months ago

I ordered a Pulp Fiction SED (with the suzo-happ coindoor) to put on route. I've never owned a CGC pin before. Anyone know what kind of voltage CGC puts out for the bill acceptor?

#3914 11 months ago

Getting the wall decor together

PXL_20230422_142354087 (resized).jpgPXL_20230422_142354087 (resized).jpg
#3915 11 months ago
Quoted from dq13:

Getting the wall decor together
[quoted image]

It breaks my heart to think those will just hang on a wall.

I've got a jukebox that is dying to hold those beauties.

I'd be more than happy to scan those labels and put them on some lesser vinyl for you to display if you want to sell those 45s to me.

I'm always on the hunt for Tarantino soundtrack 45.

#3916 11 months ago
Quoted from MadPole:

It breaks my heart to think those will just hang on a wall.
I've got a jukebox that is dying to hold those beauties.
I'd be more than happy to scan those labels and put them on some lesser vinyl for you to display if you want to sell those 45s to me.
I'm always on the hunt for Tarantino soundtrack 45.

These are printed labels, not the real deal. Glad they are convincing! I can share the pdf if yer interested. These are actually crappy Chicago and Jacksons singles. Nothing of quality was harmed in the making of these replicas

#3917 11 months ago
Quoted from dq13:

These are printed labels, not the real deal. Glad they are convincing! I can share the pdf if yer interested.

Good enough to fool me... they will look good on your wall.

My search continues.

#3918 11 months ago
Quoted from DrFred:

I ordered a Pulp Fiction SED (with the suzo-happ coindoor) to put on route. I've never owned a CGC pin before. Anyone know what kind of voltage CGC puts out for the bill acceptor?

12v bill acceptor will work.

#3919 11 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I keep these close to my bar at all times.
Why? No fuckign idea. [quoted image]

Have you seen Suburbia w/ Flea (chilli peppers) or The Rivers Edge w/ Keanu one of his first?! Killer soundtracks…..

#3920 11 months ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

Have you seen Suburbia w/ Flea (chilli peppers) or The Rivers Edge w/ Keanu one of his first?! Killer soundtracks…..

Of course, the classics!

I was thinking just the other day it'd veen too long since I watched "Dudes."
Should never go too long without watching a Lee Ving movie.

#3921 11 months ago
Quoted from DrFred:

Anyone know what kind of voltage CGC puts out for the bill acceptor?

12 volts DC.

Or get one of these - https://na.suzohapp.com/products/bill_validators/42-7057-00 to use a 110VAC bill acceptor. Plug it into the service outlet and solder the two wires to a coin switch. The bill validator will be on with this all the time the service outlet is on. You'd have to hard wire it after the on/off switch if you want it to turn on and off with the game switch.

#3922 11 months ago

So it begins....

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3923 11 months ago
Quoted from dq13:

These are printed labels, not the real deal. Glad they are convincing! I can share the pdf if yer interested. These are actually crappy Chicago and Jacksons singles. Nothing of quality was harmed in the making of these replicas

I am so glad I kept reading and saw this too - I also collect 7" Records of Tarantino music for my Jukebox - chasing just Commanche & Bullwinkle Pt2

#3924 11 months ago

For the love of god, why have they not streamed this bad boy yet???

#3925 11 months ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

For the love of god, why have they not streamed this bad boy yet???

We haven't found a low enough quality video camera yet ...

#3926 11 months ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

I'm sure Tarantino would approve of some 16mm B&W footage.

#3927 11 months ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

Get to work!

721E421B-0EEF-47B7-897A-019B0C8CEB60 (resized).jpeg721E421B-0EEF-47B7-897A-019B0C8CEB60 (resized).jpeg
#3928 11 months ago

They have!

here's a stream of the machine from a guy who's never played it!

Unfortunately, the line was too long so i didn't play it.....

Nearly as good as a potato cam.

#3929 11 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I am so glad I kept reading and saw this too - I also collect 7" Records of Tarantino music for my Jukebox - chasing just Commanche & Bullwinkle Pt2

I already have the three 45s listed above for my jukebox. Unfortunately I do not believe “Bullwinkle Pt 2” exists on 45.

#3930 11 months ago

i played all the new games at MGC and PF was by far my fav, im dropping a deposit when i can work out the deal with a distributor

#3931 11 months ago
Quoted from centerflank:

i played all the new games at MGC and PF was by far my fav, im dropping a deposit when i can work out the deal with a distributor

IMG_8894.gifIMG_8894.gif
#3932 11 months ago

I know you are just going to flip your hand upside down when i sit next to you. Fool me twice...

#3933 11 months ago

I got the chance to play PF at Pinbrew and it was a blast. I didn’t get far into the game as I am not very good, even worse with a line of people behind me. The call outs were awesome, sound was great and gameplay was fast and addictive. They had two models at Pinfest. I got there at about 2pm and left about 8pm on Friday and there was a line to play it the entire time!

#3934 11 months ago

The gang is here.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3935 11 months ago

I’m guessing The Wolf didn’t have time to pose to be some sort of play doll.

#3936 11 months ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Is it true that most games put out by CGC take a year plus to get delivered? I know the CC customers were waiting forever. I want this game, but CGC's history of taking eternity to ship games kind of blows.

Waited for my MMrLE for two years. Learned that it was better to buy an already dialed in game with all bugs worked out and then buy the newer game once the hype was over.

There is always an opportunity to buy even the most sought after games shortly after they come out. Just picked up a NIB CCrLE for list price. Enjoyed other games while waiting for the CCr to become available. Will do the same for PFLE.

#3937 11 months ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Is it true that most games put out by CGC take a year plus to get delivered? I know the CC customers were waiting forever. I want this game, but CGC's history of taking eternity to ship games kind of blows.

I would say its probably longer than that....I'm going on 18 months for my CCRLE...the more disturbing item is CGC's lack of customer support. There are many CCR owners who CGC has been ghosting for weeks....for whatever reason their customer support is really bad

#3938 11 months ago

I just bought a Bond 60th to tide me over what I figure will 1-2 years before my PF LE get here. Get them right, build them right,

“CGC…we will ship no pin before it’s time”

IMG_9882 (resized).jpegIMG_9882 (resized).jpeg
#3939 11 months ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

I just bought a Bond 60th to tide me over what I figure will 1-2 years before my PF LE get here. Get them right, build them right,
“CGC…we will ship no pin before it’s time”
[quoted image]

My buddy finally got his new elvira and it has a huge list of issue. I'll happily wait for my pf to arrive with zero issues.

#3940 11 months ago

I had a AFMr LE for a while and absolutely loved it. Aside from gameplay, by FAR best build quality I've ever seen on a pin (actually pissed me off when I went back to work on my Godzilla, and don't get me started on SAM era games).

I am very sincere in saying I will happily wait 1-2 years for one of my favorite movies to be turned into an incredible pin by the company that is making pins at least 5x better than anyone else right now. Get it right, build them right!

#3941 11 months ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

I had a AFMr LE for a while and absolutely loved it. Aside from gameplay, by FAR best build quality I've ever seen on a pin (actually pissed me off when I went back to work on my Godzilla, and don't get me started on SAM era games).
I am very sincere in saying I will happily wait 1-2 years for one of my favorite movies to be turned into an incredible pin by the company that is making pins at least 5x better than anyone else right now. Get it right, build them right!

Haggis is far better build quality than CGC and American Pinball is also up there.

#3942 11 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

Haggis is far better build quality than CGC and American Pinball is also up there.

That’s great! I’ve seen a Fathom, didn’t really inspect it. Looked sharp as could be. Just to ask, what makes them far better build quality than CGC? I’ve got three CGC in my life and I am pretty blown away by them. Beautifully done in my opinion, and zero issues with any of them in years. Well, one, my MBr scoop protector really didn’t last at all to be honest. But other than that.

#3943 11 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

Fathom is on my list! Looks like incredible work. Can't wait to see one in person

#3944 11 months ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

That’s great! I’ve seen a Fathom, didn’t really inspect it. Looked sharp as could be. Just to ask, what makes them far better build quality than CGC? I’ve got three CGC in my life and I am pretty blown away by them. Beautifully done in my opinion, and zero issues with any of them in years. Well, one, my MBr scoop protector really didn’t last at all to be honest. But other than that.

The attention to detail is incredible. The artwork goes to places you'd never expect, like the transformer cover, the BACK of the backbox is routed out for air flow in their logo. Their playfield process is unique atm. The cabs are auto quality finish, The only machine i have ever seen with better paint is my Sunset Riders, but Scott Seedsman was involved in both projects.

There is not a wire out of place. If you get a chance to look one over you should do so.

11-20220317-Haggis-Pinball-Backbox-open (resized).jpg11-20220317-Haggis-Pinball-Backbox-open (resized).jpg

#3945 11 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

The attention to detail is incredible. The artwork goes to places you'd never expect, like the transformer cover, the BACK of the backbox is routed out for air flow in their logo. Their playfield process is unique atm. The cabs are auto quality finish, The only machine i have ever seen with better paint is my Sunset Riders, but Scott Seedsman was involved in both projects.
There is not a wire out of place. If you get a chance to look one over you should do so.
[quoted image]

Truly, it’s not often enough that artists also manufacture. At that level. Beautiful.

#3946 11 months ago
Quoted from ArtPylon:

Any idea whether the platform (software, boards, computer hardware, etc) used in PF will be the same as or similar to past CGC games? My impression is this stuff has been steadily evolving with each game they've released so far.

I thought the president said in the promo that he had to figure out what cpu would work for this late 70s style solid state game? To me that says it's totally different computer hardware and software. I could be wrong though

#3947 11 months ago

Any graphic designers out there? No idea on this stuff myself, but I heard joelbob (on Flip n Out with Friends) talking about the dot gradients on the playfield. It's one of those things that, to the untrained eye, doesn't exist, but once you hear it, you're not able to not see it. I'll bet when the ball is moving I'll stop thinking about it forever, but interesting if anyone here has more expertise. Here's what he said, specifically speaking about the art around the bottom part of the playfield:

"This is something that bothers me: they're going for a half-toned look here. Which is, everything is screened with dots. The problem is they use the same angle for every color, and that is not right and it bothers me, and I'm gonna look past it, you know, I think it's a look that they're going for...

"So if you were actually printing these colors, and they were going to mesh in any way, you would want them at different angles, where the dots would overlap, you can't have them at the same angle, and here all of the half tones, like this blending--this light blue that blends into a dark blue, they're doing that with smaller dots. That''s at the same angle as every other color on the playfield, and that bothers me a little bit. Like a standard print angle is 45 degrees. Well, this is not 45 degrees. They lined up the dots in the same angle as the lane. So it's very much, it's an artistic thing they're doing. And it's fine, it's fine, it's just in an actual print environment, it's not right. It's not glaring, I see they're going for a look here, it just doesn't really mesh here, it's fine, I'm moving on. There are a few things like that that bother me. They used half-tone dots on the Vincent sling, but not in Jules' sling graphic. Maybe it's going to get aligned for production and they were just trying different ways for now."

#3948 11 months ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

Any graphic designers out there? No idea on this stuff myself, but I heard joelbob (on Flip n Out with Friends) talking about the dot gradients on the playfield. It's one of those things that, to the untrained eye, doesn't exist, but once you hear it, you're not able to not see it. I'll bet when the ball is moving I'll stop thinking about it forever, but interesting if anyone here has more expertise. Here's what he said, specifically speaking about the art around the bottom part of the playfield:
"This is something that bothers me: they're going for a half-toned look here. Which is, everything is screened with dots. The problem is they use the same angle for every color, and that is not right and it bothers me, and I'm gonna look past it, you know, I think it's a look that they're going for...
"So if you were actually printing these colors, and they were going to mesh in any way, you would want them at different angles, where the dots would overlap, you can't have them at the same angle, and here all of the half tones, like this blending--this light blue that blends into a dark blue, they're doing that with smaller dots. That''s at the same angle as every other color on the playfield, and that bothers me a little bit. Like a standard print angle is 45 degrees. Well, this is not 45 degrees. They lined up the dots in the same angle as the lane. So it's very much, it's an artistic thing they're doing. And it's fine, it's fine, it's just in an actual print environment, it's not right. It's not glaring, I see they're going for a look here, it just doesn't really mesh here, it's fine, I'm moving on. There are a few things like that that bother me. They used half-tone dots on the Vincent sling, but not in Jules' sling graphic. Maybe it's going to get aligned for production and they were just trying different ways for now."

If the angle of dots is the biggest issue , I think they're going alright .

#3949 11 months ago

Enjoying the view while having my morning coffee.

IMG_5879 (resized).jpegIMG_5879 (resized).jpeg
#3950 11 months ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Enjoying the view while having my morning coffee.
[quoted image]

I’m with you. I find myself often looking at photos and checking to see if there are any new videos or streams of this game. One could say I’m excited, but one could also say I need a life. I’d argue with neither.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,399 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Trade
Machine - For Sale
Romeoville, IL
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Frisco, TX
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,967 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 140.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pulp-fiction-hype-thread-/page/79?hl=knackers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.