200w (12).gif
dc0aba7ce7e4c1b48559e4f43cf3c2ea.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
20240418_122418 (resized).jpg
20240418_122338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1636 (resized).jpeg
20240409_134125 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,095 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 142.
#3851 1 year ago

Here’s a pic of the back of the shirt. Sharing strictly for educational purposes.

286698F6-7F56-4D1B-BEB3-B9B69BAF7166 (resized).jpeg286698F6-7F56-4D1B-BEB3-B9B69BAF7166 (resized).jpeg
#3852 1 year ago

Just put it on redbubble.

#3853 1 year ago

Probably going to print up a run of shirts looking for opinions if anyone's interested. Definitely going with MadPole's graphics but throwing around two sayings.
Opt. 1
Pinball Mother Fucker, do you play it!
Opt. 2
Slam tilt one more time Mother Fucker I dare you!
Opt. 3
Either opt. 1 or 2 w/o Mother Fucker, replacing with Bad Mother Flipper or putting Bad Mother Flipper on the back of the shirt.
Front- Pinball Do you play it!
Back- Bad Mother Flipper
or
Front- Pinball Mother Flipper do you play it! Etc.....

#3854 1 year ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

Probably going to print up a run of shirts looking for opinions if anyone's interested. Definitely going with MadPole's graphics but throwing around two sayings.
Opt. 1
Opt. 2
Opt. 3
Either opt. 1 or 2 w/o Mother Fucker, replacing with Bad Mother Flipper or putting Bad Mother Flipper on the back of the shirt.
Back- Bad Mother Flipper
or

I would vote option #3. Bad Mother Flipper on the back and Do you Play it? on the front pocket area.
T-shirts should have it on the back (IMO)

#3855 1 year ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I would vote option #3. Bad Mother Flipper on the back and Do you Play it? on the front pocket area.
T-shirts should have it on the back (IMO)

Same. I am in for a large if its made in USA, anywhere else XXL. lol

#3856 1 year ago

Got a chance to talk with Butch and Mark during PinBrew... great bunch of guys and an absolutely fantastic playing game.

I can't wait to get in our PF (SE Chrome version) and set it up at our arcade for everyone to enjoy.
(I just wish I could put it on adult mode) lol

#3857 1 year ago

Definitely Option 1 Mother Fucker

#3858 1 year ago

played at pinbrew this weekend. what a fun game. really enjoyed it.

#3859 1 year ago

I don't believe QT and Bruce had a falling out. I think the reason he was taken off was more than likely something to do with getting more approval from him. And he's really sick right now so it's possible they didnt want to bother his family. Here's a recent interview with QT. On it he talks fondly over how Bruce was wanting to be in his movie. At the end of the story he says Bruce is a great guy and he seems very genuine. The whole interview is great but the Bruce story starts at around the 20 min mark if you are interested

#3860 1 year ago

Watched Repo Man for the first time in decades. Didn’t like it when I was young but enjoyed it a lot now. A clear influence on PF and Reservoir Dogs. Especially the mysterious contents of the car trunk and the 5 way Mexican stand off. Give it a whirl!

#3861 1 year ago

Pulp is on syfy right now. Prob not good without language.

#3862 1 year ago

The edited version sucks. TV miss.

#3863 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Watched Repo Man for the first time in decades. Didn’t like it when I was young but enjoyed it a lot now. A clear influence on PF and Reservoir Dogs. Especially the mysterious contents of the car trunk and the 5 way Mexican stand off. Give it a whirl!

Besides the Sex Pistols which is a different story Repo Man was my introduction ro punk

#3864 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Besides the Sex Pistols which is a different story Repo Man was my introduction ro punk

Punk eh?

Wonder how many other things we have in common?

#3865 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Punk eh?
Wonder how many other things we have in common?

Frenzal Rhomb still around down under?

#3866 1 year ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

I don't keep up with the bands mate sorry. Home all the time.

Industrial deafness, it's fucked being out when you can't talk to people. Some good pubs in the area that get good acts too, halfway tween Sydney and Brisbane.

#3867 1 year ago

I saw Pulp Fiction on a plane. It was about thirty minutes of friends eating cheeseburgers, dancing, and talking about the Bible. Super excited to get this pin!

#3868 1 year ago

I just rewatched Reservoir Dogs and True Romance. It’s interesting that the main characters name Alabama (I can’t remember any other character with this name except Mr White’s ex-partner in Dogs).

I really like True Romance had a lot of stars and the dialogue was great but I can’t help but think that if QT had directed it would have been great as well but different. The background characters like the cops (Chris Penn and Tom Sizemore) were too understated compared to Chris Penn in Dogs. However Gary Oldman steals the show.

#3869 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I just rewatched Reservoir Dogs and True Romance. It’s interesting that the main characters name Alabama (I can’t remember any other character with this name except Mr White’s ex-partner in Dogs).
I really like True Romance had a lot of stars and the dialogue was great but I can’t help but think that if QT had directed it would have been great as well but different. The background characters like the cops (Chris Penn and Tom Sizemore) were too understated compared to Chris Penn in Dogs. However Gary Oldman steals the show.

QT said true Romance is pretty faithful to the original script. The biggest differences is that the original went forward and back in time and the ending was changed.

#3870 1 year ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

I'm not sure but I haven't looked .
I have one of their CDs floating around .
I asked my wife do you know Frenzal Rhomb and she said " I used to stage dive during their concerts " , you learn something new everyday .

#3871 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

However Gary Oldman steals the show.

As he often does

#3872 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Watched Repo Man for the first time in decades. Didn’t like it when I was young but enjoyed it a lot now.

Best “F*ck You” ever delivered in cinema history! Never fails to make me laugh.

#3873 1 year ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

Opt. 1
Opt. 2
Opt. 3
Back- Bad Mother Flipper
or

Count me in on an option 1

#3874 1 year ago

I’d be in on a T-shirt with option 1. Can you put bad mother flipper on the back with “Pulp Fiction” on top of it?

#3875 1 year ago

I’m surprised we haven’t gotten a stream yet. Anyone heard anything?

#3876 1 year ago

Its rumored to be this wednesday on the Flip N Out channel

#3877 1 year ago

Anyone have a guess when these will be on the line and shipping out?

#3878 1 year ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Anyone have a guess when these will be on the line and shipping out?

The 12th of October .

#3879 1 year ago

Pulp Fiction plays like a Classic Bally while Bond 60th plays like a Classic Stern. Great seeing old school influences in newer games!

We just had Keith Elwin on our show and he tells his story of how he was inspired by several Classic Stern titles to come up with his design for Bond 60th.

We talk with him about his very early years and how he got started with pinball as a youth playing and fixing pinball and arcade games as well as all the 70's and 80's classic titles he played as well as the very early pinball tournaments prior to pinball tournaments being a thing around the time when Twilight Zone first came out:

The Classic Pinball Podcast #102 Keith Elwin

Downloadable here:
http://pinballdoctor.com/the-classic-pinball-podcast/
https://podbay.fm/podcast/1469743456
Accessible to stream via any of the links below:
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-classic-pinball-podcast/id1469743456
https://www.breaker.audio/the-classic-pinball-podcast
https://open.spotify.com/show/6JGvAzDFwCSJUwwWgBMCDd
https://radiopublic.com/the-classic-pinball-podcast-WR95kj
https://overcast.fm/itunes1469743456/the-classic-pinball-podcast

Enjoy!

David
https://www.youtube.com/@pinballdoctor/videos

#3880 1 year ago

Anyone had a chance to play the game yet? Wondering how well it verbally let's you know what to shoot for to progress.

Also... any word on online/wifi capabilities? Like stern insider? Scorbit?

#3881 1 year ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Anyone had a chance to play the game yet? Wondering how well it verbally let's you know what to shoot for to progress.
Also... any word on online/wifi capabilities? Like stern insider? Scorbit?

Read the past few pages. Many have played it, including myself at two different shows. There are no custom callouts that direct you at what to shoot at. It does a good job guiding you visually via lit targets on the playfield. There's also a stellar manual out that explains all the rules.

#3882 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Great flick! I made these shirts last year and while most people have no idea what the reference is the ones who know just give me a subtle nod of approval.

IMG_5045 (resized).jpegIMG_5045 (resized).jpeg
#3883 1 year ago

I laughably asked my distributor to keep me in mind for a CE should any become available (I ordered an SE). He cordially replied back: Um, sure.

At that moment, I felt like Patrick Bateman trying to get a reservation at Dorcia.

#3884 1 year ago

I’m not going anywhere without a reservation.

#3885 1 year ago

Gotta go. I have some video tapes to return.

#3886 1 year ago

Love the pin it's really my top movie theme, just wish it had some more music, was just watching Ted Lasso and they were in Amsterdam and they had an USA theme restaurant and were playing this song. just wish they could have more songs from the film.

#3887 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Love the pin it's really my top movie theme, just wish it had some more music, was just watching Ted Lasso and they were in Amsterdam and they had an USA theme restaurant and were playing this song. just wish they could have more songs from the film.

Like a wax museum with a pulse.

#3888 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m not going anywhere without a reservation.

Quoted from tomdrum:

Gotta go. I have some video tapes to return.

YES! YES! I’m glad I’m not the only weirdo that connects with random esoteric references. Thank you!

#3889 1 year ago

You guys are just random quoting movie dialogue lines?

#3890 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Yes they are.

And its pretty …. “Funny.”

#3891 1 year ago
Quoted from matt68061:

Yes they are.
And its pretty awesome.

Hoke, I thought of you the other day on the expressway. I saw an Avondale Milk truck. Monster of a thing, must have had about sixteen wheels.

Awesome eh?

awesome
[ aw-suhm ]

adjective
causing or inducing awe; inspiring an overwhelming feeling of reverence, admiration, or fear:
an awesome sight.
exhibiting or marked by awe; showing reverence, admiration, or fear

So are you overwhelmed with admiration, reverence or fear?

#3892 1 year ago
Quoted from prl867:

I laughably asked my distributor to keep me in mind for a CE should any become available (I ordered an SE). He cordially replied back: Um, sure.

At that moment, I felt like Patrick Bateman trying to get a reservation at Dorcia.

Very astute movie / dialogue reference in light of the response from your distro (I assume the tone and tenor of the response was similar to the that of the employee at Dorcia responding to Bateman's request of a same day reservation)...

#3893 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Hoke, I thought of you the other day on the expressway. I saw an Avondale Milk truck. Monster of a thing, must have had about sixteen wheels.
Awesome eh?
awesome
[ aw-suhm ]
adjective
causing or inducing awe; inspiring an overwhelming feeling of reverence, admiration, or fear:
an awesome sight.
exhibiting or marked by awe; showing reverence, admiration, or fear
So are you overwhelmed with admiration, reverence or fear?

Apologies for using the incorrect adjective Boolie…

Wasnt putting much thought into it. Will try to do better.

#3894 1 year ago
Quoted from matt68061:

Apologies for using the incorrect adjective Boolie…
Wasnt putting much thought into it. Will try to do better.

Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

#3895 1 year ago

It seems like we really need a game play stream/video...

#3896 1 year ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Cat dead, details later

#3897 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

American Psycho. You need to watch it.

#3898 1 year ago

I'm good thanks.

Don't fuck with your brain, pal. It ain't worth it.

#3899 1 year ago
Quoted from prl867:

I felt like Patrick Bateman trying to get a reservation at Dorcia.

One of my other favorite movies. Still grinding through the book. It feels half like reading a luxury clothing store catalog.

#3900 1 year ago

I loved the book, did not like the movie, but i take your point. It’s like the part where Patrick is getting pissed off when he flashes his new business card and everyone at the table has one better than his… the descriptions are minute and it goes on for longer than you think it should, but when that section was done, I went back and reread it, as I suddenly realized it was genius, the “shallow” clothing descriptions and designer name dropping eventually kind of brings the picture into focus, the character and the setting, the character IN the setting, it’s all kind of perfectly done.

Anyway, I’m with tiltmonster

Quoted from tiltmonster:

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Francisco, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Trade
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

7,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
There are 7,095 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 142.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pulp-fiction-hype-thread-/page/78?hl=ray-dude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.