IMG_1608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1594 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3525 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3519 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8118 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8117 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8122 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,999 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 140.
#3801 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

What did he end up streaming?
I'll have a chance to play some more at Pinbrew tomorrow, a historically smaller event than TPF and MGC. If anyone wants specific pictures/video let me know. Hoping we can get adult mode turned on after dark.

Even though he was on the twitch schedule to stream Tue-Thurs I have not seen any content this week. He probably a little busy right now.

#3802 1 year ago

is there a decent stream of this game anywhere?

#3803 1 year ago

Or those people that don't know the playfield glass can actually be removed

#3804 1 year ago
Quoted from Roon:

Or those people that don't know the playfield glass can actually be removed

Or older games the head can be removed to make transport easier.

LTG : )

#3805 1 year ago
Quoted from Jagrmaister:

Mirror blades like the LE and the shaker. Call this one as good as done.

My exact thought. I want these two

#3806 1 year ago

A buddy of mine high res printed this and got it signed for me. How cool.

69A5A24F-41F6-4160-807F-0438D90B5EAE (resized).jpeg69A5A24F-41F6-4160-807F-0438D90B5EAE (resized).jpeg
#3807 1 year ago

Great time with PF at Pinbrew! They had two SEs. Finally played uncensored and it really amplified my excitement to get mine. Talked to Butch for a bit. He said the manual that is online is just a snippet of what comes with the machine.

A86C27CF-588E-432A-BB26-2E723348574C (resized).jpegA86C27CF-588E-432A-BB26-2E723348574C (resized).jpegC6892028-D7F4-46B9-A0AF-95BBFF52E049 (resized).jpegC6892028-D7F4-46B9-A0AF-95BBFF52E049 (resized).jpeg
#3808 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Great time with PF at Pinbrew! They had two SEs. Finally played uncensored and it really amplified my excitement to get mine. Talked to Butch for a bit. He said the manual that is online is just a snippet of what comes with the machine.
[quoted image][quoted image]

This is awesome but what catches my eye is that MMr next to the PF's. Does that mean...

#3809 1 year ago

Ha! There was a CCr on the other side. Not sure if CGC brought those or they were from attendees.

#3810 1 year ago

Fun machine, love the adult mode! Got a few games on the se @ Pinbrew.
Nice show and great meeting Mark & Butch too. Can't wait for my LE!
English MF do u speak it lol

#3811 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Quick question…
Are there custom call outs for PF pinball and by whom?
Thx for any reply in advance.

#3812 1 year ago
Quoted from PBhead:

Fun machine, love the adult mode! Got a few games on the se @ Pinbrew.
Nice show and great meeting Mark & Butch too. Can't wait for my LE!
English MF do u speak it lol

That would be so perfect on a quick-drain ball save :
“ It’s called pinball motherfucker - do you play it ?! “

#3813 1 year ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Quick question…

From what I've heard , it's just lines from the movie .

#3814 1 year ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Quick question…

250+ iconic lines from 19 legendary characters

#3815 1 year ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Mark Ritchie is the voice of "The Director" in the game.

#3816 1 year ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

That's cool .

#3817 1 year ago
Quoted from PBhead:

250+ iconic lines from 19 legendary characters

ifpapinball
Are one of those legendary characters “the little person” from Jack Rabbit Slim’s?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Roventini

#3818 1 year ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

That is awesome! Besides the callouts for this mode, everything else I’ve heard are just lines from the movie. Don’t worry though, they did not hold back on the selection.

I think any of these that end up on location will be in censored mode, unless it’s a place that always ID’s at the door. Feels like a liability to have a game a kid can access that says, “Tell that f’ing b*tch to shut the F up!”.

Like I said, playing uncensored really solidified me being happy about my pre-order! Also the wife had a great game and left with a smile and thumbs up on it taking a line up spot.

#3819 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

That is awesome! Besides the callouts for this mode, everything else I’ve heard are just lines from the movie. Don’t worry though, they did not hold back on the selection.
I think any of these that end up on location will be in censored mode, unless it’s a place that always ID’s at the door. Feels like a liability to have a game a kid can access that says, “Tell that f’ing b*tch to shut the F up!”.
Like I said, playing uncensored really solidified me being happy about my pre-order! Also the wife had a great game and left with a smile and thumbs up on it taking a line up spot.

Other than the callouts, was it fun to play? Any impressions on gameplay or shots or modes?

#3820 1 year ago

I think it’s a blast. The in-line drops are a challenge. As well as the Roll Scene shot. I had 5 characters lit on a single ball, and just had to hit the Roll Scene/Collect Character saucer to get them, all but drained. Had the blood flowing!

Definitely can see there’s modes I haven’t even scraped the surface on, including Big Kahuna and the watch.

If you like Marks other games (Taxi and Diner specifically stand out), then you’ll enjoy this game. It’s definitely an old school style game in a modern package. To me, I think that’s worth the cost versus buying one of his Systems 11’s instead.

#3821 1 year ago

Want to also note that I think there has been a code update done, as the gun shot sounds from the pops are now the gun shots from the movie intro, and not the silencer style sounds I heard at TPF

#3822 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

I think it’s a blast. The in-line drops are a challenge. As well as the Roll Scene shot. I had 5 characters lit on a single ball, and just had to hit the Roll Scene/Collect Character saucer to get them, all but drained. Had the blood flowing!
Definitely can see there’s modes I haven’t even scraped the surface on, including Big Kahuna and the watch.
If you like Marks other games (Taxi and Diner specifically stand out), then you’ll enjoy this game. It’s definitely an old school style game in a modern package. To me, I think that’s worth the cost versus buying one of his Systems 11’s instead.

Is it like Taxi in that yuo have to get everything on each ball and it doesn't carry over?

That is so frustrating. On a great, once a year game i've completed passengers twice, but usually nowhere near a completion. Took all the fun out of it for me and Taxi went.

#3823 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

I'll have mine on adult mode.

Through the years when I had the Bill Paxton pin, with suggestive movie call outs. That one got some complaints. BBB has had one complaint. However my walking Dead with Cleland software from the series and not Stern's people, which is rather raunchy and dirty, I've yet to hear one complaint, and Negan's voice is quite explicit.

My BBB which is more suggestive than vulgar, the one man that complained, and he had two sons with him around 19 years old, I told him his sons already heard worse on the new today. And you are in an arcade, not a church.

#3824 1 year ago

Have you had a Rob Zombie there Lloyd. It would be the closest i reckon (i have cleland in my TWD too). And it has Sheri's titties in it, as well as a pair of balls getting snipped off with scissors.

#3825 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Have you had a Rob Zombie there Lloyd.

No.

#3826 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Is it like Taxi in that yuo have to get everything on each ball and it doesn't carry over?

There's a chance to hold your collected characters if you hit the Hold Cast target when lit (just like Taxi).

Otherwise yes, your characters reset at the start of the next ball.

#3827 1 year ago

Just put a sign on it that it’s rated r and has language, don’t like it don’t play and you’ll be fine.

I have kids and will have on adult. They hear things and know not to repeat it.

#3828 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'll have mine on adult mode.
Through the years when I had the Bill Paxton pin, with suggestive movie call outs. That one got some complaints. BBB has had one complaint. However my walking Dead with Cleland software from the series and not Stern's people, which is rather raunchy and dirty, I've yet to hear one complaint, and Negan's voice is quite explicit.
My BBB which is more suggestive than vulgar, the one man that complained, and he had two sons with him around 19 years old, I told him his sons already heard worse on the new today. And you are in an arcade, not a church.

I hope to pay a visit to your place one day, Lloyd!

And to follow up on my previous comment about the gunshots, Butch confirmed this was updated and that David is still doing additional changes/adjustments on it.

#3829 1 year ago

I sold off all my pins and rebooted my new small game room. I have room for 4 pins. I own Alien now and have the PFLE on order. I think I want to go old school-reboot on the next 2.

Redo the reboot of Mars Attack and MM.

Thoughts?

#3830 1 year ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Redo the reboot of Mars Attack and MM.

Thoughts?

Either would make a nice addition to your collection. Both would be awesome, though I think I'd get one or the other and the CCR.

#3831 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Either would make a nice addition to your collection. Both would be awesome, though I think I'd get one or the other and the CCR.

Yeah I do like CCR. I can go wild on some mods. LOL.

#3832 1 year ago

Bored and watching youtube.

This video came up with some shelia talking about Tarantino.
It's not PF, but the whole giant dildo thing is pretty funny.

AndGogoIsInItPunkin

#3833 1 year ago

When are the LE’s on the line?

#3834 1 year ago
Quoted from Hulk7979:

When are the LE’s on the line?

If anyone knows that they are from the future so get some stock tips from them and who the next president is going to be.

#3835 1 year ago

My buddy who’s at the show said blew up the game with almost 2 milly and he absolutely loved it. Said it plays a lot faster that an older SS game and it’s upper easy to follow and know what to shoot. He said it had a great feel and is easy enough for someone to pick up and enjoy but also deep for a real player. (He plays in tourneys and hangs with those buffalo pinball guys).

Bottom line is he now wants to sell his Deadpool and order a Pulp. He totally didn’t expect that and said it was his surprise of the show.

#3836 1 year ago

deadpool-oh-no.gifdeadpool-oh-no.gif

#3837 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

As mostly 40 and 50 year old men we take for granted people know what a pinball machine is and how to play. So many people who grew up in the 2000's never saw one anywhere so it's probably not that surprising.
I assume now that most people under 30 have likely never played or seen a pin.

It might surprise you to know how many of us are over 60. We were a lucky pinball generation for sure. As teenagers in 1972, we played EMs upon release like Bally Fireball, dubbed by Playboy magazine as the greatest pinball machine of all time.

A few years later, in 1976, we were flipping phenomenol machines like Bally Old Chicago and Gottlieb Strange World in 1978. The seventies was THE decade of pinball. Arguably, the seventies is the vibe sought by Tarantino in the Pulp Fiction film.

This Pulp Fiction retro pinball design very much speaks to us old-timers.

#3838 1 year ago

And then there's guys like me who never played pinball until 4 or 5 years ago. Same age, same love of the era. No pinball connection.

#3839 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Wonder where I can buy one of these PF-pinball t-shirts ?

#3840 1 year ago
Quoted from Roon:

I was thinking of printing some up, but my lady was saying I might catch shit on the intellectual property premise. I was going to ask MadPole if I could borrow his design?!

#3841 1 year ago
Quoted from ZNET:

It might surprise you to know how many of us are over 60. We were a lucky pinball generation for sure. As teenagers in 1972, we played EMs upon release like Bally Fireball, dubbed by Playboy magazine as the greatest pinball machine of all time.
A few years later, in 1976, we were flipping phenomenol machines like Bally Old Chicago and Gottlieb Strange World in 1978. The seventies was THE decade of pinball. Arguably, the seventies is the vibe sought by Tarantino in the Pulp Fiction film.
This Pulp Fiction retro pinball design very much speaks to us old-timers.

Absolutely true - good point.

I'm 53 and a lot of those single level EMs were around in the late 70s and early 80s. I played a lot of them when I was a kid.

#3842 1 year ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

I was thinking of printing some up, but my lady was saying I might catch shit on the intellectual property premise. I was going to ask MadPole if I could borrow his design?!

I would take 2 and donate to expenses.

#3843 1 year ago
Quoted from Roon:

Yeah seems some nice extra profits selling 500 or more shirts. Free advertising. $20 each is 10k . I would buy 2.

#3844 1 year ago

I am in. HAHA

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3845 1 year ago

I was told you had to help make the machine to get one of those shirts

#3846 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

I was told you had to help make the machine to get one of those shirts

That makes sense. Hollywood does that with jackets and stuff for cast members.

#3847 1 year ago

Anyone on Etsy could make that shirt for you. Common graphic just add pinball.

#3848 1 year ago

The last few posts have me wondering about some statistics. If I could add a poll I would.

Of everyone here that is in for a PF game (LE or SE), what are the ages of the buyers? I’m curious to know if this game is more geared toward a certain age demographic other than the stereotypical pinball fans consisting of mainly “old white guys” (Gary Sterns words, not mine).

I’m 45. Graduated HS in 1996 and saw PF in the theater in ‘94. Ordered an SE for home use.

#3849 1 year ago
Quoted from prl867:

Of everyone here that is in for a PF game (LE or SE), what are the ages of the buyers?

Age when you put down the deposit or age when the game finally shows up on your doorstep?

#3850 1 year ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

Talking with my shirt printer now, pm me with interests and shirt sizes.

Quoted from MadPole:

I made this for my own personal use.
Not for sale!
[quoted image]

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Trade
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Frisco, TX
7,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,999 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 140.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pulp-fiction-hype-thread-/page/77?hl=ulekstore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.