200w (12).gif
dc0aba7ce7e4c1b48559e4f43cf3c2ea.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
20240418_122418 (resized).jpg
20240418_122338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1636 (resized).jpeg
20240409_134125 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 142.
#3751 1 year ago
Quoted from schudel5:

How about Zed and the Gimp pop up from the playfield like the trolls in MM. When you defeat them..."Zed is dead, baby! Zed is dead."

Take my money!

#3752 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

That being said, all other LE models come with anti-glare glass these days.

Not on CGC remakes.

LTG : )

#3753 1 year ago
Quoted from roar:

I pick a shaker motor on the SE… I also like the banner… other than that… I’ll continue my stance of mods do nothing for me, particularly on this game, it appears to have the right amount of plastic molded ‘stuff’. Any more and it is going to start to look like a twilight zone.

Mirror blades like the LE and the shaker. Call this one as good as done.

#3754 1 year ago

Yep, i'm not into dolls either.

I know i'm suppossed to say action figures if a boy is playing with them, but i can't be fucked.

#3755 1 year ago

I have a shaker in my AFM remake that I want yo take out and put here assuming it’s compatible.
Shaker does next to nothing in AFM.

#3756 1 year ago

Ball gag shooter rod.

Haven’t bought a ball bag to make one yet because I don’t want to kink up my Amazon “recommended for you” yet. I only just got it tailored to my own personal preferences!

#3757 1 year ago

A short katana like sword similar to Butch’s mounted over the shooter lane (sorta like Halloween) may look alright.

#3758 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Ball gag shooter rod.
Haven’t bought a ball bag to make one yet because I don’t want to kink up my Amazon “recommended for you” yet. I only just got it to my only personal preferences!

Lol make sure to be the first one to get to the delivery guy lol

#3759 1 year ago

Player must wear leather chaps while playing it, or else …

#3760 1 year ago

Small baggie of heroin. Or I guess baking powder for the Puritans out there

#3761 1 year ago

It's got one too many toys in it already.

If someone comes up with a replacement for the half chewed hamburger I'm all ears.

Otherwise, pinsound if it needs it, and done.

#3762 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Player must wear leather chaps while playing it, or else …

Oh, how we celebrate rape, eh?

#3763 1 year ago

What about a Chopper with the Z key ring instead of the Royale with Cheese? It may fit with Butch's plastic...

#3764 1 year ago

Adrenaline needle sculpt?

I think the cheeseburger is my favorite sculpt in the game

#3765 1 year ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

What about a Chopper with the Z key ring instead of the Royale with Cheese? It may fit with Butch's plastic...

That would work. Just a plastic to cover the space would be fine.

#3766 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Not on CGC remakes.

Thats my point. All "other" ... except Spooky.

#3767 1 year ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

What do you all think....the LE only has the mirror blades, Shaker and Topper. I think they should have added something else to make it more appealing as in, Invisiglass or something.

Don't agree at all. I think the LE was configured perfectly. Including a Promotional Banner is pretty rare...usually getting these out of Stern (even if you pay!) is difficult. The extended warranty is also a great perk. Here is the full list in all its glory.

Image 4-7-23 at 7.20 PM (resized).jpgImage 4-7-23 at 7.20 PM (resized).jpg

#3768 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Lol make sure to be the first one to get to the delivery guy lol

The shaker rocks in AFMr when you destroy a saucer!

#3769 1 year ago

Time to call Lior. HAHA

#3770 1 year ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

I dont care for it to be honest

#3771 1 year ago

And start saving!

#3772 1 year ago

Hell yes it does!.Rocks the best when you Conquer Mars! A must have for this game.

We are going to get a shaker for our Pulp Fiction when it turns up... Hopefully sometime in the next 12 months.

#3773 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Hell yes it does!.Rocks the best when you Conquer Mars! A must have for this game.
We are going to get a shaker for our Pulp Fiction when it turns up... Hopefully sometime in the next 12 months.

Do we know if it is the same style shaker? Stock CGC?

#3774 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

324B13CF-953E-45AD-BC3D-19FC24A334E4 (resized).jpeg324B13CF-953E-45AD-BC3D-19FC24A334E4 (resized).jpeg
#3775 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Is that Panda from Mexico, Bava or Choco from the Hartz Mountains of Germany?
I heard PF standard Edition is getting a bag of the Panda included with the game and the LE will be getting a bag of the Choco included with it.. “it’s a mad man!”

When you buy the LE you’re going to know where the money went!

86F736BE-F3D0-4502-AC29-4AA5D63D785A.gif86F736BE-F3D0-4502-AC29-4AA5D63D785A.gif

#3776 1 year ago

Do we know if it is the same style shaker? Stock CGC?

No clue yet. I will ask our distro when the game is shipped. We are in Australia so we are normally last!

#3777 1 year ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Is that Panda from Mexico, Bava or Choco from the Hartz Mountains of Germany?
I heard PF standard Edition is getting a bag of the Panda included with the game and the LE will be getting a bag of the Choco included with it.. “it’s a mad man!”
When you buy the LE you’re going to know where the money went!

[quoted image]

Had a chronic walk up telling me, she had to cut her hand open. I asked why? She said that she had to get the spiders out!

#3778 1 year ago

Stupid hypothetical:

What would Pulp Fiction Pinball look like if Steve Ritchie designed it versus Mark?

Going a step further, Pat Lawlor instead?

If Steve Ritchie is King of Flow, what is Mark?

I love IJ TPA and FT, and ordered a PF SE.

Just wanting to hear sone educated pontifications.

#3779 1 year ago
Quoted from prl867:

Stupid hypothetical:
What would Pulp Fiction Pinball look like if Steve Ritchie designed it versus Mark?

Lawlor doesn’t know how to design a game without ramps, so it would probably have a side ramp from an upper flipper.

Steve would have a fairly similar layout to this I feel. It would’ve had fast orbits with a spinner at one or the other probably. Line of drops on one side probably. Like Flash. Multiple ball lock saucers like Firepower.

#3780 1 year ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

If you could pick on mod what would it be??

Id go for the mini TV , you could show Captain kangaroo or the movie clips .
Even has that retro look .

IMG_20230408_222710 (resized).jpgIMG_20230408_222710 (resized).jpg
#3781 1 year ago

I’m curious what a Pat Lawlor single level would look like. I think without ramps, it would rely on lateral shots and upper flippers. And then stuff like a spinner in front of a saucer

#3782 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I’m curious what a Pat Lawlor single level would look like. I think without ramps, it would rely on lateral shots and upper flippers. And then stuff like a spinner in front of a saucer

Could have some interesting magnet use to setup an upper flipper shot too. That could also be a Steve Ritchie move too.

#3783 1 year ago
Quoted from prl867:

Stupid hypothetical:

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Lawlor doesn’t know how to design a game without ramps, so it would probably have a side ramp from an upper flipper.
Steve would have a fairly similar layout to this I feel. It would’ve had fast orbits with a spinner at one or the other probably. Line of drops on one side probably. Like Flash. Multiple ball lock saucers like Firepower.

Quoted from TreyBo69:

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Could have some interesting magnet use to setup an upper flipper shot too. That could also be a Steve Ritchie move too.

This is why I keep coming back to Pinside.

#3784 1 year ago

How long since those hands have seen a bar of soap?

#3785 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

How long since those hands have seen a bar of soap?

My brother said the same thing!
The maintenance guy at my job is holding that. He’s black. Mystery solved.

#3786 1 year ago

A single level Lawlor would also feature a lot of pops jets (6 or so) with some shots through them

#3787 1 year ago

Happy Easter pulp fiction bros.

tmp.giftmp.gif
#3788 1 year ago

Sharing this video of the Amusement Expo you'll see all the latest and greatest video games, arcades, amusement attractions. Stern - Tank Force and Pulp Fiction are featured. NO LINES to play these games. In the future you should consider going because you can get right on the games.

Anyway you can check out the video. The only pinball company not there was Jersey Jack.

#3789 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Id go for the mini TV , you could show Captain kangaroo or the movie clips .
Even has that retro look .
[quoted image]

Or Clutch Cargo

tv_clutch (resized).jpgtv_clutch (resized).jpg
#3790 1 year ago

Sounds like Jack Danger is streaming a TBA game on Wednesday... maybe PF?

#3791 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Sounds like Jack Danger is streaming a TBA game on Wednesday... maybe PF?

What did he end up streaming?

I'll have a chance to play some more at Pinbrew tomorrow, a historically smaller event than TPF and MGC. If anyone wants specific pictures/video let me know. Hoping we can get adult mode turned on after dark.

#3792 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

If anyone wants specific pictures/video let me know. Hoping we can get adult mode turned on after dark.

Probably impossible but I'd love to be able to hear it properly for at least 2 to 3 minutes .

#3793 1 year ago

Just listened to Butch Peel on the Loserkid podcast, and as usual, the man proves himself one of the greatest ambassadors for pinball we could hope for. Two particular tidbits I thought we’d all like to hear:

1. Production. Dates not provided but he did repeat the “Q3” timeframe we’ve all been hearing. He did give an order though: first they want to run some operator games with the modern DBV-capable coin doors to get them into the world. Then a batch of vintage coin door SEs to make sure they have all the kinks ironed out. Then the whole run of LEs, then back to finish up the SEs.

2. Butch likes Diet Coke, so if you see him at Pinbrew this week, buy him one for me!

Another funny thing he said was that lots of people had a hard time figuring out how to start a game with the vintage style coin door and the little button. Even though they illuminated it. Makes sense. So be ready to help your friends find the start button over and over when you get your game!

#3794 1 year ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

Just listened to Butch Peel on the Loserkid podcast, and as usual, the man proves himself one of the greatest ambassadors for pinball we could hope for. Two particular tidbits I thought we’d all like to hear:
1. Production. Dates not provided but he did repeat the “Q3” timeframe we’ve all been hearing. He did give an order though: first they want to run some operator games with the modern DBV-capable coin doors to get them into the world. Then a batch of vintage coin door SEs to make sure they have all the kinks ironed out. Then the whole run of LEs, then back to finish up the SEs.
2. Butch likes Diet Coke, so if you see him at Pinbrew this week, buy him one for me!
Another funny thing he said was that lots of people had a hard time figuring out how to start a game with the vintage style coin door and the little button. Even though they illuminated it. Makes sense. So be ready to help your friends find the start button over and over when you get your game!

Good info. Hoping I got my SE order in early enough to get one from that pre LE batch. I don't mind kinks as long as they can get worked out!

#3795 1 year ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

My Gottlieb Pinball Pool has a similar start button position on the coin door.

Seems at least once a day someone needs help. Push flipper buttons, push coin return rod. But don't think to push the GREEN plastic button on a silver coin door.

#3796 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

What did he end up streaming?
I'll have a chance to play some more at Pinbrew tomorrow, a historically smaller event than TPF and MGC. If anyone wants specific pictures/video let me know. Hoping we can get adult mode turned on after dark.

I'm always fiending for new video of gameplay in general!

#3797 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

My Gottlieb Pinball Pool has a similar start button position on the coin door.
Seems at least once a day someone needs help. Push flipper buttons, push coin return rod. But don't think to push the GREEN plastic button on a silver coin door.

It never seizes to amaze me how often I see people struggling to start a game or hitting a manual plunger instead of pulling it.

#3798 1 year ago
Quoted from Bundy:

It never seizes to amaze me how often I see people struggling to start a game or hitting a manual plunger instead of pulling it.

As mostly 40 and 50 year old men we take for granted people know what a pinball machine is and how to play. So many people who grew up in the 2000's never saw one anywhere so it's probably not that surprising.

I assume now that most people under 30 have likely never played or seen a pin.

#3799 1 year ago
Quoted from Bundy:

I saw a whole family trying to play Stranger Things by hitting the action button to flip. They thought it was broken and the balls kept draining. I showed them the buttons on the SIDES.

#3800 1 year ago
Quoted from Bundy:

or my brother in law using the START button to speed up a game after draining ball 1, to only ADD 3 more players... even though I have explained to him at least 10 times how to use the start button (or not use it)...

Cringe.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Francisco, CA
7,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
There are 7,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 142.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pulp-fiction-hype-thread-/page/76?hl=ripit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.