IMG_2914 (resized).jpg
IMG_2913 (resized).jpg
IMG_2915 (resized).jpg
IMG_1608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1594 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3525 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3519 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,045 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 141.
#3701 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

There were plenty of LEs available the day of and the next morning. No VIP status required. It was a short window. Sold out in <24 hours.

Maybe all distributors in the country I tried my 2 "local" ones and they were sold out before 4 pm, was put on a list thinking they may have a larger allocation but did not. All good, I'll keep my SE and hopefully I'll enjoy it as long as I have my other games. I can install my own mirror blades and shaker motor and honestly, from the few game play videos the topper is hardly shown so I hope I won't miss the topper too much.

#3702 1 year ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

Interesting stuff. I’d only bought one nib before and that was months after it was revealed, so I’m just ignorant. I guess different manufactures do their own thing. Someone else just told me that some distros sent a VIP email out to repeat customers so they can secure an LE before others. The lens through which I view the system is besmirched with the dough of people with Monopoly money for disposable income. I’m not saying anything is right or wrong, I just didn’t understand how it worked. Thanks for the answers people!

Yeah, it's a two edged sword.

On one hand, repeat customers should get some preference.

On the other, with such limited quantities coming into Australia (often only 10 or 20 CE's), 80 LE's i believe in this case, with people in the know being able to order on a rumour years out, the machines available on release day of CE's or LE's for us that wait for reveal day may be zero.

I know where i stand, but i see the other side too.

#3703 1 year ago

I secured a LE a few days after reveal, but I also hit up nearly every distributor and then it was a few more days before actual confirmation. So it was doable if you left no stone unturned.

But I also knew I needed to lock in before TPF to have a chance

Some LEs will probably open up when the wait sinks in

#3704 1 year ago

PFLE was probably interesting for people whose normal distro doesn’t have CGC titles

#3705 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

And now that I think about it more, Spooky has to announced their sales window because of the whole Fang Club thing. Besides the random tchotchkes you get, the whole point of their club is being able to order before non-members (not that membership guarantees you the chance to order). TNA CE and Scooby where the first times the fan club didn't gobble them all up before sales opened to non-club-members

And then there’s the American Pinball strategy where no one actually knows when the game has launched or whether it’s on sale yet. Is it?

#3706 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

On the other, with such limited quantities coming into Australia (often only 10 or 20 CE's), 80 LE's i believe in this case, with people in the know being able to order on a rumour years out, the machines available on release day of CE's or LE's for us that wait for reveal day may be zero.

Yep, I can see both sides. In a way it’s the nature of the hobby when it’s so hot. I mean the alternative is a lottery system, but that’d probably get rigged somehow.

I won’t go into my feelings on releasing half-coded games and getting to it when they get to it, but it might be nice if a game is announced, gameplay shown, featurerettes released, production plans given, and a month later, orders start. And during that time they can work on the code! Sure there are a couple of hitches in that logic but you know, just a little more “buy this product” instead of “buy your desires!”

#3707 1 year ago

Yep. Definitely a different kettle of fish to order some NIB here in OZ. We do not get a chance to play them at any sites prior to ordering due to limited quantities available to us here. So some games you got to jump on while you can to get one. If you wait for them to be available on resale you will definitely pay over NIB pricing if half decent game. And at almost $20k for a NiB here. You definitely want it to be a great game.

Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Any Aussie PF LE buyers receive their 'confirmation' email from the Aus distro?

Quoted from punkin:

#3708 1 year ago
Quoted from Sandman454:

Yep. Definitely a different kettle of fish to order some NIB here in OZ. We do not get a chance to play them at any sites prior to ordering due to limited quantities available to us here. So some games you got to jump on while you can to get one. If you wait for them to be available on resale you will definitely pay over NIB pricing if half decent game. And at almost $20k for a NiB here. You definitely want it to be a great game.

Exactly, it’s uncommon to be able to play a new release before ordering. Stern usually do a number of runs so you can get in on a 2nd run and play a title first
JJP you can sometimes play the game at the distributor if you live in Melbourne but you’re stuffed if you don’t
The other manufacturers you have zero chance to play before you order

#3709 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Exactly, it’s uncommon to be able to play a new release before ordering. Stern usually do a number of runs so you can get in on a 2nd run and play a title first
JJP you can sometimes play the game at the distributor if you live in Melbourne but you’re stuffed if you don’t
The other manufacturers you have zero chance to play before you order

I'm fortunate to have all the distributors only about 10- 20 minutes from my house .
I played GNR after about a month after it being out and went back a couple times to decide if i wanted it and just recently played The Godfather before I decided on that .
I think anyone on pinside would have known Pulp Fiction was coming and if that theme interested you , you would've of put your name on a list and once you saw it , you could decide if you wanted it or not .

#3710 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I'm fortunate to have all the distributors only about 10- 20 minutes from my house .
I played GNR after about a month after it being out and went back a couple times to decide if i wanted it and just recently played The Godfather before I decided on that .
I think anyone on pinside would have known Pulp Fiction was coming and if that theme interested you , you would've of put your name on a list and once you saw it , you could decide if you wanted it or not .

I didn't know.

I mean i saw it on wish lists along with a hundred other titles. But i didn't know it was coming.

And being someone who never buys on theme alone i would never put my name down on a game without seeing it first.

GnR as soon as the first trailer with that sheila playing it came out, i was in. Got me in the first container, but it was on release day. But i hate the band.

It would have been the same with this for me. Pulp Fiction as a theme is half cool, but it's not enough to make me order. Once i saw the machine i was in love though.

#3711 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

I didn't know.
I mean i saw it on wish lists along with a hundred other titles. But i didn't know it was coming.
And being someone who never buys on theme alone i would never put my name down on a game without seeing it first.
GnR as soon as the first trailer with that sheila playing it came out, i was in. Got me in the first container, but it was on release day. But i hate the band.
It would have been the same with this for me. Pulp Fiction as a theme is half cool, but it's not enough to make me order. Once i saw the machine i was in love though.

You have to be on the ball to get the hot titles , especially the LE's and CE's .
I knew when Rick and Morty was going to go on sale but I couldn't afford it , but if you didn't know , you had no chance , because it sold out apparently in a few hours .
It is hard to see everything on pinside , I find podcasts are a good way to hear about the latest news and rumours .

#3712 1 year ago

#3713 1 year ago

Pretty ballsy selling art that isn’t yours with IP and trademarks that aren’t yours, and then asking for an opinion on it.

#3714 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Pretty ballsy selling art that isn’t yours with IP and trademarks that aren’t yours, and then asking for an opinion on it.

Do you know if he's actually selling it .

#3715 1 year ago

I’m not selling them guy overseas did it. Just getting one for my room.

#3716 1 year ago

Aren’t you getting a LE? Toss that because it actually comes with an official one.

#3717 1 year ago

Who's Guy Overseas anyway?

Never heard of him/her.

There's a Overseas Guy, and a Man Overseas according to google?

https://www.instagram.com/overseasguy/?hl=en

https://www.manoverseas.com/

#3718 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Aren’t you getting a LE? Toss that because it actually comes with an official one.

The le banner is okay but like this better. They are like 90 euros so not horrible.

#3719 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Do you know if he's actually selling it .

Quoted from beltking:

The le banner is okay but like this better. They are like 90 euros so not horrible.

That answers that q. Yes Guy's selling them.

ForTheMomentPunkin

#3720 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

That answers that q. Yes Guy's selling them.
ForTheMomentPunkin

Again not selling I paid $90 for one myself. Don’t pm me not selling.

#3721 1 year ago

You just wanted our opinion? Lol.

Dude, if you like it, buy it.

#3722 1 year ago

Why did you ask for edits? Did you commission man overseas to make it?

#3723 1 year ago

I’d like to buy a comma for $90, Pat.

#3724 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Again not selling I paid $90 for one myself. Don’t pm me not selling.

I never said you were. And i am very unlikely to PM you for one. I'm not into prints, although i like original art.

I said guy's selling them, as i quoted you as saying.

If i'd meant that you were selling them i would have said belt guy is selling them, not oversea's guy.

I kinda like this guy game.

Found a new one, Naked and Famous Weird Guy.

https://providenceclothingco.com.au/products/weird-guy-deep-indigo-rigid-selvedge

#3725 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

I didn't know.

Time to start listening to some pinball podcasts. All the titles from last month were talked about well in advance across a few of them.

#3726 1 year ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Time to start listening to some pinball podcasts. All the titles from last month were talked about well in advance across a few of them.

Can't get through the first minute of some guy raving about his opinions.

Fuck, i have a sheet over my TV and haven't watched TV for 5 years.

DSCF2194[1] (resized).jpgDSCF2194[1] (resized).jpg

#3727 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Can't get through the first minute of some guy raving about his opinions.
Fuck, i have a sheet over my TV and haven't watched TV for 5 years.
[quoted image]

In that case, can't really help you. I find it a good way to pass time driving to Sydney etc. Be it Pinball or other podcasts. I guess you wouldn't be into Home Theatre like I am in that case either lol. No point talking about the recent Roger Sharpe movie hey

#3728 1 year ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

In that case, can't really help you. I find it a good way to pass time driving to Sydney etc. Be it Pinball or other podcasts. I guess you wouldn't be into Home Theatre like I am in that case either lol. No point talking about the recent Roger Sharpe movie hey

Pretty sure i watched that movie on the net a month or two back after someone linked it here.

Used to be into home theatre back when i was into movies and tv, Klipsh speakers etc as you can see.

But no, it's spotify and books all day, triple J if i'm in the car. Podcasts aren't my thing.

But i don't need help, it's all the people who still rave about what happened in their fav TV series, even after i tell them i don't watch TV that need help
It's like they just can't process the fact, or they think i mean i don't watch much tv....

And all those people who listen to that kaneda bloke and actually pay to do it. Just can't get that idol worshiping famous person/ceelbrity shit.

Sports/movie stars...fuck, they are just people. I can talk to people at the shops or the pub.

#3729 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Pretty sure i watched that movie on the net a month or two back after someone linked it here.
Used to be into home theatre back when i was into movies and tv, Klipsh speakers etc as you can see.
But no, it's spotify and books all day, triple J if i'm in the car. Podcasts aren't my thing.
But i don't need help, it's all the people who still rave about what happened in their fav TV series, even after i tell them i don't watch TV that need help
It's like they just can't process the fact, or they think i mean i don't watch much tv....
And all those people who listen to that kaneda bloke and actually pay to do it. Just can't get that idol worshiping famous person/ceelbrity shit.
Sports/movie stars...fuck, they are just people. I can talk to people at the shops or the pub.

Lots of better podcasts than Canada , checkout slam tilt .
https://www.slamtiltpodcast.com/

Or be prepared to miss out on day one sales of future releases

#3730 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Fair enough. I jumped into podcasts during covid and kind of never looked back. Broke the mold of TripleJ always on in the car and generally disliking the music nowadays and even being a bit over Spotify despite having an interest in music label (which now makes a footy podcast). Also spent too many years in media, so TV isn't going to fade away for me any time soon in terms of viewing. I don't mind old Kaneda, definitely tend to be on the same page as most of his takes on pinball and certain enjoying hearing the rumours in a nice concise show format. Celebrity worship, yeah no thanks though, you can keep all that shit for sure...

#3731 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Lots of better podcasts then Canada checkout slam tilt .
https://www.slamtiltpodcast.com/
Or be prepared to miss out on day one sales of future releases

If that is the price then i will be missing out.

Anything of interest will come up here in the 'next' threads anyway.

But speculation is speculation. I miss out only on the before day 1 sales. Been in for the day 1's that i want.

And, as stated, i miss out on the before day 1 sales because i don't agree with the morality of the process.

#3732 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I mean, this website is littered with this in the mod section....if you going to call one out, may as well call them all.

#3733 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I mean, this website is littered with this in the mod section....if you going to call one out, may as well call them all.

I don’t have that much time, although I have called it out before

https://www.knapparcade.org/post/the-dragon-s-lair-license-may-not-have-been-approved-for-pinball-yet

https://www.knapparcade.org/post/this-week-s-arcade-pinball-news-4-22-2022

I just find it disrespectful when the company is directly interacting with the community in this thread.

#3734 1 year ago

I made this for my own personal use.

Not for sale!

20230405_171101.jpg20230405_171101.jpg
#3735 1 year ago
Quoted from MadPole:

Not for sale!
[quoted image]

It’s a nice photo, but this is a Pulp Fiction thread.

OR

Nice! Can I buy one?!

#3736 1 year ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

It’s a nice photo, but this is a Pulp Fiction thread.
OR
Nice! Can I buy one?!

Being a Cubs fan... the two go together!

#3737 1 year ago
Quoted from MadPole:

Not for sale!
[quoted image]

Love it!

#3738 1 year ago

Lots of searchin' and beggin' but as of today, I'm on a purchase list. Thanks Mr Wolf!

#3739 1 year ago

What do you all think....the LE only has the mirror blades, Shaker and Topper. I think they should have added something else to make it more appealing as in, Invisiglass or something.

#3740 1 year ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

What do you all think....the LE only has the mirror blades, Shaker and Topper. I think they should have added something else to make it more appealing as in, Invisiglass or something.

They sold out the LE in ~24 hours as advertised. They don't need to add anything. That being said, all other LE models come with anti-glare glass these days. Except Spooky I guess...

#3741 1 year ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

1) Cast Metal Serialized Medallion.

2) The banner is what pushed me over the edge. lol.

3) Vintage Speaker Grill - I got to touch the Grill feels really well made and looks cool with the 2 logos.

#3742 1 year ago

If you could pick on mod what would it be??

I am thinking the pawn shop could do with a nice upgrade. It's going to be a long wait.

#3743 1 year ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

I am thinking the pawn shop could do with a nice upgrade. It's going to be a long wait.

A case with a gimp inside, that shakes and it opens ip slightly to show the gimp inside (just poking out slightly and going back into the case)

#3744 1 year ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

I pick a shaker motor on the SE… I also like the banner… other than that… I’ll continue my stance of mods do nothing for me, particularly on this game, it appears to have the right amount of plastic molded ‘stuff’. Any more and it is going to start to look like a twilight zone.

#3745 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

They sold out the LE in ~24 hours as advertised. They don't need to add anything. That being said, all other LE models come with anti-glare glass these days. Except Spooky I guess...

No they didn't. I bought mine easily days after. I wish people would stop with the 'sold out in XX hours' nonsense. It isn't real.

#3746 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

A case with a gimp inside, that shakes and it opens ip slightly to show the gimp inside (just poking out slightly and going back into the case)

I like it.

How about the pawn shop gets the Godzilla building treatment. WOW. What a wish list dream. The building moves down to " Bring on the Gimp". Instant Twipy award.

#3747 1 year ago

My wife said she really wanted to see the gimp pop up from behind the pawn shop.....hmm...

#3748 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

My wife said she really wanted to see the gimp pop up from behind the pawn shop.....hmm...

Well his face is on the plastic for now back behind the shop. Build something Z.

#3749 1 year ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3750 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

How about Zed and the Gimp pop up from the playfield like the trolls in MM. When you defeat them..."Zed is dead, baby! Zed is dead."

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Wanted
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

8,399 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Trade
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - Pre-order Spot
Frisco, TX
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,045 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 141.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pulp-fiction-hype-thread-/page/75?hl=knackers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.