IMG_2914 (resized).jpg
IMG_2913 (resized).jpg
IMG_2915 (resized).jpg
IMG_1608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1594 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3525 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3519 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,047 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 141.
#3501 1 year ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Thanks for that - good to know. All I got was a reply saying I got one and an email to follow. Between a heap of PF orders and GTF orders, I reckon they would be snowed under matching deposits to people to then send email confirmations with acknowledgement of deposit and balance required etc.

Yes definitely. I received a confirmation email of my PFLE order 2 days ago. Possibly one of the earliest to get my order in, or Wayne is working through them alphabetically. Either way I'm sure you'll receive your confirmation soon.

It would be a very time consuming task with the amount of orders received, cross reference payments & emails, then producing invoices & replying.

#3502 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Yes definitely. I received a confirmation email of my PFLE order 2 days ago. Possibly one of the earliest to get my order in, or Wayne is working through them alphabetically. Either way I'm sure you'll receive your confirmation soon.
It would be a very time consuming task with the amount of orders received, cross reference payments & emails, then producing invoices & replying.

As I was reading your response, up popped an email from Wayne! Confirmation received!

#3503 1 year ago

Opinion after playing at TPF:

Pros: Meh....

Cons: Meh....

Conclusion: If you're going to dump 9k on a single level old school Bally-type game, buy Fathom from Haggis, or a restored old school Bally-type game.

Disclaimer: Meh...

#3504 1 year ago
Quoted from metal-mods:

Conclusion: If you're going to dump 9k on a single level old school Bally-type game, buy Fathom from Haggis, or a restored old school Bally-type game.

Pulp isn't single level, thanks for the opinion tho it was very informative!

#3505 1 year ago

#3506 1 year ago
Quoted from metal-mods:

Meh

#3507 1 year ago
Quoted from metal-mods:

Not the first (or likely last) to meh PF after missing out on an LE, with hopes of freeing up a spot for yourself. I feel your pain as I'm also bummed I missed out on an LE…

#3508 1 year ago

Exactly. As soon as I see that word(?), I'm done reading.

#3509 1 year ago

I ordered an SE when it first became available through Joe at PinballStar.

Any educated guesses when (ballpark) it might ship?

#3510 1 year ago
Quoted from prl867:

I ordered an SE when it first became available through Joe at PinballStar.
Any educated guesses when (ballpark) it might ship?

Beginning Fall 2023.

#3511 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Beginning Fall 2023.

Really?!? Wow. Awesome. I thought for sure LE’s would ship first.

Thank you!

#3512 1 year ago
Quoted from prl867:

Really?!? Wow. Awesome. I thought for sure LE’s would ship first.
Thank you!

Thats just when games start shipping. There is conflicting info on which models ship first, but the founder of Raw Thrills said LE will ship first. Doug from CGC would be a good person to ask to double check.

#3513 1 year ago

Any Aussie PF LE buyers receive their 'confirmation' email from the Aus distro?

Depends on what you call a conformation email
I have a reply to my question of “can you confirm my deposit has been received and my spot locked in?”
I got a one word reply “confirmed!”
I assume that’s good enough

#3514 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I have a reply to my question of “can you confirm my deposit has been received and my spot locked in?”

Haha, got that email last week too. But Wayne sent out the formal confirmation with tax invoice today (to me).

#3515 1 year ago

Haha, got that email last week too. But Wayne sent out the formal confirmation with tax invoice today (to me).

Okay well I don’t have that yet lol

#3516 1 year ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

Not the first (or likely last) to meh PF after missing out on an LE, with hopes of freeing up a spot for yourself. I feel your pain as I'm also bummed I missed out on an LE…

Aren't the games exactly the same except for the topper and some trim pieces?
I really love me some cool toppers, but at the end of the day it's really what's under the glass that matters once you get it home

#3517 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:Aren't the games exactly the same except for the topper and some trim pieces?
I really love me some cool toppers, but at the end of the day it's really what's under the glass that matters once you get it home

Yes, and I agree but that is one awesome topper that probably interacts with the game. I did not get an LE but I'm still excited to get this pin

#3518 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Aren't the games exactly the same except for the topper and some trim pieces?

I am not a fan of the direction that Stern has gone with their different levels of games. It’s one thing when a Premium model has fancier toys, nicer art package, and perhaps higher quality fixtures and plastics, but it’s another when massive gameplay changes are made in between machine levels.

Yes, the topper on PF is awesome, as is the metal speaker grate and the other enhancements, but all are purely aesthetic. Gameplay is identical between SE and CE. I’m all for that.

#3519 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Sure ... u think CGC will deliver many (not all) LE's by November .... define many and shoot me a PM

More than say 20?

Neil.

#3520 1 year ago

Is it too much to ask for an official comment on what will be in production first? We've pinged CGC, but they never respond in here to begin with; so, that's a waste of time.

Can someone that is somewhat on the internal team that has a better line of communication possibly try to get us some basic information such as that for the customers? Please, and thank you?

It is kind of an important detail and would help all of us predict the situation financially (among many other reasons), and isn't too much to ask when purchasing such an expensive item. Usually whenever a customer buys something, they are told an ETA on when the product should arrive.

I don't know, maybe I'm just very unreasonable.

#3521 1 year ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

Is it too much to ask for an official comment on what will be in production first? We've pinged CGC, but they never respond in here to begin with; so, that's a waste of time.
Can someone that is somewhat on the internal team that has a better line of communication possibly try to get us some basic information such as that for the customers? Please, and thank you?
It is kind of an important detail and would help all of us predict the situation financially (among many other reasons), and isn't too much to ask when purchasing such an expensive item. Usually whenever a customer buys something, they are told an ETA on when the product should arrive.

I didn’t know I was spoiled to have a pinball manufacture share what order they will build machines, give everyone there number in line, and estimate how many they could ship per week.

#3522 1 year ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

I think your request is unreasonable. CGC just announced this game and said it will produce 1k LE and unlimited SE. They said production will start in 3Q. This is the info they want you to have. They told us no more, on purpose. When they want us to know important specifics, they will tell us. But maybe they don’t know themselves. Their plans could be flipping and flopping around still, based on how parts inventory is being received.

If you believe production will start Sep 1, like me, you realize that’s five months away. So we wait.

#3523 1 year ago

They're going to just build games. LE and SE is the same game. The cosmetic differences are minor and in theory easy to stock parts for.

What's going to decide what ships is the toppers. They're ready or they're not. We've all seen how these things can get delayed.

#3524 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

More than say 20?
Neil.

So to be clear your definition of "many" is 20 LE's?

#3525 1 year ago

I'm going to do what I did with Cactus Canyon, just forget I even have a deposit and a year and a half later I get an email that my game is ready

#3526 1 year ago

^ This is the way.

#3527 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

^ This is the way.

Chorus : This is the way

#3528 1 year ago

Chorus : This is the way

#3529 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

If you have sent back your request and paid the deposit you are in. His email skills may lack a little but he is definitely honest and genuine.

#3530 1 year ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

It’s very likely CGC doesn’t know what they will build first. And they may not know for months. Who knows what conditions or logistics or marketing or business factors are under consideration?

When pre ordering a pin, especially from CGC, if you’re not comfortable with the idea that sometime in the next 1 or 2 years your game will show up, you’re going to have a bad time.

#3531 1 year ago

Right, so we've run out of things to talk about again?

Squirrel

squirrelballs1 (resized).jpgsquirrelballs1 (resized).jpg

#3532 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Squirrel
[quoted image]

Hah. Clearly we have. Thus begins the desert of new info that is likely to last for at least 6 months.

#3533 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Squirrel
[quoted image]

You know it’s desperate times when there is a post about how entertaining your posts are…

#3534 1 year ago

*Lowest price model is “usually” first in production . They want the games out in public to draw even more interest in the game.

Quoted from Lateralus:

#3535 1 year ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

You know it’s desperate times when there is a post about how entertaining your posts are…

Got you posting anyway......

#3536 1 year ago

Whats the future value predictions, compared to say, CCR. LE instantly up/hold, SE instantly go down? I haven't followed CCR too much, but know I've seen some SE's selling at $1k discount, so this is probably an obvious, yes. I think that's my only regret on not trying for the LE, getting it to keep the topper in the box for resale. Not that I plan to resell, this will be one of the last in the collection to go.

If we compare to MBr and MMr however, which are no longer produced, the SE/Classic editions have held value or slightly increased. Was that the case when they were running them? How did CGC run those? Limited amount, or limited amount of time? If time, what determines when that time ends, when the next game is up and the line is needed? Seems that with CGC, once a game is off the line it's off the line, unlike Stern who rotates their line to continue selling as long as there is demand.

#3537 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Whats the future value predictions, compared to say, CCR. LE instantly up/hold, SE instantly go down? I haven't followed CCR too much, but know I've seen some SE's selling at $1k discount, so this is probably an obvious, yes. I think that's my only regret on not trying for the LE, getting it to keep the topper in the box for resale. Not that I plan to resell, this will be one of the last in the collection to go.
If we compare to MBr and MMr however, which are no longer produced, the SE/Classic editions have held value or slightly increased. Was that the case when they were running them? How did CGC run those? Limited amount, or limited amount of time? If time, what determines when that time ends, when the next game is up and the line is needed? Seems that with CGC, once a game is off the line it's off the line, unlike Stern who rotates their line to continue selling as long as there is demand.

I’ve been trying for 5 minutes to come up with something snarky to say about keeping a topper in a box to resell it, but I got nothin’.

#3538 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

SE’s will get their value back down the road - you could get AFMr and MBr at about the same discount while they were still in production and for a while after. I expect CCr SE to follow suit once production concludes.

#3539 1 year ago

Not that it matters a fuck when it comes to buying a game, but if it's a good game it will go up when production ends, if it is not, it won't.

simples.

#3540 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

I’ve been trying for 5 minutes to come up with something snarky to say about keeping a topper in a box to resell it, but I got nothin’.

Definitely didn't add that in there to trigger those with topper fomo

Quoted from vikeking27:

SE’s will get their value back down the road - you could get AFMr and MBr at about the same discount while they were still in production and for a while after. I expect CCr SE to follow suit once production concludes.

Appreciate the insight

#3541 1 year ago

Melissa @ Cointaker told me SE's won't be built till the end of the year.

#3542 1 year ago

Not banking anything she says. But all info is good info for those interested i guess.

#3543 1 year ago

1 year or so wait wont be so bad . Took longer than that many times trying to find a game i wanted.

#3544 1 year ago
7giazu.gif7giazu.gif
#3545 1 year ago

Every NiB I've purchased was a year or more wait. This will be no different. Hoping to like one of the others enough to bring one home this weekend, or at least put an order in.

#3546 1 year ago

My first machine was a NIB Deadpool. It was at mine the day after i ordered it.

#3547 1 year ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

Got my Cactus LE finally after 17 months of fully paid. And zero communication.

You will get this PF whenever you get it and like it.

Communication? You have to pay extra for that

Get ready for the pumpkin can keep you entertained for the next year

My advice, don’t even check back for at least 3 months at a time

#3548 1 year ago

My SE order is in, and I'm not anticipating seeing it in 2023, tbh. I'm ok with that.

#3549 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Got my Cactus LE finally after 17 months of fully paid. And zero communication.
You will get this PF whenever you get it and like it.
Communication? You have to pay extra for that

Figure the backwards deflation of the price after 17 months, WIN!

#3550 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Figure the backwards deflation of the price after 17 months, WIN!

I really can’t right now. It’s too overwhelming!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Wanted
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
8,399 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - Pre-order Spot
Frisco, TX
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,047 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 141.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pulp-fiction-hype-thread-/page/71?hl=knackers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.