200w (12).gif
dc0aba7ce7e4c1b48559e4f43cf3c2ea.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
20240418_122418 (resized).jpg
20240418_122338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1636 (resized).jpeg
20240409_134125 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,087 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 142.
#3452 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Well here is a real screen shot of me, helpful so its not a surprise to anyone how wrong you are about everything else you write.
[quoted image]

You guys made me laugh out loud this morning!

Quoted from NeilMcRae:

JJP quality?! Look there is a lot of humour on this thread but JJP quality is probably the funniest joke so far! With thousands of games in the field with fucked playfields, fucked lightboards, fucked stage lights and broken diverters how can you even use the words JJP and quality in the same sentence.
FWIW I played Godfather more than any other game at TPF because other than Queen; (pinball brothers must have been crying in their beer after TPF and queen is a shockingly bad game); it was the easiest game to get on, the hype was far from JJPs stand. It’s a shame in many respects; Godfather is a good layout and shoots ok, Eric has adapted to JJPs underwhelming mechanical platform by keeping ramps flat and being as close to a single level game as one can be and with JJPs better but still weak flippers it shoots well. The sad part of the game is understanding it with a million things flashing, a screen that has the same info as an engineering screen on the bridge of the USS Titan and a game that first presents the players but not just one menu for the mode but two menus including a skill shot menu - WTF?! NO pinball machine should offer a menu. I can’t help think if Elwin did the rules for GF how much better the game would be! There is little new in the typically Keefer out ruleset, mode stack multiball, get multipler, cash out.
Regards,
Neil.

Fair. I'm no big JJP fan but I played a couple of nice ones on the weekend (WOZ and Wonka) and so they left a good impression on me. A lot of guys are saying it's a game of progression you need to experience at home, we shall see. I hope to try out a GF sometime this spring.

#3453 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Like you ? saying that every jjp customer is upset because they got rid of scorbit . Everyone I've spoken to are excited jjp are going to do their own thing .
[quoted image]

Its me! aren't I fucking cool!

I was going to write a long message but it seems you can only exchange photos rather than write something of value or get the punctation in the right place; so in order to not give me an advantage:

Photo of everyone you've spoken to:
41S3cK6MxrS._AC_SL1146_ (resized).jpg41S3cK6MxrS._AC_SL1146_ (resized).jpg

Rare video Pirates of the Caribbean and GNR owners waiting for code:

Everyone I've spoke to about JJP's ability to create a platform like this:
goodfellas-henry-hill (resized).pnggoodfellas-henry-hill (resized).png

Photo of you when JJP nexts screws over their customers:
2pybwo (resized).jpg2pybwo (resized).jpg

Video of me being told about such a screw over:

I'm ready for the next round! This is fun!

#3454 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Speaking only from my own experience owning a Wonka LE, the build quality is very high. Playfield is perfect with a beautiful clear and has not developed any issues. And support has been more than I could hope for, with JJP resolving two issues within 48 hours of my reporting, sending me at no charge new invisiglass for a mere small blemish and a new plastic that cracked.

I'm glad they looked after you. Not my experience which I've detailed on other posts.

#3455 1 year ago

I'd have thought the CEO would be most likely to know and historically CGC have got the LE's out before everything else.

Cheers,
Neil.

#3456 1 year ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3457 1 year ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

any chance you can confirm what will be built first? SE’s or LE’s?

I have no idea. Great question for Ryan at CGC.

#3459 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

JJP quality?! Look there is a lot of humour on this thread but JJP quality is probably the funniest joke so far! With thousands of games in the field with fucked playfields, fucked lightboards, fucked stage lights and broken diverters how can you even use the words JJP and quality in the same sentence.
FWIW I played Godfather more than any other game at TPF because other than Queen; (pinball brothers must have been crying in their beer after TPF and queen is a shockingly bad game); it was the easiest game to get on, the hype was far from JJPs stand. It’s a shame in many respects; Godfather is a good layout and shoots ok, Eric has adapted to JJPs underwhelming mechanical platform by keeping ramps flat and being as close to a single level game as one can be and with JJPs better but still weak flippers it shoots well. The sad part of the game is understanding it with a million things flashing, a screen that has the same info as an engineering screen on the bridge of the USS Titan and a game that first presents the players but not just one menu for the mode but two menus including a skill shot menu - WTF?! NO pinball machine should offer a menu. I can’t help think if Elwin did the rules for GF how much better the game would be! There is little new in the typically Keefer out ruleset, mode stack multiball, get multipler, cash out.
Regards,
Neil.

Nah come on man....JJP quality is pretty damn good....I agree CGC makes better play fields, but both companies will run for the hills if u have a play field or cabinet issues.

#3460 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I'd have thought the CEO would be most likely to know and historically CGC have got the LE's out before everything else.
Cheers,
Neil.

Huh? Thats not a true statement....is this your first CGC game?

#3461 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

The sad part of the game is understanding it with a million things flashing, a screen that has the same info as an engineering screen on the bridge of the USS Titan and a game that first presents the players but not just one menu for the mode but two menus including a skill shot menu - WTF?! NO pinball machine should offer a menu. I can’t help think if Elwin did the rules for GF how much better the game would be! There is little new in the typically Keefer out ruleset, mode stack multiball, get multipler, cash out.
Regards,
Neil.

I think you summed it up for me, I’m not saying that people won’t enjoy Godfather, a lot of people do enjoy GnR apparently so maybe I don’t just click with Eric’s pins and their rules.

I went to play godfather as well as Elvira and CC remake because I have the later 2 on order but could still switch out for Godfather instead. I’m so glad I played Godfather because while I know it has a lot of shots or ball paths as Zac or Greg said it’s layout (shots) are it’s toys. But to me it’s just over much shots and too much flashing and complex rules.

I know some Stern pins can get that way too like AIQ and SW with its multi X, I’m sure if I owned GF I could get a sense of what’s going on. But overall Godfather didn’t feel fun to me and that’s the biggest thing I’m looking for in a pinball machine.

#3462 1 year ago

I know most of us ordered Pulp without playing it but the rules were clearly explained in the game reveal so I’m fairly happy with my decision, I’m not certain how it will shoot, but I’m confident in Mark Richie he has such a great resume, I’m betting on his understanding of layout and what feels satisfying to shoot.

#3463 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

queen is a shockingly bad game

Seems it is the same game they brought to Expo.

#3464 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I know most of us ordered Pulp without playing it but the rules were clearly explained in the game reveal so I’m fairly happy with my decision, I’m not certain how it will shoot, but I’m confident in Mark Richie he has such a great resume, I’m betting on his understanding of layout and what feels satisfying to shoot.

Thats the major difference between this and some others. They actually had thought out rules to explain. Not .50Alpha code with no real idea what the future plans were.

#3465 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Huh? Thats not a true statement....is this your first CGC game?

no I own all the CGC released games. Waiting for CCR LE and PF LE - They all have the same LE number

I might remember it wrongly, but MMR LE was first for sure and I'm pretty sure AFMR LE was also, in the UK for sure. MB I do remember seeing a MBR Classic ahead of the my LE arriving but that game was a demo machine for the local distributer and not for sale.

Here in the UK apart from CCR the LEs were out first from my fadingly bad memory

IMG_3211 (resized).JPGIMG_3211 (resized).JPG

#3466 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Nah come on man....JJP quality is pretty damn good....I agree CGC makes better play fields, but both companies will run for the hills if u have a play field or cabinet issues.

Sorry I don't agree. In the games that I've had sight of only spooky is worse but Spooky will work with you to come up with a resolution, JJP don't even reply to emails. CGC on the other hand are miles ahead and I've never had to deal with a playfield or cabinet issue with CGC but I do know someone who had the head replaced on their MBR without any big drama, yes it takes time as we are in the UK.

#3467 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

no I own all the CGC released games. Waiting for CCR LE and PF LE - They all have the same LE number
I might remember it wrongly, but MMR LE was first for sure and I'm pretty sure AFMR LE was also, in the UK for sure. MB I do remember seeing a MBR Classic ahead of the my LE arriving but that game was a demo machine for the local distributer and not for sale.
Here in the UK apart from CCR the LEs were out first from my fadingly bad memory
[quoted image]

I have all the matching LE's as well....CGC obviously built the CCRLE last, which I believe was the case on other releases (although I don't really recall). Things might be different in the UK than in the US

#3468 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Sorry I don't agree. In the games that I've had sight of only spooky is worse but Spooky will work with you to come up with a resolution, JJP don't even reply to emails. CGC on the other hand are miles ahead and I've never had to deal with a playfield or cabinet issue with CGC but I do know someone who had the head replaced on their MBR without any big drama, yes it takes time as we are in the UK.

All good we can always agree to disagree....CGC is no better than JJP when it comes to dealing with cabinet or play field issues (I've had issues with both MBRLE, and AFRLE). That being said JJP has had far more play field issues than CGC so no argument there. By the way CGC is as bad as JJP when it comes to responding to emails or tickets....possibly worse ... for whatever reason CGC's customer service has gotten terrible with CCR release.

#3469 1 year ago

Wonder who’s #1 with worst customer service in pinball manufacturing. Make it a TWIPY.

#3470 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Wonder who’s #1 with worst customer service in pinball manufacturing. Make it a TWIPY.

Its JJP.

#3471 1 year ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

What the hell is a quarter pounder with cheese?

McDonalds sandwich.

LTG : )

#3472 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

McDonalds sandwich.

Oh ok, I’m running on the metric system in here so the whole “quarter pound” thing threw me.

#3473 1 year ago

Been running metric here since '66

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

https://mcdonalds.com.au/menu/quarter-pounder%C2%AE

#3474 1 year ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Oh ok, I’m running on the metric system in here so the whole “quarter pound” thing threw me.

Too funny! In that case refer to it as a “Royale with Cheese!”

#3475 1 year ago

Being I missed out on the LE I’am hoping the SE comes first.

#3476 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Is it true that most games put out by CGC take a year plus to get delivered? I know the CC customers were waiting forever. I want this game, but CGC's history of taking eternity to ship games kind of blows.

Yes. Most of us are still waiting for CCr LEs that were ordered in October of 2021. (1250 LEs ordered in October of 2021 and less than 500 delivered so far.) I understand that prior CGC games experienced similar production delays. Thus, the realistic ETA for Pulp Fiction is summer or fall of 2024. The good news is that CGC games generally are very high quality and a good price value. It just takes them FOREVER to build them.

#3477 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

McDonalds sandwich.

a 113 Gram'er with cheese!

#3478 1 year ago
Quoted from TooMetal:Yes. Most of us are still waiting for CCr LEs that were ordered in October of 2021. (1250 LEs ordered in October of 2021 and less than 500 delivered so far.) I understand that prior CGC games experienced similar production delays. Thus, the realistic ETA for Pulp Fiction is summer or fall of 2024. The good news is that CGC games generally are very high quality and a good price value. It just takes them FOREVER to build them.

I think folks will have games at home in November this year. Not everyone but many.

#3479 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I think folks will have games at home in November this year. Not everyone but many.

Dreams are free

#3480 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Dreams are free

Tell that to an Olympian.

#3481 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Been running metric here since '66
[quoted image]
https://mcdonalds.com.au/menu/quarter-pounder%C2%AE

Canada is metric but everyone measures in pounds and feet. Oddly - distances are in KMs because of the road signs LOL.

It's highly ridiculous.

Thankful for Quarter Pounders with cheese.

#3482 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Dreams are free

I'll bet $100 to your favourite charity?

#3483 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I'll bet $100 to your favourite charity?

Sure ... u think CGC will deliver many (not all) LE's by November .... define many and shoot me a PM

#3484 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Canada is metric but everyone measures in pounds and feet. Oddly - distances are in KMs because of the road signs LOL.
It's highly ridiculous.
Thankful for Quarter Pounders with cheese.

It's only us oldies that were in school or nearly in school that are still bilingual in them.

We used British measurements here rather than the US ones though, so pounds and gallons are different.

I still use inches, feet and yards interchangeably with meters and we still use imperial gallons for old beer kegs if you are older than 50 or so. New ones are 50l, that doesn't translate well.

I use km's, miles and knots interchangeably too. As well as fathoms, feet and meters.

Fractions of inches are ridiculous for me when there are better measurements, and without the extra step in conversion in my head.

#3485 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Dreams are free

Going rate for dreams is $100US now.

Quoted from PtownPin:

Sure ... u think CGC will deliver many (not all) LE's by November .... define many and shoot me a PM

#3486 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Going rate for dreams is $100US now.

Perfect....listen I hope CGC gets their shit together, and I lose.... history isn't on your side .... I've seen this movie for 7 years

#3487 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Perfect....listen I hope CGC gets their shit together, and I lose.... history isn't on your side .... I've seen this movie for 7 years

I don't have a side, you are barking up the wrong tree. I've not made a prediction, and i don't have a game on order.

#3488 1 year ago

Yet it seems like you're the one doing the most barking.

#3489 1 year ago

Back in 2017 I ordered AFMR LE in Sept & the machine was in my home a week before Xmas (in the same year). Feels like it’s a PF LE vs PF SE battle! Whichever way this goes, we are all winners

#3490 1 year ago

Can't believe I've been missing out on the stream of entertaining posts from punkin by never leaving Spooky threads until now. Unexpected benefit of buying a PF.

Quoted from punkin:

You don't play the theme either, so that's not important.
You don't play the art either, so that's not important.
You don't play the lcd screen, so that's not important.
Just paint them all black and have clear plastics and no lcd then? Won't need callouts except for direction either.
NineRidiculousThingsIHaveReadTodayPunkin

#3491 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

I use km's, miles and knots interchangeably too. As well as fathoms, feet and meters.
Fractions of inches are ridiculous for me when there are better measurements, and without the extra step in conversion in my head.

Is the nautical metric equivalent of a Bally Fathom a Bally Surfers? Inquiring minds want to know.

#3492 1 year ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

Can't believe I've been missing out on the stream of entertaining posts from punkin by never leaving Spooky threads until now. Unexpected benefit of buying a PF.

Spooky eh?

Is that some kind of exclusive club?

spooky1 (resized).jpgspooky1 (resized).jpg

HowDoIJoinPunkin

#3493 1 year ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Is the nautical metric equivalent of a Bally Fathom a Bally Surfers? Inquiring minds want to know.

Fuck would you know about metric?

9KY.gif9KY.gif

#3494 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Spooky eh?
Is that some kind of exclusive club?
[quoted image]
HowDoIJoinPunkin

You’re rockin older school Spooky than I have. Love ACNC but don’t own one. Yours is missing the Brain-O-Rator topper… is it even playable without that?

#3495 1 year ago

Guess you'll know when you get one....

NotAModGuyPunkin

#3496 1 year ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

You’re rockin older school Spooky than I have. Love ACNC but don’t own one.

Me ol' mum used to call it 'open mouth before putting brain in gear'.

CanStillHearItInHerVoicepunkin

#3497 1 year ago

Any Aussie PF LE buyers receive their 'confirmation' email from the Aus distro?

#3498 1 year ago

I gotta find an LE. This is some serious FOMO

#3499 1 year ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Any Aussie PF LE buyers receive their 'confirmation' email from the Aus distro?

All I have is an email saying my deposit and form was recieved. Apparently I got the last one as per the email.

#3500 1 year ago
Quoted from Knackers:

All I have is an email saying my deposit and form was recieved. Apparently I got the last one as per the email.

Thanks for that - good to know. All I got was a reply saying I got one and an email to follow. Between a heap of PF orders and GTF orders, I reckon they would be snowed under matching deposits to people to then send email confirmations with acknowledgement of deposit and balance required etc.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

7,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,399 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Francisco, CA
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
There are 7,087 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 142.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pulp-fiction-hype-thread-/page/70?hl=knackers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.