IMG_6564 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0224 (resized).png
IMG_0222 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240315_182941_Adobe Acrobat (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0217 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0218 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,866 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 138.
#3401 1 year ago

Did anyone asked CGC at TPF if PF SE or LE will be made first? Thanks

#3402 1 year ago
Quoted from pbjksb:

Did anyone asked CGC at TPF if PF SE or LE will be made first? Thanks

I asked George Petro and he said LEs would be first.

#3403 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Thanks. Who is George Petro?

#3404 1 year ago
Quoted from pbjksb:

Thanks. Who is George Petro?

Programmer working on PF I believe

#3405 1 year ago
Quoted from FlopTube:

Programmer working on PF I believe

and the CEO of Play Mechanix

#3406 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

This is the most exciting news I've heard out of TPF!!

#3407 1 year ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Hopefully more people will feel like you do and bail on the LE...somehow I doubt it.

I didnt bail, just not going to purchase until I play it is all. I guess I just had super high expectation bc I truly love the film.

#3408 1 year ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

I didnt bail, just not going to purchase until I play it is all. I guess I just had super high expectation bc I truly love the film.

people won't bail because it's money in the bank. Play it for a month and sell for a premium

#3409 1 year ago
Quoted from ray-dude:

This is the most exciting news I've heard out of TPF!!

Good to hear! I got LE.

#3410 1 year ago
Quoted from pbjksb:

Good to hear! I got LE.

I would take it with a grain of salt. There’s been conflicting info about whether se or Le will come first.

#3411 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

I would take it with a grain of salt. There’s been conflicting info about whether Ce or Le will come first.

CE? Tell me more?

#3412 1 year ago

My 2 cents...
I just re-watched the movie (for only the 2nd time ever) because of this release hype, I didn't remember liking the movie as much as my mates all appeared to, back when it was first premiered all those years ago. Could not remember anything but the slim Jims "dance" and the accidental head explosion in the car...man what a great movie, I absolutely loved all of it, my younger self must have been a right sap!

Another takeaway was that this time around I felt that everything good about the movies had been captured in the quotes, "quoted" in this very thread over the first few pages. While watching the movie I thought every moment was familiar because of the quotes I read here...for me it highlighted that the audio (especially all the memorable quotes) are all you need to be immersed in this theme. Watching the movie again just made the audio fall into story/sequence better.

#3413 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

CE? Tell me more?

Those are the ones JJP and CGC will be making.

#3414 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

CE? Tell me more?

Oops. I mean SE. Well, distributors have been saying SEs are coming first. And I think someone on the CGC side said the same. Sorry, I can’t recall when or where I read that. It was in one of the hundred of threads or many videos I’ve watched lately.

Edit: one example

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pulp-fiction-hype-thread-/page/61#post-7493563

Another post said Automated said se’s are first

I’m not saying any of this is right. Just that there’s been confusing mixed messages.

#3415 1 year ago

We'll find out when it's time. Don't stress the things you can't change.

#3416 1 year ago

We need a poll. I am 75% confident the SE’s come first based on history and info from distro’s. I am 25% sure LE’s will come first because the CEO and a major contributor to game said so. Overall I’d have to put my million$ on SE’s first and I hope to receive my game in 2023.

#3417 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

We need a poll. I am 75% confident the SE’s come first based on history and info from distro’s. I am 25% sure LE’s will come first because the CEO and a major contributor to game said so. Overall I’d have to put my million$ on SE’s first and I hope to receive my game in 2023.

We?

I don't need no stinkin' poll.

#3418 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

We?
I don't need no stinkin' poll.

What we want is a poll. What we need is to open up a betting line with odds and a spread and big pile of money for the winners.

WWCGCDN? - What Will CGC Do Next? - has become the most interesting event on the pinball horizon. Will it be PF SE? PF LE? CCr LE?

#3419 1 year ago

What Will CGC Do Next? - has become the most interesting event on the pinball horizon. Will it be PF SE? PF LE? CCr LE?

TZr ... Now that the topper for the LE is being made by a third party.

#3420 1 year ago

What we want is a poll. What we need is to open up a betting line with odds and a spread and big pile of money for the winners.
WWCGCDN? - What Will CGC Do Next? - has become the most interesting event on the pinball horizon. Will it be PF SE? PF LE? CCr LE?

Do you have multiple personalities? Do people vote you to speak for them? Are you an acknowledged Quean of a country?

What's with the fucking 'we' mate?

#3421 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

We'll find out when it's time. Don't stress the things you can't change.

Patience in pinball.

#3422 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

I would take it with a grain of salt. There’s been conflicting info about whether se or Le will come first.

Ok, I think I will buy SE also, so who cares which one is made first! Lol!

#3423 1 year ago
Quoted from pbjksb:

Ok, I think I will buy SE also, so who cares which one is made first! Lol!

Great plan.

#3424 1 year ago

I'm following the same plan.

I bought a CCr SE last summer and have really enjoyed it, while I know a lot of people have been still waiting a long time for their LE's.

I didn't want this scenario to play out again for PF, so I ordered both through my distributor. I really want the LE, but I also don't want to wait 18 months to play PF if I can be enjoying an SE in 6-9 months.

If LE's are made first, great! .. I can cancel the SE order, it's not a limited number .. If not, I'll enjoy my SE, and sell it at a fair price when my LE is ready.

#3425 1 year ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

Here’s a video of the man cave and a pic of the art. My wife really let me do what I want.
[quoted image]

Awesome setup.

#3426 1 year ago

Cary talked briefy about his plays on pf at tpf. Starts around the four min mark

#3427 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I'm just going to buy an SE, get a quarter pounder with cheese

What the hell is a quarter pounder with cheese?

#3428 1 year ago
Quoted from crazypinballguy:

I'm following the same plan.
I bought a CCr SE last summer and have really enjoyed it, while I know a lot of people have been still waiting a long time for their LE's.
I didn't want this scenario to play out again for PF, so I ordered both through my distributor. I really want the LE, but I also don't want to wait 18 months to play PF if I can be enjoying an SE in 6-9 months.
If LE's are made first, great! .. I can cancel the SE order, it's not a limited number .. If not, I'll enjoy my SE, and sell it at a fair price when my LE is ready.

If history means anything thats a pretty fair guess on how this will play out

#3429 1 year ago

No room for it, but after playing it at TPF a few times, had to get that SE reservation. I have full faith in the community to come up with something topper wise, and I hate mirror blades, so that'll be an easy fix by someone creative as well.

Side note - Probably would have gotten a few more plays in, on PF, if not for all the dudeBros waiting in line alone, then dudeBros 3 friends coming over when its time to play.

Don't be that dudeBro.

#3430 1 year ago
Quoted from surfnrg:

If it had a lower playfield as the basement of the pawn shop with a gimp toy that would have been amazing.

That would have been GREAT!

#3431 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

TZr ... Now that the topper for the LE is being made by a third party.

I’m in on the first batch of 25. I don’t know if I’ll end up with a TZ, but I couldn’t resist the awesome topper. I’ll be content just having it running on a shelf by itself.

#3432 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

$12,000 is too much for GFLE. I love JJP quality and their games are decent but they have decided on a very premium price structure that ensures that most people won't consider their games. Further - the resale on their recent games GNR and TS4 ensures you as a customer take a substantial loss down the road.

JJP quality?! Look there is a lot of humour on this thread but JJP quality is probably the funniest joke so far! With thousands of games in the field with fucked playfields, fucked lightboards, fucked stage lights and broken diverters how can you even use the words JJP and quality in the same sentence.

FWIW I played Godfather more than any other game at TPF because other than Queen; (pinball brothers must have been crying in their beer after TPF and queen is a shockingly bad game); it was the easiest game to get on, the hype was far from JJPs stand. It’s a shame in many respects; Godfather is a good layout and shoots ok, Eric has adapted to JJPs underwhelming mechanical platform by keeping ramps flat and being as close to a single level game as one can be and with JJPs better but still weak flippers it shoots well. The sad part of the game is understanding it with a million things flashing, a screen that has the same info as an engineering screen on the bridge of the USS Titan and a game that first presents the players but not just one menu for the mode but two menus including a skill shot menu - WTF?! NO pinball machine should offer a menu. I can’t help think if Elwin did the rules for GF how much better the game would be! There is little new in the typically Keefer out ruleset, mode stack multiball, get multipler, cash out.

Regards,
Neil.

#3433 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

JJP quality?! Look there is a lot of humour on this thread but JJP quality is probably the funniest joke so far! With thousands of games in the field with fucked playfields, fucked lightboards, fucked stage lights and broken diverters how can you even use the words JJP and quality in the same sentence.
FWIW I played Godfather more than any other game at TPF because other than Queen; (pinball brothers must have been crying in their beer after TPF and queen is a shockingly bad game); it was the easiest game to get on, the hype was far from JJPs stand. It’s a shame in many respects; Godfather is a good layout and shoots ok, Eric has adapted to JJPs underwhelming mechanical platform by keeping ramps flat and being as close to a single level game as one can be and with JJPs better but still weak flippers it shoots well. The sad part of the game is understanding it with a million things flashing, a screen that has the same info as an engineering screen on the bridge of the USS Titan and a game that first presents the players but not just one menu for the mode but two menus including a skill shot menu - WTF?! NO pinball machine should offer a menu. I can’t help think if Elwin did the rules for GF how much better the game would be! There is little new in the typically Keefer out ruleset, mode stack multiball, get multipler, cash out.
Regards,
Neil.

Damn Neil! For those of you who don’t understand his British accent allow me to translate...

#3434 1 year ago
Quoted from surfnrg:

If it had a lower playfield as the basement of the pawn shop with a gimp toy that would have been amazing

Have you seen Vimtoman’s crate mod for TWD? A crate/chest with the gimp popping out instead of a walker/zombie would be pretty cool if it could be implemented somewhere. Probably where the burger is, opening as the balls are released. Much better than a burger with a bite taken out of it.

#3435 1 year ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Damn Neil! For those of you who don’t understand his British accent allow me to translate...
[quoted image]

LOL, after reading it again, I'm harsh but fair. GF has a great layout that shoots well but needs and deserves more.

#3437 1 year ago

Well here is a real screen shot of me, helpful so its not a surprise to anyone how wrong you are about everything else you write.

Screenshot 2023-03-29 at 11.06.50 (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-03-29 at 11.06.50 (resized).png

#3438 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

helpful so its not a surprise to anyone how wrong you are about everything else you write.
[quoted image]

Like you ? saying that every jjp customer is upset because they got rid of scorbit . Everyone I've spoken to are excited jjp are going to do their own thing .

IMG20230329195152 (resized).jpgIMG20230329195152 (resized).jpg

#3439 1 year ago

For us SE people, does anyone know if the speaker grill and mirror blades are something that will be available a la carte?

#3440 1 year ago
Quoted from dq13:

For us SE people, does anyone know if the speaker grill and mirror blades are something that will be available a la carte?

Not available unless you get the LE. Maybe mirror blades and shaker. But those have always been a la carte items.

#3441 1 year ago
Quoted from dq13:

You can be sure a mod maker is working on the speaker grill as we speak .

#3442 1 year ago

47:10 Mark Ritchie and Josh Sharpe state that SE’s are first, and production between july 1st- September.
Obvi things can change… but this is from the horses mouth.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/loserkid-pinball-podcast/id1449340535?i=1000604493259

#3443 1 year ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

47:10 Mark Ritchie and Josh Sharpe state that SE’s are first, and production between july 1st- September.
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/loserkid-pinball-podcast/id1449340535?i=1000604493259

ifpapinball any chance you can confirm what will be built first? SE’s or LE’s?

#3444 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Regards,
Neil.

Speaking only from my own experience owning a Wonka LE, the build quality is very high. Playfield is perfect with a beautiful clear and has not developed any issues. And support has been more than I could hope for, with JJP resolving two issues within 48 hours of my reporting, sending me at no charge new invisiglass for a mere small blemish and a new plastic that cracked.

#3445 1 year ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

ifpapinball any chance you can confirm what will be built first? SE’s or LE’s?

8C38B889-4F2D-42C0-807A-8153B4D7DB1E.gif8C38B889-4F2D-42C0-807A-8153B4D7DB1E.gif
#3446 1 year ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

I have zero to little confidence in the framing of their response!

#3447 1 year ago
Quoted from dq13:

I have zero to little confidence in the framing of their response!

Okay… good for you.
People are inquiring, and this pod interview establishes what their schedule looks like… it may change, but as of 2 weeks ago this is what they are planning.

#3448 1 year ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

But George Petro is the CEO of Play Mechanix so if he said LE's were first wouldn't that override what Josh or Mark say since they work for him?

I think alternating production to making some SE's and then some LE's back and forth until done would make everyone happy.

#3449 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

But George Petro is the CEO of Play Mechanix so if he said LE's were first wouldn't that override what Josh or Mark say since they work for him?

Maybe… maybe not.
We will see.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
$ 210.00
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
There are 6,866 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 138.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pulp-fiction-hype-thread-/page/69?hl=ray-dude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.