200w (12).gif
dc0aba7ce7e4c1b48559e4f43cf3c2ea.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
20240418_122418 (resized).jpg
20240418_122338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1636 (resized).jpeg
20240409_134125 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,095 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 142.
#3201 1 year ago

I ordered one 3 years ago when I heard there was a chance Pulp Fiction would be made. It's just luck that it was executed so well as I would have ordered regardless.

#3202 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I ordered one seconds after this. [quoted image]

Clearly photoshopped.

#3203 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I ordered one seconds after this. [quoted image]

This needs to be a meme

#3204 1 year ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Ok so here’s mine, PF launch day....
I’m at the hospital for my regular testing BS and I can’t stop thinking about the game, I kept popping into this thread and seeing people saying they were “in on an LE” and and I’m like no effing way they’ll sell 1000 of them! I keep telling myself “chill out honey bunny” you got time to make a decision, but I kept getting more and more anxious. I remember thinking holy shit this thing is gunna sell out! Then I saw this post..

And I was like oh shit Gambit is in?! I’m basically panicked as it has just dawned on me that I need to make a decision on an LE right now!... and then bam In walks my Dr, my wife snags my phone and now I’m sidelined for hours, It was a bad situation! By the time I got out of there it was late and I saw that distro’s were already selling out of LE’s.. luckily i was able to get ahold of JJ at GEX (sorry for bugging you so late JJ) on the way home from the hospital and he locked me in on an LE. I will have to sell a game to afford it but it will be worth it!

Luckily I had to leave work to let the plumber in the garage for a water heater installation. While waiting, I checked on the LE sales. Looked like they were selling fast, so I grabbed one!

#3205 1 year ago
Quoted from JordyRamone:

Can anyone measure one with the topper?

I put the 8.5"x11" game brochure against the back of the topper for reference. From the top of the backbox to the top of the Jack Rabbit Slim sign on the topper it was just a hair over 8.5" size of the paper. The top of the heads Mia and Vincent figures are a little higher than that sign so topper height is somewhere between 8.5" to 9".

#3206 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

So i put in one of the best movies ever made, the one that Tarantino wishes he'd made.

Dunno. Sounded like shit talk to me.

Doesn't matter to me either way, as I mentioned I'm mixed on his films, his swagger in general, but I definitely recognize his place in film/cultural history.

#3207 1 year ago

I spoke with David Thiel at the show and asked him about the spinner sound, which didn't sound quite right. He said he is still working though the sound effects. Apparently, there are something like 5 variations of the spinner sound in the game, but I only heard a couple. The show was so loud you really only hear certain sounds I think. The game felt like a tank, and was a lot of fun to play.

We also spoke with George Petro for quite a while and he mentioned that the LE games were going to be made first, which contradicts some statements made here in the thread.

#3208 1 year ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Ok so here’s mine, PF launch day....
I’m at the hospital for my regular testing BS and I can’t stop thinking about the game, I kept popping into this thread and seeing people saying they were “in on an LE” and and I’m like no effing way they’ll sell 1000 of them! I keep telling myself “chill out honey bunny” you got time to make a decision, but I kept getting more and more anxious. I remember thinking holy shit this thing is gunna sell out! Then I saw this post..

And I was like oh shit Gambit is in?! I’m basically panicked as it has just dawned on me that I need to make a decision on an LE right now!... and then bam In walks my Dr, my wife snags my phone and now I’m sidelined for hours, It was a bad situation! By the time I got out of there it was late and I saw that distro’s were already selling out of LE’s.. luckily i was able to get ahold of JJ at GEX on the way home (sorry for bugging you so late JJ) and he locked me in on an LE. I will have to sell a game to afford it but it will be worth it!

I LOVE the movie as well as a bunch of QT stuff. My basement has a bunch of Pulp artwork. When I found out the pin was single level though, with no screen I wasn’t interested. I was waiting for MMR. I saw the teaser but wasn’t sold. Then I saw Zach’s video and reached out to him asking how many he had left, expected a ton, and he said NONE. Now I had to have one. Scarcity is a tremendous persuader. I checked with a few distros and nada. I posted on FB on one of the forums and someone said he just canceled with Automated, told me who to call and speak to. Sure enough, I called and they had one. Locked my LE in and I’m super thrilled I did. Super nice people on FB offered a lot of good advice to track one down. Bear in mine this was less than 24 hours from release.

#3209 1 year ago

Pinsound being across from the PF setup made it impossible to hear the audio, most of the time.

That is, unless, you enjoy hearing the sound effects of Doctor Who and Twilight Zone at volume 11.

#3210 1 year ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

I LOVE the movie as well as a bunch of QT stuff. My basement has a bunch of Pulp artwork. When I found out the pin was single level though, with no screen I wasn’t interested. I was waiting for MMR. I saw the teaser but wasn’t sold. Then I saw Zach’s video and reached out to him asking how many he had left, expected a ton, and he said NONE. Now I had to have one. Scarcity is a tremendous persuader. I checked with a few distros and nada. I posted on FB on one of the forums and someone said he just canceled with Automated, told me who to call and speak to. Sure enough, I called and they had one. Locked my LE in and I’m super thrilled I did. Super nice people on FB offered a lot of good advice to track one down. Bear in mine this was less than 24 hours from release.

Man your basement artwork fucking rules.
Can you post those pics again?

#3211 1 year ago

Not being sarcastic lol. That shit was top shelf.

#3212 1 year ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Pinsound being across from the PF setup made it impossible to hear the audio, most of the time.
That is, unless, you enjoy hearing the sound effects of Doctor Who and Twilight Zone at volume 11.

Why in tf would anyone EVER turn up a DWH?

#3213 1 year ago

For us SE owners…Anyone want to make a topper using this screen… add a raspberry pi that has the movie on it?
Maybe add a couple replica guns on each side to make it hit home.

44E208A3-89CC-45DB-A66F-46C52A74C162 (resized).png44E208A3-89CC-45DB-A66F-46C52A74C162 (resized).png821FAACD-D8BA-4368-98BE-6A58E670B891 (resized).png821FAACD-D8BA-4368-98BE-6A58E670B891 (resized).png
#3214 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Man your basement artwork fucking rules.
Can you post those pics again?

Here’s a video of the man cave and a pic of the art. My wife really let me do what I want.

5FA13D4F-BD7F-4E6C-B3E7-23BEC7913DD0 (resized).jpeg5FA13D4F-BD7F-4E6C-B3E7-23BEC7913DD0 (resized).jpeg
#3215 1 year ago

Dude. We all fucking LOVE this.

#3216 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Clearly photoshopped.

glow (resized).jpgglow (resized).jpg
#3218 1 year ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

Here’s a video of the man cave and a pic of the art. My wife really let me do what I want.
[quoted image]

Just watched that vid.
I LOVE YOU GUYS.

#3219 1 year ago

NOOB OF THE YEAR 2023 TWIPY WINNER

#3220 1 year ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

[quoted image]

I can personally attest to the badass sorcery of this man’s cave.

#3221 1 year ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I can personally attest to the badass sorcery of this man’s cave.

Ha! You in on a PF for your spot?

#3222 1 year ago
Quoted from wesman:

Dunno. Sounded like shit talk to me.
Doesn't matter to me either way, as I mentioned I'm mixed on his films, his swagger in general, but I definitely recognize his place in film/cultural history.

Seeing i'm being called out twice on one innocuous comment, i'll explain.

My statement was to the effect that if someone had offered that script, with that conception and idea of how the movie should be to QT, he would have wished he'd had the chance to make it.

I'd like to google (and will when i'm straight), if anyone has ever asked him his motivating movies and made particular reference to Badlands.

I'm not into all that celebrity shit, and know fuck all names, but i can recognise a songwriter, a singer, and a director i know the body of work on by the style sometimes.

I think if he'd been big back in 1973 and was offered this he would have jumped on it.

Once again, i was not shit talking anyone, i believe he probs wishes he'd had the chance to shoot that story with those actors.

If that's your definition of shit talk, then you are correct.

Googled;

Cult Movies: Tarantino-written crime caper True Romance 'a movie nerd's version of Badlands'

https://www.irishnews.com/arts/2021/08/06/news/cult-movies-tarantino-written-crime-caper-true-romance-a-movie-nerd-s-version-of-badlands--2406385/

Seems i'm not the first person to have this thought.

#3223 1 year ago

Ordering stories, huh? It’s true, I’m one of the dorks fortunate enough to be able to buy silly toys on occasion. Well, I actually don’t know if it was common knowledge that they were going on sale that Monday, but I certainly had no idea. I was excited to see the game, hoping to see some gameplay… it was on my radar but not at the front of my mind. Then I saw the trailer and really liked what I saw. We’re at our limit of pins, so I knew I’d need to sell one, but I thought the game looked good enough for that.

My friend alerted me to the fact that they were already on sale late Monday afternoon. I checked the specs. As you all know, the topper was so dope I suddenly was at immediate decision time as to whether we needed the cherry on top or if I could wait for the wife to get back from her work trip. I texted her the trailer and told her she probably needed to call me if she thought it was as beautiful as I did. She called within 5 minutes and was quoting the movie to me in between complimenting this or that aspect of the cabinet or playfield. Her favorite games are the ones she talks to—the ones where she’s involved and knows what they’re going to say, and I realized this was a chance to get one we’d both probably love.

Only our second new in box game, first we didn’t get to play first, but I paid the deposit on the bad mother flipper as she was saying that we gotta appreciate what an explosive element this Bonnie situation is. Real. Real. REAL excited. Now to decide what to sell…

#3224 1 year ago

You are not in the running tldr thanks.

#3226 1 year ago

Contrarian Impressions:

I was just wondering if there are any other visitors to this thread whose enthusiasm for PF was actually diminished in response to the gameplay clips from TPF.

Yeah, it looked cool, but...

1. LONG ball times
2. Limited shots
3. No magnet action
4. Uncharacteristically bad (for David Thiel) sound effects
5. Repetitive gameplay (every festival goer who played the game seemed to start Briefcase Boogie MB)
6. Ugly/unimaginative use of RGB insert and GI lighting (All green? Yuck!)
7. Too many callouts from too many sources
8. Repetitive/limited music tracks
9. A good looking topper that is still, well, dull
10. A peculiar absence of Butch (did Willis and QT have a falling out?)
11. No real skill shots
12. Art that is "hand drawn" but still not exceptional

Is it fair to nitpick? Perhaps not, but we don't all have to be on the hype train.

I like the movie a lot, and I like CGC's commitment to quality a lot, and I was super jazzed to learn more about this game, but I'm much less excited about it now, after TPF, than I was before it. Of course playing it is the only way to make a fair judgement, but these are my *impressions*. Nothing more and nothing less. Am I the only one?

#3227 1 year ago

Since we're sharing how we got our spots....

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3228 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I ordered one 3 years ago when I heard there was a chance Pulp Fiction would be made. It's just luck that it was executed so well as I would have ordered regardless.

This is one of the shitty practices that should be stopped. the boy's club ordering before the game is on sale.

I get that repeat customers should get some recognition, but when ordering opens here and some of the distributors only have 20 CE's for the whole country or less, you call within minutes of the announcement to find that they were sold on spec a year or more before the announcement, cause rumours and boy's club?

So maybe reserve half for the boy's club and first clubber in get's em...AFTER announcement. The other half, free for all, AFTER the announcement, boys club included, one only.

Selling rumours is bad practice.

#3229 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

This is one of the shitty practices that should be stopped. the boy's club ordering before the game is on sale.
I get that repeat customers should get some recognition, but when ordering opens here and some of the distributors only have 20 CE's for the whole country or less, you call within minutes of the announcement to find that they were sold on spec a year or more before the announcement, cause rumours and boy's club?
So maybe reserve half for the boy's club and first clubber in get's em...AFTER announcement. The other half, free for all, AFTER the announcement, boys club included, one only.
Selling rumours is bad practice.

WTF punkin . I told the distributor I would buy a Pulp Fiction LE, sight unseen, 3 years ago - he put me on the "list". I chased him up numerous times when the rumour resurfaced or became more likely. Still on "the list". When I had it confirmed to me it was happening soon, not by the distributor, I kept hassling him. Each time he said he cant confirm anything/doesn't know anything/cant take an order. Finally it was released, he sent me an order form, along with everyone else, I paid the deposit within 10 minutes. Distro still wouldnt confirm I had an LE until 2-3 days later. I guarantee you I was one of the first in the country to pay a deposit. No muthafuckin boys club here mate.

#3230 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Contrarian Impressions:
I was just wondering if there are any other visitors to this thread whose enthusiasm for PF was actually diminished in response to the gameplay clips from TPF.
1. LONG ball times
2. Limited shots
3. No magnet action
5. Repetitive gameplay (every festival goer who played the game seemed to start Briefcase Boogie MB)
11. No real skill shots
Is it fair to nitpick? Perhaps not, but we don't all have to be on the hype train.
I like the movie a lot, and I like CGC's commitment to quality a lot, and I was super jazzed to learn more about this game, but I'm much less excited about it now, after TPF, than I was before it. Of course playing it is the only way to make a fair judgement, but these are my *impressions*. Nothing more and nothing less. Am I the only one?

Apreciatte the views, people should not be worried about fanbois downvoting just because you don't like the same things.

I'd counter some of them as personal views and some as maybe not accurate, but you played it and i haven't.

1. game can be tuned, like any, for ball times. ask an operator.
2. Maybe?
3. There is a pretty cool magnet in it.

5. Tuning again, there will be difficulty settings in the menu like all modern machines.
6. Code may change.

8. Probs, i'd like to see more songs. Deadpool has 11 PF has 5.
9. Can't agree, but you have your view. I can see it, but disagree.
10. Who gives a fuck who's face is on the 'unexceptional' plastics.
11. haven't looked
12. It could have been like Stern 24. The comic art is one of the things i like best. Maybe could have been better, but it's ok.

Yes it's fair to nitpick. Not every game is for everyone. This one, you get it or you don't.

#3231 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

WTF punkin . I told the distributor I would buy a Pulp Fiction LE, sight unseen, 3 years ago - he put me on the "list". I chased him up numerous times when the rumour resurfaced or became more likely. Stil on "the list". When I had it confirmed to me it was happening soon, not by the distributor, I kept hassling him. Each time he said he cant confirm anything/doesn't know anything/cant take an order. Finally it was released, he sent me an order form, I paid the deposit within 10 minutes. Distro still wouldnt confirm I had an LE until 2-3 days later. I guarantee you I was one of the first in the country to pay a deposit. No muthafuckin boys club here mate.

Sure is, he sent you the form. You said it yourself.

The machine was reserved for you if you paid.

Not saying it's your fault, just saying it's a shitty practice.

#3232 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Sure is, he sent you the form. You said it yourself.
The machine was reserved for you if you paid.

I understand what youre talking about, but I can assure I am not in this particular "Boys Club".

#3233 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I understand what youre talking about, but I can assure I am not in this particular "Boys Club".

That's fine, the post you quoted wasn't addressed to you or anyone else in particular. I just highlighted a sensitive problem..

For sure the people who buy every machine (collectors or operators) SHOULD be looked after as regular customers are.

But it seems there needs to be a more open and honest system. something like Haggis or Spooky are doing with their preorder club or something?

Gold member get's early warning or some other advantage on SOME of the CE's of the new games? Other part of the CE/LE is open to anyone?

Dunno, but it's a problem.

Not for those of us who Wayne won't talk to, but the problem is with all the distributors here. It'd be nice if it was more open.

#3234 1 year ago

Contrarian Impressions:
1. LONG ball times
2. Limited shots
3. No magnet action
11. No real skill shots

Agree I’m waiting on the MM remake that was supposed to be available this year.

#3235 1 year ago

Contrarian Impressions:
1. LONG ball times
2. Limited shots
3. No magnet action
11. No real skill shots

I think it's just you , and those sentiments do not belong in The Best Hype Thread Ever!
(Who'd have thought a late 70's throwback machine at $8k+ could generate such hype)

#3236 1 year ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I think it's just you , and those sentiments do not belong in The Best Hype Thread Ever!
(Who'd have thought a late 70's throwback machine at $8k+ could generate such hype)

Don't agree. Censoring well thought out views is unhealthy.

Especially if it's just because it doesn't agree with the majority.

#3237 1 year ago

Some interesting details mentioned in that TPF presentation:

All the GI is RGB
The flashers are classic 12V
PETG Target decals, not vinyl stickers
Silkscreen playfield
Cabinet decals clear coated after application
Cabinet RGB light box with integrated flashers over the rear of the playfield
Flashers in Backbox behind each character & synced with speech
Adjustable backbox door with supports & magnets to hold open
Many more Etc etc etc

Build quality is really impressive. Seems like you are getting what you pay for with the LE.

44DD450E-9A5A-4C5C-B5BA-4852A3C4AD08 (resized).jpeg44DD450E-9A5A-4C5C-B5BA-4852A3C4AD08 (resized).jpeg55187393-ECE2-40EC-871E-C71A28952F3D (resized).jpeg55187393-ECE2-40EC-871E-C71A28952F3D (resized).jpeg6F3AD21B-1169-4943-8FD9-7B0D10CBE762 (resized).jpeg6F3AD21B-1169-4943-8FD9-7B0D10CBE762 (resized).jpegF2AEF20C-8595-4611-880E-11A4C29685AB (resized).jpegF2AEF20C-8595-4611-880E-11A4C29685AB (resized).jpeg73A2BA71-D55D-4074-BE43-BD3875BED099 (resized).jpeg73A2BA71-D55D-4074-BE43-BD3875BED099 (resized).jpeg
#3238 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Don't agree. Censoring well thought out views is unhealthy.

Especially if it's just because it doesn't agree with the majority.

Sorry, I was kidding, hence the smiley face. Sometimes attempts at humor just don't come across .

#3239 1 year ago

Sorry, i couldn't tell. I've seen it owners and hype thread before, so responded.

I should be less short on the trigger....

#3240 1 year ago

One thing to just be aware of is the way PF’s audio setup works there is no way to get a direct feed.

I’d wait for a proper stream setup to hear the sound, but it will have to be mic’d and likely won’t quite reflect the in person experience.

#3241 1 year ago

Any ideas chaps when there will be a proper gameplay stream?

#3242 1 year ago

Any idea on shipping? Trying to get caught up on the one million comments

#3243 1 year ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

Any idea on shipping? Trying to get caught up on the one million comments

Likely 2024 for le’s.

#3244 1 year ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

Ordering stories, huh? It’s true, I’m one of the dorks fortunate enough to be able to buy silly toys on occasion. Well, I actually don’t know if it was common knowledge that they were going on sale that Monday, but I certainly had no idea. I was excited to see the game, hoping to see some gameplay… it was on my radar but not at the front of my mind. Then I saw the trailer and really liked what I saw. We’re at our limit of pins, so I knew I’d need to sell one, but I thought the game looked good enough for that.
My friend alerted me to the fact that they were already on sale late Monday afternoon. I checked the specs. As you all know, the topper was so dope I suddenly was at immediate decision time as to whether we needed the cherry on top or if I could wait for the wife to get back from her work trip. I texted her the trailer and told her she probably needed to call me if she thought it was as beautiful as I did. She called within 5 minutes and was quoting the movie to me in between complimenting this or that aspect of the cabinet or playfield. Her favorite games are the ones she talks to—the ones where she’s involved and knows what they’re going to say, and I realized this was a chance to get one we’d both probably love.
Only our second new in box game, first we didn’t get to play first, but I paid the deposit on the bad mother flipper as she was saying that we gotta appreciate what an explosive element this Bonnie situation is. Real. Real. REAL excited. Now to decide what to sell…

Your wife sounds awesome. It could be a Greys Anatomy or an Oprah pin and my wife still wouldn’t want one. She hates video games and pinball. Oh, she also doesn’t lobe PF..

#3245 1 year ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

How is it that so many people came away from TPF wanting a PF? Foo and Pulp were all I saw people talking about. Very few were excited about Godfather. I watched post after post of people saying how beautiful the machine was, how awesome the topper is, and how shocked they were they loved the game. Many who never even saw the movie.

If that’s how you feel about the game, why even be on the hype thread? Move on. It’s cool you don’t dig it. Not everything is for everyone, but don’t take the wind out of the sails for all the peeps on here who will be waiting for October for the pin and are pumped.

#3246 1 year ago

Contrarian Impressions:
1. LONG ball times
2. Limited shots
3. No magnet action
11. No real skill shots

For those of us that suck at pinball, I don't find any deterrents or regrets here. : ) I'm a system 11 guy at heart, so this marriage of modern and vintage, including shots and rulesets, is a dream machine for me

#3247 1 year ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

Awesome setup! When can I come over?

#3248 1 year ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

She hates video games and pinball. Oh, she also doesn’t lobe PF..

Sounds a lot like my wife... she has no taste for any of it (video games, pinball) and is lukewarm about on PF. I wanted to watch it again the other night and she gave this look like WTF; really? Oh well...

#3249 1 year ago

May need to email George Petro to see if he will confirm that the LEs will be first on the line. It makes sense to have the LEs made first*

* I may be biased as a LE customer

#3250 1 year ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Some interesting details mentioned in that TPF presentation:
All the GI is RGB
The flashers are classic 12V
PETG Target decals, not vinyl stickers
Silkscreen playfield
Cabinet decals clear coated after application
Cabinet RGB light box with integrated flashers over the rear of the playfield
Flashers in Backbox behind each character & synced with speech
Adjustable backbox door with supports & magnets to hold open
Many more Etc etc etc
Build quality is really impressive. Seems like you are getting what you pay for with the LE.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

All those features are SE and LE, not just LE.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Francisco, CA
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

8,399 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Trade
Machine - For Sale
Romeoville, IL
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,095 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 142.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pulp-fiction-hype-thread-/page/65?hl=dantesmark and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.