200w (12).gif
dc0aba7ce7e4c1b48559e4f43cf3c2ea.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
20240418_122418 (resized).jpg
20240418_122338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1636 (resized).jpeg
20240409_134125 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,095 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 142.
#3001 1 year ago

I rewatched the movie. I never really put it together before, but Vincent is always going to the bathroom to try to crap because he’s addicted to opioids and thus constipated.

#3002 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

LMAO thinking of your post on showing your kids fiscal responsibility. Go for it!!!

I'll be selling two pins to get PF... Or drain the college fund. I'll just teach my kid plumbing instead lol.

#3003 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I'll be selling two pins to get PF... Or drain the college fund. I'll just teach my kid plumbing instead lol.

2 for 1 is tricky.I’ve been happy with most deals I’ve made over the years but the ole 2 for 1 can be second guessed after the dust settles.
I wish this traditional pin came with a more traditional price tag it would be a no brained!Its Pulp Fiction!

#3004 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

2 for 1 is tricky.I’ve been happy with most deals I’ve made over the years but the ole 2 for 1 can be second guessed after the dust settles.
I wish this traditional pin came with a more traditional price tag it would be a no brained!Its Pulp Fiction!

The wife always said no more than 2 pins at a time. I was up to five. Now four, so if it gets me PF to downsize, I'm ok with that. EatPM and PF is the plan.

Wondering how many people are having burgers for breakfast at TPF, trying to cure their hangovers lol

#3005 1 year ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Syringe in the shooter lane… hoping to make the syringe plunger the actual ball plunger.

I thought about this too, but I kinda don’t want to mess with the simplicity of the silver plunger ball. It looks so damn good up front!

#3006 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

The wife always said no more than 2 pins at a time. I was up to five. Now four, so if it gets me PF to downsize, I'm ok with that. EatPM and PF is the plan.
Wondering how many people are having burgers for breakfast at TPF, trying to cure their hangovers lol

I support that plan! EATPM is the game that gets the most play at my house, The Getaway #2 and the Shadow #3, seems like the casual players like simpler games. I'll be happy with a PF SE, unless an LE falls from the sky, I don't think I'll have a choice!

#3007 1 year ago
Quoted from stumblor:If crowds and lines are anything to go by, it was the pin of the day for sure.

I don't mean to be less than supportive, but festival goers I spoke to said the lines were long because they weren't moving. They weren't moving because ball times are very long on PF.

#3008 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

I don't mean to be less than supportive, but festival goers I spoke to said the lines were long because they weren't moving. They weren't moving because ball times are very long on PF.

Open up the outlanes that will solve the problem.

#3009 1 year ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

I thought about this too, but I kinda don’t want to mess with the simplicity of the silver plunger ball. It looks so damn good up front!

This is one game that people should leave be. Before you add something ask yourself: would Quentin approve?

#3010 1 year ago
Quoted from friscopinball:

It’s a winner. My initial impression was that I’m pissed I didn’t secure an LE.
What a great shooter. I did two MB modes and hit about 1.95m.
Those spinner rips are classically satisfying.

Finally a video of someone who plays more like how I play and doesn't just try to hit the ball as soon as they can.

#3011 1 year ago

All the videos I’ve seen show the ball to be very floaty which can be easily fixed. And as another person pointed out, open out the outlanes and tighten the tilt and you’ll have a harder game. It’s all about how the game is setup…

#3012 1 year ago

Definitely very long ball times. Easy fixes though. Crank up the angle and remove the Star posts that block like 75% of the outlane...

#3013 1 year ago

None of the games I played had long ball times - but take that with a grain of salt

#3014 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Teaching your kids plumbing is a good plan but selling Bram Stokers Dracula is not imho

#3015 1 year ago

If someone is at TPF, can you try and measure the height of the figures on the topper. Working on a homemade topper idea. Thanks for the help!

#3016 1 year ago

I thought it was going to be in a classic SS style cabinet, but guess in hindsight you could tell it wasn’t from the videos. Was a bit disappointed by that when I saw in person. I’m sure one of the few.

#3017 1 year ago

After seeing a couple of videos , it sounded a bit tinny , maybe an audio upgrade is needed to take full advantage of the great sound package

#3018 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Plumbing business owners live in some of the nicest houses out here where I live, you usually can’t go wrong teaching a trade. Plumbers don’t smell shit, they smell the money!

The fact that people were hanging around in the long lines shows genuine interest to me. From all the videos I’ve seen so far it looks and sounds like people are having an absolute blast playing this one. It really is refreshing to see this kind of interest for a throwback type of machine and I’m so happy I jumped on the LE when orders went live!

#3019 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

After seeing a couple of videos , it sounded a bit tinny , maybe an audio upgrade is needed to take full advantage of the great sound package

I thought the same hearing it in person. Funny enough, it’s setup across from the PinSound booth.

#3020 1 year ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Syringe in the shooter lane… hoping to make the syringe plunger the actual ball plunger.

Yeah that is a great idea. You gonna make one? If so let me know.

#3021 1 year ago
Quoted from friscopinball:

Those spinner rips are classically satisfying.

With David T’s sound package those spinner rips sound like they will rip your face off!

#3022 1 year ago

the queue to play Pulp Fiction is out the door, where and the queue to play Queen is... well the show must go on.

#3023 1 year ago

If I order a base model now. What's the actual ideal expected delivery date? Didn't the base CCR ship at a decent time? Just the LE's had the issue right? And what WAS the issue with the CCR LE's taking so damn long to deliver?

Thank you.

#3024 1 year ago
Quoted from Sandman33:

If I order a base model now. What's the actual ideal expected delivery date?

I’d say end of the year most likely. Maybe sooner if lucky.

#3025 1 year ago
Quoted from Sandman33:

If I order a base model now. What's the actual ideal expected delivery date? Didn't the base CCR ship at a decent time? Just the LE's had the issue right? And what WAS the issue with the CCR LE's taking so damn long to deliver?
Thank you.

2 days ago, my distributors best guess was Oct/Nov for the SE I ordered.

#3026 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Considering buying a base model, installing the shaker and mirrorblades, then seeing if Pinwoofer has a system for it by the time it actually drops. You'd have better sound than the LE and you can just buy a BMF wallet and put it somewhere...church it up as I see fit I guess.

Since the LE's are GONE anyway might just be the only option.

#3027 1 year ago
Quoted from Sandman33:

Considering buying a base model, installing the shaker and mirrorblades, then seeing if Pinwoofer has a system for it by the time it actually drops. You'd have better sound than the LE and you can just buy a BMF wallet and put it somewhere...church it up as I see fit I guess.

I'm sure you'll be able to get a lot of mods to make the SE look even better but that topper is really sweet .

#3028 1 year ago
Quoted from Sandman33:

Thank you.

my take - the reason CCR was taking so long is because CGC actually care about their customers and don't want to ship something that they know might have an issue.

#3029 1 year ago
Quoted from Sandman33:

you snooze you lose!

#3030 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I'm sure you'll be able to get a lot of mods to make the SE look even better but that topper is really sweet .

Yeah no doubt. If they refuse to sell them separately that will keep the LE's value to ludicrous speed GO. Could prolly take the NIB LE you ordered, put it in your garage for a year and make 4 grand on it.

#3031 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

my take - the reason CCR was taking so long is because CGC actually care about their customers and don't want to ship something that they know might have an issue.

Yes...but what was the issue? I'm glad CGC cares about their quality and I totally agree they do. They make the most solid machines available IMHO. But what was the issue they had with the CCR LE?

#3032 1 year ago

I'nm going to do a Twitch Stream from the show at 13:30 local time from my phone - https://twitch.tv/NeilMcRae/

#3033 1 year ago
Quoted from Sandman33:

Yeah no doubt. If they refuse to sell them separately that will keep the LE's value to ludicrous speed GO. Could prolly take the NIB LE you ordered, put it in your garage for a year and make 4 grand on it.

You could easily flip the LE and they won't sell the toppers separately .
But it is the new shiny and excitement for it is probably at its highest right now .

#3034 1 year ago
Quoted from Sandman33:

Yes...but what was the issue? I'm glad CGC cares about their quality and I totally agree they do. They make the most solid machines available IMHO. But what was the issue they had with the CCR LE?

The issue was a part in the topper that was unavailable. I read it was a board or chip. I have no inside info but that is what I’ve pieced together after following the CCr hype thread for the past 9 months as I wait for my SE +. The delays are one thing but the complete lack of communication from CGC is what cheesed everyone off.

#3035 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Are you an employee?

#3036 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Yes and No.....yes they care about building a quality product, but No because the NEVER communicate delays to customers or distributors so everyone is just sitting around waiting....It will probably take them 2 years to get through the CCR LE's so quality clearly isn't the only issue. We all know they build great machines (I own al of their LE's), but communication and getting games out the door is not their forte....

#3037 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Teach him/her right…they’ll make more money being self employed with their name on the side of the van anyway…
Nothing to be ashamed of in the blue collar world.

#3038 1 year ago

150 - 400k is what’s going on in this neck of the woods. Definitely not a bad thing to get into a skilled trade.

#3039 1 year ago

Anyone at the show,how’s PF holding up after a couple hundred plays? Seen any of them being worked on yet?

#3040 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

I thought the same hearing it in person. Funny enough, it’s setup across from the PinSound booth.

Pinsound package would be a no brainer of it's a keeper. That music.... i listen to Tarantino playlists on spotify regularly.

#3041 1 year ago

I think the whole idea of not having staged and scripted, edited gameplay vid released first was brilliant.

We get real time footage of a real game being played by people like us, and the real views of those first to play guys being bantered back and forth and available for questions on gameplay.

Well done on that CGC. And i'm glad you guys had fun with it. Pinball is supposed to be fun.

#3042 1 year ago

Wonder if the save post was installed on some games? Surely they’d take it out at a festival.

#3043 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

But maybe? MM is known only to the small niche of pinball nerds while PF is a huge mass market film. It may bring in a whole class of buyers who’ve never bought before.

Maybe. Time will tell.

#3044 1 year ago

Is there a forum up on potential mods for this yet?

#3045 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

It is going to be fun having PF and 60th side by side :=)

Love it!

Honesty is the way to true happiness. We missed out on a PFLE but we will still be happy with our SE.

#3046 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Wonder if the save post was installed on some games? Surely they’d take it out at a festival.

At home you can always crank up the angle and open up the outlanes if it's on the easy side.

#3047 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

I would say most likely SE first.

Zach told me this too a few weeks back. SE first then LEs unfortunately

#3048 1 year ago
Quoted from acupunk12:

Is there a forum up on potential mods for this yet?

Pinsound, antireflective glass. That's all you need. Don't be cable tying toys in there.

#3049 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I was watching a Facebook live video this morning of gameplay and there appeared to be a save post installed on the game that was being played. With the long lines to play the game you would of thought they would’ve removed all the save post to keep the lines moving.

Edit: I believe it was originally said that the save post was optional to use in this game and that is how the game/playfield was designed was by Ritchie.. I may be wrong on this, someone else can chime in if I am. If the game was designed to only be played with the save post then I agree with leaving it in at the show.

#3050 1 year ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I was watching a Facebook live video this morning of gameplay and there appeared to be a save post installed on the game that was being played. With the long lines to play the game you to thought they would’ve removed all the safe posts to keep the lines moving.

They never do that with new games. They set them up stock. All I’ve ever seen is setting them to 1-2 balls.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

8,399 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Machine - For Sale
Romeoville, IL
Wanted
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,095 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 142.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pulp-fiction-hype-thread-/page/61?hl=knackers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.