200w (12).gif
dc0aba7ce7e4c1b48559e4f43cf3c2ea.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
20240418_122418 (resized).jpg
20240418_122338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1636 (resized).jpeg
20240409_134125 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,095 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 142.
#2601 1 year ago

Great, now I have to find something else to complain about. How long does it take potatoes to upload photos on a 56k modem?

#2602 1 year ago

Don't get off your tricycles, i'll pick your pump up.

#2603 1 year ago

I want to play GTF...I want to own (and play) PF.

#2604 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Seems like something Tarantino might never have noticed with his unique approach to spelling, but nice to have it corrected for the rest of us nerds!

Ya, it's like if I had a choice between just a score board or whatever GTF did with their lcd videos I would pick just the score.

#2605 1 year ago

I honestly want to sell everything and just have PF and EatPM. I'm so over the deep rules and PhD style games.

The only problem, I haven't played PF yet so fuck my life.

Probably gonna want an LE because that topper looks so cool. I'm screwed.

#2606 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I honestly want to sell everything and just have PF and EatPM. I'm so over the deep rules and PhD style games.

Even tho it’s a great game, I feel like I will prob end up selling my Godzilla before others…as I gravitate toward my games with simpler rules & shorter ball times. I think PF is gonna be perfect for my quick game preference.

#2607 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Even tho it’s a great game, I feel like I will prob end up selling my Godzilla before others…as I gravitate toward my games with simpler rules & shorter ball times. I think PF is gonna be perfect for my quick game preference.

I’ll see you guys in a couple years wanting to buy games that keep your interest longer?
Haha

#2608 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I’ll see you guys in a couple years wanting to buy guys that keep your interest longer?

Guys don't ever keep my interest, unless they are like Vince and Jules

#2609 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

"Jimmy Edition" gonna go for $60k on pinside

We made this same joke. Not sure I'm willing to let go of my "Jimmy" prototype just yet.

#2610 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Guys don't ever keep my interest, unless they are like Vince and Jules

Corrected

#2611 1 year ago

I'm excited for my LE. Especially happy to choose PF over GTF after their video today. I felt like I was going to be playing a late 90's command and conquer game watching it. It may not be a bad shooter, but the vids will be old after the first 4 games and skipped every time lol.

#2612 1 year ago

Being interested in shorter games is a natural part of the pinball life cycle.

Everyone has different tastes, you don't have to like what other people do, but it's very common to get burned out on long ball times. They make poor multiplayer experiences with your friends, and can feel like a chore to start playing.

My life is such that my gaming time in general is very bite-sized. I'm busy. One reason I play fighting games is I can do a few Street Fighter matches and feel like I had a satisfying experience, while playing some longer RPG or story based game isn't really great for only do 20-30 minutes as a time.

Simpler ≠ easy, a challenge can hold your interest for a long time even if it's you don't have to print the rules on a poster.

I doubt many players are going to hit the PF wizard mode quickly.

#2613 1 year ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

Great catch! We actually caught that in time for production so it'll be spelled correctly.
We had some bets going in the office if anyone was going to catch it from the promo video . . . time to cash those bets out! Good eye!

Nobody wants to "loose" a bet regarding misspelled words on a pinball machine.

snooze-loose (resized).pngsnooze-loose (resized).png
#2614 1 year ago

All you Pulp Fiction fans, vote for your favorite game by clicking the link below:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-lots-of-choices-which-is-best/page/4#post-7486667

#2615 1 year ago

Why?

#2616 1 year ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

We made this same joke. Not sure I'm willing to let go of my "Jimmy" prototype just yet.

It'll be a discussion between you and your son.

#2617 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

My life is such that my gaming time in general is very bite-sized. I'm busy.

Dude, less Pinside and more playing
I’m speaking for a few of us! All these releases are crazy.

#2618 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I’ll see you guys in a couple years wanting to buy games that keep your interest longer?
Haha

Depth doesn’t inherently keep my interest or equal a superior experience. Great design/rules do. Sometimes great design/rules are less deep. I’ve been enjoying Iron Man for 12 years. The layout & rules are a perfect combo. I always love hitting the War Machine kickback. I always love fighting the Monger. Not even remotely losing my interest in that game. My LOTR is right next to it. I love LOTR, but I barely fire it up. I’d rather have a few quick 3-5 min games than commit to a 45 min LOTR session. Godzilla is a masterpiece - but also a game I need to commit significant time to play 1 game. I find myself playing TNA, R&M, or JP instead. (JP is really deep, but it tends to kick my ass quickly)

#2619 1 year ago
Quoted from RTS:

Nobody wants to "loose" a bet regarding misspelled words on a pinball machine. [quoted image]

I’m still amazed that Stern didn’t create a replacement backboard decal, or even just a small cover-up decal for that. Really wouldn’t have cost them anything to do so.

#2620 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Depth doesn’t inherently keep my interest or equal a superior experience. Great design/rules do. Sometimes great design/rules are less deep. I’ve been enjoying Iron Man for 12 years. The layout & rules are a perfect combo. I always love hitting the War Machine kickback. I always love fighting the Monger. Not even remotely losing my interest in that game. My LOTR is right next to it. I love LOTR, but I barely fire it up. I’d rather have a few quick 3-5 min games than commit to a 45 min LOTR session. Godzilla is a masterpiece - but also a game I need to commit significant time to play 1 game. I find myself playing TNA, R&M, or JP instead. (JP is really deep, but it tends to kick my ass quickly)

Iron-Man is about to become my longest owned game...and it's never leaving. LOTR left a long time ago.

#2621 1 year ago

I was able to put some games on the Bond 60th LE and I thought the flippers, Stern, really felt good in that game. If PF has similar flipper feel, B/W feel, I think this game is gonna really kick some ass. Way better priced than Bond 60th, better game play, and awesome audio from Thiel will make this the one to have between the two. Can’t wait to hear some reviews from TPF this weekend.

#2622 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I was able to put some games on the Bond 60th LE and I thought the flippers, Stern, really felt good in that game. If PF has similar flipper feel, B/W feel, I think this game is gonna really kick some ass. Way better priced than Bond 60th, better game play, and awesome audio from Thiel will make this the one to have between the two. Can’t wait to hear some reviews from TPF this weekend.

I've always thought the CGC games have good flipper feel. And with this being original theme you won't have all the 'doesn't play like the old ones'.

#2623 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You mutherfuckers! Another great job on the "featurette" guys

Quoted from Aurich:

These SDTM features are so well done

I agree featurette was done very well. Special kudos to Matt Wilson for doing the teaser, the trailer and the game features video. Matt is an excellent photographer/videographer and is showing his passion for Pinball.

#2624 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Being interested in shorter games is a natural part of the pinball life cycle.
Everyone has different tastes, you don't have to like what other people do, but it's very common to get burned out on long ball times. They make poor multiplayer experiences with your friends, and can feel like a chore to start playing.
My life is such that my gaming time in general is very bite-sized. I'm busy. One reason I play fighting games is I can do a few Street Fighter matches and feel like I had a satisfying experience, while playing some longer RPG or story based game isn't really great for only do 20-30 minutes as a time.
Simpler ≠ easy, a challenge can hold your interest for a long time even if it's you don't have to print the rules on a poster.
I doubt many players are going to hit the PF wizard mode quickly.

Three to five minute games match my lifestyle. I tend to work long hours and I like decompressing at 11:00 p.m. to midnight. I descend into my basement arcade and gravitate towards the EMs, which have traditionally comprised 80% of my line-up.

Variety is important to me, though. Consequently, I've usually had games from every era: 1930s prewars, 1950s woodrails, 60s/70s EMs, 80s solid states, DMD-era games, modern games, plus a few arcades. The 1940s was a weak decade for pinball so that era is represented by a Keeney Deluxe Texas Leaguer pitch & bat arcade.

Pulp Fiction checks off several boxes for those of us interested in relatively short games because it posseses such a bountiful list of audio, artistic and thematic elements. Plus, it's sort of "double retro" insofar as it's a 2023 release of a 1994 film, channeling 1970s American culture. What's not to like? It's irresistible.

Screenshot_20230322_235324_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230322_235324_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230322_235329_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230322_235329_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230322_235444_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230322_235444_Gallery (resized).jpg
#2625 1 year ago

I could get lost for a month in there if you dropped a carton of beer in each day.

What an incredible space. You must be very grateful for what you have.

#2626 1 year ago

Wonder if they’ll ever let us check out the wide body design Mark was working on? Would be interesting to look at….

#2627 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

I could get lost for a month in there if you dropped a carton of beer in each day.

Thank you. I am grateful.

Corona is in the basement fridge at all times.

Monster stereo equipment with vintage turntable provides the music. Large HO scale slot car track is set up in the back. Plenty of Aurora tjets, Atlas, Tyco, AJs, Riggin, Cobramite and other brass chassis cars to race.

Library with 10K volumes covering the history of ideas, philosophy, the social sciences, physical sciences, poetry, art and literature. Mostly complete collection of Harper torchbooks and Viking Portable series. Cozy seats for the readers in a nook and the high ceiling lends an openness to the subterranean space.

Decor is entirely pedestrian. . .nothing fancy. The fun is in the games, the retro aesthetic and the conversation.

Open invitation to Pinsider friends. I love having fellow pinball enthusiasts over.

#2628 1 year ago

2 ton of malt barley in there and lock the door for 3 years then.

I wish i was half that cool.

Probs at least half as grateful though.

We are the very lucky ones, and there's no rhyme behind it.

#2629 1 year ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Three to five minute games match my lifestyle. I tend to work long hours and I like decompressing at 11:00 p.m. to midnight. I descend into my basement arcade and gravitate towards the EMs, which have traditionally comprised 80% of my line-up.
Variety is important to me, though. Consequently, I've usually had games from every era: 1930s prewars, 1950s woodrails, 60s/70s EMs, 80s solid states, DMD-era games, modern games, plus a few arcades. The 1940s was a weak decade for pinball so that era is represented by a Keeney Deluxe Texas Leaguer pitch & bat arcade.
Pulp Fiction checks off several boxes for those of us interested in relatively short games because it posseses such a bountiful list of audio, artistic and thematic elements. Plus, it's sort of "double retro" insofar as it's a 2023 release of a 1994 film, channeling 1970s American culture. What's not to like? It's irresistible. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Im loving the pre war tables. I'll take a world series off your hands

#2630 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

All you Pulp Fiction fans, vote for your favorite game by clicking the link below:

Voted.

#2631 1 year ago
Quoted from JordyRamone:

Im loving the pre war tables. I'll take a world series off your hands

I bought the Rockola World's Series (gray cabinet example) in 1984. Earlier this year, I bought the one on the left (black cabinet example) because it's a prototype (serial #38), the earliest known example. The prototype playfield has "Champion Model" as an added graphic and several other cosmetic (and mechanical) variations. Restoration is nearly complete.

Like purely mechanical pinball games, the Pulp Fiction game is clever. That's what draws me to it.

#2632 1 year ago
Quoted from ZNET:

I bought the Rockola World's Series (gray cabinet example) in 1984. Earlier this year, I bought the one on the left (black cabinet example) because it's a prototype (serial #38), the earliest known example. The prototype playfield has "Champion Model" as an added graphic and several other cosmetic (and mechanical) variations. Restoration is nearly complete.
Like purely mechanical pinball games, the Pulp Fiction game is clever. That's what draws me to it.

What a great series of posts, and it's neat to see you chime in on this game in particular, given the games you own, and your overall approach towards the hobby.

Really fantastic way to end the day! Thank you for sharing!

#2633 1 year ago
Quoted from wesman:

What a great series of posts, and it's neat to see you chime in on this game in particular, given the games you own, and your overall approach towards the hobby.
Really fantastic way to end the day! Thank you for sharing!

My fur coat.

I want to marry him/her when i grow up.

#2634 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Great, now I have to find something else to complain about.

Well you could complain about the gun still being blue even though Jules and Vincent used stainless guns

Pinside_forum_7486394_0 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7486394_0 (resized).jpg
#2635 1 year ago
Quoted from Bundy:

Well you could complain about the gun still being blue even though Jules and Vincent used stainless guns [quoted image]

If spelling mistakes are his thing, you're 'shot'. The gun is black, but it's blued.

#2636 1 year ago

Fair enough

#2637 1 year ago

So I'm laying here in my bed, reading through this thread. I'm having a horrible time getting over the reality of how I moved on this too slowly and will not get my hands on an LE. I wanted one so very badly. Oh well, you snooze you lose.

I have, however, figured out how to make myself feel better about this unfortunate turn of events. To honor the vulger spirit of Pulp Fiction, I will call every distributor in the USA tomorrow during the day. One by one. EVERY ONE OF THEM. Each time, I will inquire about the availability of a Pulp Fiction LE. Every time I do not get an immediate response I will yell into the phone:

"FUCK YOU, LANCE - ANSWER!"

Then maybe I will just hang up...

Can not wait to see this game. It looks amazing. Might have to slum it and buy the basic model...

#2638 1 year ago
Quoted from SilverBallKid:

So I'm laying here in my bed, reading through this thread. I'm having a horrible time getting over the reality of how I moved on this too slowly and will not get my hands on an LE. I wanted one so very badly. Oh well, you snooze you lose.
I have, however, figured out how to make myself feel better about this unfortunate turn of events. To honor the vulger spirit of Pulp Fiction, I will call every distributor in the USA tomorrow during the day. One by one. EVERY ONE OF THEM. Each time, I will inquire about the availability of a Pulp Fiction LE. Every time I do not get an immediate response I will yell into the phone:
Can not wait to see this game. It looks amazing. Might have to slum it and buy the basic model...

It'll be a long time coming. There will be chances.

Some bad, some good.

In the words of indie, Choose Wisely'.

#2639 1 year ago

I hear 2500 + the deposit will get you an LE. Think of all the time you’ll save not calling distributors.

#2640 1 year ago

I feel your pain, I just missed an LE by like 10 minutes and wonder how much that topper will impact the pin. It is interactive and adds to the look of the retro pin. I can add mirror blades and shaker motor and I'm hopefully with all the creative artists in this hobby someone may make the grill and a topper.

#2641 1 year ago

Is the main difference between the LE and regular model really the topper and speaker grill? Will they both have the real mirrored backglass? Thanks.

#2642 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Is the main difference between the LE and regular model really the topper and speaker grill? Will they both have the real mirrored backglass? Thanks.

Yes. Both have the backglass. Shaker and mirror blades and wallet are the only other differences.

#2643 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes. Both have the backglass. Shaker and mirror blades and wallet are the only other differences.

Thanks, I did find this on the website. Beautiful topper for sure.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2644 1 year ago

I chuckle at the "certificate of authenticity"... like someone is going to start making counterfeit knock-offs of PF.

#2645 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Bullhidebelts.com
USA made high quality not junk you get in stores so they are popular.

How about making some key chains, "Bad Mother Flipper"

#2646 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

This space is a basement.

I thought you would never see how cool basements are over here, or have a desire to get lost in one for a month. jk of course LOL.

#2647 1 year ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Thank you. I am grateful.
Corona is in the basement fridge at all times.
Monster stereo equipment with vintage turntable provides the music. Large HO scale slot car track is set up in the back. Plenty of Aurora tjets, Atlas, Tyco, AJs, Riggin, Cobramite and other brass chassis cars to race.
Library with 10K volumes covering the history of ideas, philosophy, the social sciences, physical sciences, poetry, art and literature. Mostly complete collection of Harper torchbooks and Viking Portable series. Cozy seats for the readers in a nook and the high ceiling lends an openness to the subterranean space.
Decor is entirely pedestrian. . .nothing fancy. The fun is in the games, the retro aesthetic and the conversation.
Open invitation to Pinsider friends. I love having fellow pinball enthusiasts over.

Just WOW this is so cool, I am starting to think a pinside road trip could really be cool. I was thinking of the knowledge, and quirkeness of pinball owners and think it could really change the way I view life.

How much notice do you require and what is the max length of stay

Kudos!!!!

#2648 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Speak, of the devil. Check your mail.

Yep I saw it yesterday morning and sent in my deposit. It's official now!

BTW: It’s not too late to order you BMF wallet to give it sufficient wear before proudly displaying it on or in the machine.

00E470D8-5F99-4E17-B0AB-E99A78599710 (resized).jpeg00E470D8-5F99-4E17-B0AB-E99A78599710 (resized).jpeg

#2649 1 year ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Pulp Fiction checks off several boxes for those of us interested in relatively short games because it posseses such a bountiful list of audio, artistic and thematic elements. Plus, it's sort of "double retro" insofar as it's a 2023 release of a 1994 film, channeling 1970s American culture. What's not to like? It's irresistible. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That is one sick space, dude. I like your style!

#2650 1 year ago

Sent off an LE deposit last night. Now the wait begins. Hope to see it by Christmas or so

Are they setup at TPF? Guess we should see some potato soon

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

7,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
8,399 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Francisco, CA
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,095 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 142.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pulp-fiction-hype-thread-/page/53?hl=ripit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.