IMG_6564 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0224 (resized).png
IMG_0222 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240315_182941_Adobe Acrobat (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0217 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0218 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,866 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 138.
#151 1 year ago
Quoted from chad:Deleted post

Is this a thumbnail from the 1990’s? Picture quality looks like from on old flip phone.

#152 1 year ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Might have to sell GZ for this.

You have seen nothing. Why would you even consider this right now?

#153 1 year ago

#154 1 year ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Theme wise it’s a homerun… can’t wait to see if they can deliver.

Within a year, doubt it.

Sticking with FF, at least I'll get it before I PCS to my next base (2 years).

#155 1 year ago

GF, FF, SD, JB60...$50,000

PF... Priceless!

#156 1 year ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Single level no ramps would be a massive bummer for me. It just doesn't fit with the era of the film. This should be 90s pinball, not an EM.

Single level doesn't mean EM.

Are we really going to keep having these "it's not pinball without ramps" conversations every time?

#157 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

That scene absolutely blew me away the first time I saw it.
[quoted image]

Will be the best “ball save” animation!!

#158 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Are we really going to keep having these "it's not pinball without ramps" conversations every time?

I'm not saying it's not pinball or making that argument at all but pinball in the 90s was not single level without ramps. It just doesn't go with the era at all.

#159 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Was a legit question. Sounded like he had some concrete info to back up his "bad feeling". But he doesn't. So I'll remain hyped!

We are still pumped to see it!

Pinball hype is all part of the fun! I will not let anyone take that away from me.

#160 1 year ago

Edit

#161 1 year ago

I am in on this. CGC and a dream theme with Mark Richie on design. Sounds like a homerun, now if they can produce before 2025 that would be great.

#162 1 year ago

What distributers are taking preorders for it yet?

#163 1 year ago
Quoted from AFM95:

December 4: “Holy Shit, Scooby Doo is being released by Spooky! And for under 10K! I’m totally in!”
February 25: “Wow, Jack Danger hit it out of the park. Need to transfer my SD deposit over to Foo Fighters immediately.”
March 3: “The Godfather?!? Grail theme! Need to hit up my distributor to move deposit from FF to JJP.
March 9: “Pulp Fiction?!? This is my ‘grail, grail’ theme!” (Distributor on speed dial) “Hi Distributor… yeah I know, but…”

The struggle is real!

#164 1 year ago
Quoted from NY2Colorado:

It would be epic, but what if there's no screen showing clips like they did with JB60?

#165 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

It would be epic, but what if there's no screen showing clips like they did with JB60?

Then it would suck...

#166 1 year ago

Hopefully is more bond 60 and less primus

#167 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

What the Beatles could have been. The worst handling of a theme ever! Suck my chalupa Franchi!

#168 1 year ago

Great theme. When will they actually put one up for sale that you can actually go pick up and put in your basement? 2 years from now?

#169 1 year ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I'm not saying it's not pinball or making that argument at all but pinball in the 90s was not single level without ramps. It just doesn't go with the era at all.

That makes as much sense as complaining that Godfather has ramps because pinball didn't have them 50 years ago though.

#170 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Welcome to pinside. And yes.

#171 1 year ago
Quoted from Elephanthead:

Welcome to pinside. And yes.

Says the new guy to the fixture with 23K posts.

#172 1 year ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Single level no ramps would be a massive bummer for me. It just doesn't fit with the era of the film. This should be 90s pinball, not an EM.

Unless they wanted it to be the type of game you'd see at Jack Rabbit Slims.

Quentin is a child of the 70's and loves retro so if he was involved I could easily see him wanting it be an old school style game like Bond 60th.

#173 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Unless they wanted it to be the type of game you'd see at Jack Rabbit Slims.
Quentin is a child of the 70's and loves retro so if he was involved I could easily see him wanting it be an old school style game like Bond 60th.

He'd definitely go for that aesthetic IMO.

#174 1 year ago
Quoted from chad:Deleted post

I don't this this is CGC.

#175 1 year ago
Quoted from Darscot:

The movie has a very 70's feel, as do several of Tarantino's films. The soundtrack is comprised of songs from the 50's-70's.

#176 1 year ago
Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

I don't this this is CGC.

I don't think it is eaither... looks like maybe be made by play Mechanix./raw thrills. Wld make sense bc cgc is waY behind on ccr with around 900 le to make and 1250 se+ pins.

#177 1 year ago

Hopefully that’s not it! Pf could be a phenomenal game if done right! A lot of people are into it and would be a shame letting all those people down with a lackluster machine based off an exceptional theme!

#178 1 year ago

I am the perfect demographic for Pulp Fiction. I was 22 when it came out and for me the pins of that era are masterclass. Is it so wrong to wish the greatest theme of the era was inline with the greatest pins. I think Bond 60 and even Godfather would have been great flat. It fits, I like both themes but they were themes from my fathers generation. If flat is your thing great but for me it’s a bummer.

#179 1 year ago
Quoted from Darscot:

If flat is your thing

The world is flat ,so why not pinball ?

Flat_Earth_illustration.jpgFlat_Earth_illustration.jpg
#180 1 year ago
Quoted from aaron6920:

I am in on this. CGC and a dream theme with Mark Richie on design. Sounds like a homerun, now if they can produce before 2025 that would be great.

What has Mark Richie made that makes this a home run? Looks like he worked on some pins in the 80s, nearly 40 years ago. What am I missing? A guy without a modern design, two companies that have never designed a pin before... Could be interesting....don't see the automatic "home run"

#181 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Looks like he worked on some pins in the 80s,

Fish Tales and Indiana Jones in the 90s, Kingpin didn't make it into production at Capcom before they closed.

LTG : )

#183 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

What has Mark Richie made that makes this a home run? Looks like he worked on some pins in the 80s, nearly 40 years ago. What am I missing? A guy without a modern design, two companies that have never designed a pin before... Could be interesting....don't see the automatic "home run"

Fish tales, Taxi, and Indiana Jones is enough for me. Plus his era of games fits the target theme time of Pulp Fiction perfectly.

I just love the theme this is the first pin where theme is driving the bus for me.

#184 1 year ago
Quoted from NY2Colorado:

Quoted from LTG:

Fish Tales and Indiana Jones in the 90s, Kingpin didn't make it into production at Capcom before they closed.
LTG : )

I had all of the Superpins except Demolition Man.Twilight Zone was early in my collection and then my son needed a car haha When I acquired IJ pinball adventure I didn’t miss TZ anymore.It has everything you want a pin to be.

#185 1 year ago
Quoted from Darscot:

GOTTLIEBS EXIST!!!

#186 1 year ago

Expecting a reskin ...

Pinside_archive_1150_7926.jpgPinside_archive_1150_7926.jpg
#187 1 year ago
Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

Anything is possible? But what makes you think that?

Quoted from cooked71:

Was a legit question. Sounded like he had some concrete info to back up his "bad feeling". But he doesn't. So I'll remain hyped!

Well I think the leaked picture was posted but got deleted. Hopefully you saw it and know what I mean now. Weird art...single level...ect. A lot of things that people with high expectations are going to be disappointed about. I just remember when all the normies saw bond 60th for the first time during Jack's stream and were baffled at the single level and simplistic nature of that game. Its going to be a repeat of that I think. Word on the street is that this is what Tarantino wanted... We'll all get to see it on Monday and I'll check back to see the demeanor.

What I am excited about: Mark Ritchie back in pinball. Cool music. Raw thrills making pinball.

#188 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Expecting a reskin ...
[quoted image]

Kind of interesting the blurred image of Pulp looks similar to this game. I wasn't aware had to look it up, Trudeau on design and no switches, everything was optos from under the playfield...... Good thing that didn't catch on.

Scoop added and more side shots for a single level could be really fun to shoot.

#189 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

You have seen nothing. Why would you even consider this right now?

Ummmm, theme?

#190 1 year ago

will be interesting to see if Quintin can keep his trademark stuff in this game. Lots of drugs, violence, use of the n word, and of course the big dramatic final gay rape scene. hope It stays true to the movie, because a pg pulp fiction would be a serious butchering of everything that made this movie good

#191 1 year ago

"Does it have adult mode?"

"Yes, but in France, they call it ' Le Mode Royale'."

#192 1 year ago

Royale with Sleeze

#193 1 year ago

I think the market showed that there isn't a lot of interest in a simplified, premium priced single level design. Even if Bond 60th was 15K, I am not sure it would sell out.

Now if PF is $7,500, thats another story.

#194 1 year ago

I’m still in for FF, but damn if this doesn’t have me wondering what game(s) to put on the chopping block next if it’s done well.

This is the single best theme chosen for a pinball in many years. Hopefully they do it justice.

It’s a super long shot for Sam Jackson callouts, but I can imagine a great number of pinheads getting a hardon to hear him say “Jackpot Motherfucker!”

#195 1 year ago

I read the game would be playable at TPF,cant wait for that

#196 1 year ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

It’s a super long shot for Sam Jackson callouts, but I can imagine a great number of pinheads getting a hardon to hear him say “Jackpot Motherfucker!”

ROYALE JACKPOT WITH CHEESE!!!

#197 1 year ago

If they show up at Raw Thrills IAAPA booth
this will be a biiiiiig year from pinball this year there!

#198 1 year ago

When is reveal??

#199 1 year ago
Quoted from aaron6920:

Kind of interesting the blurred image of Pulp looks similar to this game. I wasn't aware had to look it up, Trudeau on design and no switches, everything was optos from under the playfield...... Good thing that didn't catch on.
Scoop added and more side shots for a single level could be really fun to shoot.

This is making me think that blurred image is legit. Oh boy. Looks like a 90's DE game. Which I enjoy, but at modern prices, no way.

#200 1 year ago
Quoted from acedanger:

When is reveal??

In "Two shakes of a lamb's tail"

Or Monday, perhaps.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Romeoville, IL
$ 210.00
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
There are 6,866 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 138.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pulp-fiction-hype-thread-/page/4?hl=gorbiie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.