IMG_1608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1594 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3525 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3519 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8118 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8117 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8122 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 140.
#2351 1 year ago

Quick! Someone mockup a rules sheet I can print so I can get it signed by Mark Ritchie at TPF

#2352 1 year ago

So, when are we going to see a legit gameplay video on this? It's apparently been in the basement of one of the best pinball players in the world for some time, and going to TPF... so why don't we have a gameplay video yet???

#2353 1 year ago
Quoted from BallLocks:

So, when are we going to see a legit gameplay video on this? It's apparently been in the basement of one of the best pinball players in the world for some time, and going to TPF... so why don't we have a gameplay video yet???

April, per Josh S. on a podcast

#2354 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

April, per Josh S. on a podcast

Why would we need to wait until April if the game is going to be on public display at TPF? That makes no sense...

#2355 1 year ago
Quoted from BallLocks:

Why would we need to wait until April if the game is going to be on public display at TPF? That makes no sense...

The shitty potato cam video from TPF will come first. Better quality streamed video will come later.

Per the rules and guidelines of game launches, Section III clearly states shitty video footage first.

We’re not interested in breaking the rules.

#2356 1 year ago
Quoted from BallLocks:

Well there might be video from the show. I mean a slick video they are going to produce as official gameplay video.

#2357 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Quick! Someone mockup a rules sheet I can print so I can get it signed by Mark Ritchie at TPF

There is a rules manual on the Chicago Games website. You can also download the flyer there as well and have him sign that.

https://www.chicago-gaming.com/brochures/Pulp_Fiction_Pinball_Rules_Manual.pdf

https://www.chicago-gaming.com/brochures/Pulp_Fiction_Brochure.pdf

#2358 1 year ago
Quoted from BallLocks:

Did you see a sign out front that says "Quality Game Footage Storage!?"

#2359 1 year ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

The shitty potato cam video from TPF will come first. Better quality streamed video will come later.
Per the rules and guidelines of game launches, Section III clearly states shitty video footage first.

So disappointed. If Tarantino himself is not directing this video, I'm out.

On second thoughts he would probably insist on shitty potato cam footage.

#2360 1 year ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

QT cast Travolta because when QT was a kid Tony Manero and Danny Zuko were the coolest motherfuckers on the face of the earth. And it wasn’t close. Leading man star power baby. The most since Brando, Pacino and Di Nero, and he wasn’t short.
And does anyone come close in the 80’s or early 90’s? Maverick maybe? Cruise was ultimately a “bigger” star, but he wasn’t cooler. In fact, name me an actor between 1977 and 1995 that was bigger or cooler than Travolta was in the late 70’s? Maybe I’m forgetting someone (Bruce Willis doesn’t cut it) but it doesn’t matter, because the 70’s is what formed Tarantino ( and me for that matter). Thank god. A child of the 80’s couldn’t write Pulp Fiction.

Kurt Russell.

No contest.

#2361 1 year ago
Quoted from wesman:

Kurt Russell.
No contest.

Uh no

#2362 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Silkscreen has limitations, and is 100% better within those limitations is the short answer.
The way silkscreening works is each color is separately applied to the playfield, one at a time, with the screen basically like a fancy stencil that only allows ink through in the spots you want it. So basically this process, but repeated over and over, with each new screen aligned perfectly so everything fits together:
[quoted image]
Why is this better? Because each color is solid ink. If you have a big patch of blue it's just blue, nothing else. If you want to use UV ink, or a special orange, or any color of ink that exists you can do it. The result looks great, and holds up no matter how close you get to it.
Why is it limited? Because each color you want is a separate screen it's not as good for trying to produce photographic looks, complicated gradients, and every new color requires a new screen which adds to the time and expense so you generally don't want to use 30 different colors.
With digital printing a special ink-jet-like printer prints straight to the wood. It can also print white, along with usually CMYK, cyan/magenta/yellow/black. The ink is cured with UV light so it hardens instantly onto the wood. This is great because combining those colors lets you print just about anything, complicated phtographs, tons of colors, and it's relatively cheap and fast.
But, you don't get solid color. And some colors like a vivid blue or orange say, will come out more muted. Because when you get close it looks like this:
[quoted image]
Look closely at just about any modern game, Stern, JJP, Spooky whatever. You'll see that dot pattern on the plastics and playfield, nothing is actually solid and as vivid.
Pulp Fiction being silk screened means it will be bright, vivid, the colors will be solid and nice, and it will feel authentic to the era, when all games were screened and UV digital printing didn't exist.

Great illustrative post!

Definitely explains why those blues are so damned deep!

I didn't realize CGC silkscreened. Perfect style of artwork, more line art, for silk screening!

#2363 1 year ago
Quoted from wesman:

Kurt Russell.
No contest.

You guys just don’t get where I’m coming from with this. And it doesn’t matter one bit. But you’re all wrong.

#2364 1 year ago

You guys just don’t get where I’m coming from with this. And it doesn’t matter one bit. But you’re all wrong.

I was there and I get it 100%

#2365 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I was there and I get it 100%

. .

#2366 1 year ago

You live in your world where....this...
Is cooler than Snake Plissken, and I'll live in mine!

(After Pulp Fiction, but still, Travolta had one mega cool flick, and PF was it!)

Russell has more dignity than this!

Screenshot_20230319-205902~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230319-205902~2 (resized).png
#2367 1 year ago
Quoted from wesman:

(After Pulp Fiction, but still, Travolta had one mega cool flick, and PF was it!)
[quoted image]

Oh crap that is bad!I forgot about that shit.I never watched the movie.But he was cool for a period now is this a pinball thread or a mutha fuckin movie thread

#2368 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Oh crap that is bad!I forgot about that shit.I never watched the movie.But he was cool for a period now is this a pinball thread or a mutha fuckin movie thread

Uh
..... BOTH!!!

Not much to chat about prior to TPF at this point.

Travolta was definitely hot shit, multiple times during his career.

Even that sell out Grease mobile ad during the Super Bowl had some Greasy Geezer Heat!

#2369 1 year ago

I kind of wish Pulp Fiction was a sort of sequel/side story for Danny Zuko's life after Grease. He got Sandy pregnant, left town, got into drugs and some trouble, had to change his name to Vincent Vega.

#2370 1 year ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

Look... clearly the intent is to get some street plays before letting the masses see it. Cool. But I'm not sure why folks are up voting, saying, "Yes!!! Let's see some shitty video and criticize the hell out of that before we see anything legit!!!"

I'm a locked in LE buyer... so nothings going to change my mind... Excited as hell. Just don't get the logic of the enthusiasm for that comment when the game is clearly available for earlier streaming...

#2371 1 year ago

Because like you, most people are locked in at this point. The video won't be changing it for you, it won't be changing it for 90% of others in this thread so why not have some fun with it while we are waiting?

Hell, the are talking about the tank thing giving reacharounds and serving ice cream out of the cannon in the tank thread.

wpbreathinandout.gifwpbreathinandout.gif

#2372 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Hell, the are talking about the tank thing giving reacharounds and serving ice cream out of the cannon in the tank thread.

I might go $2500 over msrp for that...

#2373 1 year ago

The interesting thing about that LA Times article was the idea that Travolta needed to get back to “gritty and R-rated” films, and the suggestion that he do an “ensemble piece”, a quality movie at a lower pay scale, to remind the world of his talent and charisma. And BOOM! That’s Pulp Fiction for ya!

Not many people knew who in the hell Sam Jackson was back then either, even though he’d been in movies. Bruce Willis career was kinda in the shitter. I recall being surprised he (along with Travolta) were even in it. Walken was known in cinema circles but he was hardly a big draw then. But Voila! The cream rises to the top when given a proper vehicle, and Pulp Fiction was a perfect storm of talent and dialogue and movie making magic that comes along once every 10 years or so. QT knows this shit though, inside out. And the fact he bought in to this pinball machine is super cool and may bode well for future licenses being fully realized with the support of an industry giant like QT.

#2374 1 year ago
Quoted from BallLocks:

I might go $2500 over msrp for that...

Should have got in early and not had to then.

#2375 1 year ago
Quoted from Crumbalimb:

I really don't see how the team they have making this game can not hit a homerun on this.Your missing out on a really cool and fun Topper of they only offer it on the LE's. John Travolta and Uma Thurman dancing is fun and what toppers should be on a pinball machine,not just a sign that just light up and flashes a bit.I suppose you can always find one out in the wild and maybe pay a bit more later, but this one is easily worth the risk on not shooting it before buying.

They announced the topper won’t be sold separately. Just on the LE. So thankful I snagged an LE because the topper was a huge reason I wanted it.

#2376 1 year ago

Newsflash: you don't play the topper.

#2377 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Shoot. I'm out.

#2378 1 year ago

The interesting thing about that LA Times article was the idea that Travolta needed to get back to “gritty and R-rated” films, and the suggestion that he do an “ensemble piece”, a quality movie at a lower pay scale, to remind the world of his talent and charisma. And BOOM! That’s Pulp Fiction for ya!
Not many people knew who in the hell Sam Jackson was back then either, even though he’d been in movies. Bruce Willis career was kinda in the shitter. I recall being surprised he (along with Travolta) were even in it. Walken was known in cinema circles but he was hardly a big draw then. But Voila! The cream rises to the top when given a proper vehicle, and Pulp Fiction was a perfect storm of talent and dialogue and movie making magic that comes along once every 10 years or so. QT knows this shit though, inside out. And the fact he bought in to this pinball machine is super cool and may bode well for future licenses being fully realized with the support of an industry giant like QT.

I remember the staying alive audience flipping out when travolta bumps into Stallone on the sidewalk. I don’t think people realize how over those two were in the 80s

#2379 1 year ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

Would be nice but not sure who would make that call? Probably not CGC since this is mostly Play Mechanix on the development side. In addition, doing so would severely water down exclusivity of the LE since the topper is the main attraction. That said, they could certainly make some $$ doing so. I bet a lot of SE folks would cough up $1500 just for the topper...

Read Knapp arcades latest article. On the Loserkid podcast they said they aren’t making the toppers separately. They also said a video stream will come with Karl doing it after TPF. It sounded like they still had some stuff to do on the pin.

#2380 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Silkscreen has limitations, and is 100% better within those limitations is the short answer.
The way silkscreening works is each color is separately applied to the playfield, one at a time, with the screen basically like a fancy stencil that only allows ink through in the spots you want it. So basically this process, but repeated over and over, with each new screen aligned perfectly so everything fits together:
[quoted image]
Why is this better? Because each color is solid ink. If you have a big patch of blue it's just blue, nothing else. If you want to use UV ink, or a special orange, or any color of ink that exists you can do it. The result looks great, and holds up no matter how close you get to it.
Why is it limited? Because each color you want is a separate screen it's not as good for trying to produce photographic looks, complicated gradients, and every new color requires a new screen which adds to the time and expense so you generally don't want to use 30 different colors.
With digital printing a special ink-jet-like printer prints straight to the wood. It can also print white, along with usually CMYK, cyan/magenta/yellow/black. The ink is cured with UV light so it hardens instantly onto the wood. This is great because combining those colors lets you print just about anything, complicated phtographs, tons of colors, and it's relatively cheap and fast.
But, you don't get solid color. And some colors like a vivid blue or orange say, will come out more muted. Because when you get close it looks like this:
[quoted image]
Look closely at just about any modern game, Stern, JJP, Spooky whatever. You'll see that dot pattern on the plastics and playfield, nothing is actually solid and as vivid.
Pulp Fiction being silk screened means it will be bright, vivid, the colors will be solid and nice, and it will feel authentic to the era, when all games were screened and UV digital printing didn't exist.

My new ccrle playfield is simply gorgeous with vivid colors and looks amazing.in all aspects. Love silkscreen

#2381 1 year ago
Quoted from wesman:

[quoted image]

You know Church of Scientology basically forced him to doing this movie right?

#2382 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

You don't play the theme either, so that's not important.

You don't play the art either, so that's not important.

You don't play the lcd screen, so that's not important.

Just paint them all black and have clear plastics and no lcd then? Won't need callouts except for direction either.

NineRidiculousThingsIHaveReadTodayPunkin

#2383 1 year ago

If they did add a mini gamer to the topper, I wonder what it would look like. Maybe a rhythm game where you tap the flipper buttons to music while they dance? But nah…doesn’t need it.

#2384 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

[quoted image]

Wow, thought PF excitement was wild...
THAT is some crazy FOMO!

#2385 1 year ago
Quoted from acupunk12:

I remember the staying alive audience flipping out when travolta bumps into Stallone on the sidewalk. I don’t think people realize how over those two were in the 80s

It was very silly and ostentatious, but I enjoyed Staying Alive. Travolta’s body was transformed for that movie, and I recall being a little envious. Then he got dumpy, which seemed out of character. In Pulp he was still big but no longer dumpy. Like he’d gotten his self respect back. I was happy about it, because, like I mentioned, for the better part of 3 years he was the biggest and most popular movie star in the world and I liked his movies. Maybe some people didn’t think he was “cool”, but they were in the minority. QT revived his coolness, and he’s made a lot of good movies since Pulp. But oddly, no more for QT.

#2386 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

You don't play the theme either, so that's not important.
You don't play the art either, so that's not important.
You don't play the lcd screen, so that's not important.
Just paint them all black and have clear plastics and no lcd then? Won't need callouts except for direction either.
NineRidiculousThingsIHaveReadTodayPunkin

"I don't remember asking you a goddamn thing"
--Jules

#2387 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I don't remember asking you a goddamn thing

Ahh, so it's the gryzzz invitational thread?

Not much good at being wrong mate? You'll get used to it, with comments like that it's a sure thing you'll have more exposure to it.

QT revived his coolness, and he’s made a lot of good movies since Pulp. But oddly, no more for QT.

Hold my beer and watch this

#2388 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Ahh, so it's the gryzzz invitational thread?
Not much good at being wrong mate? You'll get used to it, with comments like that it's a sure thing you'll have more exposure to it.

Hold my beer and watch this

Jokes on you. I'm great at being wrong.

#2389 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Because like you, most people are locked in at this point. The video won't be changing it for you, it won't be changing it for 90% of others in this thread so why not have some fun with it while we are waiting?
[quoted image]

So, being in AU, I'm guessing you aren't going to TPF...

It doesn't irritate you at all that a bunch of jokers who have no intention of buying the game get to see what it plays like before you???

#2390 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

the gryzzz invitational

That has a nice ring to it, I vote yes.

#2391 1 year ago
Quoted from BallLocks:

So, being in AU, I'm guessing you aren't going to TPF...
It doesn't irritate you at all that a bunch of jokers who have no intention of buying the game get to see what it plays like before you???

No, absolutely not. Not at all.

I take all my best machines to the biggest show in Australia (pinfest newcastle) for the masses to play.

So far i've taken to shows;

Sorcerer
Spectrum
JJP Guns and Roses LE (first shipment here, not many had landed at that stage and most had not seen one)
Multimorphic P3 with three playfields (probs only a few in the country)
Judge Dredd
Sunset Riders (one of 7 in the world)
Tron
Stern 24
Deadpool
Alien

And others.

Pinball to me is about sharing. I open my place at every opportunity to host people (for free) so they can play pinballs they may not be able to afford or justify.

TheWorldIsfullofWonderAndWorthSharingPunkin

#2392 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

If they did add a mini gamer to the topper, I wonder what it would look like. Maybe a rhythm game where you tap the flipper buttons to music while they dance? But nah…doesn’t need it.

Did we just jump the shark on this thread?lol

#2393 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

That has a nice ring to it, I vote yes.

You'd need to be the OP, so go start one somewhere.

Happy not being on the list for entry to your cubby house.

#2394 1 year ago

You're an idiot.

#2395 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

You're an idiot.
Go fuck yerself ya noob bitch

Right then, so it's name calling now?

Fit right in that cubby house.

And i see you edited and invoked seniority. You have to be here more than my 5 years and 40-50 pinball machines to have an opinion nowadays.

Cubby house rules.

#2396 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Pinball to me is about sharing

I agree. I've brought 50+ games (including repeats) to shows over the last 20 years or so I've been collecting.

So why do you upvote CGC not sharing with you???

On a side note, if you ever find yourself in Gloucester, VA, you are welcome at my place, and to have at my collection.

#2397 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

You're an idiot.
Go fuck yerself ya noob bitch

Aaah your in trouble now buddy!!!

#2398 1 year ago

Lol.
This mf can get down under deez

#2399 1 year ago
Quoted from BallLocks:

I agree. I've brought 50+ games (including repeats) to shows over the last 20 years or so I've been collecting.
So why do you upvote CGC not sharing with you???
On a side note, if you ever find yourself in Gloucester, VA, you are welcome at my place, and to have at my collection.

I upvoted the humour in the post, seeing as i'm being called to account on all fronts, and the potato rule.

Really, they release the video when they see fit. It's not for me to tell them how to run their business, and because i'm one of many on the distributors shit list, i won't be buying new as i have stated earlier.

There's enough pinball business consultants here telling them how to do things without me getting in on the act.

#2400 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Lol.
This mf can get down under deez

How dare someone point out the obvious in your statements hey?

Don't play the art, don't play the theme, why bother with them?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

8,399 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Romeoville, IL
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - Pre-order Spot
Frisco, TX
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
There are 6,997 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 140.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pulp-fiction-hype-thread-/page/48?hl=ray-dude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.