200w (12).gif
dc0aba7ce7e4c1b48559e4f43cf3c2ea.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
20240418_122418 (resized).jpg
20240418_122338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1636 (resized).jpeg
20240409_134125 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,095 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 142.
#2301 1 year ago

Just trying to figure out the PF Limited Edition Features.
The Pulp Fiction Promotional Banner is unbeknownst to me.
Is this a Raw Thrills, inc standard that goes along with their video game purchases?
What is the dimensions and image of the PF promotional banner?
Does anyone know? ifpapinball
Thanks in advance for any info. DA6EF01B-682B-475F-97A3-3D2660962D74 (resized).jpegDA6EF01B-682B-475F-97A3-3D2660962D74 (resized).jpeg

#2302 1 year ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

QT cast Travolta because when QT was a kid Tony Manero and Danny Zuko were the coolest motherfuckers on the face of the earth. And it wasn’t close. Leading man star power baby. The most since Brando, Pacino and Di Nero, and he wasn’t short.
And does anyone come close in the 80’s or early 90’s? Maverick maybe? Cruise was ultimately a “bigger” star, but he wasn’t cooler. In fact, name me an actor between 1977 and 1995 that was bigger or cooler than Travolta was in the late 70’s? Maybe I’m forgetting someone (Bruce Willis doesn’t cut it) but it doesn’t matter, because the 70’s is what formed Tarantino ( and me for that matter). Thank god. A child of the 80’s couldn’t write Pulp Fiction.

Only The Fonz was cooler.

#2303 1 year ago
8ADB6F04-B875-4CAF-8D6A-A7CCF7E32952.gif8ADB6F04-B875-4CAF-8D6A-A7CCF7E32952.gifC70DE38A-A872-4FB0-915F-F091C4DB3DED.gifC70DE38A-A872-4FB0-915F-F091C4DB3DED.gif
#2304 1 year ago

Just watched Pulp again, very interesting. Funny how Vincent was incredulous about a $5 milkshake but had no problem spending $1500 on some heroin. I just looked it up $5 in 1994 is around $10.50 today on the inflation calculator.

Also liked how Butch went back into the dungeon after he was about to skip out. He just couldn’t leave Marcellus even with their bad blood and the potential danger to himself.

#2305 1 year ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

QT cast Travolta because when QT was a kid Tony Manero and Danny Zuko were the coolest motherfuckers on the face of the earth. And it wasn’t close. Leading man star power baby. The most since Brando, Pacino and Di Nero, and he wasn’t short.
And does anyone come close in the 80’s or early 90’s? Maverick maybe? Cruise was ultimately a “bigger” star, but he wasn’t cooler. In fact, name me an actor between 1977 and 1995 that was bigger or cooler than Travolta was in the late 70’s? Maybe I’m forgetting someone (Bruce Willis doesn’t cut it) but it doesn’t matter, because the 70’s is what formed Tarantino ( and me for that matter). Thank god. A child of the 80’s couldn’t write Pulp Fiction.

I'm sorry but just no.
He played a dancer coming his hair.
There were loads of cooler guys....
Clint eastwood. Harry dean stanton. Burt reinolds. Dennis hopper. Robert shaw. Sidney poiter. Jack nicholson.
The list goes on.

However in pulp fiction he's really cool, albeit a bit of an idiot.
Who the heck rides an old car on bumpy roads with a loaded gun and safety off?
Who on a stakeout/murder job leaves his weapon on a desk whils going to the toilet?

#2306 1 year ago

I'll just leave this here.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2307 1 year ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

The Pulp Fiction Promotional Banner is unbeknownst to me.
Is this a Raw Thrills, inc standard that goes along with their video game purchases?
What is the dimensions and image of the PF promotional banner?
Does anyone know? ifpapinball

We thought the banners that Stern makes for their dealers were cool, and we thought owners would think that too.

Whatever the size of those are is what this will be. I don’t have that info handy at the moment but Stern has been making them for years.

#2308 1 year ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

We thought the banners that Stern makes for their dealers were cool, and we thought owners would think that too.

Will there be swag for launch party tournaments for operators? We are planning a theme night around the game.

#2309 1 year ago

Josh, it looks like the flippers in the game will be more modern than a 70's/80's Bally of the era that is being represented. Is that accurate and will the strength of the flippers mean that the ball speed is the same as in a AFM/ MM Remake game that CGC makes? Trying to gauge if this will mean a lot of crazy action from missed shots, etc.

#2310 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Who on a stakeout/murder job leaves his weapon on a desk whils going to the toilet?

A guy that Butch uses said weapon to shoot the guy. On the toilet reading Modesty Blaise book of comics of the same name, stands up and lands in the bathtub.

LTG : )

#2311 1 year ago
Quoted from JordyRamone:

What's sorta funny about all this is that QT might have just started a new little trend of games without LCDs. Sounds like Mark and company had a idea they showed him that included a LCD and QT said no way. The team then put together a awesome looking game and it's making people reconsider how important LCDs are to pinball. This game then sold crazy. Not sure if stern will follow and make some without LCDs but I could definitely see other companies trying it out. It also would cut down on the cost of making the game since you don't need a person making the graphics.

I think the retro no-LCD thing works here due to the theme & QT…it was just the right thing at the right time with the right theme. Anyone who tries this after PF is going to heavily scrutinized unless it’s “done right”, which is pretty subjective…but the majority consensus is that PF was “done right” while Bond60 wasn’t.

Honestly, I think it would be kind of amazing if the success of this game got QT wanting to have a “QT Collection” of stylized games like this. I’d take a Reservoir Dogs to go next to Pulp! The main characters themselves lend themselves to LED colors & collection style rules.

#2312 1 year ago

At 3 years a game, we'll be celebrating the 60th anniversary of RD when the final one comes out (Tarantino 60th Anniversary Collection

#2313 1 year ago
Quoted from smokedog:

We are planning a theme night around the game.

A shooting gallery with Marvin heads would be nice.

You blow his face off you win a vanilla shake.

LTG : )

#2314 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I think the retro no-LCD thing works here due to the theme & QT…it was just the right thing at the right time with the right theme. Anyone who tries this after PF is going to heavily scrutinized unless it’s “done right”, which is pretty subjective…but the majority consensus is that PF was “done right” while Bond60 wasn’t.
Honestly, I think it would be kind of amazing if the success of this game got QT wanting to have a “QT Collection” of stylized games like this. I’d take a Reservoir Dogs to go next to Pulp! The main characters themselves lend themselves to LED colors & collection style rules.

Keep your eyes on Haggis. I think Damian and Marty love the same styles as i do, and this is one.

#2315 1 year ago

Really excited for this one, I'm not always a fan of new street level games, but the theme looks perfectly integrated on this one and I'm a huge fan of Mark Ritchie layouts. Can't wait to play it!

#2317 1 year ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

Whatever the size of those are is what this will be. I don’t have that info handy at the moment but Stern has been making them for years.

Keep it a surprise and add a red bow. Even after dropping 10k the swaggy stuff tickles.

#2318 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Keep your eyes on Haggis. I think Damian and Marty love the same styles as i do, and this is one.

Sorry, I usually forget they exist. The company name is such a turn off, I don’t think I could ever buy a Haggis (gag, barf) game. Also, after the debacles of Dutch, Heighway, and Homepin - I’m wary of anyone making pins outside of the Chicago hub.

#2319 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Sorry, I usually forget they exist. The company name is such a turn off, I don’t think I could ever buy a Haggis (gag, barf) game. Also, after the debacles of Dutch, Heighway, and Homepin - I’m wary of anyone making pins outside of the Chicago hub.

Your loss. And for the stupidest reasons.

#2320 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Your loss. And for the stupidest reasons.

We’ll see. They’ve made a bad game & a remake I don’t care about. On them to woo me…and to change their stupid name.

#2321 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

We’ll see. They’ve made a bad game & a remake I don’t care about. On them to woo me…and to change their stupid name.

I agree, dumbest Fucking name for a pinball company.

Beautiful Fucking remake though. It's a trade off.

#2322 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I agree, dumbest Fucking name for a pinball company.
Beautiful Fucking remake though. It's a trade off.

I mean, was Tripe Pinball taken? Entrails Pinball? Chopped Liver Pinball? Something more specifically Australian would have been cooler. Ute Pinball, I dunno lol

#2323 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I mean, was Tripe Pinball taken? Entrails Pinball? Chopped Liver Pinball? Something more specifically Australian would have been cooler. Ute Pinball, I dunno lol

I wonder what they call haggis in Paris?

#2324 1 year ago

I hear “haggis” in the context of pinball now and don’t even think of the food, which I only really know of because of a few jokes about what it is (which is really just a type of sausage and I’m sure it tastes good if people have been making it for hundreds of years)

#2325 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

Escargot ?

#2326 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

L'estomac with cheese.

#2327 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I hear “haggis” in the context of pinball now and don’t even think of the food, which I only really know of because of a few jokes about what it is (which is really just a type of sausage and I’m sure it tastes good if people have been making it for hundreds of years)

Yup, just sausage.

People who say they'd never eat blood or offal really want to have a think about what they are putting in their mouths next time they have a steak and a sausage.

Meat with no blood....what'll they think of next.

#2328 1 year ago

Be curious to see if a retro throwback has staying power for most. So far it's been iffy at best for those kinds of titles. Aesthetically it looks amazing, and could surprise with software.

#2329 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Now it's a "fact it will take 2 years"? Sigh. The wait is anyone's guess, referring to your guess as fact is such BS.

Maybe, but just do the math...CGC has about 800 more CCRLE's + lets say 300 (its a guess) SE+ games to build. They are building games at about 25-30 games a week. So just CCR builds could take another 36-44 weeks or 8- 10 months. If they then build out PF SE's first (which they usually do) at 1000 units is another 8-9 months. If they then build PF LE's at 1000 units its another 8-9 months.....so unless they have two lines or by some miracle increase capacity its not that far off. This also assumes they don't have part or design issues (like they did with CCR)so not sure its complete BS that it takes them two years to get through all the PF LE builds....

#2330 1 year ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Be curious to see if a retro throwback has staying power for most. So far it's been iffy at best for those kinds of titles. Aesthetically it looks amazing, and could surprise with software.

Depends on the person. Some people play them for awhile and then move on...some people collect and keep them for decades. I think this will look great next to Xenon.

#2331 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Maybe, but just do the math...CGC has about 800 more CCRLE's + lets say 300 (its a guess) SE+ games to build. They are building games at about 25-30 games a week. So just CCR builds could take another 36-44 weeks or 8- 10 months. If they then build out PF SE's first (which they usually do) at 1000 units is another 8-9 months. If they then build PF LE's at 1000 units its another 8-9 months.....so unless they have two lines or by some miracle increase capacity its not that far off. This also assumes they don't have part or design issues (like they did with CCR)so not sure its complete BS that it takes them two years to get through all the PF LE builds....

They did say that there's a separate or 'new' line going in to produce the PF's at the same time as CCr's (how it was implied).

I can't speak to anything since, but MBr wasn't 2 years.

#2332 1 year ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

It would be sweet if it came with a Z Keychain

#2333 1 year ago
Quoted from JordyRamone:

It would be sweet if it came with a Z Keychain

No no, ball gag.

#2334 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Depends on the person. Some people play them for awhile and then move on...some people collect and keep them for decades. I think this will look great next to Xenon.

It will look great next to Sunset Riders, Sorcerer and Grand Lizard.

sr2 (resized).jpgsr2 (resized).jpg

#2335 1 year ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

Be careful with Betson, when someone finally got their CCrLE from them the invoice was plus $2,500 (or so) above MSRP so they wouldn’t get my business again after pulling that punch.

Why don’t you just have Betson send you an email stating they sell to you at the price you agreed on and if they won’t add anything to it

#2336 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

No no, ball gag.

C'mon, who here doesn't already own a ball gag.

#2337 1 year ago

Once they start building PF they should only build an initial batch of SE’s, say 200, and then move on to all the LE’s. If it’s an unlimited amount of SE’s, then this makes the most sense.

#2338 1 year ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

It was stated in the podcast that the playfields are silkscreen printed vs digital print. Can anyone comment on has this been the case for AFM ,MM, MB, CC? Also any know if silkscreen printing is in any way a better process?

Yes, way better. In addition to Aurich’s answer above, see CGC’s Doug Duba’s comments in the CCr FAQ.

#2339 1 year ago

Fun fact: Traditional haggis is banned in the United States because you're not allowed to make food with sheep lungs here. To each their own, I try and limit my intake of red meat even, I'll get by without eating lung. We ban blood pudding too. So fussy us Americans.

If Haggis made a game I really wanted it wouldn't stop me from buying it, but it's not a name I'd ever proudly display, I find it off putting. Naming your company after sheep lung, liver and heart boiled in a stomach is certainly your right, but you have to be pretty tone deaf to not realize not everyone is going to find it appealing. It's also incredibly random for not only a pinball company, but an Australian one at that.

It would be like if American Pinball decided to call themselves Natto Pinball instead.

#2340 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Also will look good next to embryon and srikes&spares….

#2341 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Or, you could get really creative, and mount a projector, and just stream the movie to it. 100% theme integration, guaranteed to have your favorite moment.

I recently saw a Ghostbusters pin with some sort of ultra widescreen topper that was playing scenes from the movie. Interesting. Anyone know who was/is making it?

#2342 1 year ago

I would seriously have a good look at myself and talk to a doctor if i was worried about what someone i didn't know called their trading company.
It's not something that would ever cross my mind.

I don't think of people frowning every time i see the name Stern.

But to each his own, as you say.

Sometimes you just don't have to have an opinion about something.

#2343 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Keep in mind, this isn't a CGC game. They're manufacturing it, and did the topper, but that's it.

CGC are way more than that!

supply chain, parts design, marketing, sales, distribution, support, parts etc.

#2344 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Fun fact: Traditional haggis is banned in the United States because you're not allowed to make food with sheep lungs here. To each their own, I try and limit my intake of red meat even, I'll get by without eating lung. We ban blood pudding too. So fussy us Americans.
If Haggis made a game I really wanted it wouldn't stop me from buying it, but it's not a name I'd ever proudly display, I find it off putting. Naming your company after sheep lung, liver and heart boiled in a stomach is certainly your right, but you have to be pretty tone deaf to not realize not everyone is going to find it appealing. It's also incredibly random for not only a pinball company, but an Australian one at that.
It would be like if American Pinball decided to call themselves Natto Pinball instead.

haggis is a delicacy and mmmmmm so tasty!

shutterstock-haggis-neeps-tatties-low-res-lge-image1 (resized).jpgshutterstock-haggis-neeps-tatties-low-res-lge-image1 (resized).jpg

#2345 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Didn't they just say they are adding a 2nd line?

#2346 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

I'm sorry but just no.
He played a dancer coming his hair.
There were loads of cooler guys....
Clint eastwood. Harry dean stanton. Burt reinolds. Dennis hopper. Robert shaw. Sidney poiter. Jack nicholson.
The list goes on.
However in pulp fiction he's really cool, albeit a bit of an idiot.
Who the heck rides an old car on bumpy roads with a loaded gun and safety off?

I’ll just leave this here: https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1989-07-30-ca-823-story.html

Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

I'd say you're overselling Travolta. I think his Welcome Back Kotter character Babarino is telling - a handsome, wanna-be lothario who was also a moron. Travolta had hits in SNF, Grease, and Urban Cowboy, but was he as cool as, say, Connery? I don't think so. If you pay attention to how Tony behaves in SNF, he's talented, sure, but lacks confidence, and he's self-absorbed. (He has a tantrum after his dad musses his hair at the dinner table!) The fact that he danced well enough to sell his portrayal of Tony Monero didn't make him particularly cool. And Danny Zuko? Cool? Not really. More of a knucklehead. Tarantino single-handedly resurrected Travolta's career. I assume he cast him in PF because Travolta was cheap then, and because Tarantino remembered Travolta as a dancing icon from the movies of the 70's and thought it would be a casting coup to bring in Travolta as Vega and make him dance! I would say stars like Burt Reynolds, Steve McQueen, Robert Redford, Paul Newman, Brando, and of course Connery were all "cooler" than Travolta back then.

#2347 1 year ago

Can anyone confirm that CGC will be bringing PULP FICTION games to TPF next week? I realize this is an odd question, considering that they are about the worst "customer service" pinball company around, but maybe someone heard something from someone?? lol

#2348 1 year ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Can anyone confirm that CGC will be bringing PULP FICTION games to TPF next week? I realize this is an odd question, considering that they are about the worst "customer service" pinball company around, but maybe someone heard something from someone?? lol

Yes!
They’ve been pretty active on their facebook finally!

7A3252E9-9684-4BA3-869E-324EB7CC6736 (resized).png7A3252E9-9684-4BA3-869E-324EB7CC6736 (resized).png
#2349 1 year ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2350 1 year ago

Dug up this soundtrack today. One of the few cd's that my wife and I both owned when we first started dating. Can't believe it still plays as scratched up as it is ha.
This was my introduction to Al Green at 20 years old. This album is PACKED with great cuts, but Al Green and the Statler Brothers really stood out to me, then and now.
Timeless.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Francisco, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

7,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

8,399 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
There are 7,095 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 142.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pulp-fiction-hype-thread-/page/47?hl=knackers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.