200w (12).gif
dc0aba7ce7e4c1b48559e4f43cf3c2ea.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
20240418_122418 (resized).jpg
20240418_122338 (resized).jpg
IMG_1636 (resized).jpeg
20240409_134125 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,085 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 142.
#2151 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Now we need a Django pin. Could you imagine the mansion shootout part. Omg

as the "Dr Shultz tribute wizard mode" ?

#2152 1 year ago

For me:
PF
RD
Django

#2153 1 year ago

Django was Jamie Foxxes greatest role, and helps me forget about what a sell out chump he is jivin in all those annoying af Draft King ads

#2154 1 year ago

And Christopher Waltz was just goddamn PERFECT.

#2155 1 year ago
Quoted from Jagrmaister:

So, is anyone buying an SE

Lots of ppl are buying SEs

#2156 1 year ago

I’m intrigued by the CoinUp online connectivity feature on PF.

#2157 1 year ago

Think they will offer the topper as an SE add on like what they did for CCr?

#2158 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Would be nice but not sure who would make that call? Probably not CGC since this is mostly Play Mechanix on the development side. In addition, doing so would severely water down exclusivity of the LE since the topper is the main attraction. That said, they could certainly make some $$ doing so. I bet a lot of SE folks would cough up $1500 just for the topper...

#2159 1 year ago

They have to do 1250 cactus le not 1000 so 33% done.

#2160 1 year ago
Quoted from Jagrmaister:

So, is anyone buying an SE or is CGC just going to sell 1000 of these?

From what I hear SE sales are going great. But nobody is going to thirsty post about them, there’s no reason to.

#2161 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

No.

#2162 1 year ago

This post should be pinned!

#2164 1 year ago

Im late but i just realised that Gimp was on the backglass

Capture d’écran 2023-03-18 093014 (resized).pngCapture d’écran 2023-03-18 093014 (resized).png
#2165 1 year ago

or maybe Grand Theft Auto . . .

Quoted from bobukcat:

That print makes me think a Sin City pin could be pretty awesome too.

#2166 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

They have to do 1250 cactus le not 1000 so 33% done.

Yikes, so maybe summer 2024 until PF LE's are actually going out the door.

#2167 1 year ago
Quoted from VGC1612:

Im late but i just realised that Gimp was on the backglass
[quoted image]

I hadn't seen him but was hoping for Buddy Holly!

#2168 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Yikes, so maybe summer 2024 until PF LE's are actually going out the door.

I think it will depend on parts, not what CCr is up to. Isn’t the CCr delay due to topper parts or something? As long as those issues don’t happen with PF, maybe things will be OK? Delay isn’t a guarantee. The fact that CGC is already being open about holding off till October is a good sign IMO. We’ll see!

#2169 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

I would say that last pinball covention I visited, a majority of the crowd did not appear concerned with getting laid, lol.

I’ll never forget my first PAPA. The pale skin, cargo shorts, wrist and knee braces (for competition). It was pretty hilarious. The community has gotten significantly younger since. It thinks it’s hipper now too…but it’s not.

#2170 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The fact that CGC is already being open about holding off till October is a good sign IMO. We’ll see!

If they're not going to start making them at the earliest by October why announce it now with so much competition around

#2171 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

If they're not going to start making them at the earliest by October why announce it now with so much competition around

Since this has been "baking" for so long (over 4 years, apparently), I'm not surprised they finally went public. With so much bake time, you'd think they'd be in a great position to start building these. Oh well.

#2172 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Maybe they need the deposit money to start buying the PF specific parts?

One thousand LE deposits at $1k each plus however many SE deposits were sold is well over 1 million dollars.

#2173 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Since this has been "baking" for so long (over 4 years, apparently), I'm not surprised they finally went public. With so much bake time, you'd think they'd be in a great position to start building these. Oh well.

I would think it would be better to wait for a window when nothing is happening ( which happens a lot ) and be a lot closer to producing them . No matter how good the game is , people get really pissed off with really long wait times .
I've read a lot of people cancelling their Elvira , Cactus Canyon and Godzilla premiums because of the wait times .

#2174 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

My distro was told 60 to 90 days to ship, but guessed August to give some cushion. That seems optimistic but maybe CGC has been able to ramp things up while waiting on that topper part for CCrLE.

#2175 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

If this is true, there’s a lot more to worry about with CGC than taking too long to make games. This is what LOCs are for.

More likely a parts/labor availability issue.

#2176 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Manufacturing is complex, and it’s hard to have a game plan when you don’t know how many you need to build. A weird game like this wasn’t guaranteed big sales….even Josh said he lost some bets. Stern is in a different position - they KNOW they’re gonna sell 1000 LE’s annd a certain amount of Pros/Prems pretty much no matter what. They can confidently have everything ready to be on the line, so they can reveal, build, ship. CGC didn’t have that confidence on their first non-remake. Announcing early has given them the info they need for how many parts they’re going to have to procure to manufacture.

#2177 1 year ago
Quoted from dts:

My distro was told 60 to 90 days to ship, but guessed August to give some cushion. That seems optimistic but maybe CGC has been able to ramp things up while waiting on that topper part for CCrLE.

Does CGC have capacity to run 2 different game lines at once or will they need to wrap up CCr production before recofiguring line to start Pulp Fiction?

#2178 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Does CGC have capacity to run 2 different game lines at once or will they need to wrap up CCr production before recofiguring line to start Pulp Fiction?

If not, they’d put themselves in a good place to do so. They could be selling more MMr, MBr, and AFMr all day long.

#2179 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

CGC didn’t have that confidence on their first non-remake.

Actually CGC had that confidence. I absolutely did NOT have that confidence (leading to so many lost bets).

CGC started releasing production parts months ago to build the first 1000 machines. Unfortunately you can't build with 99% of the parts so we're still in the process of approving parts to then be released for production.

Good/Fast/Cheap ... Pick 2.

CGC picks good and cheap, so it ain't fast

#2180 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Separate line is being built up for Pulp production.

#2181 1 year ago

Just rewatched Pulp Fiction. Yeah, glad I snagged an LE. This is gonna be a gem.

#2182 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

CGC didn’t have that confidence on their first non-remake. Announcing early has given them the info they need for how many parts they’re going to have to procure to manufacture.

Is it a CGC game? I'm confused about the whose game this is. I thought it was a Play Mechanix game and CGC was just the manufacturer they contracted to build it for them.

Maybe its a CGC game and they contracted with Play Mechanix to design it? All the game info is on CGC's website not Play Mechanix.

Maybe its more of a 50/50 joint venture?

Are Play Mechanix and Raw Thrills the same company?

Quoted from ifpapinball:

Nice!

#2183 1 year ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

I heard the CFO from Raw Thrills will be working the production line.

#2184 1 year ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

I was doubtful when CGG said they were making medieval madness and I would have lost lots of bets on that happening with any quality. But they put together an awesome game and have it figured out. It's going to be fun seeing something original from them and the team putting it together is legendary. Except, who is that Josh guy?
Really Looking forward to it.:}:}:}.

#2185 1 year ago

Tried to edit :{

#2186 1 year ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

Actually CGC had that confidence. I absolutely did NOT have that confidence (leading to so many lost bets).
CGC started releasing production parts months ago to build the first 1000 machines. Unfortunately you can't build with 99% of the parts so we're still in the process of approving parts to then be released for production.
Good/Fast/Cheap ... Pick 2.
CGC picks good and cheap, so it ain't fast

Sounds good! Take your time!

#2187 1 year ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I’ll never forget my first PAPA. The pale skin, cargo shorts, wrist and knee braces (for competition). It was pretty hilarious. The community has gotten significantly younger since. It thinks it’s hipper now too…but it’s not.

Yep, even the old-timers are hipper, albeit with artificial hips. ;>

#2188 1 year ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

If you go back to just before the reveal when people were figuring out there was no LCD or ramps and the sky was falling to the genuine excitement once the love and attention soaked in after it was all shown off I think there are more than a few people who would have lost the same bets.

#2189 1 year ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

Would be nice but not sure who would make that call? Probably not CGC since this is mostly Play Mechanix on the development side. In addition, doing so would severely water down exclusivity of the LE since the topper is the main attraction. That said, they could certainly make some $$ doing so. I bet a lot of SE folks would cough up $1500 just for the topper...

I love pulp fiction but can't support fomo and buying a game before seeing gameplay footage. Not a fan of exclusivity either. I've missed out before on some spooky titles and looks like now as well. Making the topper for SE people who want to cough up the extra cash is the right thing to do. IMO

#2190 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

I love pulp fiction but can't support fomo and buying a game before seeing gameplay footage. Not a fan of exclusivity either. I've missed out before on some spooky titles and looks like now as well. Making the topper for SE people who want to cough up the extra cash is the right thing to do. IMO

While not live streaming, the videos that CGC & Flip N Out posted have plenty of gameplay footage. You can definitely tell a lot about the physics, layout, rules, etc. It was enough to satisfy me, in any case.

#2191 1 year ago
Quoted from jellikit:

I heard the CFO from Raw Thrills will be working the production line.

Not a chance! I'm busy enough keeping the Raw Thrills production line going for our actual 'real business' stuff.

#2192 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

In the world of perceived value, exclusivity is what gives it the value.

#2193 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

One thousand LE deposits at $1k each plus however many SE deposits were sold is well over 1 million dollars.

My guess is a large percentage of the people who are in on an LE didn't put down a deposit at all...there was no risk to us current CCRLE owners who haven't received their game (800+ units) ....so my guess is most just said yes to the PF LE, which is why it sold out so quickly

#2194 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

I love pulp fiction but can't support fomo and buying a game before seeing gameplay footage

So don't buy it yet. I haven't ordered one, and I'm very excited about the game. I'd actually rather play one before ordering personally, and see the art in person.

Either you care enough about a topper to go in now with the extra money, or you don't. I sure don't. If I'd ordered day one it would have been an SE anyways, so all I'm missing out on is time. It's just a pinball, there's no rush.

#2195 1 year ago

I received my ccr le 6 weeks ago at #219 and they are around 420 now. That’s about 33 a week. So that’s 25 weeks left just le’s. That’s about right because they said around sept or October for PF. That would be then end of le and maybe a few plus versions.

#2196 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

This says limited edition exclusive but I can’t say nobody has ever changed terms or maybe this is just fake news.
A6D43CB3-7CF6-41DC-89AD-7B78AC1A0912 (resized).pngA6D43CB3-7CF6-41DC-89AD-7B78AC1A0912 (resized).png

#2197 1 year ago

https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2016/11/04/churchill-cabinet-company-tour/

Enjoyed revisiting this old article. My AFMr LE was the best built pinball machine I’ve ever see. Zero anxiety and much excitement, no matter how long the wait!

#2198 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I respect not wanting to use the film poster. Clearly a boring choice. I respect wanting it to look period. But when I think of great backglasses of that era I don't think of hard line art comic books that looks very 2000s, I see painting and illustrations with texture (see below for off-the-dome examples I grabbed). With all respect to the in-house artist who did it, he didn't capture the vibe of the film or the the spirit of the era for me.
Look, it's fine, it's hardly hideous, but it does bug me. For me eight thousand dollars is a lot of money to spend on a game. If I don't love everything about it I'm out, I won't compromise on something that doesn't make me happy.

Haha yeah, no, definitely not in the cards. Everyone who's buying this I want you to enjoy it. I'm a bit sad I couldn't be into it, I love so much about it. If it was cheaper I'd probably cave. So it goes.[quoted image]

I’m guessing Tarantino played a lot of Strikes and Spares at the Corbin Bowl on Ventura Blvd. as a kid. I know I did, and it’s one of my favorite backglasses ever. I dig the PF art.

C5F8181E-6BF2-4B3E-99D0-98CF22419115 (resized).jpegC5F8181E-6BF2-4B3E-99D0-98CF22419115 (resized).jpeg
#2199 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's just a pinball, there's no rush.

There is Rush.

#2200 1 year ago

This topper fomo is cracking me up.

“Who needs an LCD screen? I don’t look up at it anyway because I focus on the playfield”

Also

“I need the topper because it’s going to be integrated into the game and act out scenes”

So now you have to look up, even higher than an LCD. Also, somehow a modeled sculpture is going to act out something other than what it is sculpted as? Sorry folks, I think this thing is just going to make the characters twist, and the car headlights blink. Maybe flash some lights here and there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

8,399 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Francisco, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

7,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,085 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 142.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pulp-fiction-hype-thread-/page/44?hl=crumbalimb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.