IMG_8115 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8114 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8113 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8120 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2167 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,966 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 140.
#2101 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Too many LE wanted ads to compete with - raising the stakes.

Machine - Wanted

Wanted: Pulp Fiction (Bad Mother Flipper LE) + $1,000,000

New ad!

Wanted! - “I want this frickin' game!”

1 hour ago

Evil Lair, VA
(2,558 mi)

Tuna_Delight

Wanted

Hope you find one.

I think the price is right on Pulp. If it was as JJP or Stern are pushing for their LEs or CEs forget it. But $9500 seems, dare I say it reasonable price with a topper.

I wasn’t thinking about buying Pulp LE but the price is about what a Stern premium costs.

#2102 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Hope you find one.
I think the price is right on Pulp. If it was as JJP or Stern are pushing for their LEs or CEs forget it. But $9500 seems, dare I say it reasonable price with a topper.
I wasn’t thinking about buying Pulp LE but the price is about what a Stern premium costs.

PFLE with incredible theme integration, David Thiel on music and sound, and general build quality is pretty much a no-brainer for me. I think CGC may be the only company still using the silk screen process for playfields. I was struggling with paying $15k for a GFCE and $13k on FFLE. Zero concerns here.

#2103 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Imagine the 37 Dicks (in a row?) Combo.

Try not to suck any dick on the way to the parking lot.

#2104 1 year ago
Quoted from Hoss_Coog:

Berserker needs to be part of the song package.

57C3C379-399C-498A-88B0-94F0F03F10D3 (resized).jpeg57C3C379-399C-498A-88B0-94F0F03F10D3 (resized).jpeg

My Kid:
Did he just say, Making Fuck?!?

#2105 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Hope you find one.

$9500 seems very competitive in 2023. Especially for a title like PF..

#2106 1 year ago

Look this is a terrible game, and I would cancel my LE reservation right now! please someone, take my advice. I have no ulterior motive (insert Pinocchio nose)

#2107 1 year ago
Quoted from dts:

I was struggling with paying $15k for a GFCE and $13k on FFLE. Zero concerns here.

Agree. My FFLE was close to 14k with 7% sales tax (yes, I support my local retailer and suffer the sales tax PFLE felt like a relative bargain...

Would have been happy with a Premium, but skeptical Stern will ever start shipping kits in a timely manner (and it's a killer feature on a music pin).

#2108 1 year ago

Why does QT hate me? I love Pulp Fiction, his movie. I love pinball. {personality #2 trips into personality #1 carrying a projector, running on batteries and playing PF). Standing up I utter, ”Pulp Fiction pinball, baby. I’d love a PF machine with full video assets and ramps.” QT hates me, so much.

#2109 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Why does QT hate me? I love Pulp Fiction, his movie. I love pinball. {personality #1 trips into personality #2 carrying a projector on batteries playing PF). Standing up I utter, ”Pulp Fiction pinball, baby. I’d love a PF machine with full video assets and ramps.” QT hates me, so much.

He doesn’t even want people to watch his movies on 4k blu-ray…. He is very particular on how we interact with his creations. I love the direction of this game myself.

#2110 1 year ago
Quoted from MegaFeenix:

He doesn’t even want people to watch his movies on 4k blu-ray…. He is very particular on how we interact with his creations. I love the direction of this game myself.

We can’t all have 35mm setups in our basements! I’ve been fortunate enough to see all his films in 35mm with the exception of Once Upon a time… which looks amazing on 4K for whatever that’s worth.

#2111 1 year ago

Referring to the Quentin and Roger Avery screenwriting.
They wrote Reservoir, Pulp, and Romance as one multipart film.
They broke it up, rewrote them, and made what they could.
Avery went off to Direct Killing Zoe and Quentin rewrote and made Pulp.
Quentin asked for screenplay credit because he massively expanded the original short story. Avery gets the Story credit in the film.
The Gold watch idea was Avery's.

They remain today Best Friends, last year they Started a New Podcast VIDEO ARCHIVES Podcast.
They met and worked together at the Video Archives store in the 80s.
Now they hang out every friday and watch 3 Classic VHS tapes from the Video Archives collection, and Hilariously review the movies.
Quentin Bought the entire Stores VHS collection when it went out of Buisness, so he has 1000's of the OG tapes he and Avery rented out to customers at the store.
Avery bought the stores entire Laserdisk stock .

The Podcast is the greatest Movie Geek show I've ever heard.
In the first episode they deep dive Dan Obannon and John Carpenters Dark Star !! Amazing.

#2112 1 year ago

Tarantino is a weird cat. He has very particular opinions about how film, and his very specifically, should be viewed. He’s stuck in a very 70s aesthetic, where the content can be as modern as it needs to be, but the presentation needs to be era specific to the height of his nostalgia. This machine makes complete sense in his world.

As to Bruce Willis, I suspect that WT doesn’t want big representations of him that he knows Bruce can’t and won’t be available to get an okay from before approving.

#2113 1 year ago

Now we need a Django pin. Could you imagine the mansion shootout part. Omg

#2114 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Now we need a Django pin. Could you imagine the mansion shootout part. Omg

It would be a flipper less, purely mechanical bagatelle. I don’t think even the hardcores are ready for that.

#2115 1 year ago

Only if it's the 1966 Django film.

#2116 1 year ago

My tin can and string tells me Mark Ritchie is coming to Pinbrew with a PF in tow.

#2117 1 year ago

I just missed an LE and looking at this Pin I'm slightly concerned and I wonder how interictal the topper is to the game. Aesthetically its obvious, maybe someone can fabricate a topper that wouldn't be interactive but could enhance the looks. Is this like missing an LED screen from a Stern game or a DMD from a Bally/Williams? It seems like it could be a significant miss, more so than sculpted models vs printed plastics.. Mirror blades and shaker can be installed after the fact, the grill is pretty cool but I can see that being fabricated after market, the Bad Mother Flipper is and should be exclusive to the LE...

#2118 1 year ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:I just missed an LE and looking at this Pin I'm slightly concerned and I wonder how interictal the topper is to the game. Aesthetically its obvious, maybe someone can fabricate a topper that wouldn't be interactive but could enhance the looks. Is this like missing an LED screen from a Stern game or a DMD from a Bally/Williams? It seems like it could be a significant miss, more so than sculpted models vs printed plastics.. Mirror blades and shaker can be installed after the fact, the grill is pretty cool but I can see that being fabricated after market, the Bad Mother Flipper is and should be exclusive to the LE...

Do you need it to enjoy the game...probably not. It does seem like it does more than just do it's own thing. It seems there may be some animation tied to dialogue for mode starts/mb starts etc. They don't just dance the whole time.

#2119 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Do you need it to enjoy the game...probably not. It does seem like it does more than just do it's own thing. It seems there may be some animation tied to dialogue for mode starts/mb starts etc. They don't just dance the whole time.

Exactly

#2120 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

$9500 seems very competitive in 2023. Especially for a title like PF..

It is. That's why LE sold out in a day or two.

Good product for a fair price sells.

#2121 1 year ago
Quoted from MegaFeenix:

PF looks great in 4K.

https://www.amazon.com/Pulp-Fiction-John-Travolta/dp/B0BBHBD4DY/ref=sr_1_1

#2122 1 year ago

Fuck it. If you want my LE spot I’ll sell it to you for $4,000.

#2123 1 year ago

I’m visiting south Florida and now just sitting outside at a pizza place, and asked some of the 17 year olds if they had ever heard of Pulp Fiction and just got blank stares. They seemed to have heard of QT.

There’s a SilverBall Pinball museum up the street I’ve been to previously, and it seems they have replaced a lot of their pinball with video games. Doubt they will get in any of the latest titles. Maybe SilverBall in New Jersey will get the current games?

#2124 1 year ago

Has there been ANY news at all about a gameplay stream?

I don't know that I've ever seen an official stream from CGC. Like, has Jack ever done a gameplay reveal stream for a CGC pin?
CGC is notorious for taking its sweet time - and for doing so with no communication to their customers. Perhaps they see no reason to stream. They can sell units with just the Flip-N-Out featurette and wait until late in the year when the game is close to production before making any real effort to stream it. The game looks great, but I would really love to *hear* it. David Thiel is a great talent for sure. His sound package on IM is one of my favorites. He says in the featurette that he composed original music for the game. I would like to hear it. I would also like to hear his sound effects and his use of the 250+ bits of movie dialogue, etc. It's great that CGC posted quite a nice/thorough ruleset PDF. That's something I've never seen from Stern or JJP. Good job!

#2125 1 year ago

I'm at 3500 for my le spot

#2126 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Has there been ANY news at all about a gameplay stream?

Yes, they said they want to do one, but probably not until after TPF.

I don't know that I've ever seen an official stream from CGC.

Keep in mind, this isn't a CGC game. They're manufacturing it, and did the topper, but that's it.

#2127 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

because doing AFTER someone does a crappy cell phone video always works out positively....

#2128 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

because doing AFTER someone does a crappy cell phone video always works out positively....

Crappy photo first ... Good photos later.

Crappy video first ... Good videos later.

#sticktotheplan

#2129 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Thanks. That's helpful. Something to look forward to!

Quoted from Aurich:

Keep in mind, this isn't a CGC game. They're manufacturing it, and did the topper, but that's it.

Oh. Right. Sorry. Game Mechanix and Raw Thrills are in charge. Mustn't forget!

#2130 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Fuck it. If you want my LE spot I’ll sell it to you for $4,000.

Quoted from surfnrg:

I'm at 3500 for my le spot

Pffff - amateurs . I’ll sell my LE spot for $7500 . BOOM ! That’s how it’s done .

#2131 1 year ago

My name is Winston Wolf and I sell LE spots for 30K.

#2132 1 year ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

Pffff - amateurs . I’ll sell my LE spot for $7500 . BOOM ! That’s how it’s done .

Hold my beer…

Well, let’s see, Bond 60th sold for $20K, and Pulp Fiction is superior in my book, but I’ll be charitable, and let my LE go for the same.

#2133 1 year ago

Pinside: Flippers and scalpers are the bane of this hobby. They should be banned from Pinside then castrated.

Also Pinside: When I can’t get the game I want I’m going to put a wanted ad up offering a $2000 premium to anyone that wants to flip me their game. The seller should be exempt from castration.

#2134 1 year ago

Welcome to the jungle.

#2135 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Welcome to the jungle.

We got fun and games.

#2136 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

We got fun and games.

We got everything you want....

....except Pulp Fiction LE's.

#2137 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

We got everything you want....
....except Pulp Fiction LE's.

That's the only concern I have with Pulp Fiction ... in all honestly. When is CGC actually going to deliver these?

Truly.

#2138 1 year ago

That's the only concern I have with Pulp Fiction ... in all honestly. When is CGC actually going to deliver these?
Truly.

Way to ruin the party buzz kill.

#2139 1 year ago

David Thiel is a great talent for sure. His sound package on IM is one of my favorites. He says in the featurette that he composed original music for the game. I would like to hear it. I would also like to hear his sound effects and his use of the 250+ bits of movie dialogue, etc.

On of the things Dave Thiel said in the featurette that really got my attention was when he said it was his best sound package to date. That's a pretty cool fident thing to says considering how awesome his previous games have been.

You can also hear some of his original music in that featurette. It's in the background in many spots as the people are talking but it's pretty low volume so it's a bit hard to hear the music over the talking.

At the 45:37 point you can hear some new music and it sounded like a choir saying Hallejula. Maybe that's the music when you get to rhe Divine Intervention mode?

#2140 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Way to ruin the party buzz kill.

My apologies for pointing this out. But it is the sad history and reality of CGC. They ... take... FOREVER ... to produce their games.

That said ... a David Thiel audio production IS definitely waiting for!

#2141 1 year ago

My apologies for pointing this out. But it is the sad history and reality of CGC. They ... take... FOREVER ... to produce their games.
That said ... a David Thiel audio production IS definitely waiting for!

What cha think of their refundable deposit, if feel like you are waiting to long just ask and get your 500 bucks back.

#2142 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

What cha think of their refundable deposit, if feel like you are waiting to long just ask and get your 500 bucks back.

Okay ... all well and good. But the reality is? How many CCre buyers are still waiting for their games?

Just saying - something to factor into the overall game consideration.

#2143 1 year ago

Okay ... all well and good. But the reality is? How many CCre buyers are still waiting for their games?

According the FAQ on the CCr fan thread about 400 of the 1000 LE's have been shipped so far. So a little less than half done.

If the PFLE are built after the SE's, and lf past performance is indicative of future, I'd be surprised if any PFLE's arrive before 2024.

#2144 1 year ago

Me I am still waiting for my CCre and really don't care for one second. If I get frustrated I will call my distro and get my entire payment in full refunded. I opted to pay in full so he knew I really wanted the game, yes I know it is not required by CGC but oh well I don't care.

CGC should be applauded for being the only company I know of that has a refundable deposit. I can understand why JJP doesn't with the latest playfield pics and issues I bet they would lose 20% of the non-refundable deposits they have.

And I bought a PF as well and only did 500 down, I don't care I can get it back next week, next month or next year with a simple phone call easy breezy.

#2145 1 year ago

This game will be worth the wait, even if it takes years. Plenty of great games out there to enjoy in the meantime.

#2146 1 year ago

So, is anyone buying an SE or is CGC just going to sell 1000 of these?

#2147 1 year ago

Lots of folks are buying an SE, probably myself included, but there is no reason to get in a hurry to buy one. CGC won’t get any out his year, MAYBE December. Why bother throwing money at it now?

#2148 1 year ago

I'll be in on a SE next year... obviously there is no rush.

#2149 1 year ago
Quoted from Jagrmaister:

So, is anyone buying an SE or is CGC just going to sell 1000 of these?

We are in on a SE when they become available. I am thinking at least 18 months.

#2150 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Me I am still waiting for my CCre and really don't care for one second. If I get frustrated ...

Congrats to CGC for their policy AND to you for your patience!

Quoted from sunnRAT:

This game will be worth the wait, even if it takes years. Plenty of great games out there to enjoy in the meantime.

Yep - exactly. PLENTY of great games to enjoy in the meantime.

Thank you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Romeoville, IL
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

8,399 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
There are 6,966 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 140.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pulp-fiction-hype-thread-/page/43?hl=knackers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.