IMG_2914 (resized).jpg
IMG_2913 (resized).jpg
IMG_2915 (resized).jpg
IMG_1608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1594 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3525 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3519 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,045 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 141.
#2051 1 year ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Every week it seems someone pitches this. The BOM on the "Home" pins only budget one node board that can drive 9 solenoids. Meteor's individually controllable drop targets would use a whole node board all by themselves.
If they were to re-release the classics, Pro prices maybe (but I doubt it). Below 5k is just a dream at this point. See the Fathom remake, Beatles, etc., for where you would really see the costs.

But it doesn't have ramps!!!

Probably would cost Stern like 50 bucks in parts to build one!

#2052 1 year ago

How does CGC run machines on the line? LE's or SE's first, mixed, etc?

#2053 1 year ago

I think they could make Star Gazer a home pin. Let's coil count! Trough, add an autolaunch for multiball support, L Flipper, R Flipper, make the slings fire together, make the 3 pops fire together, 3 drop target mechs . 9 transistor outputs, same as a single node board.

Also Pulp Fiction is rad! Can't wait to hear more Thiel noises.

#2054 1 year ago

CGC’s practice of making LE models last is really dumb. They need to flip the script on this.

#2055 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

CGC’s practice of making LE models last is really dumb. They need to flip the script on this.

Thanks for answering that. I thought that's what I've seen but I really questioned it, because why? Sounds like I may be able to get my SE by Christmas

#2056 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

As an SE buyer, I’m okay with the current process.

#2057 1 year ago
Quoted from schudel5:

So who do you think will end up with LE number 666 or 420? Any other 3 digit number significant in the movie?

I will definitely have 420 guaranteed just ask @pinballjah, 007 for Bond 60th, and 666 for PF winning!!!

#2058 1 year ago

To me this theme of PF just screams for what it has to offer even without ramps and an LCD. I'm good with that. I'll watch the movie on blu ray 100 more times before I play. The vibe of this game and how they put it all together is just refreshing. It's just nice to see something like this compared to all that was just released. Plenty to choose from of course but we waited a long time for a release like this. I'm sure my SE will be worth the $8k.

#2059 1 year ago

It’s real and I doubt anyone will be able to get an LE for less than that. Will most likely be $12k or more when it gets closer.

#2060 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

As an SE buyer, I’m okay with the current process.

As an LE buyer, I am not.

#2061 1 year ago

I like LE's last. Kinks normally worked out. I had zero issues with my MBrLE.

#2062 1 year ago
Quoted from schudel5:

So who do you think will end up with LE number 666 or 420? Any other 3 digit number significant in the movie?

Haven't watched PF in a while but I don't remember a 420 joke. Or did you just mean it was popular with stoners?

As for 666, if Tarantino started this by asking for a personalized pin you have to imagine he's first in line.

#2063 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I like LE's last. Kinks normally worked out. I had zero issues with my MBrLE.

Stern has been doing LEs very early (after small Pro runs) for many years.

#2064 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Haven't watched PF in a while but I don't remember a 420 joke. Or did you just mean it was popular with stoners?

There was an urban myth that all the clocks in Pulp Fiction were set to 4:20. There were a few but now all.

https://legendsrevealed.com/entertainment/2015/04/13/are-all-the-timepieces-in-pulp-fiction-really-set-to-420/

#2065 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Seriously, if stern did limited run re-releases of the best of their classics (say, SG, SW, Catacomb, QS, Stars, Meteor).

Early SS loving pinheads have been asking for this for years, but also ask for unrealistic low MSRP prices. IMO Stern has felt that reproducing throwback titles wouldn't be profitable or result in enough sales. They tried their limited versions of "throwbacks" with The Beatles & Bond 60th. Yet they still could not get away from screens in these games either. Their throwback approach led to mixed results & eye-popping prices. They look nothing like early SS games, other than the fact the playfields are single level.

PFLE is the first modern game to really embrace throwback features & looks from those early SS games. I'm sure the immediate sellout of PFLE has surprised many in the industry. CGC & Raw Thrills are probably completely amazed at the immediate sales success of PF.

On the podcast it sounded like PF was a one-off, lets-wait-and-see how this goes project. Sounded like they don't want to jump into regular pinball development. But positive word-of-mouth & robust sales can quickly change all that. I think PF is going to be the attention-stealing darling of TPF next weekend. Thier panel will be really interesting to hear. I could easily see Raw Thrills/CGC teaming up to develop another throwback title. Embrace this new segment of the market & just run with it.

#2066 1 year ago

I'm ok with not being first on the line with my LE if it means perfection and less kinks which is probably why they don't do them first. But would be nice not to be on the end of the whole deal. Either way I'm super stoked! I hope to play it at the MGC convention at the end of the month if they have it which sounds like they will

Conrad

#2067 1 year ago
Quoted from Conrad:

I'm ok with not being first on the line with my LE if it means perfection and less kinks which is probably why they don't do them first. But would be nice not to be on the end of the whole deal. Either way I'm super stoked! I hope to play it at the MGC convention at the end of the month if they have it which sounds like they will
Conrad

I hope they dont plan on filling ALL of the SE orders before starting the LE run. At 8K i think there will be a lot if SE orders.

#2068 1 year ago

I’m a bit late to the party. Are all distros sold out on Le’s?

#2069 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

I bet if you go put your name on some lists, spots will open up eventually. It's going to be a long wait. People will move on at some point.

#2070 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

I've contacted a lot and I'm on some lists if LE spots open up

#2071 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Everyone has a price....

(resized).png (resized).png
#2072 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Are all distros sold out on Le’s?

Depends on if you want to call them all to find out. If I had a dollar for anyone that posted they were gone and then someone posted they found one afterwards...I'd have about seven dollars.

https://www.chicago-gaming.com/distributors/23

#2073 1 year ago

Since Play Mechanix and CC are paying attention to this thread just want to say I love what I see with PF,
I’m in on a LE!
You guys might be the only ones who would to justice to Cheech n Chong pin.

855765D6-9292-4B6C-9C36-1ED57180DEBD (resized).jpeg855765D6-9292-4B6C-9C36-1ED57180DEBD (resized).jpeg
#2074 1 year ago

Or if they feel like doing another very quotable 1994 movie produced by Miramax
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Imagine the Silent Bob callouts!

#2075 1 year ago

Wow... so now the topper, blades and shaker are being valued at $1000 + $1500 = 2500. What's your selling point? I'm at 5k so $3500 vig.

#2076 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

[quoted image]

Snoochie Boochies!

Berserker needs to be part of the song package.

#2077 1 year ago

Zed's dead, baby.

Zed's dead.

20230317_134734.jpg20230317_134734.jpg
#2078 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

[quoted image]

Imagine the 37 Dicks (in a row?) Combo.

#2079 1 year ago
Quoted from surfnrg:

Wow... so now the topper, blades and shaker are being valued at $1000 + $1500 = 2500. What's your selling point? I'm at 5k so $3500 vig.

I listened to the LoserKid podcast with Mark and Josh and they asked about production order and they thought it would be SE then LE again like CCr. My guess is the ad poster will have plenty of time/chances to grab an LE spot.

#2080 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Since Play Mechanix and CC are paying attention to this thread just want to say I love what I see with PF,
I’m in on a LE!
You guys might be the only ones who would to justice to Cheech n Chong pin.[quoted image]

I like what your throwing down man

#2081 1 year ago

I am 100% excited, but if you’re going to force me to be nitpicky… Butch isn’t on the playfield, but Jimmie (Tarantino) is? Is that QT ego or the designers trying to pay homage to the creator/enabler? Not making guesses, just asking. Probably nobody who knows would dare answer.

I don’t even mind much that the watch is a Ritchie… he made the dern thing, go right ahead. I am not sure if I have a better idea for branding the watch. Anyone know if there’s special significance to the time on the watch? Was that the time the one in the movie was frozen?

#2082 1 year ago
Quoted from prl867:

My distributor prefers PayPal for initial deposits. The $30 fee is to cover their fees also.

Damn.

#2083 1 year ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

Anyone know if there’s special significance to the time on the watch? Was that the time the one in the movie was frozen?

Shoot the ramp mkr!

#2084 1 year ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

I am 100% excited, but if you’re going to force me to be nitpicky… Butch isn’t on the playfield, but Jimmie (Tarantino) is? Is that QT ego or the designers trying to pay homage to the creator/enabler?

Butch was on the art they submitted. The movie studio said no.

It be like that sometimes.

#2085 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:Since Play Mechanix and CC are paying attention to this thread just want to say I love what I see with PF,
I’m in on a LE!
You guys might be the only ones who would to justice to Cheech n Chong pin.[quoted image]

If Doug or anyone at CGC are reading these at least give us the clock at 4:20 PLEASE and I don't even toke!!!

#2086 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Depends on if you want to call them all to find out. If I had a dollar for anyone that posted they were gone and then someone posted they found one afterwards...I'd have about seven dollars.
https://www.chicago-gaming.com/distributors/23

I have a friend who called all of those names two days ago and came up empty.

#2087 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

I hope they dont plan on filling ALL of the SE orders before starting the LE run. At 8K i think there will be a lot if SE orders.

I agree, I was hoping they would do some than swap into the LEs. But if they stick with previous runs, it will be last.....

#2088 1 year ago

Seems like a fairly simple game.
Not overly much in it or any really spectacular ball paths.
So lots of dough in that sense.
Whats saving it and really whats going to bring this to top, is all the spectacular audio bits/quotes, the music and that wonderful topper.

#2089 1 year ago

Just finished the podcast, "I don't hate it anymore" should be on the promotional material.

#2090 1 year ago

any gameplay video yet?

#2091 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

If Doug or anyone at CGC are reading these at least give us the clock at 4:20 PLEASE and I don't even toke!!!

No one would ever play the pin and there would be Cheeto bags and crumbs everywhere.

Is that what you want?

#2092 1 year ago

Too many LE wanted ads to compete with - raising the stakes.

Machine - Wanted
Wanted! - “I want this frickin' game!”
2023-03-17
Evil Lair, VA
Wanted
Archived after: 1 day
Viewed: 994 times

#2093 1 year ago
Quoted from surfnrg:

any gameplay video yet?

They said one is coming but probably not until after TPF.

#2094 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Contractually obligated!

#2095 1 year ago

Kind of Butch related, I’m sure mods are already on the 3D printers.

37F8A4D3-39B1-42F1-99AF-B990CC62A431 (resized).jpeg37F8A4D3-39B1-42F1-99AF-B990CC62A431 (resized).jpeg
#2096 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Machine - Wanted

Wanted: Pulp Fiction (Bad Mother Flipper LE) + $1,000,000

New ad!

Wanted! - “I want this frickin' game!”

1 hour ago

Evil Lair, VA
(1,802 mi)

Tuna_Delight

Wanted

Not flaming on you, I know you just desperately want this pin. But you realize this encourages the "flippers for profit". The exact thing we've been condemning for years.

#2097 1 year ago

If there IS a PF at TPF and it’s anything less than a wet dream please people keep it to yourselves. Don’t pop the rest of our balloons. Nov-Dec is a long time to sit on that thought.

#2098 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Not flaming on you, I know you just desperately want this pin. But you realize this encourages the "flippers for profit". The exact thing we've been condemning for years.

Why are we against this again? Isn't the entire point of manufactured scarcity to make games more collectable?

#2100 1 year ago
Quoted from surfnrg:

Why are we against this again?

So we don't pay 12 grand for a $9,500 game?

Quoted from surfnrg:

Isn't the entire point of manufactured scarcity to make games more collectable?

Yes, it sucks, and I want no part of fanning the flames.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Wanted
Machine - For Sale
Romeoville, IL
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 210.00
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

7,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
There are 7,045 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 141.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pulp-fiction-hype-thread-/page/42 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.