IMG_2914 (resized).jpg
IMG_2913 (resized).jpg
IMG_2915 (resized).jpg
IMG_1608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1594 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3525 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3519 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 141.
#1951 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Seems like rank speculation on a game you won’t have in hand for months+. Buy the LE for what it is if you want it, but assuming you’ll come out ahead financially vs the SE is questionable.

Seen the same in the Fathom thread.

#1952 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Seen the same in the Fathom thread.

Fathom has a lot more going for it between the different models then just a topper and a metal plaque on the apron.

#1953 1 year ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Fathom has a lot more going for it between the different models then just a topper.

We were talking about the speculators i thought?

#1954 1 year ago
Quoted from surfnrg:

why the extra $30? CC fees?

Yes, I believe so.

#1955 1 year ago
Quoted from prl867:

Yes, I believe so.

Shoulda been $15. If it was based on 3% that is...

#1956 1 year ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Dusk till Dawn is awesome too.

Robert Rodriguez. Although QT was in the film and they collab on stuff.

#1957 1 year ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Robert Rodriguez. Although QT was in the film and they collab on stuff.

Yeah, Tarantino's acting really "shines" next to Clooney in that one. I'm sure he's having fun but he belongs behind the camera.

#1958 1 year ago
Quoted from Hoss_Coog:

BMF plaque is metal.

Good! 3D printers be damned!

#1959 1 year ago
Quoted from Astropin:

My single favorite movie scene of all time (the one from True Romance...to be clear).

It’s mine too

#1960 1 year ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Vincent knows he's a mad boxer because he says, "you heard me just fine punchy"
Butch is just staring as if he is thinking about ripping his head off...but probably wondering, why is this guy not scared of me....lol

Also, right after this butch is pissed off and keys Vincents car. Lol

#1961 1 year ago
Quoted from JordyRamone:

Also, right after this butch is pissed off and keys Vincents car. Lol

Wait is this true? I never thought of Butch being the one that Keyed the car.

#1962 1 year ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

Wait is this true? I never thought of Butch being the one that Keyed the car.

Yep. QT confirmed it

#1963 1 year ago

So is this about the pinny or the movie?

#1964 1 year ago
Quoted from Minnpin65:

Seriously? 29 Pinsiders have PFLE listed in their collections on the Pinmap. A little hasty I’d say. C’mon guys…

This should be illegal. Game not in collection until it enters the home. I don't care if you have a deposit or paid in full.

#1965 1 year ago

Butch kills more people in the movie than Jules or Vincent individually.

He kills a boxer off camera.

#1966 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

This should be illegal. Game not in collection until it enters the home. I don't care if you have a deposit or paid in full.

It’s been that way for years. “Illegal”?? Lol.. It’s fun to let people know they are locked in on a new release. Is it really that big of a deal?

#1967 1 year ago

I have a Cirquis Voltaire that was dropped at the restorer on the way to me. It has left the other guys collection, so is it in limbo?

And i have removed my Judge Dredd that was part of the swap, although it is still here, it no longer belongs to me.

rod-serling-in-the-twilight-zone.gifrod-serling-in-the-twilight-zone.gif

I'mSoConfusedPunkin

#1968 1 year ago
Quoted from corvair61:

It’s been that way for years. “Illegal”?? Lol.. It’s fun to let people know they are locked in on a new release. Is it really that big of a deal?

Not really...it's just fun to bitch about because it's a little weird.

#1969 1 year ago

added to my collection

#1970 1 year ago
Quoted from wesman:

Shoulda been $15. If it was based on 3% that is...

My distributor prefers PayPal for initial deposits. The $30 fee is to cover their fees also.

#1971 1 year ago

Check out the big brain on Brett!

#1972 1 year ago

"Ain't no fuckin' ballpark neither. Now look, maybe your method of massage differs from mine, but, you know, touchin' his wife's feet, and stickin' your tongue in her Holiest of Holies, ain't the same fuckin' ballpark, it ain't the same league, it ain't even the same fuckin' sport"

#1973 1 year ago
Quoted from FlopTube:

Reservoir Dogs
Kill Bill
Pulp Fiction
In that order for me. Although any of his movies are better than 95% of the shit Hollywood kicks out these days, so I’m glad at least one of them is being made into a pin.

How is no one giving Django some love? Some great lines in that flick too. What I love about Pulp is QT is constantly doing the misdirect. You expect X to happen and he gives you Q. For instance:
Honey Bunny is so sweet in the beginning, asking what happened to the little boy, so sweet to the waiter, then jumps up with her ANY OF YOU EFFIN PRICKS MOVE line.
During the date, you are totally thinking he’s going to fool around with Mia and get killed my Marcellus, and then she dips into his heroine.

He does it over and over in the movie. Shocks the bell out of us with some razor sharp dialogue. I’m so stoked for this sound package. I hope they don’t make the topper separate so that the LEs will be really special.

#1974 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

All right, everybody be cool, this is a robbery!
LTG : )

so happy you’re getting one of these in case I have issues lol.

#1975 1 year ago
Quoted from Astropin:

"Ain't no fuckin' ballpark neither. Now look, maybe your method of massage differs from mine, but, you know, touchin' his wife's feet, and stickin' your tongue in her Holiest of Holies, ain't the same fuckin' ballpark, it ain't the same league, it ain't even the same fuckin' sport"

"Don't be telling me about foot massages, I'm the foot fuckin' master."

#1976 1 year ago
Quoted from corvair61:

Pinside collection police about ready to make an arrest! I bet that Stern Magic is also on preorder. Locked in!

Screenshot 2023-03-16 at 8.40.40 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-03-16 at 8.40.40 PM (resized).png
#1977 1 year ago

Well if it's illegal, it's illegal, man.

Ignorance is not a valid defense, apparently.

OffToSeeIfIListedMyIncomingMermaidPunkin

#1978 1 year ago

Nope, safe.

#1979 1 year ago

Getting a bit carried away with all things PF! $13 (AUD) was a deal I could not pass by!

IMG_4872 (resized).jpegIMG_4872 (resized).jpeg
#1980 1 year ago

Been working with owner of pinside to add an "on order" section of our collection since pins now take 1-2 yrs to receive. Nothing from pinside on this yet and been a month. Said it was a good idea. I add to my collection right away with a Dec 25th date I change later so I can imput the price and details. Wish there was an "on order" section.

#1981 1 year ago

I really can’t wait for the Texas Pinball festival to start so you guys can stop talking about all the Quentin Tarantino movies?

#1982 1 year ago
Quoted from surfnrg:

added to my collection

Just added. Why not enjoy the pre-ownership as well!

#1983 1 year ago

Absolutely amazing game! These guys understand pinball! Thank you, Play Mechanix, and Chicago Gaming Company, for designing this f****** incredible machine!

#1984 1 year ago
Quoted from Invictus:

Absolutely amazing game! These guys understand pinball! Thank you, Play Mechanix, and Chicago Gaming Company, for designing this f****** incredible machine!

Does CGC understand how to deliver games?

Because I’m still waiting since Nov 2021 for my fully paid CCRLE

With ZERO communication from Doug at CGC while rolling out a new game

Yeah I don’t think so. Tap the brakes

#1985 1 year ago

Seems the distros learned a lesson though? At a certain point I'd be asking for them to refund my cash until it's actually ready to ship. This time it seems they are saying they won't take final payment until 2 weeks out...but I'd say, wait for that crap to be on the shipping dock.

#1986 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Because I’m still waitin...

Sorry to hear that you're still waiting on your game from CGC. Sure that waiting for over a year is not what you had in mind. But hey, let's look on the bright side; there is a saying, “Anticipation is one of the greatest joys." ...

That being said, this game looks great! While not ideal, I’d wait a year for this machine...

Here's hoping that CGC will get their act together!

#1987 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Holy hell did a lot of people fully pay? I have noticed a lot more distribution places doing this.

#1988 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Pulp Fiction looks amazing but if you have to wait 2 years to receive delivery that's a bit much, hopefully the wait will be worth it...

#1989 1 year ago

If you have to wait two years, think about how hard that color coat will be

#1990 1 year ago

One thing I saw the distro say is that people who have a CCr on order and want a PF they will go to the front of the line. So it sounds like this game will be made/done before the CC's are in some capacity.

#1991 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I’ll take a CC LE spot if anyone is giving one away. I’ve had several people try to sell me their spot for $$$$! I’m like no thanks that topper ain’t exclusive if you know what I mean.
But I’d love a LE order spot if anyone has one at cost.

Rai, There's an ad for one located in FL.

#1992 1 year ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

If you have to wait two years, think about how hard that color coat will be

Lol. That’s true!

Have plenty of games to play in the meantime.

Just hope CGC gets their shit together and at least starts communicating.

#1993 1 year ago

How many pinball companies offer a 100% cancelation refund no questions asked? I am only aware of CGC doing this. Thus the wait really is meaningless.

#1994 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yes hopefully Doug will give better customer service and communication to the PF club than he has been with us CCLE buyers

#1995 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Lol. That’s true!
Have plenty of games to play in the meantime.
Just hope CGC gets their shit together and at least starts communicating.

They won't

#1996 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

One thing I saw the distro say is that people who have a CCr on order and want a PF they will go to the front of the line. So it sounds like this game will be made/done before the CC's are in some capacity.

This is true from my distributor, CCrLE 1st then down payment on PF but goes in order on CCrLE

#1997 1 year ago

I’m glad I got my ccr le. Sorry for those still waiting. It’s worth the wait. I’m told sept/October for PH le to be ran. Q3

Still don’t thing medieval madness will be ran until next year if at all. Some are selling spots.

#1998 1 year ago

Moderators, do we really need 2 hype threads? Please combine or close one.

#1999 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I guarantee you Tarantino watched and appreciated all those movies, and it played a part in his casting for Pulp Fiction.

This would not be correct. Tarantino did not like the Look Who's Talking franchise. I remember an interview back in the 90's where he specifically called out the "talking baby" movies as crap.

He was a fan of Travolta's earlier movies but thought his career path had taken a sharp decline.

https://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/celebrity-news/tarantino-cast-travolta-in-pulp-fiction-to-fix-his-failing-acting-career-8179544.html

#2000 1 year ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

But when LCD screens came along, I feel some companies & programmers have just taken it too far.

I think PF has taken it too far with noscreen. It’s just the oppsosite of TG and that’s ok bc lots of lcd games have released I would be surprised if the success of PF will be a trend reversal but what speaks for it noscreen cuts a lot of cost and frees dev time for other areas.

JJP is the godfather of lcd. LCD is made for very deep rulesets with multiple layers for that you need multiwindowed visuals to send info you can’t display that on the playfield or on callouts. DMD can’t do that that’s why JJPs Einstein move with lcd it took pinball out the middleages into the 21st century.

I agree in that regard though that on flatter code meaning from all other manufacturers an lcd is not needed bc it then „only“ provides visuals without any game info. Still can’t even imagine missing visuals on those games but that’s question of taste. Imo visuals are needed even more on flatter code to make the experience richer.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Francisco, CA
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Wanted
7,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Frisco, TX
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 141.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pulp-fiction-hype-thread-/page/40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.