IMG_0215 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0213 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2630 (resized).jpg
IMG_2621 (resized).jpg
IMG_5756 (resized).jpeg
pb-tbl (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,812 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 137.
#1751 1 year ago
Quoted from Blackice:

I couldn’t decide on FF, GF or PF so I’m out on all.

Wait for everyone else to get them and decide for you. Great thinking!

Seriously, I may plunk down on this game but I think I can live without the topper. It's really just about having that title "Bad Mother Flipper", but I guess I can call mine that anyways.

#1752 1 year ago

FOMO is hitting really really hard on this one… anyone know of any distributors still selling LEs at MSRP?

#1753 1 year ago

I just hope the LE's ship with the shaker motor. Maybe they will take a page from Stern and just save a few bucks by having the buyer install them for free.

As if the $20k wasn't enough of a slap in the dick...

#1754 1 year ago
Quoted from Blackice:

Can someone please release a game without an F in the acronym? Every time I see a game mentioned this month I have to stop and remind myself which one it is. Not to mention TPF.

#1755 1 year ago
Quoted from Blackice:

This might be the smartestest answer.

#1756 1 year ago
Quoted from Blackice:

I looked at all three and went, PF TAKE MY MONEY!

#1757 1 year ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I looked at all three and went, PF TAKE MY MONEY!

yup, didn't even know the game was coming out...saw it referenced in another thread....15 minutes later I was buying a pinball machine. It looks so damm good...it was an instant must have out of nowhere.

#1758 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

That is awesome. I hope you bring in plenty. Good luck!

I'm not bring a bunch of them them in. I was speaking as in individual thing. I organised an LE yesterday, just hoping the GMG didn't mislead me about still having LE slots available.

#1759 1 year ago

Wondering if ifpapinball can shed more light on the CoinUp® Online System this machine will have. I am hoping this is the way we can connect to the machine to run diagnostics and change settings (amongst other features).

#1760 1 year ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

I'm not bring a bunch of them them in. I was speaking as in individual thing. I organised an LE yesterday, just hoping the GMG didn't mislead me about still having LE slots available.

All good mate! I think the game is a winner. Congrats.

#1761 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Can someone please release a game without an F in the acronym? Every time I see a game mentioned this month I have to stop and remind myself which one it is. Not to mention TPF.

I'm forced to use acronyms all day at work and don't care to in my hobbies. Call me old but we never referred to EM's using acronyms, never heard anyone say "hey, I heard you traded your *CF for a CW and SM". *Captain Fantastic, Card Whiz, Space Mission.

#1762 1 year ago
Quoted from Blackice:

I couldn’t decide on FF, GF or PF so I’m in on all.

Fixed it for you.

#1763 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

I know right, GTF, GF, FF, PF, FR.

Then we need to consider, how are we going to complain or rave about the pf quality in our PF?

#1764 1 year ago
Quoted from EMDude:

I'm forced to use acronyms all day at work and don't care to in my hobbies. Call me old but we never referred to EM's using acronyms, never heard anyone say "hey, I heard you traded your *CF for a CW and SM". *Captain Fantastic, Card Whiz, Space Mission.

I get it. I once saw a dude use an acronym for Tron. Seriously!?!?

#1765 1 year ago
Quoted from EMDude:

It's about the written word, not the spoken word.

#1766 1 year ago
Quoted from EMDude:

And yes I'm aware of the irony that "EM" is an acronym

#1767 1 year ago

My fave movies of all time #1 TBL, #2 PF and #3 Kill Bill. All themes are great for pinball, yet I don’t own either #1 or #2. A summary comparison is PF is 40% less and it is a single level game without an lcd or interactive toys. I used to think PF was priced attractively for this style of pinball machine, but based on what you don’t get, it seems TBL should be more expensive. One day we may get Kill Bill.

Think I will be buying TBL late this year and after EA’s have been made whole. That’s right, TBL saga has been around so long, many people have forgotten all about it and others are new to the hobby within past three years.

#1768 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

My fave movies of all time #1 TBL and #2 PF. Both themes are great for pinball, yet I don’t own either pin. A summary comparison is PF is 40% less and it is a single level game without an lcd or interactive toys. I used to think PF was priced attractively for this style of pinball machine, but based on what you don’t get, it seems TBL should be more expensive.
Think I will be buying TBL late this year and after EA’s have been made whole. That’s right, TBL saga has been around so long, many people have forgotten all about it and others are new to the hobby within past three years.

Then change your mind, bail out, bail back in and bail out again?

#1769 1 year ago

yea probably. PF has a kool factor from owning and being able to show it off to casuals. From a collectible standpoint, it is priced fairly and that’s hot.

#1770 1 year ago

This game looks pretty rad. I love the three color cabinet. Does anyone know of the cabinet is a decal? Or is it actually painted and stenciled or silkscreened?
Sorry if that’s already been answered I really didn’t want to sift through a thousand posts.

#1771 1 year ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Does anyone know of the cabinet is a decal? Or is it actually painted and stenciled or silkscreened?

Josh Sharpe covered this in the featurette. They were considering stenciling but for various undisclosed reasons they settled on a decal...

#1772 1 year ago

Decals buddy

#1773 1 year ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

This game looks pretty rad. I love the three color cabinet. Does anyone know of the cabinet is a decal? Or is it actually painted and stenciled or silkscreened?
Sorry if that’s already been answered I really didn’t want to sift through a thousand posts.

Decal, I believe it was Josh in the featurette that said they debated on going with stencils but ended up going decal.

#1774 1 year ago
Quoted from aaron6920:

Decal, I believe it was Zach in the featurette that said they debated on going with stencils but ended up going decal.

Zach works at Stern Pinball. Josh is the one that mentioned the decals on Pinside somewhere. Don't worry, he is used to it.

#1775 1 year ago

My fave movies of all time #1 TBL and #2 PF. Both themes are great for pinball, yet I don’t own either pin. A summary comparison is PF is 40% less and it is a single level game without an lcd or interactive toys. I used to think PF was priced attractively for this style of pinball machine, but based on what you don’t get, it seems TBL should be more expensive.

They about halfway through the cue of OG buyers?

#1776 1 year ago

Damn, thanks for the responses. A painted cabinet would have definitely added to the cool factor, still looks great though.

#1777 1 year ago
Quoted from surfnrg:

I didn't say I have no interest in it. I own a Fathom Mermaid. I like simple pins that I can explain the rules in 5 minutes or lesson . I have purchased many art pieces from the 80's Bally era like Medusa, Xenon and Fathom. I'll probably churn thru every new game that Haggis makes. I would be a season ticket holder if I knew he'd be able to produce them all and knew the timeframe and knew how many LEs there would be in each title.
That said, most of my games will have fat rule sets, ramps and interactive toys. I actually don't like overly fat rule sets. To me TZ and MM have the best rule sets for a game. MM reigns supreme imo. Great flow, great ramps, best interactive toy in pinball, great callouts, great theme.
People buying PF should understand they're buying an art piece that will not get played nearly as much as the other pins in their collection. It's more of an art piece.

I own MM and ordered a PF with the intent of playing the fuck out of the mother fucker!

Richard

#1778 1 year ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Exactly. You really don't need callouts telling you where to shoot the ball. Especially for game designs of the 70s-80s. The shots were clear..... shoot for the lit or blinking insert. Simple! Classic! Look at the playfield (where the ball is!) & visually determine where you need to shoot next.
Screens really began to change game design in the 90s. And it was a welcomed exciting change throughout the decade. I still love DMD games, for the classic animations alone. But when LCD screens came along, I feel some companies & programmers have just taken it too far. Throw in a million RBG lights and it's too just too much. You need callouts because you can't visually tell where to shoot, and the screens have way too much information displayed.
The focus for the player should always be the playfield. Period. That's something that has been lost in this LCD era. Which is why the PF throwback to an older era is pleasing to so many players & generating so many sales IMO. I hope CGC makes more games like this, where all the people, resources & money that's pumped into the LCD development goes back into making great playfields & other game features.

Very well said

#1779 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Zach works at Stern Pinball. Josh is the one that mentioned the decals on Pinside somewhere. Don't worry, he is used to it.

Dang it I knew that lol my subconscious brain was thinking Zach. Thanks my post is edited.

#1780 1 year ago

Zed’s dead, baby. Zed’s dead.

#1781 1 year ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Damn, thanks for the responses. A painted cabinet would have definitely added to the cool factor, still looks great though.

Someone clever could make some stencils and you could get it done yourself it you were really keen. Doubt it would be hard to spray and those decals usually come off easy.

#1782 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I don't know..the 3 gimps makes me laugh. I mean, who expected to see a person in a gimp suit on a pinball machine?

Obviously you’ve never visited Centerflank’s gameroom.

#1783 1 year ago
Quoted from surfnrg:

I didn't say I have no interest in it. I own a Fathom Mermaid. I like simple pins that I can explain the rules in 5 minutes or lesson . I have purchased many art pieces from the 80's Bally era like Medusa, Xenon and Fathom. I'll probably churn thru every new game that Haggis makes. I would be a season ticket holder if I knew he'd be able to produce them all and knew the timeframe and knew how many LEs there would be in each title.
That said, most of my games will have fat rule sets, ramps and interactive toys. I actually don't like overly fat rule sets. To me TZ and MM have the best rule sets for a game. MM reigns supreme imo. Great flow, great ramps, best interactive toy in pinball, great callouts, great theme.
People buying PF should understand they're buying an art piece that will not get played nearly as much as the other pins in their collection. It's more of an art piece.

#badtakes

#1784 1 year ago

And just to correct that, Tron has the best interactive toy in pinball.

Castle just shakes, doesn't interact with the player.

#1785 1 year ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

one the dirty cop

Security officer, not a cop.

LTG : )

#1786 1 year ago

TBL broke down a lot for me. I loved it, traded it and have a new one on order but make sure you are prepared to work on it. This will be my first CGC and I hear they are built quite well.

#1787 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

One should be the gimp, one should be Willie Dynamite, and one should be Lt. Dan

One should be the gimp.

One should be the pimp.

One should be the one with a limp.

#1788 1 year ago

Just back from vacy, watching the film to celebrate!

4D13D85E-A442-4812-BDA5-7127021E7C44 (resized).jpeg4D13D85E-A442-4812-BDA5-7127021E7C44 (resized).jpeg
#1789 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

One should be the gimp.
One should be the pimp.
One should be the one with a limp.

C5FD2C2C-8EB9-491F-999F-966A858EBB05 (resized).jpegC5FD2C2C-8EB9-491F-999F-966A858EBB05 (resized).jpeg
#1791 1 year ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

Huge kudos to Butch F*cking Peel on this one! He put that entire PDF together for us in preparation for the launch.

This is such awesome news!!

And makes total sense. I'm always really glad to see Butch welcomed home at a company that values his thoroughness, professionalism and talents!

#1792 1 year ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

Huge kudos to Butch F*cking Peel on this one! He put that entire PDF together for us in preparation for the launch.

A good thing jjp told him they didn't need him anymore.

#1793 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

easy-a-emma-stone.gifeasy-a-emma-stone.gif

#1794 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

And I'm glad they appreciate you too Lloyd..!!

#1795 1 year ago

Hello…. um…. my name is PhoenixPin, and I’m [cough] a regretful Bond 60th owner.

#1796 1 year ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

Hello…. um…. my name is PhoenixPin, and I’m [cough] a regretful Bond 60th owner.

We are all a sick bunch!

#1797 1 year ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

Hiiiiiiiiiii PhoenixPin

Support (resized).pngSupport (resized).png
#1798 1 year ago

I just hope Tarantino loves it so much he commissions more pinball machines for his other movies!

#1799 1 year ago
Quoted from roar:

I just hope Tarantino loves it so much he commissions more pinball machines for his other movies!

Jackie Brown has always been my favorite of his movies. Kill Bill would probably make the most sense though if we ever get another.

#1800 1 year ago
Quoted from roar:

Don't spose you'd be the only one there.....

gogo1gif.gifgogo1gif.gif

My avatar on sites that allow it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
2,000 (Firm)
Machine - Pre-order Spot
Bend, OR
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
There are 6,812 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 137.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pulp-fiction-hype-thread-/page/36 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.